Hearts bond with Inverness to get stronger - virtual tickets v Hearts

eck1874

On 09/02/2021 at 00:14, been here before said:

Seek and ye shall find...

Broken, broken people.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?350700-Wee-Robbo&p=6460844#post6460844

Thread: Wee Robbo
flash 06:24 PM Yesterday
Judging by the nick of him in the pic just shown on STV Sport I reckon most of the Hertz fans virtual ticket money will be getting spent in the virtual off licence.

Is It On.... 08:48 PM Yesterday
No stranger to a fish supper

No stranger to a goal against Hibs !!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

• Weakened Offender

Don't know the financial position of Queen of the South and don't care.  I do know however that it would have been on the threshold of a significant boost had they done the right thing in the rigged election.

Tough.

8 hours ago, jim747 said:

Watched Aaron's interview with Robbo last night.

I was lucky enough to see Robbo and Colquhoun as team mates, but can you imagine a Hearts team with Robbo, Colquhoun, and Skacel playing together? Ooft  :wub:

Even better with Robbo,Rudi, Colquhoun and Crabbe. 

2 hours ago, Daktari said:

I have a mate who was a roadie for years, with and supporting some major rock acts. He tells story of one band who were doing 'signed T shirts', but it was the road crew with rubber stamps made up from the signatures and ink pads..... stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp...... production line churning them out back stage.... 

Quite common thing back in the day. Live ink ones are far rarer than people would think

1 hour ago, chubby1973 said:

And not one of them picked them up for it!?!

Noticed that 🤔

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Daktari said:

To be fair, I did say 'major rock acts....' 😁

Who is more major than the Bay City Rollers ?

Hey, hey, rockin' to the music
Rockin' every night and day

WorldChampions1902
23 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Don't know the financial position of Queen of the South and don't care.  I do know however that it would have been on the threshold of a significant boost had they done the right thing in the rigged election.

Tough.

:verysmug:

8 hours ago, lou said:

I agree this is not feasible for Robbo, the intent was fantastic but I think it's time just to send the tickets out with a photocopy of a signed letter

Hearts [probably other clubs too] used to get youth players to sign presentation footballs etc

35 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Who is more major than the Bay City Rollers ?

Hey, hey, rockin' to the music
Rockin' every night and day

No-one. First band I ever saw live. In Bonnyrigg ex-serviceman’s club’s ‘Teenager’ xmas party about 1971 - pre world fame days. 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No-one. First band I ever saw live. In Bonnyrigg ex-serviceman’s club’s ‘Teenager’ xmas party about 1971 - pre world fame days. 

Correct

And some fools would rate Madison Square Gardens or Wembley or the Apollo above Bonnyrigg ex-serviceman’s club’s as well I bet....

Mrs Novoman felt sorry for Robbo’s wrist and as we already have a signed ticket on its way, she bought 4 x£5 ones ..

numbers 8614 - 17 

moving towards 10,000 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Quite a contradiction in music from the BCR to your quote re Muddy Waters. You must have seen the light somewhere along the road. 

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Quite a contradiction in music from the BCR to your quote re Muddy Waters. You must have seen the light somewhere along the road. 

Life is one big journey of discovery. 

Weakened Offender
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I got criticism for calling them traitors. Probably a bit strong but to me they are spineless. 

Anyway, I don't want to derail what is a classic thread, showing what wonderful supporters we have.

Unbelievable. 

No longer active

Partick

If ever there’s another team who needs our support just now. They can’t even sell virtual tickets as there are calls to end their leagues now

Just now, George Cowie said:

Partick

If ever there’s another team who needs our support just now. They can’t even sell virtual tickets as there are calls to end their leagues now

correct , I’d be happy to help if they got something sorted out .

3 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Partick

Yeh I agree, put into a league that was doomed from the start!!

shameful what happened to Partick

I would be up for buying a virtual ticket for them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, sadj said:

Football Royalty is one of the best things Iv read in ages

Or buy 2x£5 and 1x£10 so that the postage is covered is a better ide 

Why on earth have you been going round Scotland testing to see if cocks are bitter or not???

Just assumed they all taste like my own 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just assumed they all taste like my own 

🤣🤣🤣 well played pal. Hows the urban world of Aberdeens posh suburbs (as vague as I can be)  in the snow

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

🤣🤣🤣 well played pal. Hows the urban world of Aberdeens posh suburbs (as vague as I can be)  in the snow

Rather dull! Same as it is in the sun rain or ice just now  :lol:

We've got snowmen springing up everywhere though, got just about enough Hearts scarves for most of them.

Mind you we are so posh, our snowmen usually wear cravattes

As at 2003 hrs: 8,639 tickets sold.

Remember this is just the tickets sold in the current ‘phase’ and when ICTF provide updates about tickets they (correctly) add in season tickets sold for their current season.

Hagar the Horrible

I cant believe the numbers for the ICT game. QOS will be all Leeds Utd about the PPV and virtual tickets we have bought another home sell out due. Or that would have been the case if you had not marched proudly behind Celtics march to 10IAR and answered Lawwells rousing speech well now you can stew in your own juices. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Rather dull! Same as it is in the sun rain or ice just now  :lol:

We've got snowmen springing up everywhere though, got just about enough Hearts scarves for most of them.

Mind you we are so posh, our snowmen usually wear cravattes

I could believe that as long as they are Hearts cravats though just remember to be inclusive and have snowwomen , snow trees , snow oranges , snow peregrine falcons (one for the covid thread readers there) 

I took delivery of a pile of carrots the other day so just your typical coal eyed , carrot nosed ones here. We had roughly a foot of snow yesterday afternoon on top of what we already had. Only -10 so far tonight though 🤣

Neverforgetfiveone

Yes to Partick virtual tickets or fundraiser...

Im not sure I’ve done the ICT ticket thing properly? I bought my ticket on their website. So, how will they now the exact amount that Hearts fans have bought?

Was/is there an option to buy them

on our website? And if not - why not?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

I could believe that as long as they are Hearts cravats though just remember to be inclusive and have snowwomen , snow trees , snow oranges , snow peregrine falcons (one for the covid thread readers there) 

I took delivery of a pile of carrots the other day so just your typical coal eyed , carrot nosed ones here. We had roughly a foot of snow yesterday afternoon on top of what we already had. Only -10 so far tonight though 🤣

Sitting at -4 just now-7 seems to be our peak. Still folk going about in shorts  :lol:

1 hour ago, David Black said:

It's enough to Booglarize you baby.

Remnants of Standards
4 hours ago, 22games nro said:

I will throw this open,

I live in Inverness and through my work I'm classed as an essential worker and allowed to travel for work purposes.

I often work in the central belt and will be down before the game and back to Edinburgh the week after.

I can get in touch with Caley to see if they will  allow the big flag and if so I'm happy to volunteer to take the big flag and then bring it back down the week following the game ?

A few queries I'm not sure about.

1. I've a decent size 4x4 with the back seats down ,would the flag fit into it ?

2. who currently is looking after the flag  and how would I get in touch etc ?

Any other things I've not thought about ?

I live in Inverness too as do a few other jambos in the Highland Hearts supporters group. Check out our Facebook page when you get a chance, unless you are aware of our works. 're the big flag, logistically it might be difficult plus any volunteers would have to be socially distant etc.

I'll see if we have any banners left up here and ask around

1 hour ago, George Cowie said:

Partick

I’d be up for whatever we can do something to help.

4 minutes ago, Politbordeaux said:

I live in Inverness too as do a few other jambos in the Highland Hearts supporters group. Check out our Facebook page when you get a chance, unless you are aware of our works. 're the big flag, logistically it might be difficult plus any volunteers would have to be socially distant etc.

I'll see if we have any banners left up here and ask around

Spot on mate 

55 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I cant believe the numbers for the ICT game. QOS will be all Leeds Utd about the PPV and virtual tickets we have bought another home sell out due. Or that would have been the case if you had not marched proudly behind Celtics march to 10IAR and answered Lawwells rousing speech well now you can stew in your own juices. 

EXACTLY!!!

Robbo could have saved himself half the time by not signing the letter as well as the ticket.

Just the signed ticket with a printed letter would have been enough.

31 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

It's enough to Booglarize you baby.

Hey, very good. Did you see the Captain at the Empire around 1972?

would be keen to try something to help thistle out, similar to what we are currently doing for Inverness .

What’s happened has been an unprecedented failure in the running of our game and Partick more than most have suffered terribly. 

appreciate they don’t have games just now but something like a virtual friendly between both teams might work.

Could Steven Kilgour who 1st approached Inverness do the same for partick , sorry don’t have any contact details but I’m sure others could put a word into him ?

just a thought.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Sitting at -4 just now-7 seems to be our peak. Still folk going about in shorts  :lol:

Shorts in the snow n ice , Posh drug money that is.... 

2 hours ago, George Cowie said:

Partick

I'm up for this.

Could the people who helped set-up the Inverness tickets not do something?  A virtual Hearts v Jags game on Feb 29th?

1 hour ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Yes to Partick virtual tickets or fundraiser...

Im not sure I’ve done the ICT ticket thing properly? I bought my ticket on their website. So, how will they now the exact amount that Hearts fans have bought?

Was/is there an option to buy them

on our website? And if not - why not?

I'm assuming they are guessing based on where you live. I live in England so I probably wasn't counted as a Hearts fan.

Adding to other posts, I'd be happy to give a tenner to Partick Thistle (and Stranraer) if something similar is set up.

Ticket signed by Jamie Hamill for the Stranraer virtual match? :whistling:

Edited by Stanley_

11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

This. We should take the burden off Robbo now. It’s going to take him an age to sign 6000 letters/tickets. Buy 2 x £5 tickets instead of 1x£10 and multiples thereof if you’re so minded

I totally disagree. Let's get Robbo tied up in signing letters to Hearts fans instead of wasting his time coaching his team to try and beat us.

Neverforgetfiveone
25 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

I'm assuming they are guessing based on where you live. I live in England so I probably wasn't counted as a Hearts fan.

Possibly, thanks for the response. Perhaps would have been better if HMFC had actually sold the tickets on our site as away fans? Anyway, most important thing is that ICT see the benefit 👍🏼

10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I think the ‘bad’ guys from last summer breaks into at least two separate groups. There were club chairmen who genuinely needed the cash last summer to keep their clubs afloat. No issue with the decision they took. I’d like to think Budge would always vote with Hearts interests front and centre. The other group(s) included the chairmen who actually physically damaged their clubs financially to vote us down (Hibs, Ross County), the chairmen who said they voted a specific way for ridiculous reasons ( not wanting to travel to Brora twice a season) and then there were the chairmen who seemed to revel in our situation, suggesting we take our medicine and rubbing their hands together at the opportunity to have the Hearts travelling support visit them this season (Raith, Ayr, Dundee, Alloa and Ross County again). 
I have no issue with the first group. I’d expect a chairman to act in best interests of his club. So far this season the only questionable ppv games have been Alloa away. I’ll put my hand up as having paid for the league game there because that’s what I do, watch Hearts. Think it was £12 of which £2 was vat. FoH benefitted the same day to the tune of £25, that’s money Hearts wouldn’t have had in normal times. Probably costs me about £40 to go an away game so for the usual amount I watched the game and Hearts benefitted financially. 

I get your point of view on some clubs just doing what was best for them, even if it wasn't in our best interests, but wasn't done through malice towards us as a club.  However, I don't differentiate between any of the clubs who made decisions that ultimately caused us harm, whatever their motives might have been.

In the same way that those clubs were free to make their own decisions, I and may thousands of other Hearts supporters are free to make our own decisions as to where we spend our money, and decide which clubs benefit and which clubs lose out.  As far as this season is concerned, ICT will be the only club that benefits from me financially, if some fans are happy to give money to other clubs, then that is their choice.  I might not agree with their choice, but I respect their right to make that choice and attempt to justify it.  

Guest ToqueJambo
11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I think the ‘bad’ guys from last summer breaks into at least two separate groups. There were club chairmen who genuinely needed the cash last summer to keep their clubs afloat. No issue with the decision they took. I’d like to think Budge would always vote with Hearts interests front and centre. The other group(s) included the chairmen who actually physically damaged their clubs financially to vote us down (Hibs, Ross County), the chairmen who said they voted a specific way for ridiculous reasons ( not wanting to travel to Brora twice a season) and then there were the chairmen who seemed to revel in our situation, suggesting we take our medicine and rubbing their hands together at the opportunity to have the Hearts travelling support visit them this season (Raith, Ayr, Dundee, Alloa and Ross County again). 
I have no issue with the first group. I’d expect a chairman to act in best interests of his club. So far this season the only questionable ppv games have been Alloa away. I’ll put my hand up as having paid for the league game there because that’s what I do, watch Hearts. Think it was £12 of which £2 was vat. FoH benefitted the same day to the tune of £25, that’s money Hearts wouldn’t have had in normal times. Probably costs me about £40 to go an away game so for the usual amount I watched the game and Hearts benefitted financially. 

The money stuff was all Doncaster fear-mongering though. If they fell for that more fool them.

Read the statements of the likes of Edinburgh City and East Fife. They took the "do no harm" approach despite neither being rich clubs and there was nothing stopping the other clubs doing that.

9 hours ago, ericb said:

One of my personal faves from the seethe, this time on the subject of James Anderson..... (who gave them 50K).

"Andersons not a Jambo either. He just happens to be a very wealthy man with money to burn, who's got in tow with Budgie. He's an entrepreneur who has a charitable side that's all - never ever a Jambo."

I'd love it if we could find a few more 'never ever a Jambo' types who were prepared to pump millions into our club.  Imagine if we actually found one who as a Jambo, how much would they pump in to Hearts?

And why is the wealthy individual non-Hearts supporter James Anderson not pumping any money into Hibs?  Other than the £50k he gave to all clubs, possibly more than the wealthy individual 'never a Hibee' who currently owns the vermin has ever put into his own club. 

Das Viertel Hearts
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh I agree, put into a league that was doomed from the start!!

shameful what happened to Partick

I would be up for buying a virtual ticket for them.

Yes indeed, supporting the the 2 Thistles for a long while as they stood tall and reached out - against the tide - and supported us when we were at our very, very lowest ebb !!! : )