Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I think so. Not sure what extent Covid will affect the transfer market but I’d imagine he’ll know who he wants to keep in the medium term by now. 

Restrictions have effects on our non Scottish people, some of them may fancy returning closer to home or just dumped.

The ones on contracts need to have a place to go before they can be shifted.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We agree, can do a lot better.

We will,

Of course!  My reply though was to the post that said we have every confidence of scoring at any point, like Saturday if fallen behind.  That wasn't the case they two games but we are gradually improving regardless so my post was bitchy as.... on reflection. 

40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed, but with Dunfermline we should have scored first, we didn't and they got a bit lucky. Shit happens. 

Alloa is a shocker, no surprise tho. Our lc record is beyond a ****ing joke and goes back decades. It really is a problem at our club. The lc, for whatever reason is a complete shit show for us.  It's an utter disgrace for us given our status in Scottish football. 

Our record is a disgrace in the League Cup. 

Plus the fact we would have had a bloody good chance of lifting it this year. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Of course!  My reply though was to the post that said we have every confidence of scoring at any point, like Saturday if fallen behind.  That wasn't the case they two games but we are gradually improving regardless so my post was bitchy as.... on reflection. 

We are nowhere near the end product, most of us see the direction ahead.

So many things going on in the back ground, the big window is what it is all about.

I give the present set up 6/10.

30 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Robbie Neilson has the best win % of any manager in our history who has had more than 20 games in charge. Case closed.

😂  How many of these matches were in tier 2?  40% maybe?

18 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We are nowhere near the end product, most of us see the direction ahead.

So many things going on in the back ground, the big window is what it is all about.

I give the present set up 6/10.

Agree. 

4 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Yes, and the suspicious part of me believes that Levein still haunts the corridors at Tynecastle and the Oriam......

As long as Budge holds onto the reigns there is always the possiblity of Levein's involvement discreet or otherwise. Did Budge not say that removing Craig was the most difficult thing she had to do!
Despite the fact that everyone could see that Levein had run his course after the cup final. She just couldn't find a way to put him out of his misery 
The same compassionate Budge who didn't have a problem firing the bullet at Stendel though!

Let's just recall a few facts  - She recruited Stendel, yet left her favourite to roam about the place and leave his presence felt. No money to pay off the rest of his contract....Absolute bollocks!....She found money easy enough for other expenditure.
Levein kicking about the place is akin to my ex wife to coming to stay with me and the current Mrs Moto!!  
Is anyone trying to tell me that Levein didn't influence the playing staff with Stendel "supposedly" in charge?
No wonder we sank into the depths of the Premiership

The whole Neilson argument for me is pretty 'black and white" - Neilson has baggage. that baggage is Levein and the disastrous 5-year fiasco. 
Bringing him back reopens all the issues we have faced since Budge took on ownership 

Who sits at the top of this s#itstorm - ANN BUDGE

What a pile of absolute garbage 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

😂  How many of these matches were in tier 2?  40% maybe?

3rd in first season back and 2nd when he left. Pretty good no? 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

3rd in first season back and 2nd when he left. Pretty good no? 

Didn't say that wasn't good mate.  It's just not really fair to compare head to head records with managers like JJ when a large chunk of matches were not in the top flight. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Didn't say that wasn't good mate.  It's just not really fair to compare head to head records with managers like JJ when a large chunk of matches were not in the top flight. 

true, but his top flight record stands up to any manager really. 

you could also argue JJ in both spelled worked with a quality of player 2/3 levels above Neilson. Weir, Cameron, Mccann, Adam, Fulton, Rudi!! .. we done have anyone on that level..

im not saying Neilson is better than JJ.. what I’m saying is his record for hearts is great, he’s beaten what’s been in front of him regularly. It’s not really a point up for debate. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you could also argue JJ in both spelled worked with a quality of player 2/3 levels above Neilson. Weir, Cameron, Mccann, Adam, Fulton, Rudi!! .. we done have anyone on that level..

im not saying Neilson is better than JJ.. what I’m saying is his record for hearts is great, he’s beaten what’s been in front of him regularly. It’s not really a point up for debate. 

Tommy Walker was our last truly great manager.

JJ is a kin to the likes of Tommy.

Then a motley crew 2005-06

Paulo smashes the vermin 5-1

Robbie is the right man right now.

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

JJ signed those quality players to be fair.  But I get your point.  The quality of players JJ signed would be heading down south in today's climate.  So the transfer market is tougher these days hence taking punts on pish like Roberts.  It's amazing that players like Weir and Cameron were at diddy clubs till well into their 20's actually.  I don't mind Neilson but he should be judged next season like I said earlier.  It dosen't matter if we scrape wins in this tin pot league as the squad will be very different next season.  That's when to judge him.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

So was Hibs, we laughed in their faces.

Last season was a mess following on from a previous season of mess, following on by the one prior to that.  

Fair point about the other years but in comparison to them we should NEVER have found ourselves where we are now.  Levein and Budge had a clean slate with no debt and a chance to build football operations for years to come.  Five years later we have won feck all, spunked millions and are back where it started. 

After three years of utter shite, while saving the club and putting money in every single month to watch it get wasted on one disaster after the next people aren't acting self entitled, if it was the equivalent of Aberdeen fans moaning about McIness I could see your point but as it stands we are a Championship club out of one of the seasons trophies this year to part time shite and we have a long, long way to go until the team on the pitch match the ambitions of the supporters as the third (or even fourth) best team in this country.  

Spot on. 

This season we are cruising the Championship, beat Hibs again, and were desperately unlucky against the so called best team in Scotland in the final. Yet the usual loud mouthed windbag moaners still complain.

To be fair to Neilson.

even he couldn’t have contemplated how useless frear and Robert’s ( to an extent Walker) would have been to the cause.
It’s gave him a massive problem as he was planning basing his tactics around pace on the wings.he new they were quick but forgot they couldn’t run with the ball. It’s an easy mistake to make !!! 
sure they will be shown the door  for better players before next season though. 

12 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

This season we are cruising the Championship, beat Hibs again, and were desperately unlucky against the so called best team in Scotland in the final. Yet the usual loud mouthed windbag moaners still complain.

I think the point is that we have a superior squad and budget to anyone else in the championship and it shouldn't take a good manager to piss the league, yet we still get put out the cup by alloa, lose to vastly inferior Dunfermline and lose goals to all and sundry. 

It's worth commenting about. 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

To be fair to Neilson.

even he couldn’t have contemplated how useless frear and Robert’s ( to an extent Walker) would have been to the cause.
It’s gave him a massive problem as he was planning basing his tactics around pace on the wings.he new they were quick but forgot they couldn’t run with the ball. It’s an easy mistake to make !!! 

It is the job of the coaching staff to help get the best out of players, some are missing their loved ones.

Niggles can get you down when you are trying to get into the side.

Not writing anyone off, a few need to improve massively.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

To be fair to Neilson.

To be fair to his employers he should really check that out before he wastes our money on useless ***** like these two. 

8 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

To be fair to Neilson.

He wanted to sign both Frear and Roberts for Dundee Utd, imagine how pap they would be in the Premieship ffs. 

Hopefully the new boy comes in and he can take over because Robbies eye for a signing is utter pap.  He even took a pile of shite to MK Dons with him. 

Also, see our away games to these pish teams? I can barely watch them anymore, I used to watch every Hearts game possible and now i'm like, feck that. Netlix is a better option. 

It's a poor state of affairs. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He wanted to sign both Frear and Roberts for Dundee Utd, imagine how pap they would be in the Premieship ffs. 

Hopefully the new boy comes in and he can take over because Robbies eye for a signing is utter pap.  He even took a pile of shite to MK Dons with him. 

Certainly a mixed bag.  Signed some gems like Rossi and Djoum.  But to replace Juanma with pish like Sammon was inexcusable.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Also, see our away games to these pish teams? I can barely watch them anymore, I used to watch every Hearts game possible and now i'm like, feck that. Netlix is a better option. 

It's a poor state of affairs. 

Watching the early games s what it is all about,the progression of the football side.

Maybe you will watch all the games when we are at it in the big league.

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Certainly a mixed bag.  Signed some gems like Rossi and Djoum.  But to replace Juanma with pish like Sammon was inexcusable.

True. 

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Watching the early games s what it is all about,the progression of the football side.

Maybe you will watch all the games when we are at it in the big league.

How much progression are you seeing? we're playing far worse teams than last season and it's still pretty awful to watch. 

The tactics aren't much different from the Levein days, especially away from home. 

What are we going to be like in the premiership away from home? against better players, deary me. 

WoolfordsHearts

I often think the anger on here after a narrower win against the so called"pish" teams than expected is due to bets that haven't came in for certain posters.

😋

2 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I often think the anger on here after a narrower win against the so called"pish" teams than expected is due to bets that haven't came in for certain posters.

😋

Not me mate, i predicted a good few championship and premiership results, including a dunfermline win ( that was close) Watched about 5 minutes of the Arsenal Chelsea match and cashed out. Paid for the chinese. 

2 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

😋

possibly but there is always an element on the forum whose default position is negative and simply don’t understand football.

5 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

😋

Not so sure.  The -1.5 handicap still came in yesterday and that was like evens.  Same in every home match thus far aside from ICT.  That's a solid return if you had backed that bet in every home match so far.  Tuesday night is a similar price at home to Arbroath.  I would get on that.

Fort Vallance
2 minutes ago, kila said:

His persistence with his good pal, Berra, is costing us dearly. He is no different to Levein in many respects...

He's just as stubborn and arrogant that's for sure.

Greedy Jambo

Yes, we will still piss the championship, but does anyone actually see any improvement? 

Would Levein be doing any worse than this? in this league? 

Our away performances are exactly the same. 

Can't believe we have to put up with more levein style football. Robbie Neilson is probably one of the worst appointments we could have made. Maybe we were pish at the tail-end of last season but at least there was some excitement with stendel. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 minute ago, jager man said:

Can't believe we have to put up with more levein style football. Robbie Neilson is probably one of the worst appointments we could have made. Maybe we were pish at the tail-end of last season but at least there was some excitement with stendel. 

How was the cup final game with 3 goals 'levein football'? Answer:it wasn't. 

Anyway, Neilson takes the blame this evening alongside berra. We definitely need some new signings and berra can't play for the first team again. Berra is finished. 

Leveins Battalion

Blamed Don Robertson.

When will we see some passion from a manager,some responsibility.Guys are stealing a wage from our club.

I am now firmly in the out camp. Wasn't in it the first time round and was happy enough to have him back. But losing to a magnitude of loser like McJake is totally unacceptable.

This is the manager who stated he wanted pace and width, so tonight he starts with no wingers but has 3 on the bench, none of which he uses. Forget peoples opinions of each, the point is if he deems them good enough to be on the bench why not use a couple. RN is CL Mark 2.

On 20/11/2020 at 21:59, best in the land said:

Wrong appointment for me would far have preferred Stendal to stay. 

Frear, Halliday, Roberts and popescu are terrible signings. 

Not signing a goalscorer another big mistake. 

100% wrong appointment was shocked when announced 

Budge has made so many poor decisions at this club 

Wonder how many of the RN apologists will come on tonight to defend him.

Yet again a truly woeful performance. 

He’s a poor manager and chose to come back to a comfortable job rather than test himself in SPL with Dundee United. He knew he fails and he’d have been sacked from another job so he comes back to a job where he feels comfortable and thinks that he’s going to stroll the division. 

Big game in 10 days against Dunfermline 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )