Prince Buaben

17 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Sainz big balls play to screw the mercedes over. Shame for woody smashing the hall to give Lewis the last podium space. World champ got done by safety car driving on ice. Then a superb recovering from 16 to 5th. Onto 6am race next Sunday 

Max never got done by the safety car, they just didn't have the car for the track.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

Max never got done by the safety car, they just didn't have the car for the track.

I think both things are true. They weren't going to win today, but they definitely lost heavily to the safety car too.

11 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

I mean he was cruising for long run on hards with hopeful of a later safety car when he could get a cheaper stop for fresher tyres. That's what I'm meaning 

5 hours ago, H2 said:

Was a great race, super by Sainz, showed his class while Max disobeyed instructions which cost him!

what instructions did he disobeye? Only seen from after the safetycar

9 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

His race engineer repeatedly told him to slow down and save the car as he didn’t need to go flat out. 

59 minutes ago, Tazio said:

His race engineer repeatedly told him to slow down and save the car as he didn’t need to go flat out. 

i dont think in the end that caused him issues. more so the SC meant his tyres cooled down and would not come back to him, the same happened to checo.

1 hour ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Bernie Collins said during commentary he should back off a bit to preserve his tyres and brakes, a few minutes later a radio message to him telling him to back off - but he didn't.

I'll disagree with that. If he didn't push as much before the safety car he would be been behind the front 7 or 8 after safety car on older tyres falling further behind leaders on fresh tyres. If max started on mediums maybe he would have benefited but was doomed from an early safety car on hard tyres. Cuz medium wouldn't have lasted the 40 laps or so 

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Liberty Media F1 listen to the drivers.

Laughing at the team owners and Principals saying Andretti Formula Racing either can't join or should buy an existing team. While Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton both say it would improve the racing to have more cars. 

Seaside Dave

Max Verstappen the 3 time champion of the worldddddddd

Well done oscar on sprint race in Qatar.

But the main story is another dominate title won by super max 🇱🇺

8 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

They are limiting the tyres to 18 laps - thats crazy!  - 

Even more bizarrely there are 57 laps. 3 x 18 is 54

Edited by Tazio

Its mental - You shouldn't be having this - are the tyres unsafe?  It makes it a minimum 3 stop strategy .. so this removes a lot of tactics from the race

Just now, Bigsmak said:

Its mental - You shouldn't be having this - are the tyres unsafe?  It makes it a minimum 3 stop strategy .. so this removes a lot of tactics from the race

Something to do with the track and the kerbs I read the other day. 

35 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Even more bizarrely there are 57 laps. 3 x 18 is 54

Yeh you'd think 2 stops would have been fine.

Guess it accounts for used sets.

Edited by Taffin

55 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Something to do with the track and the kerbs I read the other day. 

the kerbs are more pyramid shaped and the way the drivers are taking them is causing vibrations at the inner part of the tyre, possibly affecting their integrity. before the sprint yesterday they brough one of the main culprit corners was brought in 80 cm to try and help

Seaside Dave
1 hour ago, Bigsmak said:

Good race though - Norris and the Mclaren boys doing brilliant! 

Superb from McLaren. The fight to take piastri off alpine was defo worth it. Lewis admits fault for the crash at turn 1. Good race overall. Checo lando swap In the summer ? 

Another max win 🇱🇺

Love seeing the McLaren guys doing so well.

Also like seeing Lewis fail.

Max is just another level from everyone though and it shows.  Incredible driver.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

A joke that the world championship can be won in a side show event the day before the Grand Prix race. 

At least make them do the sprints in random cars.

I P Knightley
39 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

1988 BMW 323is all round :) Or Ford Granadas like from The Sweeney. It wouldn't be much less of a joke. 

Seeing what Max Verstappen could get out of a Williams or Alfa Romeo would be more interesting than seeing, once again, that he can make his Red Bull go very fast indeed. 

13 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

1988 BMW 323is all round :) Or Ford Granadas like from The Sweeney. It wouldn't be much less of a joke. 

Seeing what Max Verstappen could get out of a Williams or Alfa Romeo would be more interesting than seeing, once again, that he can make his Red Bull go very fast indeed. 

Granadas would be amazing.

Max would still wreck them all tbf.

On 09/10/2023 at 13:03, Lovecraft said:

Should be a reverse grid for sprints make it interesting 

27 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

wouldnt need to make it interesting if they didnt keep changing the rules every few years. 

1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

And make half the cars race in one direction, half in the other.

Might start watching it again if they did that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just when they thought Lewis was really close to winning a race he gets disqualified 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Another win for the 3 in a row world champ 

50 in total. And with brake issues from the first corner. Checo extends his lead over Lewis in 2nd place due to plankmiltons DQ. Charles leclerc also dq for same offence.

Both Williams's drivers score points 

Overall good race. 

Let the haters boo and they can cry all the way home while max wins more and more 

1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

Just when they thought Lewis was really close to winning a race he gets disqualified 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Another win for the 3 in a row world champ 

50 in total. And with brake issues from the first corner. Checo extends his lead over Lewis in 2nd place due to plankmiltons DQ. Charles leclerc also dq for same offence.

Both Williams's drivers score points 

Overall good race. 

Let the haters boo and they can cry all the way home while max wins more and more 

"Let the haters cry" as he calls one of if not the best drivers in F1 history plankmilton. 🤣

and another podium for Norris - He is being very consistent right now - Unfortunately for him, much like Andy Murray - he is up against one of the best the sport has ever seen - and will always be remebered for second best! 

4 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

and another podium for Norris - He is being very consistent right now - Unfortunately for him, much like Andy Murray - he is up against one of the best the sport has ever seen - and will always be remebered for second best! 

Perhaps unless he takes Checos seat.

10 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

"Let the haters cry" as he calls one of if not the best drivers in F1 history plankmilton. 🤣

Oh yes 🤣🤣🤣 I'm not crying when I'm saying that lol that's his new name for a bit ok sir 🤣🤣

15 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I don't think that's a move Red Bull make. They're not going to want someone to challenge Verstappen, nor will Verstappen stand for that either. I think they go with either a vet or someone young.

Also, the "patter" in both Team Verstappen and Team Hamilton is pathetic. Reminds me of Scottish people bitching and fighting about Real Madrid or Barcelona.

13 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Oh yes 🤣🤣🤣 I'm not crying when I'm saying that lol that's his new name for a bit ok sir 🤣🤣

If you're over 16 then you've got issues.

On 23/10/2023 at 09:41, Seaside Dave said:

Overall good race. 

^^This.

It was a good race with strategy playing a major part in the outcome (skid blocks aside). 

15 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

15 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Much like Coulthard and Webber before him. 

The rumours are that RB want him if he wants to initiate a move away from McLaren. 

11 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I don't think that's a move Red Bull make. They're not going to want someone to challenge Verstappen, nor will Verstappen stand for that either. I think they go with either a vet or someone young.

Also, the "patter" in both Team Verstappen and Team Hamilton is pathetic. Reminds me of Scottish people bitching and fighting about Real Madrid or Barcelona.

10 hours ago, Mysterion said:

^^This.

It was a good race with strategy playing a major part in the outcome (skid blocks aside). 

Much like Coulthard and Webber before him. 

The rumours are that RB want him if he wants to initiate a move away from McLaren. 

How long is Max gonna hang around in F1 though?

On 23/10/2023 at 19:55, Bigsmak said:

Max himself has said that if Lando was in a faster car, he'd likely win the championship. They're great mates away from the circuit too.

10 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

How long is Max gonna hang around in F1 though?

That's their dilemma I suppose.

On the flip side I could see them go for a Championship competitor like Norris would be and basically get Verstappen told that he can have zero complaints given his constant quit threats. But if MV has given them assurances behind the scenes, I see them going for someone reliable who'll just churn out podiums and not rock the boat.

On 09/10/2023 at 01:24, Lovecraft said:

Love seeing the McLaren guys doing so well.

Also like seeing Lewis fail.

Max is just another level from everyone though and it shows.  Incredible driver.

Max is not at another level, you put any other top driver in the same car and they will beat him. That car is further ahead than any car in history. His own team very oddly fell back after competing with him!

5 minutes ago, H2 said:

Max is not at another level, you put any other top driver in the same car and they will beat him. That car is further ahead than any car in history. His own team very oddly fell back after competing with him!

So they are making sure Checo's car is crap?

On 23/10/2023 at 19:55, Bigsmak said:

That's simply not true. The RedBull car is the superior component. If the Mclaren competes with the Redbull you will see Lando wnining

1 hour ago, H2 said:

That's simply not true. The RedBull car is the superior component. If the Mclaren competes with the Redbull you will see Lando wnining

I still think Max is the better driver - you put them in equal cars, I think the aggression that Max shows would let him win more, I think Norris is amazing, but maybe not at the level that Max is.... Yet ! 

Max would beat Lando 9 times out of 10 in equally machinery imo. 

If Lando was at Max's  level he'd have been at a top team years ago.

I like Lando.

13 hours ago, Taffin said:

Max would beat Lando 9 times out of 10 in equally machinery imo. 

If Lando was at Max's  level he'd have been at a top team years ago.

I like Lando.

Lando is at a top team, he wants to win with McLaren. 10 years ago he would have been 13!
Lando, Lewis, Sainz and Alonso would all beat Verstappen in cars designed for them the way Red Bull design for Verstappen, indeed I believe Perez would beat Verstappen in a car designed for him. 

2 hours ago, H2 said:

Lando is at a top team, he wants to win with McLaren. 10 years ago he would have been 13!
Lando, Lewis, Sainz and Alonso would all beat Verstappen in cars designed for them the way Red Bull design for Verstappen, indeed I believe Perez would beat Verstappen in a car designed for him. 

Lando wasn't even born the last time McLaren won the championship. So no, in Lando's life, and this century, no, McLaren are not a top team.

As for the bold, everyone's entitled to their opinion but that's wild 😂😂😂😂

Sainz?!? Ffs 😂😂

21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Lando wasn't even born the last time McLaren won the championship. So no, in Lando's life, and this century, no, McLaren are not a top team.

As for the bold, everyone's entitled to their opinion but that's wild 😂😂😂😂

Sainz?!? Ffs 😂😂

I think you may e suffering from a tinge of bias, but hey, that's your opinion!

Ferrari 1_2 for quali in Mexico. I wonder if they will race each other from the get go and both ruin their tyres in first 10 laps opening door for max cruising to victory