Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Why exactly do you beef up a squad with out of contract garbage? More importantly how can you defend that?

Because money. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Your original post was exactly what I expected from you so neither of us are surprised. 

You expected my original post why? Oh, aye, because it’s true, hence your lack of surprise.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

You expected my original post why? Oh, aye, because it’s true, hence your lack of surprise.

It’s what I expected from a post of yours. That’s true.  

J.T.F.Robertson
54 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’d say 95% of us do realise this. It’s not exactly tricky to work out. 

One of two things will happen. Promotion and sacked by Christmas or no promotion and sacked by May. 

Dundee Utd fans were not bothered in the slightest that Robbie left, they were sick of negative performances in big games like tonight. 

I think we’ll win promotion easily and I agree that most of this squad will be emptied once we do. I just worry about what we’ll replace them with and that we end up in another cycle of clueless owners, clueless management and shit players on lucrative contracts. 

That cycle in my opinion is only going to end when we have a total clear out from the top down (but can we keep the benefactors please😀). 

Have arrived (finally) at the same conclusion. (other than the bit where we win promotion easily, that is)

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It’s what I expected from a post of yours. That’s true.  

Remember the female at work who told you you were over cautious. She was right as well.

Remember the female at work who told you you were over cautious. She was right as well.

Good memory. I’m hurt.   😄 

Nope, more about poor judgement I think.

2F118308-44A3-4C9E-AD53-38A205179222.jpeg

He had no money. 

It's really simple.

He had no money.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He had no money. 

It's really simple.

He had no money.

So Joel Skedd is correct then, RN is a pathological liar?

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So Joel Skedd is correct then, RN is a pathological liar?

Is he ? 

Make your point. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

What the F are you on about giving him a chance? 

It’s not like this is the first time we’ve seen this movie. 

He had us in 3rd in his first full season and in about 2nd last time..... 

You been sleeping since he left first time? 

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Is he ? 

Make your point. 

The point is you are saying he signed shite because he had no money, whereas, RN talked up the signings of Roberts and Frear, for example, as if they were exactly the type of player he wanted, and we needed. So he either lied, he has poor judgement, or maybe both.

I'm extremely disappointed with tonight's performance but I do.realise we are trying to get promoted on the cheap.

We have no money, no fans paying, tough times etc etc.

Having said that, I don't want to see.any more first halves like we had against Celtic and tonight

Edited by MrBones

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He had us in 3rd in his first full season and in about 2nd last time..... 

You been sleeping since he left first time? 

You done some amount of moaning on the match thread, yet are still steadfast in your defence of RN, much like you were with CL. That garlic bread must have worked wonders.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The point is you are saying he signed shite because he had no money, whereas, RN talked up the signings of Roberts and Frear, for example, as if they were exactly the type of player he wanted, and we needed. So he either lied, he has poor judgement, or maybe both.

Or maybe he didn’t want to demotivate players he had just signed. You could call that lying if you are that way inclined. 

I didn't say anything of the kind.

He didn't fancy the wingers at the time (his choice). He tried to sign  better - at a time the club is facing a £8 million projected loss. But you reckon money wasn't an issue and you still haven't said what your issue is. 

He didn't sign them ?

They were not what he wanted/needed ? 

What's your point ? 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Or maybe he didn’t to demotivate players he had just signed. You could call that lying if you are that way inclined. 

😂😂😂😂 So he’s put his reputation on the line by signing them in the first place and talking them up 😂😂😂😂 In which case I should have added he’s either a pathological liar or fecking stupid, neither option looks great to be honest.

😂😂😂😂 So he’s put his reputation on the line by signing them in the first place and talking them up 😂😂😂😂 In which case I should have added he’s either a pathological liar or fecking stupid, neither option looks great to be honest.

:facepalm:

What manager doesn’t talk up his signings? I’ve yet to hear any say ‘he’s average at best but it’s all we could get at this point’. 

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

unless Robbie takes the handbrake off away from from home he ain't gonna survive. Our away form in this crappy league is woeful and if we go up will probably get even worse. Setting up defensively tonight against a team that are useless in defence is unforgivable. Get on the front foot and Adam doesn't come into the game as was demonstrated in the 2nd half where he was shown up for what he is, a has been with no pace or stamina. Pathetic stuff.

He sets us up to be defensive against a team we have already put six past.  Madness.  We are sick of this negative attitude towards away games.  

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn't say anything of the kind.

He didn't fancy the wingers at the time (his choice). He tried to sign  better - at a time the club is facing a £8 million projected loss. But you reckon money wasn't an issue and you still haven't said what your issue is. 

He didn't sign them ?

They were not what he wanted/needed ? 

What's your point ? 

One of us has had a sherry too many tonight. On the grounds I don’t drink sherry I’m confident it must be you. I’ve made my point, pretty clearly.

One of us has had a sherry too many tonight. On the grounds I don’t drink sherry I’m confident it must be you. I’ve made my point, pretty clearly.

LOL. Aye, Robbie's reputation is in tatters.

Night. night.

What manager doesn’t talk up his signings? I’ve yet to hear any say ‘he’s average at best but it’s all we could get at this point’. 

Ok. Forget him talking them up. I’ll even concede it was about money. In which case answer me this, did he spend what little money we had wisely and get value for that little money?

52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think he'll get us promoted then get us in about the top of the league. 

3rd-5th in the first season , then we can build from there. 

So another 18 months and well will start to see us begin to build a team that's capable?  

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

LOL. Aye, Robbie's reputation is in tatters.

Night. night.

Roberts, Frear, Popescu, Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee, those will all be enhancing his reputation right enough.

Abiola Dauda

****ing hell. We were 2nd in the prem when he left. We lost the Scottish Cup final on penalties and we are 5 points clear at the top of the league. 

Not happy with the performance tonight or with some of his signings but he's doing fine.  

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ok. Forget him talking them up. I’ll even concede it was about money. In which case answer me this, did he spend what little money we had wisely and get value for that little money?

His primary objective ( I would imagine ) is to get us promoted so we are on track, despite the two disappointing defeats, so far. If we achieve that then the season has been a success, imo. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

His primary objective ( I would imagine ) is to get us promoted so we are on track, despite the two disappointing defeats, so far. If we achieve that then the season has been a success, imo. 

That’s not what I asked you.

That’s not what I asked you.

You seem to get to change the parameters of the discussion. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You seem to get to change the parameters of the discussion. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The discussion had moved to me asking you a direct question, one that you seem keen to avoid giving a straight answer to, quell surprise!!!

maroonedinbriz
10 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

****ing hell. We were 2nd in the prem when he left. We lost the Scottish Cup final on penalties and we are 5 points clear at the top of the league. 

Not happy with the performance tonight or with some of his signings but he's doing fine.  

He's doing nothing, maybe less, than expected. Lennon and his predecessors got no credit on this forum for winning the SPL and rightly so. The financial gulf between them and everyone else was massive. Same with us in this league. 

4 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

He's doing nothing, maybe less, than expected. Lennon and his predecessors got no credit on this forum for winning the SPL and rightly so. The financial gulf between them and everyone else was massive. Same with us in this league. 

Our team was ****ing shite at the end of last season and we lost a massive court case over our demotion.

How exactly did you expect that squad to be turned into world beaters?

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The discussion had moved to me asking you a direct question, one that you seem keen to avoid giving a straight answer to, quell surprise!!!

After you decided the ‘Robbie talking them up’ angle wasn’t so profitable. 🤔

Anyway, I think he has made some good signings, some decent ones and some poor ones. The only poor ones for me are Frear and, possibly Roberts, though I still hope he can contribute something positively. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Our team was ****ing shite at the end of last season and we lost a massive court case over our demotion.

I don’t think he was asking them to be world beaters. Are you debating the financial gulf between us and the rest of the teams in the league?

best in the land
3 hours ago, Cynic said:

I reckon Haring is finished as a 90 minute player. 

Sadly seems so now, hopefully he can get back but tonight was hard to watch and he shouldn't be playing in the first team. 

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don’t think he was asking them to be world beaters. Are you debating the financial gulf between us and the rest of the teams in the league?

What does that have to do with it if your squad is crap from top to bottom as ours was when we got demoted?

A rebuild to become a title winner costs a lot of money - even more so during a pandemic.  I think you need to get a grip of reality.

A lot of teams relegated/demoted stay down for years if their squad is shit.

After you decided the ‘Robbie talking them up’ angle wasn’t so profitable. 🤔

Anyway, I think he has made some good signings, some decent ones and some poor ones. The only poor ones for me are Frear and, possibly Roberts, though I still hope he can contribute something positively. 

😂😂😂😂😂 I conceded the Robbie talking them up because I was farting against thunder. Apparently managers can sign shite players, then say they are good, only for them to be found out that they are shite, but that is acceptable to some people because, well he’s no gonna say they are shite to begin with is he 😂😂😂😂😂

RN’s judgement on players has been found to be questionable at best. Let’s hope our SD makes a better fist of identifying players.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

What does that have to do with it if your squad is crap from top to bottom as ours was when we got demoted?

A rebuild to become a title winner costs a lot of money - even more so during a pandemic.  I think you need to get a grip of reality.

A lot of teams relegated/demoted stay down for years if their squad is shit.

Our squad was shit for the Premiership, not for this Scottish Championship. To suggest that this squad isn’t good enough to win this Championship is frankly bonkers.

Our squad was shit for the Premiership, not for this Scottish Championship. To suggest that this squad isn’t good enough to win this Championship is frankly bonkers.

The squad is better than last year but not good enough yet.

We may or may not win the Championship with those players, but I'd like to have a bit more confidence.  It definitely isn't good enough for the premiership.

😂😂😂😂😂 I conceded the Robbie talking them up because I was farting against thunder. Apparently managers can sign shite players, then say they are good, only for them to be found out that they are shite, but that is acceptable to some people because, well he’s no gonna say they are shite to begin with is he 😂😂😂😂😂

RN’s judgement on players has been found to be questionable at best. Let’s hope our SD makes a better fist of identifying players.

That’s a lot of emojis to be using Ethan. Most of his signings are good enough to get us promoted imo. 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Nelson thinks hes at a Prada catwalk ...everytime hes in a dugout ...

Too many of them think that way now, a ****ing haircut wouldn’t go amiss. 
The funniest I saw was Jack Draws getting off the bus before the semi at Hampden with a daft puffer jacket on a COATHANGER 😆😂

21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I shouldn't imagine any of us expect them to be world beaters but we do expect the manager at least to have a go away from home. With the exception of Charlie Adam, they were a team of journeymen who had failed at previous clubs with a goal keeper that was and still is an absolutely bombscare.

One up front?

Come on tae ****!

43 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Nelson thinks hes at a Prada catwalk ...everytime hes in a dugout ...

Aye, He's like a paraffin lamp, needs a comb and a haircut...

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think he'll get us promoted then get us in about the top of the league. 

3rd-5th in the first season , then we can build from there. 

2nd / 3rd quickly became 3rd - 5th when challenged but you're ignoring the fact that his ultra cautious set up with this squad away from home has already led to defeats from Dunfermline, Alloa & Dundee this season.

We'll win this league purely down to the calibre of the opposition but next year could be carnage unless something drastically changes.

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

2nd / 3rd quickly became 3rd - 5th when challenged but you're ignoring the fact that his ultra cautious set up with this squad away from home has already led to defeats from Dunfermline, Alloa & Dundee this season.

We'll win this league purely down to the calibre of the opposition but next year could be carnage unless something drastically changes.

To be fair you tend to win any league due to the calibre of the opposition. 

Neilson will never take this team forward, he simply doesn't have the football brain, or nuance required. Furthermore, he will never get the support 100% behind him either..fact!
If he was to leave tomorrow he'd quickly become the forgotten man again! The excitement and speculation in this place would be about who would or should replace him.  
In what is the easiest league in history of the championship he has done absolutely zero to enhance his reputation.....

Ann Budge really is a bit of a coward......Of all the managers she could have picked from...She went back for dear old reliable Robbie.....

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Don’t forget the 5 wins and 5 draws from last season with another club with a much bigger budget than the rest. He knows this league well, and is actually scared of going to places like Alloa and Arbroath never mind those scary Pars/Scumdee 😆😂
The apprentice doesn’t fall far from the tree 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Hashimoto said:

Neilson will never take this team forward, he simply doesn't have the football brain, or nuance required. Furthermore, he will never get the support 100% behind him either..fact!
If he was to leave tomorrow he'd quickly become the forgotten man again! The excitement and speculation in this place would be about who would or should replace him.  
In what is the easiest league in history of the championship he has done absolutely zero to enhance his reputation.....

Ann Budge really is a bit of a coward......Of all the managers she could have picked from...She went back for dear old reliable Robbie.....

Agreed. 
On the advice of her football advisor who wasn’t surprised when it happened, as they had discussed it with him going back to DoF over a year ago. According to him anyway. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )