Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I think it's laughable to suggest that he left because of the "plane hiring goons".

If that was a major factor in him leaving, then why would he jump to come back when (presumably) the same "goons" will be lying in wait?

Doesn't make sense.

Agreed!

Maybe the answer is simply that a young rich record producing owner offered him a shed load of cash to manage his plaything, and that it was a "take it or leave it! now" situation.
Hiring planes is not cheap....and it has sinister overtones. Anyone serious enough to undertake this action surely has some worrying underlying issues with Neilson.  

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

like most of us, a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. 
Here endeth the lesson 😂😆👋🏿

Love it :lol:

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I think it's laughable to suggest that he left because of the "plane hiring goons".

If that was a major factor in him leaving, then why would he jump to come back when (presumably) the same "goons" will be lying in wait?

Doesn't make sense.

Exactly. There's no way he would've left because of a daft plane incident. That would just make him look weak and a push-over.  I'd say it was more to do with the other two reasons i had posted earlier, taking Hearts as far as he could at the time or wanting away from the reins of Levein. The thing about him coming back now could be connected to Levein being no longer around if the second reason was the case. I did find it strange that one minute he's preparing Dundee Utd for a stint in the Premier and the next he's all over the papers with a Hearts scarf above his head without anyone knowing about it. All happened a bit too quick after Levein left. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, managers will always tell the truth 100% to the press. 

" compulsive liar"

Ffs.. 

So he simply isn't telling the truth and left because of the plane?  Yet he's came back to the same club and support?

So you're saying he left because he was scared and he's lying in the press why he did?

Here's more:

Neilson, though, has no regrets at leaving behind all he had at Hearts for a crack at League One.

In MK Dons he believes he has picked a club ready to go places under ambitious chairman Pete Winkelman.

And after two and a half years in the Jambos hotseat he felt the time was right for a new challenge.

Neilson said: “Of course I understand why people would ask why here?

“We left Hearts when they were sitting second in the Premiership, and we left to come to a League One team.

“But I think anyone who comes down here and actually sees the infrastructure and the set-up would recognise the potential.

“The goal here is not just to take this club to the Championship, but to possibly even go higher than that.

“We’ve got a 32,000 all-seated stadium here, we’ve got phenomenal facilities outside it.

“And when I looked at everything combined, there comes a point when all managers think about that step and trying to challenge themselves in England or abroad and go to the next level.

“This ticks all the boxes for me. The only box it didn’t tick was it was a club in League One and not a higher level. My job is to get it to that level.

“I spoke to Ann Budge and Craig and they said ‘Look, we don’t want you to go’, but they told me to go down and speak to MK and if it didn’t feel right then come back.

“But I knew in my heart of hearts it was the right time to go and it was time to take that next step in my career.

“The challenge here is phenomenal here for me.

“I have a massive chance to really help build a football club from the academy up, similar to what we did at Hearts.

“But this time it’s in a different country, a different level, and we have the potential here to go really, really high.

“It was a difficult decision for me to leave. Hearts is a special place. I spent a long period of my career there as a player, you’re talking 16, 17 years in total.

“It was a phenomenal experience for me, but I just felt the time was right to make that step for me and probably for the club as well.

“As a manager, when you have been somewhere for three years sometimes it needs a little change and it will kick on again.

But yes, he's not being honest because you say so.  

Neilson has never once said he left because of anything but ambition and has actually said he missed the pressure when he went down the road.  But aye, anything for you to blame the support though and just ignore everything the guy has actually said to suit your own agenda.   He left for his own ambitions and fair play to him.  Don't make out he was hounded out. 

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Exactly. There's no way he would've left because of a daft plane incident. That would just make him look weak and a push-over.  I'd say it was more to do with the other two reasons i had posted earlier, taking Hearts as far as he could at the time or wanting away from the reins of Levein. The thing about him coming back now could be connected to Levein being no longer around if the second reason was the case. I did find it strange that one minute he's preparing Dundee Utd for a stint in the Premier and the next he's all over the papers with a Hearts scarf above his head without anyone knowing about it. All happened a bit too quick after Levein left. 

It's actually discrediting Robbie claiming that shite more than anything else.  It's implying he was a coward and couldn't handle it. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Agreed!

Maybe the answer is simply that a young rich record producing owner offered him a shed load of cash to manage his plaything, and that it was a "take it or leave it! now" situation.
Hiring planes is not cheap....and it has sinister overtones. Anyone serious enough to undertake this action surely has some worrying underlying issues with Neilson.  

I’m sure they were well known right wing UJ waving nutters. 

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

And yet!

Ann has a cosy wee chat with Craig sometime in June / July

Levein - "Ann, I think you should bring Robbie back to the club"

Budge - "Your right Craig, he's the right man to carry on your footballing legacy- Someone get him on the phone!"

Levein gave Neilson his first big break into footballing management, and I can't imagine that relationship deteriorated, or broke down to the extent where Levein as councillor to Ann recommended his return.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

So he simply isn't telling the truth and left because of the plane?  Yet he's came back to the same club and support?

So you're saying he left because he was scared and he's lying in the press why he did?

Here's more:

Neilson, though, has no regrets at leaving behind all he had at Hearts for a crack at League One.

In MK Dons he believes he has picked a club ready to go places under ambitious chairman Pete Winkelman.

And after two and a half years in the Jambos hotseat he felt the time was right for a new challenge.

“We left Hearts when they were sitting second in the Premiership, and we left to come to a League One team.

“But I think anyone who comes down here and actually sees the infrastructure and the set-up would recognise the potential.

“The goal here is not just to take this club to the Championship, but to possibly even go higher than that.

“We’ve got a 32,000 all-seated stadium here, we’ve got phenomenal facilities outside it.

“And when I looked at everything combined, there comes a point when all managers think about that step and trying to challenge themselves in England or abroad and go to the next level.

“This ticks all the boxes for me. The only box it didn’t tick was it was a club in League One and not a higher level. My job is to get it to that level.

“I spoke to Ann Budge and Craig and they said ‘Look, we don’t want you to go’, but they told me to go down and speak to MK and if it didn’t feel right then come back.

“But I knew in my heart of hearts it was the right time to go and it was time to take that next step in my career.

“I have a massive chance to really help build a football club from the academy up, similar to what we did at Hearts.

“But this time it’s in a different country, a different level, and we have the potential here to go really, really high.

“It was a difficult decision for me to leave. Hearts is a special place. I spent a long period of my career there as a player, you’re talking 16, 17 years in total.

“It was a phenomenal experience for me, but I just felt the time was right to make that step for me and probably for the club as well.

“As a manager, when you have been somewhere for three years sometimes it needs a little change and it will kick on again.

Neilson has never once said he left because of anything but ambition and has actually said he missed the pressure when he went down the road.  But aye, anything for you to blame the support though and just ignore everything the guy has actually said to suit your own agenda.   He left for his own ambitions and fair play to him.  Don't make out he was hounded out. 

Great post LL. 

We wouldn’t want a manager that wasn’t ambitious. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Here's more:

Calm down to a panic. 

I never said anything that you say I said. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

And yet!

Ann has a cosy wee chat with Craig sometime in June / July

Levein - "Ann, I think you should bring Robbie back to the club"

Budge - "Your right Craig, he's the right man to carry on your footballing legacy- Someone get him on the phone!"

Levein gave Neilson his first big break into footballing management, and I can't imagine that relationship deteriorated, or broke down to the extent where Levein as councillor to Ann recommended his return.

CL was asked on radio if he was surprised by Neilsons return and he said NO. I think he also insinuated it was discussed as being the plan that he would move back upstairs with Neilson returning. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Doesn't make sense.

Don't think anyone has said that was "the" reason  he left. 

In my opinion Robbie is the best young manager in Scotland and the team just now are not passive or boring. He has made some poor signings but they are short term and nothing like the Damour signings and has dropped the like of Popescu when he has been poor. He inherited a poor squad first time round and won a difficult league in a canter. Still has a bit of work to do on the squad size but won't be easy in this climate getting players who are under contract to move on. In Robbie we trust👍

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Calm down to a panic. 

I never said anything that you say I said. 

What?  You've never said Neilson was hounded out because of idiots in our support and nothing to do with him having ambitions of managing down South?  That discredits the guy more than anything.  Especially when he's on record numerous times saying so. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't think anyone has said that was "the" reason  he left. 

Plenty people have, including you numerous times.  Especially when trying to cover up the Cathro disaster and Levein ruining the club.  "Aye but Robbie wouldn't have left if it wasn't for goons in our support" etc etc. 

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you base a Hearts managers success on individual games or use hibs as a benchmark, then I think the problem does not lie with RN. 

Boring... Look at his wins and goals scored, even in the top flight it was our best season since 06. 

Even without the lower league games which you say to discount but include in your poor hibs record argument ( irony....), it's the best in the last  14 years. 

Yip, he was also the last manager to get us into Europe. Shite that, eh? 

So in summary, for you-even if we pish the league you'll not be happy because we lost a few games? 

Ah so we shouldn't look at derbies because for you 3 points against Hamilton is the same as 3 points against Hibs.. 

I did watch all of our wins/ losses / draws.. We played boring, uninspiring football for the most part.. Games away from home were a tough watch even against teams around the lower ends of the league..

So if you get us into Europe and then get beaten off a team of farmers it's ok because you can do what you want once you get us there?

In summary I won't take much stock of winning this league.. It's a one team league.. I'd like to see some decent football home and away throughout the season and I'll base my happiness on that.. Then next season we'll see how we get on.. Will we play decent football and beat the smaller teams in the top division or will we be making excuses for him on a weekly basis.

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

CL was asked on radio if he was surprised by Neilsons return and he said NO. I think he also insinuated it was discussed as being the plan that he would move back upstairs with Neilson returning. 

Yes, and the suspicious part of me believes that Levein still haunts the corridors at Tynecastle and the Oriam......

As long as Budge holds onto the reigns there is always the possiblity of Levein's involvement discreet or otherwise. Did Budge not say that removing Craig was the most difficult thing she had to do!
Despite the fact that everyone could see that Levein had run his course after the cup final. She just couldn't find a way to put him out of his misery 
The same compassionate Budge who didn't have a problem firing the bullet at Stendel though!

Let's just recall a few facts  - She recruited Stendel, yet left her favourite to roam about the place and leave his presence felt. No money to pay off the rest of his contract....Absolute bollocks!....She found money easy enough for other expenditure.
Levein kicking about the place is akin to my ex wife to coming to stay with me and the current Mrs Moto!!  
Is anyone trying to tell me that Levein didn't influence the playing staff with Stendel "supposedly" in charge?
No wonder we sank into the depths of the Premiership

The whole Neilson argument for me is pretty 'black and white" - Neilson has baggage. that baggage is Levein and the disastrous 5-year fiasco. 
Bringing him back reopens all the issues we have faced since Budge took on ownership 

Who sits at the top of this s#itstorm - ANN BUDGE

Edited by Hashimoto

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Plenty people have, including you numerous times.  Especially when trying to cover up the Cathro disaster and Levein ruining the club.  "Aye but Robbie wouldn't have left if it wasn't for goons in our support" etc etc. 

Nope. 

No doubt it never encouraged him to stay, but it wasn't the reason he left. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Yes, and the suspicious part of me believes that Levein still haunts the corridors at Tynecastle and the Oriam......

As long as Budge holds onto the reigns there is always the possible of Levein's involvement discreet or otherwise. Did Budge not say that removing Craig was the most difficult thing she had to do!
Despite the fact that everyone could see that Levein had run his course after the cup final. She just couldn't find a way to put him out of his misery 
The same compassionate Budge who didn't have a problem firing the bullet at Stendel though!

Let's just recall a few facts  - She recruited Stendel, yet left her favourite to roam about the place and leave his presence felt. No money to pay off the rest of his contract....Absolute bollocks!....She found money easy enough for other expenditure.
Levein kicking about the place is akin to my ex wife to coming to stay with me and the current Mrs Moto!!  
Is anyone trying to tell me that Levein didn't influence the playing staff with Stendel "supposedly" in charge?

The whole Neilson argument for me is pretty 'black and white" - Neilson has baggage. that baggage is Levein and the disastrous 5-year fiasco. 
Bringing him back reopens all the issues we have faced since Budge took on ownership 

Spot on.
Yeah even CL said he felt sorry for her when she sacked him. 
She wasn’t that worried about sacking Cathro either when it was clear he wasn’t up to it. Totally reliant on CL. 

Who knows when she will go though, it seems only her and her pals on the board can get her out. 
The newest reason to hang around is the new training facility, maybe another family build. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Ah so we shouldn't look at derbies because for you 3 points against Hamilton is the same as 3 points against Hibs.. 

I did watch all of our wins/ losses / draws.. We played boring, uninspiring football for the most part.. Games away from home were a tough watch even against teams around the lower ends of the league..

So if you get us into Europe and then get beaten off a team of farmers it's ok because you can do what you want once you get us there?

In summary I won't take much stock of winning this league.. It's a one team league.. I'd like to see some decent football home and away throughout the season and I'll base my happiness on that.. Then next season we'll see how we get on.. Will we play decent football and beat the smaller teams in the top division or will we be making excuses for him on a weekly basis.

Yes, it's called a league table. Some games as fans mean more, but Litterally all games are worth the same. 

Not imo, some good wins and being in about 3rd is exciting and having to win games is exciting. 

Our away record under him was the best I think in decades. 

Good football comes in many forms- 

Defending, counter attacking, pressing, coming back from being behind. 

If you think good football is winning every game at a canter and going out all attack every game then I don't know what to say. 

Next season, I hope he replicates our first season after promotion lase time . 

Whatever happens, many will be unhappy tho. 

Too many on here, can't wait to call for his head. It's tragic. 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Christ almighty you don't half fancy yourself.  A flying winger in your day, the font of all Hearts knowledge and a world acclaimed economist.  What crap will you come out with next?

He works in a pub I believe. 

Everyone seeks guidance from their publican. 

They know everything 😂

26 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

As long as Budge holds onto the reigns there is always the possiblity of Levein's involvement discreet or otherwise. Did Budge not say that removing Craig was the most difficult thing she had to do!

I wasn’t even aware there was a shitstorm at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Not sure what Neilson would have to do to please some fans. 

Sign a few good players, play decent football and win a trophy?  He deserves the time to do so and if he gets it right he doesn't leave for a L1 side again. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

O wasn’t even aware there was a shitstorm at the moment. 

We are in the Championship.  For a club our size it should never get much lower than this. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

We are in the Championship.  For a club our size it should never get much lower than this. 

It never has. Robbie can’t be held responsible for that though. 

10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What's Robbie done now to deserve such a thread ?

Or is it still the 2-2 draw against hibs from 5 years ago ?

We were drawing 2-2 at some point in our last 2 games, brings it all flooding back. I have no idea if RN is the long term answer but I do know he’ll get us out of this league. Maybe not the hardest of tasks but that’s what this season is all about. 

Edited by GinRummy

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I wasn’t even aware there was a shitstorm at the moment. 

Championship football, lost legal battles, fanciful 5-year plans, poor recruitment.

For the last 5 years Hearts have sleepwalked into the position from a footballing perspective that we find ourselves in today.

Can you honestly tell me that we have a football squad worthy of the name Hearts?
And no matter how often we say "it will be better next time" Does it ever?

This must be the weakest squad of players we have had in years.....I do think it is a shitstorm.....The championship just disguises it for now.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He works in a pub I believe. 

Everyone seeks guidance from their publican. 

They know everything 😂

I’m assistant manager in a pub, I’ve worked there for 14 years now and have a pretty good relationship with my boss. 
I have a UG masters degree from UoE in History, graduated in 2011 but never quite used it for various reasons. 
But thanks for denigrating not only my job, and those of thousands of others, and my lifestyle choices. 
Hibee Al knows what I do, although he missed the self deprecating humour in that post, no surprise really. 
Im sure a little emoji at the end makes it all a joke though eh 🖕🏾😆😂

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m assistant manager in a pub, I’ve worked there for 14 years now and have a pretty good relationship with my boss. 
I have a UG masters degree from UoE in History, graduated in 2011 but never quite used it for various reasons. 
But thanks for denigrating not only my job, and those of thousands of others, and my lifestyle choices. 
Hibee Al knows what I do, although he missed the self deprecating humour in that post, no surprise really. 

You could have been a taxi driver. 🤷🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Championship football, lost legal battles, fanciful 5-year plans, poor recruitment.

For the last 5 years Hearts have sleepwalked into the position from a footballing perspective that we find ourselves in today.

Can you honestly tell me that we have a football squad worthy of the name Hearts?

This must be the weakest squad of players we have had in years.....I do think it is a shitstorm.....The championship just disguises it for now.

Going by last week's cup final and being too of the league suggests the squad is ok, getting them to show it regularly is another matter.

I am not understanding today's anger at the last 5 years performance. Strange stuff. Did we get beat yesterday ?

5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Ahhh, I see where you are coming from. 

i always see every season as a fresh start as it helps with my mental health.  I think our squad of players is more than good enough to get us promoted which is our main objective this season. Thus, I don’t see us currently bring in a shitstorm. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You could have been a taxi driver. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Can’t drive. 
Will just need to keep poisoning you guys for the next wee while, I’m off to do it now for a couple of hours in these dire times of need.
No medal asked for or required 😇😜

59 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

200.gif

He gets the formation wrong so many times tinkers about a bit much 

But one thing I will credit him with he can change games around tactically when not working. Never seems to get it right from the start though. 
He may come good but think he is just an average manager. 

3 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Robbie Neilson has clearly got a handle on this squad. Knows that we have 2 very good full backs for this level and can afford to rotate the dross in front of them and still get results. Who signed the dross and how we stop signing them is a concern.

Signing "dross" players will always happen. It's impossible for every signing to be a success. Maroon specs blinds us from seeing it happens at every club. I hate the ying n yang options of fans sometimes, no middle ground,  either world beater or dross...no inbetween.

We are playing in the 2nd tier of Scottish football so the fact we managed to attract players such as Kingsley and Gordon to come play for us this season and keep Smith, Naismith, Boyce is fantastic. To balance that we have taken a risk on some wide players in an attempt to get pace into the team. It's not happening for Frear or Roberts, it may never happen but we are only 8 league games in.

Read Reminiscing With Legends and you see that JJ also signed some "dross" when he rebuild the squad mid 90's. Some worked, some certainly didn't but he managed to keep recycling until he got the 97/98 team!

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Now't to do with RN tho and irrelevant in regards to this thread and RN. He's only been in charge from this season. 

In fact, when he was in charge of the first team first time, things were going well and we were in a cycle of continuous improvement. 

Bed sheets crew, phoddle fodder  and plane goons were still out in full force tho. 

Some Folk on this very thread were glad he went and Cathro came in to replace him. 🙄

They were celebrating. 🤔

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

200.gif

Haunts.. 

😂😂

The only thing that haunts anything are the posters after Robbie. 

They haunt every thread with thier negativity, drool, slavers and emotional splatter. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Now't to do with RN tho and irrelevant in regards to this thread and RN. He's only been in charge from this season. 

In fact, when he was in charge of the first team first time, things were going well and we were in a cycle of continuous improvement. 

Bed sheets crew, phoddle fodder  and plane goons were still out in full force tho. 

Some Folk on this very thread were glad he went and Cathro came in to replace him. 🙄

They were celebrating. 🤔

If it's any consolation I would rather have Neilson than Cathro..

Gorgie Boot boy
14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Will eventually get this done for you 😂sorry. 

You are thinking your way through it, admit it.

Nothing to do with being busy enjoying the festivities.

LOL

47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was just a joke mate. 

Not a very good one, people say the same about taxi drivers, barbers and even betting shop workers. 

Didn't mean to offend, sorry. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They were celebrating. 🤔

Some where pissed off that just like Levein when he was half decent he walked out on us half way through a season.  That was shouted down by the hounded out crew and how everyone should believe in Cathro. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ask the Barnsley or MK Dons fans that?

Probably fair to say Stendel is a better bet in England Robbie in Scotland 

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I wonder just how many of the 8 regular posters who make up “Talk Hearts” are active on this thread?

Got to be at least 8 😂😂

I had never heard of this forum before.  Just went on it.   Is it for folk banned from here? 😂

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

If it's any consolation I would rather have Neilson than Cathro..

I'd rather have Harold shipman than Cathro in charge. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )