Prince Buaben

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hmmm I'm no MV fan but that's doing him a disservice. If what you were saying were true then him and Perez would be having shootouts each race.

Really it's not. RedBull have a clear No.1 and no.2 and the no.1 car gets looked after better. Put any of the top drivers, (Alonso, Hamilton, Norris, Russell, and maybe a couple of others) in the same car and I believe they will beat the golden boy.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, H2 said:

Really it's not. RedBull have a clear No.1 and no.2 and the no.1 car gets looked after better. Put any of the top drivers, (Alonso, Hamilton, Norris, Russell, and maybe a couple of others) in the same car and I believe they will beat the golden boy.

The cars are the same and why would Checo's team treat him worse than Max's team treat him? As for the second part...Russell 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The cars are the same and why would Checo's team treat him worse than Max's team treat him? As for the second part...Russell 😂😂😂

Because if Checo comes close he'll beat the Golden boy too.

4 minutes ago, H2 said:

Sure thang, I'll leave you to it 👍

hmfc_liam06
36 minutes ago, H2 said:

😂

So RB are willing to put the constructors (the bigger prize) at risk just to appease Verstappen.

Right you are 😂

15 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

😂

So RB are willing to put the constructors (the bigger prize) at risk just to appease Verstappen.

Right you are 😂

Their car is so far ahead, there is no risk. Maybe you  haven't noticed how far ahead they are in the constructors.

So yes, right I am 😁

Why are Sky Sports advertising the Hungarian GP with a line about Waltzing into Budapest and the Viennese Waltz playing over it? 

10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Why are Sky Sports advertising the Hungarian GP with a line about Waltzing into Budapest and the Viennese Waltz playing over it? 

Because the Blue Danube waltz, the most famous Viennese Waltz, was first performed in the Vigadó Concert Hall in Budapest in 1867. I didn't realise that Sky were so cultured!

Of course, I might just have had made all that up, and they're not so cultured after all.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Because the Blue Danube waltz, the most famous Viennese Waltz, was first performed in the Vigadó Concert Hall in Budapest in 1867. I didn't realise that Sky were so cultured!

Of course, I might just have had made all that up, and they're not so cultured after all.

You know fine well you made half of that up. 

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

are you saying the blue danube waltz was not first played in budapest?

10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

are you saying the blue danube waltz was not first played in budapest?

According to Classic FM, yes. 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

You take that back, sir. I made 100% of it up!

8 hours ago, redjambo said:

You take that back, sir. I made 100% of it up!

I'm sorry but The Blue Danube was indeed first performed in 1867 and I refuse to believe that you just plucked that from nowhere. 

I'm sorry but The Blue Danube was indeed first performed in 1867 and I refuse to believe that you just plucked that from nowhere. 

Ah yes, good point. :D

that was a complete mess at the end of Q1, lots of cars gonig slow to get gaps but faster cars on laps potentially held up.  i would say i'm not a fan of this new qualifying format, it feels like seeded draws in football that is there to protect the bigger teams

40 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that was a complete mess at the end of Q1, lots of cars gonig slow to get gaps but faster cars on laps potentially held up.  i would say i'm not a fan of this new qualifying format, it feels like seeded draws in football that is there to protect the bigger teams

My issue with it is that teams will know exactly what rival teams can do on the various tyres compared to them. 

Seaside Dave

Good end to qualifying you'd think Hamilton won the title with the bouncing into the team and all over getting poll 😂😂 quickly changed on race down to p4 after  a couple of turns. Max sailed away in the distance beautiful. 2 great recovery drives from checo and Russell and well Lando in the top 2 aswell. Great day all round 

• 2 weeks later...
Seaside Dave

Another week down another dominate max win including a sprint too. Him and his engineer arguing like an old married couple brilliant for the viewers. 4 weeks off now for the world champ and the rest of the pack. Feet up Sundays continue 

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoyable race so far today 

The rain makes such a difference - 

Also - Lando's team were not quick enough to react to the rain at the start! 

Seaside Dave
3 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Really enjoyable race so far today 

The rain makes such a difference - 

Also - Lando's team were not quick enough to react to the rain at the start! 

Drama galore. Russell not happy now down in 17. More rain to come too. Love race weekends 

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This has been a cracker so far!

Agree -  Much better - and there might be more rain to come! 

Some of the 'Lesser' drivers are having great days! 

Something about love seeing Ferrari in top spot in Italy. Fans live and breath Ferrari. 

Obviously tomorrow I'll be hoping max took off past sainz and Ferrari tears in tears 😂😂 

Some tears from Lewis in his sky interview lol very weird weird strangle little them of a thing 

4 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Something about love seeing Ferrari in top spot in Italy. Fans live and breath Ferrari. 

Obviously tomorrow I'll be hoping max took off past sainz and Ferrari tears in tears 😂😂 

Some tears from Lewis in his sky interview lol very weird weird strangle little them of a thing 

Hamilton won't win another race in F1, never mind a title. He must have just realised that. 

Hamilton won't win another race in F1, never mind a title. He must have just realised that. 

If you listen you can hear his voice break when he starts his rambling. Almost as if he's about to start crying 😂😂😂 I'm a fan of Lewis tears 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Let’s see if the stewards are brave enough to punish Hamilton for almost causing a massive crash with Piastri. 

Punished him but means nothing. Cost piastri points and got himself clear of any position drops with albon struggling. 

Sainz defended brilliantly from max. But once the 3 time champion got by it was over for ferrari winning the race 

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Is 2023 the longest F1 season there's ever been? 

Or does it just feel like it? 

currently joint most races with 2021 and 2022, next year there are another 2 races taking the total to 24

I P Knightley
58 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

currently joint most races with 2021 and 2022, next year there are another 2 races taking the total to 24

Oh Christ! Who needs that? 

I used to be massively into F1 when I was a teenager. I try to keep an eye on it now but really can't be bothered. 

13 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Is 2023 the longest F1 season there's ever been? 

Or does it just feel like it? 

Bit of both. It's no fun watching anyone dominate.

Qualifying is the best bit of the weekend.

Yesterday was probably the first time that before a race iv not been gutted or annoyed at missing. I simply didnt care. Iv loved F1 since before I can remember. 

Its just mind numbing stuff. If Max is on pole he wins. If he isnt on pole then you just guess the number of laps he is behind before he overtakes and wins. 

Its not enjoyable atall. And I lived through the Ferrari years, nothing like this. 

This is how nuts it is, if Max wins the rest of the races this season (entirely possible) then he will have won as many races in one season as Hakkinen did in his career. 

1 hour ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Yesterday was probably the first time that before a race iv not been gutted or annoyed at missing. I simply didnt care. Iv loved F1 since before I can remember. 

Its just mind numbing stuff. If Max is on pole he wins. If he isnt on pole then you just guess the number of laps he is behind before he overtakes and wins. 

Its not enjoyable atall. And I lived through the Ferrari years, nothing like this. 

This is how nuts it is, if Max wins the rest of the races this season (entirely possible) then he will have won as many races in one season as Hakkinen did in his career. 

Nah, it's great. We've had Aston looking like best of the rest, then McLaren surging and falling away again, Williams looking great at certain courses. Mercedes plodding away consistently. Ferrari chaos. Quite a lot of podium variation. Some of the battles for the points has been great. 

If you're only interested in who is p1 then sure, it's boring. Personally everything else is as unpredictable as I can remember it.

Edited by Taffin

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Bit of both. It's no fun watching anyone dominate.

Qualifying is the best bit of the weekend.

The last two races gave been decent as MV didn't just go into the distance from the start. The rain in the Netherlands helped that race and Ferrari being semi competitive helped this one.

But as @Taffin says if you watch further down the grid there can be good wheel to wheel racing

Watched Schumacher dominate for years loved f1. Watched Hamilton dominate for years loved f1. Max now dominating F1 and still loving f1. There's 20 cars on the track to watch. Not just the constant masterclass from max ❤️

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

The last two races gave been decent as MV didn't just go into the distance from the start. The rain in the Netherlands helped that race and Ferrari being semi competitive helped this one.

But as @Taffin says if you watch further down the grid there can be good wheel to wheel racing

Yeah but no one wants to be watching guys fight for 12th 😅

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Massive crash for Lance Stroll in Singapore qualifying. One of those where you’re amazed at the strength of the modern cars. 

Yea if that was years ago that could have ended really really bad. 

Red bull struggling this weekend. It's all sky have talked about. Well apart from helmut Marko checo comments. 11th and 14th with penalty's to come. We might see max and checo both start from the pitlane. Damage limitation it seems for the race. Bit of luck with safety car and the f1 worldwide would be in tears If the world champion managed to win this one 🤣

Sainz big balls play to screw the mercedes over. Shame for woody smashing the hall to give Lewis the last podium space. World champ got done by safety car driving on ice. Then a superb recovering from 16 to 5th. Onto 6am race next Sunday