Hearts bond with Inverness to get stronger - virtual tickets v Hearts

eck1874

11 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Jesus, I'm in bits here. 

My 13 year old daughter has just given me £10 of her weekly pocket money back and made me, and I mean MADE me, buy her a ticket.  She was waiting till she got her weekly money from me so that she could make the sacrifice from her own pocket.  Her words?  That'll ram it right up the GFA.

Pride doesn't quite cover what I'm feeling right now.

It'll be tough to beat this post.

Ask your daughter to please say ram it up Francis Albert and I'll buy another ticket 😀😀

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

• Weakened Offender

13 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Jesus, I'm in bits here. 

My 13 year old daughter has just given me £10 of her weekly pocket money back and made me, and I mean MADE me, buy her a ticket.  She was waiting till she got her weekly money from me so that she could make the sacrifice from her own pocket.  Her words?  That'll ram it right up the GFA.

Stop it, you've got me going😢

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Ask your daughter to please say ram it up Francis Albert and I'll buy another ticket 😀😀

:rofl:

39 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

And ro celebrate my philanthropy, I've just spent another £100 on beer orders from Stewart's, Fallen and Tempest Breweries.

No for some creative accounting to hide these facts from the wife......

Sounds like you're a real ale fan.

The Future's Maroon
6 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

Amazing, 👍 I'll purchase another one before the game, 

I think the week leading up to game a few thousand more will be bought

Neil Dongcaster
26 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Jesus, I'm in bits here. 

This didn’t happen.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

27 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Jesus, I'm in bits here. 

PHL

28 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Jesus, I'm in bits here. 

Wonderful, just wonderful.

I'm going to have to dive in and get one in my daughter's name now!

She probably won't make the same sacrifice but this one will be on me. You have to stay onside with the kids, after all they'll be picking my care home one day and I want a decent one!

58 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

And ro celebrate my philanthropy, I've just spent another £100 on beer orders from Stewart's, Fallen and Tempest Breweries.

👍

beer.jpg

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Do you think it happened?

Aye, why not. Thirteen year olds often look up to their parents and follow their lead. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👍

beer.jpg

Hiding the beer is easy, the shed can be used for that.  Hiding the outlay to buy the beers?  Slightly more problematic but I figured better to ask forgiveness than permission.

4 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Do you think it happened?

And, pray tell, why do you think my little girl didn't do this?  Are you just a born cynic?

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

False. Nice deflection though. If it did happen then good for you. I just find it hard to believe.

See how easy it is to post false shite and get people back up?  You're a past master of it on this site so I repeat, jog on.

Have to agree, for me this is about a big single middle digit to the other Chairmen in the league who thought the maroon pound was too good an opportunity to turn down. At every turn they have sought to thwart us. Even the 3 subs over 5 was aimed squarely at us.

When we get to Friday 26th February, after the final total has been calculated, can we organise a virtual version of the late, great Jim Bowen to turn up on the various twitter accounts and announce to the likes of Rat Rovers and Morton, ...' Here's what you could have won!'

I'd pay good money to see the reaction of the likes of Bill Clark given his '..now is not the right time mantra.'

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

What Stewarts did you get? I've never had a bad one from them really but they can be quite hard to find up here. 

Would kill for a pint of Edinburgh Gold. Fantastic. 

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Hiding the beer is easy, the shed can be used for that.  Hiding the outlay to buy the beers?  Slightly more problematic but I figured better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Amen to that!👍

Just now, indianajones said:

What Stewarts did you get? I've never had a bad one from them really but they can be quite hard to find up here. 

6 each of Edinburgh Gold, Hollyrood, Radical Road and First World Problems.

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

See how easy it is to post false shite and get people back up?  You're a past master of it on this site so I repeat, jog on.

I guess it would be very easy for you just to post proof of the 11 purchases complete with the times. 

I’m happy to prove I’m a hearts fan, and if you prove me wrong about the 11 purchased £10 tickets with times prior to my post then I’ll never post on here again.

:interehjrling:

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I guess it would be very easy for you just to post proof of the 11 purchases complete with the times. 

I’m happy to prove I’m a hearts fan, and if you prove me wrong about the 11 purchased £10 tickets with times prior to my post then I’ll never post on here again.

You’d be missed Neil. Please think of another forfeit.  

7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Stewart's are selling 5 liter mini kegs of Edinburgh Gold for £20 on their website if you're interested.

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Stewart's are selling 5 liter mini kegs of Edinburgh Gold for £20 on their website if you're interested.

I am very but trying to watch the calorie intake just now. I think beer was my biggest problem. 

44 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Jesus, I'm in bits here. 

Oh man! What a Jambo! You've raised her well... maybe you can convince to buy the beer... or at least take the blame? 🙄

Just now, indianajones said:

I am very but trying to watch the calorie intake just now. I think beer was my biggest problem. 

I hear that but it's not just beer that's a problem.  Boredom eating is not helping at all. 

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Oh man! What a Jambo! You've raised her well... maybe you can convince to buy the beer... or at least take the blame? 🙄

Hahaha!!  I wish but I suspect if the wife might rip my nuts off if she thought I'd gotten my 13 year old to buy the beers!!

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

I hear that but it's not just beer that's a problem.  Boredom eating is not helping at all. 

100%.

Cannot wait to get out and about again. The miles walked between my computer chair and fridge since lockdown last year must be staggering. 

43 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

100%.

Cannot wait to get out and about again. The miles walked between my computer chair and fridge since lockdown last year must be staggering. 

Yeah, I think I'll need to buy a new carpet for my living room as I've just about worn a path in it from my table to the kitchen.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Jesus, I'm in bits here. 

Best post on here for long enough.

Mid Calder Jambo
22 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

6 each of Edinburgh Gold, Hollyrood, Radical Road and First World Problems.

I am an 80 Bob. St Giles and Cauld Reekie fan. Could do with heading down to Loanhead to stock up.

2 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Best post on here for long enough.

Cheers MCJ.  She's Hearts daft and has a heart of gold.  She already realises that even this little bit of money can maybe go to help keep someone in their job.

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I am an 80 Bob. St Giles and Cauld Reekie fan. Could do with heading down to Loanhead to stock up.

Love all of them to be honest.  My current favourite is Cross Borders Heavy.  I 1st tasted that in April last year and it's amazing.  Stewart's 80' is right up there as well though.

37 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Until the next reincarnation.

zombie.jpg

8 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Love all of them to be honest.  My current favourite is Cross Borders Heavy.  I 1st tasted that in April last year and it's amazing.  Stewart's 80' is right up there as well though.

Looking forward to my chilled tins of Innis & Gunn watching the footie tonight... gotta say, I'm quite enjoying Friday night football on the telly!

Missing my Deuchars IPA at the local though! Would kill for one of those bad boys!

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Looking forward to my chilled tins of Innis & Gunn watching the footie tonight... gotta say, I'm quite enjoying Friday night football on the telly!

Missing my Deuchars IPA at the local though! Would kill for one of those bad boys!

Yeah, Deuchars cask is amazing, not so good from tins or bottles though.

Mid Calder Jambo
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Can't disagree with those sentiments.

15 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Birthday night as well.  G&Ts on the terrace,Indian take away and a crate of chilled Mahou red. Bring it on!!!!

56 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Totally agree.  I've piled on weight since lockdown and as much as I have always had a drink, I have been drinking far more beer than usual.

4 Bottles of Hoegarden is about 600 Calories.  That's the same as a Burger King Whopper.

Edited by Lovecraft

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Birthday night as well.  G&Ts on the terrace,Indian take away and a crate of chilled Mahou red. Bring it on!!!!

Happy birthday! G & Ts eh? Have you tried ROKU Japanese gin? Very nice... emptied a couple of them during lockdown... serve with a Clementine Fever Tree Tonic. 👌

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Totally agree.  I've piled on weight since lockdown and as much as I have always had a drink, I have been drinking far more beer than usual.

4 Bottles of Hoegarden is about 600 Calories.  That's the same as a Burger King Whopper.

Hoegarden! First time I tried that was in the Golden Rule out of a frosted glass! Think I was about 18 at the time! magic!