Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not as many as recently, where the amount of poor players far outweigh the good. 
Why should anyone get over missing out on a good chance to win it. 
I will always regret the chance we missed a week ago, are you over that? 
Do you regret 62 or 86?

i get over losses very quickly I've seen enough in my lifetime, plenty big games that we should have won. It's very easy to recall players recently who have been poor signings but like i have already stated said there many many more in the past. nobody wants to sign a dud it happens and will in the future long after i'm pushing up daisies. some have an agenda against Robbie his managerial record with us speaks for itself.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yet again you’re actual ignorance of what actually happened is astonishing. 
Sergio wanted the same money that he was on at Sporting Lisbon, who were still paying him when he was here. 
A few year later he applied for the job and your boy CL didn’t even have the common decency/courtesy to give him a reply. A jealous loser and a complete charlatan who put us where we are and cost us much more than Romanov ever did, with far less in return. We lost money practically every season he was in charge, if it wasn’t for us the “real” Hearts fans and two generous millionaires because our owner couldn’t say no to him. Has she run the club any better?
Not many Hearts fans would give up those cup victories for financial stability, apart from you HibeeAl. 

Christ almighty you don't half fancy yourself.  A flying winger in your day, the font of all Hearts knowledge and a world acclaimed economist.  What crap will you come out with next?

Pasquale for King
Just now, DS98 said:

Ah so you’re counting another teams results. Struggling.

Yeah imagine counting a Championship team with the same budget when counting his results against them 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

Pasquale for King
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I don't need to ask the Barnsley or MK Dons fans anything, PFK.

I know who the better manager is.

In your opinion, I don’t know think there’s much between them really. I love the way Stendel plays, I live the results that Neilson gets. One is more suited to what we need at this time. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

i get over losses very quickly I've seen enough in my lifetime, plenty big games that we should have won. It's very easy to recall players recently who have been poor signings but like i have already stated said there many many more in the past. nobody wants to sign a dud it happens and will in the future long after i'm pushing up daisies. some have an agenda against Robbie his managerial record with us speaks for itself.

I hold grudges forever and will rue 86, and other opportunities for life. 
I personally don’t have an agenda against him, he’s the perfect manager for us just now as I’ve said. 
I will criticise him or any manager when it’s due, like Stendel playing Perriera for too long. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We've not even reached double figures in league games and we have another game in 3 days.

The guys only lost 1 league game narrowly and a cup final on pen.

Allow the guy time to find out who he can trust who looks great in training but can't deliver on a game day and which players  needs time to settle into the club and their roles within the team.

Some clueless halfwits on here thinking this is football manager.

Don’t forget the cup game versus Alloa 👍🏽

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t tell me what to do. 

Imagine talking about Neilson on a thread about Neilson. 

Imagine moaning about a thread on the manager, then continuing to bump it by commenting on it. 

You hated Stendel, loved Levein and adore his disciple, we get it.

I never hated stendel or loved Levein. 

I'm not an emotional mess. 

Again you are actually a liar, as I've said many times I liked Stendel. 

"adore his disciple" 

That's the crux of the matter, what a state you are. An emotional, slavering mess about grown men who are doing a job. 

You'll never get behind Robbie as you see him as a CL disciple. 

That's what it's all about for you - hating CL and anything he influenced. 

What a way to support a team. I actually feel sorry for you. You can't get any joy from Hearts. 

All you do is slag Hearts and argue with other Hearts fans to justify your position.

You can't take joy in anything positive, as that means you'd be backing a CL disciple and in turn means your opinion on Robbie is wrong. Following that on, you only get joy or satisfaction when you are correct, which is when we are doing poorly!

What a perverse way to support a team. 

In short you come across very emotional and in order for you to be correct we, as a team need to be poor. 

In that position, I'd give Hearts up for your my own  happiness and sanity. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah it's all about opinions. I enjoy reading your posts and both agree with you and disagree with you on subjects.

That's what this place is all about, or at least should be. 

Absolutely, I can scroll past most without commentating. 
Im still waiting on Bongo coming back so I can slink off 😜

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"adore his disciple" 

That's the crux of the matter, what a state you are. An emotional, slavering mess about grown men who are doing a job. 

What a way to support a team. I actually feel sorry for you. You can't get any joy from Hearts. 

All you do is slag Hearts and argue with other Hearts fans to justify your position.

You can't take joy in anything positive, as that means you'd be backing a CL disciple and in turn means your opinion on Robbie is wrong. Following that on, you only get joy or satisfaction when you are correct, which is when we are doing poorly!

In short you come across very emotional and in order for you to be correct we, as a team need to be poor. 

Fair summary.

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not for RN in the main, 2 wins in 9 is below average for a Hearts manager

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah imagine counting a Championship team with the same budget when counting his results against them 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

Like I said you’re struggling.

FWIW it’s P7 W2 D3 L2. One of those losses was a dead rubber that nobody gave a shit about. The other was by the odd goal at Easter Rd which can happen to any Hearts manager. As sore as that one is was.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

neilson beat hibs in the semi-final - he wasn’t expected to do that by many especially me - so fair play for that

the rest of the results have gone with expectation in that he lost the cup final and he’s won the vast majority of championship games

fundamentally nothing to get excited about either way

beat Ayr Utd at home - amazing result never expected that at all :lol:

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t forget the cup game versus Alloa 👍🏽

Yep another narrow defeat   on penalties.

Our manager deserves much more respect than some of our arsehole so called  supporters on here give him.

It's gone beyond embarrassing .Wish these clowns would **** off and find another hobby .

Apart from a couple of narrow defeats he has  delivered results with a pretty poor squad, that should be enough for most Hearts fans at this stage of his tenure 

I cant help but think that if Kickback had been around in 1957/58 season where Heart of Midlothian won the league by 13pts, in the days of 2pts for a win, scoring 132 goals and conceding just 29 in a 34 games league season. That certain posters instead of celebrating a magnificent feat, would moan about the fact that we lost an away game 1-0 to Clyde, mighty Clyde they would cry. Totally ignoring the fact that said Clyde were Scottish Cup winners in 1958, defeating Hibs 1-0 in the final. A Hibs team who defeated Hearts 3-4 in the Scottish cup that season at Tynecastle. They would have been calling for Tommy Walker's head.

Yet they think they know about football, even alleged flying left wingers.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

"adore his disciple" 

You know nothing about me, I was crying tears of joy when we beat Hibs or so nearly won the cup last week. 
It’s because I want the joy that’s why  I’m critical, possibly overly so, of managers and players. 
My hatred of Levein is well founded and won’t ever abate, you seem to think I’m alone in that. 
As for a strange way to support Hearts you wanted Hibs to win the cup 4 years ago and have changed your name for n numerous occasions to try and escape that. 
I won’t take criticism from you of all people about how I support my team Tosh. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah if you could use your magic wand and scroll up you would see we covered that and I agreed with that at least twice. Great penalty too, great goal in Basel. That pretty much sums up his ten years playing for the club. 

That and his international cap. 😎

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Like I said you’re struggling.

FWIW it’s P7 W2 D3 L2. One of those losses was a dead rubber that nobody gave a shit about. The other was by the odd goal at Easter Rd which can happen to any Hearts manager. As sore as that one is was.

I originally said manager, as he is a Hearts manager 2 in 9 is technically correct. 
As you missed the point, we played them 4 times in the Championship with a similar budget. When we played them in the cup we had similar budgets, they were in the championship. When Utd played them they had a similar budget, they were in the championship. When we beat them a few months ago, same again. 
No such thing as a dead rubber in a derby. 
Two wins where they missed penalties and we scored penalties. 
His record as Hearts manager against them isn’t great, but is going in the right direction most certainly. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That and his international cap. 😎

Great cross too, unlike him, and Kenny Miller missed a sitter from it in the Ukraine 🙈

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You know nothing about me, I was crying tears of joy when we beat Hibs or so nearly won the cup last week. 
It’s because I want the joy that’s why  I’m critical, possibly overly so, of managers and players. 
My hatred of Levein is well founded and won’t ever abate, you seem to think I’m alone in that. 
As for a strange way to support Hearts you wanted Hibs to win the cup 4 years ago and have changed your name for n numerous occasions to try and escape that. 
I won’t take criticism from you of all people about how I support my team Tosh. 

Ffs. 

My name change is obvious and nothing to do with a hibs/ rangers final. There's an obvious theme to my names. 

Nothing I do regarding Hearts has a thought about Hibs in it. 

I dislike rangers more than hibs, it's even on my signature 😂😂

"try to escape that".... Nope. 

So as far as your mini psychological analysis on me, it's a massive swing and a miss. 

If you hate a human over football, that is your issue, you did recently hope folk catch covid so between your hatred and hoping folk catch a virus, my opinion based on your posts  is that you aren't a very nice person, either that or overly emotional and dramatic. 

You called Robbie "CL's disciple" , so again your emotions are way out in front of  any logical argument or point you may have. 

You seem to take no joy from Hearts based on your posts and spend a lot of time slagging players and staff. Fair enough, if that's your thing. 

Neilson this, Stendel, this......It's all irrelevant!

IMO any manager / HC should win this league in a canter with the resources we have.

The real acid test for Neilson comes next season if and when we return to the Premiership.
That will settle a lot of arguments on here!

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I cant help but think that if Kickback had been around in 1957/58 season where Heart of Midlothian won the league by 13pts, in the days of 2pts for a win, scoring 132 goals and conceding just 29 in a 34 games league season. That certain posters instead of celebrating a magnificent feat, would moan about the fact that we lost an away game 1-0 to Clyde, mighty Clyde they would cry. Totally ignoring the fact that said Clyde were Scottish Cup winners in 1958, defeating Hibs 1-0 in the final. A Hibs team who defeated Hearts 3-4 in the Scottish cup that season at Tynecastle. They would have been calling for Tommy Walker's head.

Yet they think they know about football, even alleged flying left wingers.

I don’t think anything pal, I certainly wasn’t flying either 😆

We're lucky we have a Hearts man that is capable of pissing this league, and came back. Look at Rangers and Hibs in the Championship, absolutely no guarantees we bounce straight back. Its now looking likely Robbie will scoosh it for a second time in maroon. One of the few hearts managers in the last 20 years that can actually build on a squad year on year and clearly improve it each season(2014-16), rather than taking punts after punt and yoyoing league positions. 

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

I think Robbie is a good manager and will win us this league at a canter, he's not perfect though and yesterday showed that. I don't believe there is one Hearts fan who seen that lineup yesterday and thought " that's the team for me" Frear and Roberts in the same team? Two passengers out of eleven is silly, why not go the whole hog and play Walker alongside them?  He has his blind spots but let's hope they don't last as long as Levein's. let's hope the two players he's talking about bringing in are good enough for next seasons challenge.

Robbie Neilson has clearly got a handle on this squad. Knows that we have 2 very good full backs for this level and can afford to rotate the dross in front of them and still get results. Who signed the dross and how we stop signing them is a concern.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

My name change is obvious and nothing to do with a hibs/ rangers final. There's an obvious theme to my names. 

Nothing I do regarding Hearts has a thought about Hibs in it. 

I dislike rangers more than hibs, it's even on my signature 😂😂

"try to escape that".... Nope. 

So as far as your mini psychological analysis on me, it's a massive swing and a miss. 

If you hate a human over football, that is your issue, you did recently hope folk catch covid so between your hatred and hoping folk catch a virus, my opinion based on your posts  is that you aren't a very nice person, either that or overly emotional and dramatic. 

You called Robbie "CL's disciple" , so again your emotions are way out in front of  any logical argument or point you may have. 

You seem to take no joy from Hearts based on your posts and spend a lot of time slagging players and staff. Fair enough, if that's your thing. 

Ok Doc thanks for the Psychological analysis, can I go now 😆
When folk damage my club, or the country as those Celtic fans who have flouted the law all season you bet I’m not a nice person. I hate Celtic/Hibs/Rangers in equal proportions. 
Possibly the biggest ***** you could wish to avoid, but also the best friend you’re ever likely to have and as politically progressive as anyone. 
Like most of us, a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. 
Here endeth the lesson 😂😆👋🏿

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

IMO any manager / HC should win this league in a canter with the resources we have.

The real acid test for Neilson comes next season if and when we return to the Premiership.

I’m no sure if it will, it didn’t last time. 

1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

Robbie Neilson has clearly got a handle on this squad. Knows that we have 2 very good full backs for this level and can afford to rotate the dross in front of them and still get results. Who signed the dross and how we stop signing them is a concern.

The games against Celtic and Hibs show we’ve got a very good squad that would be competitive in the top half and of the Premiership. A few quality additions and the we can look forward to much brighter times ahead.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The games against Celtic and Hibs show we’ve got a very good squad that would be competitive in the top half and of the Premiership. A few quality additions and the we can look forward to much brighter times ahead.

I would disagree. I think we have a decent nucleus and if everyone was fit, competitive starting 11. We don't have a strong squad though, but that'll take time.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ok Doc thanks for the Psychological analysis, can I go now 😆
When folk damage my club, or the country as those Celtic fans who have flouted the law all season you bet I’m not a nice person. I hate Celtic/Hibs/Rangers in equal proportions. 
Possibly the biggest ***** you could wish to avoid, but also the best friend you’re ever likely to have and as politically progressive as anyone. 
Like most of us, a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. 
Here endeth the lesson 😂😆👋🏿

Take it easy. 

Try and take some joy from Hearts. 👍

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m no sure if it will, it didn’t last time. 

He didn't stay for some reason...The lure of the bright lights of Milton Keynes was too tempting for him!

Any manager and I mean any manager should skoosh this league......It's the easiest job in football just now, especially with the passive owner we have.

I liked Stendel, As I've said on earlier threads I would have liked to have seen what he could have brought to Hearts that was fundamentally different from what we have seen from the previous 5-years. The problem for some is that Neilson will always be linked to Levein, and that for some is too much to swallow especially given the deterioration we have seen in the footballing department from the day that Budge took up ownership.  

Neilson has two transfer windows to make sure that we are adequately equipped to go into the Premiership next season. Let's hope he gets that recruitment right!

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

He didn't stay for some reason...The lure of the bright lights of Milton Keynes was too tempting for him!

Any manager and I mean any manager should skoosh this league......It's the easiest job in football just now, especially with the passive owner we have.

I liked Stendel, As I've said on earlier threads I would have liked to have seen what he could have brought to Hearts that was fundamentally different from what we have seen from the previous 5-years. The problem for some is that Neilson will always be linked to Levein, and that for some is too much to swallow especially given the deterioration we have seen in the footballing department from the day that Budge took up ownership.  

Neilson has two transfer windows to make sure that we are adequately equipped to go into the Premiership next season. Let's hope he gets that recruitment right!

Agreed.

39 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

This.  Anything less than a top 4 finish next season should see Neilson bulleted.  We as a club have settled for mediocrity for far too long. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

So much wrong with this. 

First part, you have no idea and you ignore the plane hiring, bed sheets and phoodle goons. 

I liked stendel as well, a whole season with a summer transfer window-who knows? But you ignore the fact he taken us from 2nd bottom to bottom.  Definitely different.... 

The Neilson linked to CL part is true, but only emotional, slavering idiots would hold that against him. No rational person will. 

Even " the deterioration we have seen in the footballing dept from the day Budge taken up ownership " part is wrong, factually we are exactly were we were when she taken over..... 

Worst post I've read in a while. Wrong and missing important information. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So much wrong with this. 

First part, you have no idea and you ignore the plane hiring, bed sheets and phoodle goons. 

I liked stendel as well, a whole season with a summer transfer window-who knows? But you ignore the fact he taken us from 2nd bottom to bottom.  Definitely different.... 

The Neilson linked to CL part is true, but only emotional, slavering iidiits would hold that against him. No rational person will. 

Even " the deterioration we have seen in the footballing dept from the day Budge taken up ownership " part is wrong, factually we are exactly were we were when she taken over..... 

Chill pal.....Did Santa miss your house this year?

So much vitriol coming from you.....away and wash the saliva off your screen now.

Plane hiring, phoodle....goons....where to start??????......You clearly are a bit of an emotional mess as others on here have pointed out. 

Neilson like it to not....(and by the way I don't give a shiny one about your opinion!) is by default linked into the Levein regime. Neilson is doing well just now, and so he should be!  

But just one wee simple question for you, and I'll try and type it slowly so that you understand it.....Why does Neilson divide opinion like no other Hearts manager has done for a good number of years?

Now away and get a cloth and wipe that screen!

Edited by Hashimoto

58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great cross too, unlike him, and Kenny Miller missed a sitter from it in the Ukraine 🙈

Plus his long throw to set up the 2006 cup final goal.😁

Pasquale for King
Just now, benny said:

Plus his long throw to set up the 2006 cup final goal.😁

Forgot about that 👍🏽, I think maybe two other goals from his many throws. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

So much vitriol coming from you.....away and wash the saliva off your screen now.

Plane hiring, phoodle....goons....where to start??????......You clearly are a bit of an emotional mess as others on here have pointed out. 

Neilson like it to not....(and by the way I don't give a shiny one about your opinion!) is by default linked into the Levein regime. Neilson is doing well just now, and so he should be!  

But just one wee simple question for you, and I'll try and type it slowly so that you understand it.....Why does Neilson divide opinion like no other Hearts manager has done for a good number of years.

Hahahahaha brilliant 👍🏽

20 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

No-one knows the reasons he chose to leave. We all have different thoughts and as i'd posted before, it'll be a combination of reasons i suspect. The reasons could've been anything out of feeling he couldn't take Hearts any further, wanted away from Levein's "philosophy" on football, maybe felt a little bit hemmed in to do what he wanted which for me suggests a reason to get the hell out at the first opportunity to the first club that flash their knickers at him. Even if he did want to get out eventually, he could've waited until a better club than MK Dons came in for him. Managers are always getting sacked down south and i'm sure there would've been more mouth-watering opportunities if he'd just stuck it out a bit longer. As i've said before, anyone thinking he walked away because of a daft plane incident is off their head. And even if it was true then that would've make him look weak. If that was the case then  i'd have wanted to stay a bit longer and prove to the plane people they were wrong and to "get it right up them" surely? 

Folk also say we went downhill when he left. Who's fault is that? It certainly isn't Neilson's. It's the fault of the management of the club for not appointing an experienced manager to replace him. If they did and we carried on as before it would be..."Robbie who!?" 

I was excited and delighted to get someone like Stendel in and hoped to watch what we all prefer as Hearts fans...attacking style football. (MacDonald, Jeffries, Burley stuff instead of Levein, Jordan type stuff which we hated at the time) Jordan's style was hated as much as Levein's in his second stint.

No-one will ever know whether it would've worked long-term with Stendel and with 24 points still to play for.  We are where we are and we just have to get on with it, get up again first and foremost and then sort the squad out.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

But just one wee simple question for you, and I'll try and type it slowly so that you understand it.....Why does Neilson divide opinion like no other Hearts manager has done for a good number of years?

Personal insults aside, you never addressed any of my points with your post. 

To answer your question, I can only guess. 

He was a good player for us, gave us 10 years and won a sc. 

He also managed us to our best season in years after winning promotion over rangers and Hibs. 

One poster on this very thread as described him as a  disciple ( of CL). 

Another prominent poster wanted stendel as manager, although he hardly mentions it. 

You'd need to ask the posters who dislike him. From what I've read on here it's for no logical or practical reason, more to do with hibs winning the sc, being a disciple or romanticism about another manager. Nothing tangible, logical or factual- more to to do with emotional fantasy and personal vendettas. 

22 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

When was the last time a Hearts manager didn’t divide opinion? The answer is never. 

The real question is why? Well you’ll have to ask those fans that. You certainly won’t get any sound reasoning about Robbie, 4 months into his tenure. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

He also managed us to our best season in years after winning promotion over rangers and Hibs. 

Another prominent poster wanted stendel as manager, although he hardly mentions it. 

You'd need to ask the posters who dislike him. From what I've read on here it's for no logical or practical reason, more to do with hibs winning the sc, being a disciple or romanticism about another manager. Nothing tangible, logical or factual- more to to do with emotional fantasy and personal vendettas. 

Why do people dislike Neilson. 

His record in derbies is poor even despite getting the luck such as with last minute equalisers.

His teams are boring to watch and even worse away from home.

His win/loss record should not include first division games as they should all be won with a club of our size.

He took us to our most embarrassing European result in our history.

I will agree he does have us playing some games with passion.. I can think of 4, Aberdeen at home in the cup, Rangers in a league game during his first spell and then the Scottish cup semi and final from this season. The sad thing is if he could get his team up for every game instead of 4 spread over about 3 years then he'd be a lot more liked by all Hearts fans. 

As for me the jury is still out this time round.. I was glad he left last time.. This time he's had a good result against Hibs in the semi and the team played well in the final. However we lost to a part time team in Alloa, lost to Dunfermline who are nowhere close to us in quality and we have been poor in other games such as Arbroath away.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Listen mate...When it comes to insulting you try and find a way to bulldoze your opinion onto others. So, you might find you earn a little respect if you learn to reply with a bit more humility!

I don't question Neilson's playing credentials, or "that tackle" or even his dedication to Hearts.

But something changed when we went from winning the Championship in canter....Something changed when we went from the freeflowing team to the staid mind numbing, one paced stuff in the Premiership. Despite where we sat in the league the discontent from the support was growing.....forget the stupid flyover and all that stuff. There was a growing unrest amongst the support.
This was an opportunity for Budge to be brave and forward thinking......But no, she simply wasn't brave enough. 

Neilson isn't the antichrist.....but his appointment was just a bit meh for me.

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So much wrong with this. 

The Neilson linked to CL part is true, but only emotional, slavering idiots would hold that against him. No rational person will. 

Joint bottom of the league, had failed to win any of the 5 games prior to Stendel came in, but it was his fault for taking us bottom when we sacked Levein for being shite and where in the midst of a shocking run of NO WINS IN FIVE, but he lost one more and that means its his fault we went from joint bottom to clear bottom?  Absolutely laughable.

So Neilson walked last before because of the fans but came back despite the same fans and nothing to do with having ambitions of managing down South?  

Neilson left Hearts in December 2016 to join the ambitious English League One side and achieved initial success in leading them from relegation trouble to a mid-table finish.

He admits things didn't progress enough from there and left the club by mutual consent in January of this year and he told STV he still thinks he made the right decision in trying to help MK Dons reach their ambitions.

"I think it was an opportunity to go down to England and to a club that could progress and be a project over the next few years," he said. "Having spoken to the chairman there I knew there was great potential in the stadium and the surrounding infrastructure so it was a great opportunity.

"No [I wasn't looking to leave Hearts]. I had a couple of teams that had spoken to me but it just wasn't right but this one felt right.

"I had a fantastic time at Hearts. It was nearly three years and it was a great learning curve and a great progression but I felt it was the right time to go and a good opportunity.

"I just felt it was the right club to go to and it was really, really ambitious. It still is. It's had a difficult period in the last three or four years but the infrastructure is there and I just hoped that I would be the one to help them do it.

"The reason I went down there was not just to progress myself career-wise but as a person as well and I think I definitely did that because it was an eye-opener to say the least at times."

He's a compulsive liar then and it was clearly because he was hounded out by the plane hiring tubes? 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, jambonian said:

No-one knows the reasons he chose to leave. We all have different thoughts and as i'd posted before, it'll be a combination of reasons i suspect. The reasons could've been anything out of feeling he couldn't take Hearts any further, wanted away from Levein's "philosophy" on football, maybe felt a little bit hemmed in to do what he wanted which for me suggests a reason to get the hell out at the first opportunity to the first club that flash their knickers at him. Even if he did want to get out eventually, he could've waited until a better club than MK Dons came in for him. Managers are always getting sacked down south and i'm sure there would've been more mouth-watering opportunities if he'd just stuck it out a bit longer. As i've said before, anyone thinking he walked away because of a daft plane incident is off their head. And even if it was true then that would've make him look weak. If that was the case then  i'd have wanted to stay a bit longer and prove to the plane people they were wrong and to "get it right up them" surely? 

Folk also say we went downhill when he left. Who's fault is that? It certainly isn't Neilson's. It's the fault of the management of the club for not appointing an experienced manager to replace him. If they did and we carried on as before it would be..."Robbie who!?" 

I was excited and delighted to get someone like Stendel in and hoped to watch what we all prefer as Hearts fans...attacking style football. (MacDonald, Jeffries, Burley stuff instead of Levein, Jordan type stuff which we hated at the time) Jordan's style was hated as much as Levein's in his second stint.

No-one will ever know whether it would've worked long-term with Stendel and with 24 points still to play for.  We are where we are and we just have to get on with it, get up again first and foremost and then sort the squad out.

Good post.
I think Neilson said himself that it was a good time to leave Hearts. He did the same with United, I think he will leave around Xmas 2022 if he follows his usual timeframe. He knows managers have a shelf life at clubs. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Why do people dislike Neilson. 

His record in derbies is poor even despite getting the luck such as with last minute equalisers.

His teams are boring to watch and even worse away from home.

His win/loss record should not include first division games as they should all be won with a club of our size.

He took us to our most embarrassing European result in our history.

I will agree he does have us playing some games with passion.. I can think of 4, Aberdeen at home in the cup, Rangers in a league game during his first spell and then the Scottish cup semi and final from this season. The sad thing is if he could get his team up for every game instead of 4 spread over about 3 years then he'd be a lot more liked by all Hearts fans. 

As for me the jury is still out this time round.. I was glad he left last time.. This time he's had a good result against Hibs in the semi and the team played well in the final. However we lost to a part time team in Alloa, lost to Dunfermline who are nowhere close to us in quality and we have been poor in other games such as Arbroath away.

If you base a Hearts managers success on individual games or use hibs as a benchmark, then I think the problem does not lie with RN. 

Boring... Look at his wins and goals scored, even in the top flight it was our best season since 06. 

Even without the lower league games which you say to discount but include in your poor hibs record argument ( irony....), it's the best in the last  14 years. 

Yip, he was also the last manager to get us into Europe. Shite that, eh? 

So in summary, for you-even if we pish the league you'll not be happy because we lost a few games? 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, DS98 said:

When was the last time a Hearts manager didn’t divide opinion? The answer is never. 

The real question is why? Well you’ll have to ask those fans that. You certainly won’t get any sound reasoning about Robbie, 4 months into his tenure. 

7 months but you’re right nonetheless. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Joint bottom of the league, had failed to win any of the 5 games prior to Stendel came in, but it was his fault for taking us bottom when we sacked Levein for being shite and where in the midst of a shocking run of NO WINS IN FIVE, but he lost one more and that means its his fault we went from joint bottom to clear bottom?  Absolutely laughable.

So Neilson walked last before because of the fans but came back despite the same fans and nothing to do with having ambitions of managing down South?  

Neilson left Hearts in December 2016 to join the ambitious English League One side and achieved initial success in leading them from relegation trouble to a mid-table finish.

He admits things didn't progress enough from there and left the club by mutual consent in January of this year and he told STV he still thinks he made the right decision in trying to help MK Dons reach their ambitions.

"I think it was an opportunity to go down to England and to a club that could progress and be a project over the next few years," he said. "Having spoken to the chairman there I knew there was great potential in the stadium and the surrounding infrastructure so it was a great opportunity.

"No [I wasn't looking to leave Hearts]. I had a couple of teams that had spoken to me but it just wasn't right but this one felt right.

"I had a fantastic time at Hearts. It was nearly three years and it was a great learning curve and a great progression but I felt it was the right time to go and a good opportunity.

"I just felt it was the right club to go to and it was really, really ambitious. It still is. It's had a difficult period in the last three or four years but the infrastructure is there and I just hoped that I would be the one to help them do it.

"The reason I went down there was not just to progress myself career-wise but as a person as well and I think I definitely did that because it was an eye-opener to say the least at times."

He's a compulsive liar then and it was clearly because he was hounded out by the plane hiring tubes? 

Yip, managers will always tell the truth 100% to the press. 

" compulsive liar"

Ffs.. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post.
I think Neilson said himself that it was a good time to leave Hearts. He did the same with United, I think he will leave around Xmas 2022 if he follows his usual timeframe. He knows managers have a shelf life at clubs. 

I think it's laughable to suggest that he left because of the "plane hiring goons".

If that was a major factor in him leaving, then why would he jump to come back when (presumably) the same "goons" will be lying in wait?

Doesn't make sense.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I think it's laughable to suggest that he left because of the "plane hiring goons".

If that was a major factor in him leaving, then why would he jump to come back when (presumably) the same "goons" will be lying in wait?

Doesn't make sense.

Absolutely, it’s been used as an excuse for years. Maybe the man with every excuse under the sun said it to one of his fan boys 😆😂

Hope you had a great Xmas mate, keep up the good work spreading the faith down south. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )