Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Stendel came in midway through a season where games were ongoing, had to get to know the players/club. 

Neilson came in with a full extended pre season to sort things out, and into a league/club and players he knew about.

And he has us winning and top of the league, what's your point? 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Bad Religion

That was abysmal last night, not really sure how SRB or anyone can argue otherwise. Team of overpaid journeymen.  No tactics, no quality. An embarrassment. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Gambo said:

As I've said in a reply to someone else, Stendel came in when games were ongoing in a level above this tin pot league. A new country/players/league for him.

Neilson came in to a club, country, set up, league he knew and had an extended pre season to build a team. Neilson wanted Lee, Berra, Wighton. If Stendel could manage to ship the last 2 out on loan I'm sure Neilson could have managed the same if he wanted to.

Stendel and Neilson were not dealt the same hand.

This IS Neilsons team.

Yes it IS Neilsons cobbled together coronavirus championship team. Absolutely is. And we all knew how tough the job was going to be for him. As long as the job gets done, if we win the next 7 or 8 games out of the next 10 fixtures as we have from the first 10, we will be 10 points clear and the job as good as done. The real major window is summer when we’ve got all these remaining guys out of contract

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I liked Clare and Bozanic as they were honest pros. Not great but decent enough. Uche was infuriating and not good enough at the level we wanted to be at. The level we are at though (championship) all 3 would have been a vast improvement on what we saw last night.

I know what you mean about Uche. You got games like against Celtic where their centre backs from that day are still having nightmares about him then you get games where he was like bambi on ice and kept falling over.

I still look at the cup semi against ICT at Hampden and know if we still had him, games like last night wouldn’t have happened. We would have had an outlet for the ball and their centre backs would have been bullied and not had a minutes peace

5 hours ago, Blair_HMFC said:

What’s embarrassing is Hearts fans defending a defeat against Dundee because we will still win the league; Dundee, who have one capped international player compared to our 6 or 7.... It was a shambolic performance and I genuinely feel sorry for Craig Gordon playing behind these clowns. Other than Adam there shouldn’t be one player who could get into the Hearts team (or even close, Jack Hamilton FFS!!!), and if you think there is, then that’s a bigger problem at where the club is at... if you agree we have better players; then it’s a problem in mentality in how the coaches and players have approached this game against potential title challengers...

I’m so, so tired of reading fans that belittle others because they feel it’s not good enough to lose games like this, it’s 100%  not.... I genuinely wonder what they seek in being a Hearts fan, cannot be championship football? This is the same team that went toe to toe with Celtic last week... Ive said for a while there is a mentality issue in the club. It started with Levein but has been present for a long time hence why we are in this situation - we have no leaders in the flat moments & it might be deeper than that with how the club is ran from the top... From the first minute we were not up for it and the better team won.

Heart of Midlothian should be winning every game in this league.

Very fair summary. This is where I am with the situation. Whilst it's very difficult to go undefeated the whole season the resources we have should have not made it unrealistic. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

As I've said in a reply to someone else, Stendel came in when games were ongoing in a level above this tin pot league. A new country/players/league for him.

Neilson came in to a club, country, set up, league he knew and had an extended pre season to build a team. Neilson wanted Lee, Berra, Wighton. If Stendel could manage to ship the last 2 out on loan I'm sure Neilson could have managed the same if he wanted to.

Stendel and Neilson were not dealt the same hand.

This IS Neilsons team.

The guys you mention are all under contract and we need them to do a job this season. 

We will see this summer who RN wants. 

A covid transfer window on the championship is hardly ideal to build a team. 

Also, whether it is his team or not, we are top and getting the job done, so the team is adequate for it's purpose. 

Stendel never got the job done, he actually made us worse taken 11th to 12th. He done the impossible, actually made us worse than under CL.  Won't sit well with the Stendel Fan club, but that is what he did. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Being top of the league and promotion is what counts. 

That is Robbies job and remit. 

He's doing that, that's not a defence, it's a fact. 

We will also get beat, I said at the start of the season around 4/5 defeats is likley, I'll stick with that. 

We'll also win the league, easily and we are actually winning it quite comfortably atm. 

Defeat at dens and East end is shite, but it won't be the only defeats of the season. 

Football isn't played on a spreadsheet, I expected us to compete with rangers and celtic at home despite a fraction of the budget. I also expect Dundee to give us a game, particularly away using the same logic. 

I expect defeats but to go out there and not even compete in some of these games is an issue with the set up and the manager.

We’re 5 points ahead. Hardly comfortable especially when our nearest rivals are coming to town next week and we have 3 tricky away games coming up in next month

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

That was abysmal last night, not really sure how SRB or anyone can argue otherwise. Team of overpaid journeymen.  No tactics, no quality. An embarrassment. 

Several times I've said it was shite. 

The argument is that after that result- the answer is not to sack Budge and RN and all the players bar 2 or 3.😂😂😂

Not one person is saying last night's result or performance was good. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, merseyjambo said:

I expect defeats but to go out there and not even compete in some of these games is an issue with the set up and the manager.

We’re 5 points ahead. Hardly comfortable especially when our nearest rivals are coming to town next week and we have 3 tricky away games coming up in next month

It's comfortable, 5 ahead, game in hand and our nearest rivals come to Tynecastle next. 

It won't matter about tricky away games, because the other clubs have them as well, and we'll win far more games ( like we have already) than them. 

But we will get beat again. 

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Several times I've said it was shite. 

The argument is that after that result- the answer is not to sack Budge and RN and all the players bar 2 or 3.😂😂😂

Not one person is saying last night's result or performance was good. 

When are we going to start to see signs of progress? A few passes being strung together. Players that look as though they know what they are doing. Players that can hold the ball, control the game, create chances etc. 

You will somehow argue we have that. I’m not seeing it. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bad Religion said:

When are we going to start to see signs of progress? A few passes being strung together. Players that look as though they know what they are doing. Players that can hold the ball, control the game, create chances etc. 

You will somehow argue we have that. I’m not seeing it. 

So we are doing none of that but are top the league? 

The guys you mention are all under contract and we need them to do a job this season. 

Also, whether it is his team or not, we are top and getting the job done, so the team is adequate for it's purpose. 

Stendel never got the job done, he actually made us worse taken 11th to 12th. He done the impossible, actually made us worse than under CL.  Won't sit well with the Stendel

Fan club, but that is what he did. 

Stendel has a fan club because he was actually trying to achieve something. Was the position we were in and the timing the right time for us to try that? No, it should have been done at the end of the previous season, but once we did it we should have committed to it. He made us worse by trying to make us long term better. A season in the championship with him would hopefully have seen us go back up with a better understanding of how he wanted us to play, with players used to it and able to hit the ground running. Stendel actually managed to make some of our players who had been poor, quite good. Levein and Neilson never make any player seem better than they are. There is a ceiling to where being 'hard' to beat can get you, under Neilson we'll never finish higher than 5th in the Premiership and it won't be pleasant to watch. He has no strategy, no game plan and no way of motivating players to achieve more as a collective than individuals. I'm sure you'll disagree, and I'm keen to listen to what Neilson's game plan is? Are we a possession team, a counter attack team, a quick passing team? All I see is aimless punts and hoping for the ball breaking kindly, given it's not the 80s anymore, that will only take us so far.

I’m just glad we conserved our energy in that 2nd half v Arbroath recently as we were told by a few on here that we’d be saving it for the bigger games like last night! Imagine how we’d have performed if we hadn’t had that relaxing 2nd half.

It's comfortable, 5 ahead, game in hand and our nearest rivals come to Tynecastle next. 

It won't matter about tricky away games, because the other clubs have them as well, and we'll win far more games ( like we have already) than them. 

But we will get beat again. 

No game in hand after Dunfermline game was off yesterday. Get your facts right first

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s a lot of emojis to be using Ethan. Most of his signings are good enough to get us promoted imo. 

Good enough to get us promoted but not good enough for the Premiership?

If he doesn’t get some pace and tenacity into that side soon it’ll get worse. Our players need far too much time on the ball and can’t quickly break out if defence and attack, making us ideal victims for any team who want to press us high up the park. 

45 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Smith you really need to stop trying to defend the club and RN.

No one expects Hearts to go out and win every game but what the fans do expect is them to go out and compete yet in 3 of 5 away games we look like we’re not ar$ed and have expected to turn up and win.

These are against teams with a fraction of our budget and fraction of our quality yet they have gone out there and given us a footballing lesson.

Spot on!! 
it’s the total lack of effort/hunger that’s the most annoying thing for me.

Ex member of the SaS

Robbie stated after the last game he was disappointed in the application and effort. I don't know what is wrong with these players but this is a serious issue. Is it training or tactics? Certainly from a tactics point of view we should be playing two up front and getting stuck in. Robbie first time round went gung ho and we walked this league with Sevco and Hibs in it. This time he seems to have inherited Levein's play not to lose ideas. THIS MUST CHANGE.

As for the ref, he didn't lose us the game but he did play a big part. Our players were fouled and jumped on all game for no foul. Adam should have had two yellows and THAT tackle was a straight red no matter when in the game.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Good enough to get us promoted but not good enough for the Premiership?

It’s the wide players he’s signed that are the biggest failures. Sort that and it’ll go a long way to making us better.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Stendel has a fan club because he was actually trying to achieve something. Was the position we were in and the timing the right time for us to try that? No, it should have been done at the end of the previous season, but once we did it we should have committed to it. He made us worse by trying to make us long term better. A season in the championship with him would hopefully have seen us go back up with a better understanding of how he wanted us to play, with players used to it and able to hit the ground running. Stendel actually managed to make some of our players who had been poor, quite good. Levein and Neilson never make any player seem better than they are. There is a ceiling to where being 'hard' to beat can get you, under Neilson we'll never finish higher than 5th in the Premiership and it won't be pleasant to watch. He has no strategy, no game plan and no way of motivating players to achieve more as a collective than individuals. I'm sure you'll disagree, and I'm keen to listen to what Neilson's game plan is? Are we a possession team, a counter attack team, a quick passing team? All I see is aimless punts and hoping for the ball breaking kindly, given it's not the 80s anymore, that will only take us so far.

Every manager tries to achieve something, but like cathro and CL, Stendel failed in his short time here. 

I agree reference longer term, but we'll never know, partly due to him being unable to hold on to 2nd bottom. That is all he had to do. He failed. 

Under RN we actually did finish higher than 5th....

"We'll never finish higher than 5th under Neilson" .... apart from the time we actually did. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😭😭

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

No game in hand after Dunfermline game was off yesterday. Get your facts right first

:lol:

Just now, GinRummy said:

If he doesn’t get some pace and tenacity into that side soon it’ll get worse. Our players need far too much time on the ball and can’t quickly break out if defence and attack, making us ideal victims for any team who want to press us high up the park. 

We are just the best of a bad bunch, despite the managers attempts to bring us down to other teams levels by his negative formations and tactics.

Bad Religion

So we are doing none of that but are top the league? 

You know full well why we are top of the league. 

I don’t expect us to win every game however the lack of progress is depressing. We aren’t displaying any of the characteristics of a decent football team. 

Every manager tries to achieve something, but like cathro and CL, Stendel failed in his short time here. 

I agree reference longer term, but we'll never know, partly due to him being unable to hold on to 2nd bottom. That is all he had to do. He failed. 

Under RN we actually did finish higher than 5th....

"We'll never finish higher than 5th under Neilson" .... apart from the time we actually did. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😭😭

You know that I'm using we'll as short for we will? As in it's looking forward? I know you like to cling onto the past, but that's not what I'm talking about here. When Neilson managed that it was still a severely weakened Premiership.

What's his style of play then? What's Neilson's strategy when we step out onto the pitch? I see you've instead chosen to make a wisecrack based on a shaky ability to read rather than actually answer the question.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

We are just the best of a bad bunch, despite the managers attempts to bring us down to other teams levels by his negative formations and tactics.

Two  of our biggest problems over the last two seasons is the lack of a proper dynamo in midfield and the lack of pace all over the side. Tactics aside, those are still two huge problems. We must get the right type of players in this window. As an example anybody can see the difference Ginelly makes. An average winger but the type of player we have lacked for years. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Robbie stated after the last game he was disappointed in the application and effort. I don't know what is wrong with these players but this is a serious issue. Is it training or tactics? Certainly from a tactics point of view we should be playing two up front and getting stuck in. Robbie first time round went gung ho and we walked this league with Sevco and Hibs in it. This time he seems to have inherited Levein's play not to lose ideas. THIS MUST CHANGE.

As for the ref, he didn't lose us the game but he did play a big part. Our players were fouled and jumped on all game for no foul. Adam should have had two yellows and THAT tackle was a straight red no matter when in the game.

Said above, it's a bad mix we have atm. 

We need these players to do a job for us but many are out of contract and know they need to find new employment. 

Robbie has to dangle the carrot for some of this lot knowing full well he's replacing them. 

Think Terry butcher syndrome when hibs got relegated. 

It's not great, you rely on the players that are leaving giving 100% and hope the guys that are staying can kick their arses and keep them motivated for the next 4/5 months. 

Yesterday iirc

From the starting 11 Berra, Haring, Lee, Irving, Wighton, Brandon, Kingsley could all be looking at thier futures and thinking it is elsewhere or worse, already know it is elsewhere. 

33 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Stendel came in midway through a season where games were ongoing, had to get to know the players/club. 

Neilson came in with a full extended pre season to sort things out, and into a league/club and players he knew about.

And Stendel couldn’t get his own staff in right away, he had to work with a bunch of back stabbers until he sussed out who he could trust.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s the wide players he’s signed that are the biggest failures. Sort that and it’ll go a long way to making us better.

Hopefully Savage will get our recruitment right because I certainly don’t trust Neilson to.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I was actually talking about Dundee, I think they'll be 2nd. 

5 clear with them coming to Tynecastle next tho, you'll Likley be spewing if we do beat them and go 8 clear tho. 

This month is huge for us as a club and Robbie as a manager.

If somehow we are not top after a tough run of games, then it will be very difficult for him.

On the flip side, win a few games and extend our lead then everything will be peachy 🙂

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel never got the job done, he actually made us worse taken 11th to 12th. He done the impossible, actually made us worse than under CL.  Won't sit well with the Stendel Fan club, but that is what he did. 

In the same way Levein actually made us worse than under Cathro.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hopefully Savage will get our recruitment right because I certainly don’t trust Neilson to.

Me neither. Was discussing on another thread his record in the last window. Sorted the keeper situation, ditto for left back, Halliday too similar to the rest of the midfield but at least he’s decent cover at LB, if Popescu is cover I suppose he’ll do. Our real problem is and was in the attacking positions. No striker, Ginelly injured all the time (not RN’s fault) and two absolute duffers on the wing. Think he needs help signing attack minded players. 

14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Spot on!! 
it’s the total lack of effort/hunger that’s the most annoying thing for me.

Exactly.  We were like rabbits caught in headlights in the first half and made to look third class by a team we hammered in the first game.  

We should be renamed Heart of Midlothian Strollers.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You know that I'm using we'll as short for we will? As in it's looking forward? I know you like to cling onto the past, but that's not what I'm talking about here. When Neilson managed that it was still a severely weakened Premiership.

What's his style of play then? What's Neilson's strategy when we step out onto the pitch? I see you've instead chosen to make a wisecrack based on a shaky ability to read rather than actually answer the question.

Eh? 

OK, I think we'll finish higher than 5th. 

I base this on RN past record and his  current ability to get consistent results with us, sprinkled with the fact we recently beat hibs who are 4th and drew with celtic who are 2nd in the top flight. I also expect a big turn around of players and RN to build a good, balanced squad in the summer ( covid and finances permitting). 

Style of play... 😂🤣

I don't know and I don't care but it has us top just now and last time had us 3rd, and  in about 2nd/3rd back in the day. 

I'll start with that style every day of the week. 

Is that a decent mix of lag and lead measures for you? 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

In the same way Levein actually made us worse than under Cathro.

Yeah, and he got sacked as manager, like cathro. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

5 clear with them coming to Tynecastle next tho, you'll Likley be spewing if we do beat them and go 8 clear tho. 

Why would are hearts fan be spewing if we beat dundee at home?   You have a perverse attitude towards Hearts fans.  How many times have you posted that you would love something to happen just to see the reaction on here?  You've been backing up the loser mentality at this club for years and you are saying another Hearys fan would be pissed off about us winning.  Weird.  

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You know full well why we are top of the league. 

I don’t expect us to win every game however the lack of progress is depressing. We aren’t displaying any of the characteristics of a decent football team. 

Beating hibs, drawing with celtic, being top of this pile? 

If this squad/coaches were in the Premiership this season , playing like we do, we would be near the foot of the table, again. 

10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Why exactly do you beef up a squad with out of contract garbage? More importantly how can you defend that?

Its not an exact science, in the market we are in and at the time our new manager came in there was very little on the market apart from out of contract garbage and so it has been proven to be true

You football manager brigade crease make up, we did well with Gordon and Kingsley not so well with Frear and Roberts, that's the reality of the market we were in at the time .

Bad Religion
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Beating hibs, drawing with celtic, being top of this pile? 

We are a dreadful football team and have been for years now. Stop trying to dress it up otherwise. 

The problem is effort full stop.

Never mind last night our last home game take out a 15 minute hot spell and we did nothing. 

What would your boss do if you only applied yourself to one sixth of your day at work? Last night it improved to half but again do only half your work at work what does your boss do?

It's as basic as this they need a size 10 applied with force and those who don't respond can get to......

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, David Black said:

If this squad/coaches were in the Premiership this season , playing like we do, we would be near the foot of the table, again. 

There is no possible scenario where this squad/ coaches would be in the premiership this season? This squad with these coaches only exist because we went down 

Eh? 

OK, I think we'll finish higher than 5th. 

I base this on RN past record and his  current ability to get consistent results with us, sprinkled with the fact we recently beat hibs who are 4th and drew with celtic who are 2nd in the top flight. I also expect a big turn around of players and RN to build a good, balanced squad in the summer ( covid and finances permitting). 

Style of play... 😂🤣

I don't know and I don't care but it has us top just now and last time had us 3rd, and  in about 2nd/3rd back in the day. 

I'll start with that style every day of the week. 

Is that a decent mix of lag and lead measures for you? 

Yes, it answers the question, albeit with the answer I expected. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Auldbenches said:

Why would are hearts fan be spewing if we beat dundee at home?   You have a perverse attitude towards Hearts fans.  How many times have you posted that you would love something to happen just to see the reaction on here?  You've been backing up the loser mentality at this club for years and you are saying another Hearys fan would be pissed off about us winning.  Weird.  

Because it means we'll be well clear and the RN haters will need to be quiet. 

These "fans" that dislike Robbie are in a weird position. When we do well under him, by default they are wrong and are only correct when we get beat. 

It's a weird position. 

Too many are als very quiet when we are winning but are like flys around shite on JKB after a defeat. 

As you say, it is weird these fans can't take joy in us doing well as it means acknowledgement of robbie and even Budge doing a good job. 

Weird does not cover it. 

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Says this coming from the man who wanted Hibs to win the cup.

Personally think Dunfermline are a little more consistent that Dundee so far this season. 

No I won’t be ‘spewing ‘.

We are a top flight club and should be competing with teams like Aberdeen for 3rd. We’re in the position we are thanks to piss poor management at board level

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, David Black said:

But we're not. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, and he got sacked as manager, like cathro. 

We held on to him far too long and let him do more damage 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Berra, Lee and Wighton were all in contract last season but we managed to ship them out.

11th to 12th, what a dramatic fall. The way you constsntly bang on about it you would think we fell from 5th to last.

Gordon

Stewart

Kingsley 

Popescu

Halliday

Frear

Roberts

Ginnelly

Most managers would be delighted to have been able to bring in 8 players this summer. Covid did not seem to stop him being supported by the club, add in him being able to bring his chosen assistants with him. 

Neilson has zero excuses for the shit performances away from home yet he trys to find them (all the refs fault last night).

Neison correctly got plaudits for getting us out the championship the last time as it included Rangers and Hibs, these teams have been replaced with the likes of Morton and Arbroath. He is struggling this year to get us looking anything like a football team on the road and that imo and many others, is mainly down to his tactics as opposed to the players at his disposal.

The team have shown were are a better team on the front foot yet he chooses to worry about the opposition and try to pass our way sideways into away games.

We will win this league at a canter, but his style of play and he way he approaches games worries me and many others moving forwards. We do not need to play that way away from home, no need whatsoever.

He imo is not learning from his mistakes this season. He is lucky there are no fans at games imo.

Unfortunately for him, coming back to the club was not going to give him a clean canvas, the fans all uite rightly expect to win this league at a canter but needed to see something in our play to give us hope going forwards, many have not seen that yet.

Stendel in his very short time gave us hope that things were changing at the club, Neilson in his time here has reversed that back to what it was like under Levein. Hopefully Savage can have a decent say/input.

Any manager of Hearts this season, with the support Neilson has had from the club, should have got us through this season with little grumble/concerns from the fans (we can accept defeats and knocks on the way as that's football) and had everyone looking forward to next season back in top flight. As many threads including this one on here prove (& on many other fans outlets out there), Neilson does not have that belief of the fans yet.

I think the fans have every right to be questioning Neilson right now.

He has time to change these views but will he change?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, merseyjambo said:

Says this coming from the man who wanted Hibs to win the cup.

Personally think Dunfermline are a little more consistent that Dundee so far this season. 

No I won’t be ‘spewing ‘.

We are a top flight club and should be competing with teams like Aberdeen for 3rd. We’re in the position we are thanks to piss poor management at board level

I never wanted hibs to win the cup. 

Unsure why that is relevant either. 

Time will tell. 

We all do, and it's not Robbies fault, in fact he's doing his best to reverse it. Being top and winning promotion is the start. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Me neither. Was discussing on another thread his record in the last window. Sorted the keeper situation, ditto for left back, Halliday too similar to the rest of the midfield but at least he’s decent cover at LB, if Popescu is cover I suppose he’ll do. Our real problem is and was in the attacking positions. No striker, Ginelly injured all the time (not RN’s fault) and two absolute duffers on the wing. Think he needs help signing attack minded players. 

Barring Lennon being a dick we’d have had Gordon back at Hearts last January. He was a stick on to be returning when his contract expired so it’s difficult to credit Neilson with his signing. Kingsley and Ginnelly are fine, the rest, meh!  Savage will need to earn his money in this window as we need to start building a squad for the Premiership. If we can get the right deals on some loan, with a view to buying, type players he’ll be doing well. There will be plenty out there who will improve us now, and are of the standard to compete in the Premiership. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )