Hearts bond with Inverness to get stronger - virtual tickets v Hearts

eck1874

19 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Have now got my 2 tickets. 

For me, it has nothing to do with ICT donating money in 2013 although of course I am extremely grateful to them for that - I think there were other clubs that did so (St Johnstone rings a bell). It has nothing to do with Robbo's signature or opinions of Hibs fans - who are to be laughed at and ridiculed, as usual. 

It is all to do with how we were treated last summer for me. Thinking about everything that went on still angers me and I've no doubt it will go away in time but it is still very fresh in the memory. So is my memory of Scott Gardner's radio appearance and the conduct of his club. 

There would have been a group of us going to Inverness for the weekend when the match was on - this would have been our only away game of the season. As it is, it seems that going by the comments of Scott Gardner they will actually be making more money this way then they would have with a packed out away end. 

I've no doubt that the Inverness record attendance will be broken with this scheme. Give Hearts fans a cause to fight for and we will do so - this has been proved time and time again. When it comes to backing the club and associated causes we put our money where our mouths are. I think that explains the jealousy of other clubs who are not so quick to back their own club. 

In a nutshell. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rogue Daddy

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

• Weakened Offender

9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The problem with the Sun is that, in context  they are referring back to 2013  which is true enough.  There is, however, no mention of the fact they supported us last year.

Right enough... it’s funny, ask anyone on here why they bought and their first reason will be in reference to last year (it is for me anyway... completely forgot that they helped us out in ‘13)and, of course, it’s Robbo. 
Im pretty sure any chairmen reading that will know what AB meant with’long memories’ even if the ‘journos’ choose not to. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The problem with the Sun is that, in context  they are referring back to 2013  which is true enough.  There is, however, no mention of the fact they supported us last year.

The official club stance is referring back to 2013, they still need to have dialogue with other clubs, and in the future may need their support, perhaps for a vote. AB knows the real reason the sales are so strong and I suspect will be delighted.

As fans we have not got the same tightrope to walk, so can tell it as it is.

3 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

The official club stance is referring back to 2013, they still need to have dialogue with other clubs, and in the future may need their support, perhaps for a vote. AB knows the real reason the sales are so strong and I suspect will be delighted.

In no way critising AB.  Just "poor" or "selective amnesia" journalism.

1 minute ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Correct... but it’s saying things like ‘long memories’ where she can mean a couple of things without actually saying what she really means IMO. The chairmen will know what she means... it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. 
Last year she also said ‘we’ve lost the battle but not the war’... as a fan, she feels the same as us and , as you say, knows the real reason sales are so high. 

Just now, colinmaroon said:

In no way critising AB.  Just "poor" or "selective amnesia" journalism.

Not in Scotland surely!  :sarcasm:

SectionDJambo
50 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Maybe because the Scottish sports media, generally, were all for the demotions that the 3 clubs suffered. There were few dissenting voices. It was all ok because there had to be winners and losers, even during a pandemic. They all gave plenty of exposure to the chairmen of clubs who revelled in the misfortune of others, to their benefit.

Ticket 8244 Just purchased. after reading that the vermin are in total disarray it just had to be done lol.

Best 2nd purchase ever made.... 

Edited by chrisyboy7

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

I'm in the same boat as you, supporting the ICT virtual ticket initiative has nothing to do with their generous gesture in 2013, as much as it is appreciated. For me it's entirely due to the fact that they are the only Championship club who voted against calling the leagues.  That and perhaps the fact that their manager is a Hearts legend.

I'm also in the same boat in that the only away game I would have considered attending this season would have been Inverness, and I'm more than happy to chuck some money towards them in the way of virtual tickets.  

No doubt for me about the driver for this and it’s all about what happened in the summer. I had actually forgotten about 2013 so it wasn’t a factor for me. I’m supporting ICT for standing up to this nonsense and at the same time sending a message to every other club chairman that stabbed us.

The Robbo factor no doubt helps a lot. Didn’t particularly attract me to get his signature on a ticket/letter as all my treasured memories of the man are stored in my head (I get them out now and again)So I Just bought the £5 ones and I’ll probably buy more on mid month pay day.

Watched Aaron's interview with Robbo last night.

I was lucky enough to see Robbo and Colquhoun as team mates, but can you imagine a Hearts team with Robbo, Colquhoun, and Skacel playing together? Ooft  :wub:

With such an impressive number bought so far, is it not now time to realise that to ask Robbo to sign so many is unrealistic?  Additionally that will be a massive postage charge.

I would be quite happy to receive my letter by e-mail.

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

With such an impressive number bought so far, is it not now time to realise that to ask Robbo to sign so many is unrealistic?  Additionally that will be a massive postage charge.

This. We should take the burden off Robbo now. It’s going to take him an age to sign 6000 letters/tickets. Buy 2 x £5 tickets instead of 1x£10 and multiples thereof if you’re so minded

13 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

I agree this is not feasible for Robbo, the intent was fantastic but I think it's time just to send the tickets out with a photocopy of a signed letter

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This. We should take the burden off Robbo now. It’s going to take him an age to sign 6000 letters/tickets. Buy 2 x £5 tickets instead of 1x£10 and multiples thereof if you’re so minded

@Pasquale for King Jimmy is telling us what to do. 

:lol: 

Guess The Crowd
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

........ they call him the STREAK

Fastest thing on two feet
He's just as proud as he can be
Of his anatomy
He goin' give us a peek

I said, "Don't look, Ethel!"
But it was too late.

HHGH ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Brilliant. Didn't have nothing on but a smile!

I think he should only sign so many. It will be then the luck of the draw. Would the ticket more valuable to those of us who are lucky enough to have received it.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

The sad thing is that some 'Hearts Fans' still pay the shit like Raith, Alloa and Morton for PPV. I just don't get it after the summer's events.

I got criticism for calling them traitors. 

Probably a bit strong but to me they are spineless. All talk, no action.

Anyway, I don't want to derail what is a classic thread, showing what wonderful supporters we have.

+1 for this view point 👍

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The sad thing is that some 'Hearts Fans' still pay the shit like Raith, Alloa and Morton for PPV. I just don't get it after the summer's events.

Anyway, I don't want to derail what is a classic thread, showing what wonderful supporters we have.

I think the ‘bad’ guys from last summer breaks into at least two separate groups. There were club chairmen who genuinely needed the cash last summer to keep their clubs afloat. No issue with the decision they took. I’d like to think Budge would always vote with Hearts interests front and centre. The other group(s) included the chairmen who actually physically damaged their clubs financially to vote us down (Hibs, Ross County), the chairmen who said they voted a specific way for ridiculous reasons ( not wanting to travel to Brora twice a season) and then there were the chairmen who seemed to revel in our situation, suggesting we take our medicine and rubbing their hands together at the opportunity to have the Hearts travelling support visit them this season (Raith, Ayr, Dundee, Alloa and Ross County again). 
I have no issue with the first group. I’d expect a chairman to act in best interests of his club. So far this season the only questionable ppv games have been Alloa away. I’ll put my hand up as having paid for the league game there because that’s what I do, watch Hearts. Think it was £12 of which £2 was vat. FoH benefitted the same day to the tune of £25, that’s money Hearts wouldn’t have had in normal times. Probably costs me about £40 to go an away game so for the usual amount I watched the game and Hearts benefitted financially. 

45 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hush. Their game tonight is off so he has a spare couple of hours.

😁😉

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Hush. Their game tonight is off so he has a spare couple of hours.

😁😉

20 per minute if he’s quick. 1200 per hour. 4 hours to do nearly 5000. 5 hours to allow for comfort breaks etc . should all be in the post by the morning 😊

On 08/02/2021 at 03:07, Boof said:

Just a thought...if you're not overly fussed about Robbo's signature  but still want to chuck in a tenner, you'd possibly have more impact buying 2x £5 tickets so that it saves ICT postage, protects Robbo's hand from further damage and gives 2 virtual bums on virtual seats.

*cough* 

50 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

As someone else has said - if he keeps him away from training sessions it could be win-win for us :lol: 

scott herbertson
56 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

In my old job I occasionally had to sign letters to groups of residents or organisations. I remember doing about 200 one day and it was no fun. 6,000's going to be a nightmare.

Having said that ICT can't say he hasn't earned his salary this year, so maybe a wee bonus as an incentive - perhaps the Federation or Foundation could think of some way top coordinate some sort of gift ( a specially designed arm sling....!)

11 hours ago, 22games nro said:

“Will it flatten out? I’m sure it will. But we have had a guy from Vermont buy one, one from Florida, two from Melbourne, four from Sydney and Perth in Australia.

Looks like @Geoff Kilpatrick bought a couple👍

“Ryan Esson said to John, ‘I’ll learn your signature for a payment!’.

“John said, ‘No, I’m football royalty  — nobody signs my name!’.

:robboyas:

Edited by Tommy Brown

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The seethe from other clubs fans about this is both weird and a thing of beauty. 
We really get under some supporters skins 🥰

Where could one see this seethe? I'd enjoy seeing some if you can point me in the right direction. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, pablo said:

Where could one see this seethe? I'd enjoy seeing some if you can point me in the right direction. 

Pretty much any Hearts related post on FB or Twitter etc. Evening news etc. Bitter ain’t the word :lol: 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Pretty much any Hearts related post on FB or Twitter etc. Evening news etc. Bitter ain’t the word :lol: 

I'll go see what I can find. We don't half get under other team's skin sometimes. It's got to be up there with the best aspects of following Hearts.

jack D and coke
Just now, pablo said:

I'll go see what I can find. We don't half get under other team's skin sometimes. It's got to be up there with the best aspects of following Hearts.

I have to admit I enjoy that myself🥰

8 minutes ago, pablo said:

One of my personal faves from the seethe, this time on the subject of James Anderson..... (who gave them 50K).

"Andersons not a Jambo either. He just happens to be a very wealthy man with money to burn, who's got in tow with Budgie. He's an entrepreneur who has a charitable side that's all - never ever a Jambo."

the sub goalie
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Whilst I made the decision that only Inverness would see my money this season and I have boycotted all away streams, it is not quite a clear cut as being 'spineless' in purchasing streams.

We are all going through tough times just now and mental health is an issue for a lot of people, watching Hearts each week is a release for a lot of people.  Not just watching the game but being able to engage with fellow fans on platforms like this.

I certainly won't criticise any supporter for watching their team, whilst I won't be giving the teams a penny, it's an individual choice.

Anyway, I'm delighted with the uptake and the bonus is it is a massive 2 fingers to the clubs that lacked any sporting integrity.  As for Robbo, one word, LEGEND!

Das Viertel Hearts

Looking forward to receiving my signed ticket - instantly frameable !!!

Great idea by Inverness !!!  : ) 

The White Cockade

Judging by the weather Robbo will have plenty of time to sign the tickets before it’s played 

Anyway it’s a great idea and look forward to receiving mine 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Whilst I made the decision that only Inverness would see my money this season and I have boycotted all away streams, it is not quite a clear cut as being 'spineless' in purchasing streams.

We are all going through tough times just now and mental health is an issue for a lot of people, watching Hearts each week is a release for a lot of people.  

Add using the term 'SCABS'  and threatening to photograph supporters visiting away stadiums whenever that's possible to the claim that folk buying streams from certain clubs are spineless. Cringeworthy behaviour from Internet nobodies.

Mouthpieces. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

While I agree with you about not feeding those that did us down I also respect that for some folks it'll be a massive wrench not to watch our team play when there is a facility to do so. I remember making a promise to my mum back when I used to go home and away to help her one Saturday and missed out on us giving St Mirren a 6-0 shellacking in Paisley - I may have forgiven her but I haven't forgotten it and to this day I regret not having been there.

2 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I think he should only sign so many. It will be then the luck of the draw. Would the ticket more valuable to those of us who are lucky enough to have received it.

Haha

I think he should stop signing after he signs mine. It will make mine more valuable.

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Add using the term 'SCABS'  and threatening to photograph supporters visiting away stadiums whenever that's possible to the claim that folk buying streams from certain clubs are spineless. Cringeworthy behaviour from Internet nobodies.

Mouthpieces. 

Couldn’t agree more. You can support a boycott and respect other people’s decision not to. When it stops being a debate or good natured banter and becomes something more sinister it’s very disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Looking forward to learning from ICT how much has been raised to date.  And I trust this income isn't subject to tax.

Presumably it is subject to tax!

3 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Presumably it is subject to tax!

I believe not, as its a donation, could be wrong. Similar to FoH money not taxable.

Edited by ericb

5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

While I agree with you about not feeding those that did us down I also respect that for some folks it'll be a massive wrench not to watch our team play when there is a facility to do so. I remember making a promise to my mum back when I used to go home and away to help her one Saturday and missed out on us giving St Mirren a 6-0 shellacking in Paisley - I may have forgiven her but I haven't forgotten it and to this day I regret not having been there.

I was there for you!

😇