• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

• Weakened Offender

19 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Possibly, thanks for the response. Perhaps would have been better if HMFC had actually sold the tickets on our site as away fans? Anyway, most important thing is that ICT see the benefit 👍🏼

Good point.

1 hour ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Yes to Partick virtual tickets or fundraiser...

Im not sure I’ve done the ICT ticket thing properly? I bought my ticket on their website. So, how will they now the exact amount that Hearts fans have bought?

Was/is there an option to buy them

on our website? And if not - why not?

I doubt they will know the exact amount Hearts fans bought but will take a rough figure going by the postcodes they are being sent out to.

55 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

I'm assuming they are guessing based on where you live. I live in England so I probably wasn't counted as a Hearts fan.

I wouldn’t worry about it, they know 90%+ are Hearts. And I’d believe that those outside Scotland ie England, NI, Wales, Europe and all around the world donating are 99%+ Hearts, in England it’s only Hearts fans that know about this ♥️H♥️H♥️G♥️H spread the word ...

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'd love it if we could find a few more 'never ever a Jambo' types who were prepared to pump millions into our club.  Imagine if we actually found one who as a Jambo, how much would they pump in to Hearts?

And why is the wealthy individual non-Hearts supporter James Anderson not pumping any money into Hibs?  Other than the £50k he gave to all clubs, possibly more than the wealthy individual 'never a Hibee' who currently owns the vermin has ever put into his own club. 

Pretty sure it's common knowledge that Tom Farmer had virtually zero interest in football when he bought them, never mind not being a Hibs fan? And Ron Gordon's a big Hibbee of course  🤣

Edited by ToqueJambo

Kalamazoo Jambo
8 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I doubt they will know the exact amount Hearts fans bought but will take a rough figure going by the postcodes they are being sent out to.

Indeed. For the record ZIP code 49009 is 100% Hearts territory.

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I wouldn’t worry about it, they know 90%+ are Hearts. And I’d believe that those outside Scotland ie England, NI, Wales, Europe and all around the world donating are 99%+ Hearts, in England it’s only Hearts fans that know about this ♥️H♥️H♥️G♥️H spread the word ...

True, 2 of us in North East England i know, who have bought tickets.

16 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Indeed. For the record ZIP code 49009 is 100% Hearts territory.

I live in England but the house name is "Tynecastle” - I'm sure ICT can work it out!

46 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I get your point of view on some clubs just doing what was best for them, even if it wasn't in our best interests, but wasn't done through malice towards us as a club.  However, I don't differentiate between any of the clubs who made decisions that ultimately caused us harm, whatever their motives might have been.

In the same way that those clubs were free to make their own decisions, I and may thousands of other Hearts supporters are free to make our own decisions as to where we spend our money, and decide which clubs benefit and which clubs lose out.  As far as this season is concerned, ICT will be the only club that benefits from me financially, if some fans are happy to give money to other clubs, then that is their choice.  I might not agree with their choice, but I respect their right to make that choice and attempt to justify it.  

👍 Don’t really think anyone needs to attempt to justify their actions. It’s a free world. 

39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The money stuff was all Doncaster fear-mongering though. If they fell for that more fool them.

Read the statements of the likes of Edinburgh City and East Fife. They took the "do no harm" approach despite neither being rich clubs and there was nothing stopping the other clubs doing that.

Agreed. Clubs made their choice based on a multitude of reasons. That was my point. Shouldn’t tar them all with the same brush. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Robbo could have saved himself half the time by not signing the letter as well as the ticket.

Just the signed ticket with a printed letter would have been enough.

I’m expecting a handwritten tribute to my PHM-ness. 

And he’s not praying!

Surely they’re basing the 90% Hearts fan figure on the amount of new sign ups to their database rather than by postcode.

You’ve got to imagine the vast vast majority of ICT fans would have already been on it.

Tickets bought by fans of other clubs will be extremely low.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Surely they’re basing the 90% Hearts fan figure on the amount of new sign ups to their database rather than by postcode.

You’ve got to imagine the vast vast majority of ICT fans would have already been on it.

Also just common sense and the fact the story only really hit the papers and got widespread coverage after the total got so high.

The other great thing about this is this will get some attention beyond Scotland, giving the story of the SPFL's incompetence an even broader audience.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

I'm up for this.

Could the people who helped set-up the Inverness tickets not do something?  A virtual Hearts v Jags game on Feb 29th?

Aye good one 

Kalamazoo Jambo
58 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I live in England but the house name is "Tynecastle” - I'm sure ICT can work it out!

I have faith in their detective skills.

I know Partick are in big difficulties so it would be great to help them, then Stranraer. I always liked the Fife teams especially Rovers after Campbell Hutton stood up to Rangers but feel they betrayed us especially on the reconstruction vote which wouldn't have impacted on them. It's a shame but I wouldn't help any of the clubs who voted against reconstruction and felt that we should take our medicine. As I learned years ago actions have consequences. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Exactly, the very reason I won't snog the Mrs after a BJ. 😁

Wimp. Show the woman some love.

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Wimp. Show the woman some love.

The showing of love has to come before the BJ in my house or there will be no BJ. 😄

1 hour ago, graygo said:

That’s just manners, it would be rude letting her taste it after u have done that kind of thing 😝

Just now, jamtartan74 said:

That’s just manners, it would be rude letting her taste it after u have done that kind of thing 😝

Thought that would have been the first reply tbh, disappointed in the dropping of standards on here lately.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Thought that would have been the first reply tbh, disappointed in the dropping of standards on here lately.

So did I tbf, couldn’t pass up the opportunity there though 👍🏻😁

2 hours ago, graygo said:

🤣

10 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

😤 beat me too it

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Indeed

On topic - Hearts v Partick on Fifa - what year was the last one we were both in it 🤔

Edit: Quick Check surprisingly Fifa 18

https://fifa.fandom.com/wiki/Scottish_Premier_League

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

I get your point of view on some clubs just doing what was best for them, even if it wasn't in our best interests, but wasn't done through malice towards us as a club.  However, I don't differentiate between any of the clubs who made decisions that ultimately caused us harm, whatever their motives might have been.

In the same way that those clubs were free to make their own decisions, I and may thousands of other Hearts supporters are free to make our own decisions as to where we spend our money, and decide which clubs benefit and which clubs lose out.  As far as this season is concerned, ICT will be the only club that benefits from me financially, if some fans are happy to give money to other clubs, then that is their choice.  I might not agree with their choice, but I respect their right to make that choice and attempt to justify it.  

Doncaster et al put the shitters up a lot of clubs. Very few had the foresight to take a breath and let things pan out a bit to see what the actual situation was going to be. I will never forget Partick Thistles statement about essentially sticking together and doing the right thing by each other. That fell on deaf ears. The government later introduced the furlough scheme, James Anderson donated money, and the Scottish Government have provided loans and grants. As a result there will be some clubs that are actually better off than they would have been have the pandemic not occurred. All that would have come to pass had some clubs just waited.

As far as I am concerned those that voted in their own interest voted to the detriment of others. There is strength in unity, but the vast majority voted for themselves. At the time it was expected that some clubs might go down the tubes, that hasn’t happened as yet, but only because of the measures government and a philanthropist put in place.

When clubs voted they did so at that time in the knowledge that it would harm other clubs. That is totally unacceptable to me. I will hold that against those clubs to my dying day. They will never receive a single penny from me. 

alwaysthereinspirit
20 minutes ago, graygo said:

The showing of love has to come before the BJ in my house or there will be no BJ. 😄

You’re no different than any other (married) man on here.😩

9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

👍 Don’t really think anyone needs to attempt to justify their actions. It’s a free world

Now there's a boo boo, even in the tiny "world" of Scottish Football. 

2 hours ago, jdl2002 said:

8 x £5 tickets bought, 1 x £10 tkt bought numbers 8738-8746

@6.35am this morning

7822 is the capacity so we must be creeping up on 1000 more than capacity. Incredible.

10 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I was on their database from buying an away ticket from them.

I think it was for the match in 2013 when they gave us some cash-back. 

31 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Now there's a boo boo, even in the tiny "world" of Scottish Football. 

As always context is key - what or whom is stopping you watching whatever streamed football match you want to? 

8 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Doncaster et al put the shitters up a lot of clubs. Very few had the foresight to take a breath and let things pan out a bit to see what the actual situation was going to be. I will never forget Partick Thistles statement about essentially sticking together and doing the right thing by each other. That fell on deaf ears. The government later introduced the furlough scheme, James Anderson donated money, and the Scottish Government have provided loans and grants. As a result there will be some clubs that are actually better off than they would have been have the pandemic not occurred. All that would have come to pass had some clubs just waited.

As far as I am concerned those that voted in their own interest voted to the detriment of others. There is strength in unity, but the vast majority voted for themselves. At the time it was expected that some clubs might go down the tubes, that hasn’t happened as yet, but only because of the measures government and a philanthropist put in place.

When clubs voted they did so at that time in the knowledge that it would harm other clubs. That is totally unacceptable to me. I will hold that against those clubs to my dying day. They will never receive a single penny from me. 

Company Directors have a legal responsibility to act in the best interests of their company. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Company Directors have a legal responsibility to act in the best interests of their company. 

Are they permitted to go down a 'short-term pain for long-term gain' path?

10 minutes ago, Boof said:

Are they permitted to go down a 'short-term pain for long-term gain' path?

Possibly though they have to ensure that they avoid trading whilst technically insolvent. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Possibly though they have to ensure that they avoid trading whilst technically insolvent. 

I just had something in mind like mothball for a season to ensure company survival or reconstruct leagues to do similar. Could, for instance, Hibernian directors claim to be acting in the company's best interests by voting themselves down a place - and ensuing prize money - last year? They might argue that (short term pain) would be more than balanced by their core customer group continuing to be customers (long term gain by buying kids' season tickets) rather than alienating them. Or might that be a bit of a sticky wicket worthy of investigation by someone - not sure whom!

Edit - sorry folks..this is off-topic.

Edited by Boof

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No they don't or not many companies would have bank loans or overdrafts. 

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Doesn't happen in the real world. Will happen even less post covid. If every company stopped trading because they were technically insolvent the benefits system would be overwhelmed.

35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So what ? 

None of what Ethan says is affected by directors legal obligations, which in a football context, are rather different from acting in shareholders interests in a"normal" business. I'd also add, IF club owners & directors WERE acting in their company/shareholder best interests they'd have told the SPFL board to GTF and taken more time to consider ALL the options - which the SPFL board did not allow (according to the clubs). 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

As always context is key - what or whom is stopping you watching whatever streamed football match you want to? 

So the context of "freedom" and what you mean is we're free to break the law?

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

So did hibs break the law then? Their vote cost them £100k 

11 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

IIRC, the spfl had decided to halt the season or at least had made the decision to call the vote prior to the first SG Covid update. The spfl were NOT going to wait, they had to call the league for celtics title and CL slot not to be, in any way, threatened.

Agree with everything you say here 👍

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

...unless you're the director of hubz! The only premier league team that didn't vote out of self interest. Instead they chose to take a huge financial hit (and give up an Euro spot) to..... stick it to us basically.

17 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

I'm assuming they are guessing based on where you live. I live in England so I probably wasn't counted as a Hearts fan.

I live in Dundee but hope not be tarnished with the same brush as their shiite football teams. 

6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m well aware of that. Acting in the best interests of the company does not necessarily mean acting straight away. I am not aware of one single club who were so close to the wire that they were going to go down the tubes immediately. If there were any clubs in that state then their company directors simply weren’t doing their jobs properly, or they should have been taking action to remedy the situation prior to Covid.

They were sold a lie. They had the shitters put up them by Doncaster et al and were put under pressure in a rushed through vote. Some of those same company directors - who have to act in the best interests of their company - admitted they didn’t even have time to read all the documentation prior to voting. I’d question the competency of any company director who makes decisions effecting the company without reading and digesting the necessary paperwork. Maybe Lawell’s rousing speech was all the information they required though.

The SPFL is a collection of companies, all joined for collective benefit. The way some clubs voted that day meant they were no longer voting for collective benefit e.g. Partick Thistles do no harm, they voted out of self interest. I get that. My head gets it, my heart gets it, and my wallet gets it, hence they will never see a penny from me. Feck them all.

3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

IIRC, the spfl had decided to halt the season or at least had made the decision to call the vote prior to the first SG Covid update. The spfl were NOT going to wait, they had to call the league for celtics title and CL slot not to be, in any way, threatened.

Agree with everything you say here 👍

You’re right, it was the case that they made the decision before the SG made  any announcement. 

Doncaster repeatedly spouts that the SPFL board carries out the will of the clubs. The SPFL are the clubs. More clubs should have had the backbone to stand up and press pause, wait until we have actually heard what the SG is saying and doing before we make a decision. Whether it be through weakness, bullying, greed, or otherwise, too many clubs decided to act in their own self interest.

The fact that clubs later voted not to give the SPFL board the power to call the leagues in future speaks volumes. I would be confident in saying there will be numerous club Chairman who - with hindsight- know what was done, and how it was done, was wrong. Unfortunately few of them have had the balls to come out and say it. That is to Scottish footballs detriment, so feck them.

haveyouheard1874
14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just checked and ticket numbers are around the 8900 count

Reckon as the game gets closer the momentum will come back big style and the total numbers sold  will be staggering, well IMO, though the sales so far are just  phenomenal/amazing