Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

I agree, we don't really need anyone else for the championship, but at the same time, we've got to build for next season and there's a few players that need shown the door and replaced. I don't think Neilson get's the best out of what we have mind you. 

Do we need to spend money and do that now or can we not just get them in before pre season and prepare then?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Just now, RussAsia said:

Do we need to spend money and do that now or can we not just get them in before pre season and prepare then?

Balancing act. It could be argued we will attract better players when we are a top flight side as well. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Balancing act. It could be argued we will attract better players when we are a top flight side as well. 

How many players have Aberdeen brought in that we've never heard of that turn out to be gems.. Why can we not?

Just now, RussAsia said:

How many players have Aberdeen brought in that we've never heard of that turn out to be gems.. Why can we not?

You don’t have to convince me our recruitment has been poor. Nonetheless it’s a balancing act on when to going players in - now or in the summer?

1 minute ago, RussAsia said:

Not sure about Aberdeen but our scouting has been dreadful over the last few years, so much money wasted of shite. 

Hopefully this new guy sorts it out, Savage. I'd like a couple of signings in January just to see if that's the case. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

You don’t have to convince me our recruitment has been poor. Nonetheless it’s a balancing act on when to going players in - now or in the summer?

Cool.. My thought is that with Covid as it is and money tight for most clubs surely summer is better. Especially when we should have enough to walk this league no problems.

Our wingers are pish, play with wing backs or a diamond. Don't need wingers. Best XI for me at the moment is. 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Irving 

Lee                    Halliday 

Naismith 

Wighton Boyce 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Our wingers are pish, play with wing backs or a diamond. Don't need wingers. Best XI for me at the moment is. 

Gordon

Irving 

Naismith 

Wighton Boyce 

If that is our best team then we are really struggling.. If we go up we need two new centre halves and then to replace at least Lee and Wighton.. Even then I'm not sure if Irving who I actually like and Halliday are good enough to be near the top.

Still that team can walk the division we're in now.

2 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Cool.. My thought is that with Covid as it is and money tight for most clubs surely summer is better. Especially when we should have enough to walk this league no problems.

Fair enough. If it’s younger players you could argue some games in the championship could help development. Players gelling before we go up a level is another advantage.  I doubt of we’ll bring in more than two players in January though and hopefully unload a few and the advantages of waiting till summer are obvious 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

Irving 

Naismith 

Wighton Boyce 

I think we've really missed having a central midfielder that actually plays in the centre of the park. 

I'm not sure a diamond would sort that but i do agree with having 2 strikers up front and a player backing them up. 

I think we've really missed having a central midfielder that actually plays in the centre of the park. 

I'm not sure a diamond would sort that but i do agree with having 2 strikers up front and a player backing them up. 

I like Irving and he's a young Scottish player but Haring would probably be the best in that position with Irving as back up..

If we're playing 2 strikers I'd want to play Boyce and Naismith. 

Anyway we need to impose ourselves on games more and playing against the shit in this league should be a time to refine it.

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Probably every fan who saw Frear and Roberts in the starting 11 said - "Oh no".

These players are never going to be good enough - even in Championship.

Can Robbie Neilson NOT see this?????

As soon as these 2 left we started to look like we wanted to win.

Neilson does deserve some credit for taking them off but you have to win the battle - and Frear\Roberts are not going to battle.

FFS - give Henderson and Moore a chance.

You wonder how some guys made it as pros?  I’d be going all the way back to who scouted and recommended them. I get some players can lose their way after initially getting in the door but these guys aren’t kids. 

You can be an average player but ffs, at a minimum you should show appetite and fight.  

7 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

If that is our best team then we are really struggling.. If we go up we need two new centre halves and then to replace at least Lee and Wighton.. Even then I'm not sure if Irving who I actually like and Halliday are good enough to be near the top.

Still that team can walk the division we're in now.

It's our best team right now until the summer. 

2 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

I like Irving and he's a young Scottish player but Haring would probably be the best in that position with Irving as back up..

Anyway we need to impose ourselves on games more and playing against the shit in this league should be a time to refine it.

It may not get the best response but I think Irving is being wasted again, or getting the wrong role and instruction. He’s slipping back to into that languid style during game we witnessed under McPhee.

I want this lad buzzing around the park. Over the course of 90 I want to see him in the positions Lee seems to get into but only because Lee plays a different role, not because he’s better.  I can’t go this taking the ball off the CH’s role. Give that to Lee.  

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You wonder how some guys made it as pros?  I’d be going all the way back to who scouted and recommended them. I get some players can lose their way after initially getting in the door but these guys aren’t kids. 

You can be an average player but ffs, at a minimum you should show appetite and fight.  

Spot on response to a good post. 
Frear looks like a scared wee laddie, he’s 30yo ffs. Roberts has everything required to be player, apart from desire and heart. The exact opposite of the manager. 

6 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

It's strange how Haring still can't get regular game time, he's a level above when he's on his game. 

A_A wehatethehibs

It's strange how Haring still can't get regular game time, he's a level above when he's on his game. 

Been out a long time though so we’re always on about not rushing folk back. I’m perfectly fine with him having a bit part role this season and working his body back slowly but surely. Deploy him when we need him, to manage and control midfields, when we need game management. Seems to be what Neilsons doing anyway. 

Just now, Debut 4 said:

It may not get the best response but I think Irving is being wasted again, or getting the wrong role and instruction. He’s slipping back to into that languid style during game we witnessed under McPhee.

I want this lad buzzing around the park. Over the course of 90 I want to see him in the positions Lee seems to get into but only because Lee plays a different role, not because he’s better.  I can’t go this taking the ball off the CH’s role. Give that to Lee.  

I'd agree with you in the fact that when Irving gets the ball he automatically looks to play the ball forward. I just feel he's too slow in moving the ball and so has to move it sideways.. I think playing further up would be good for him but he's clearly in defensive midfield to give him some time on the ball while he's young.

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Been out a long time though so we’re always on about not rushing folk back. I’m perfectly fine with him having a bit part role this season and working his body back slowly but surely. Deploy him when we need him, to manage and control midfields, when we need game management. Seems to be what Neilsons doing anyway. 

I know, but he's been rested for about 12 years now, he put in a great performance for the majority of a game (can't remember who it was against) and now he's getting next to no game time. Has he had another set back?

13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I agree but both Irving and Lee suffer from a lack of movement in front of them. Both can pick good passes but too often we are static up the park, which results in endless sideways and backwards passes allowing opposition defences to get in position and defend. 

Edited by GinRummy

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I know, but he's been rested for about 12 years now, he put in a great performance for the majority of a game (can't remember who it was against) and now he's getting next to no game time. Has he had another set back?

He’s on 10 appearances for this season? Including the infamous Alloa 0-0 draw 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He’s on 10 appearances for this season? Including the infamous Alloa 0-0 draw 

Aye, how many games has he started though. 

Konrad von Carstein
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on response to a good post. 
Frear looks like a scared wee laddie, he’s 30yo ffs. Roberts has everything required to be player, apart from desire and heart. The exact opposite of the manager. 

Really? Not going to revisit and rehash tired arguments but Robbie's teams seem to have a knack of being pish, in phases, against teams we should be steamrollering...RN and his backroom team need to be making sure we are up for every game...for the whole game...we seem to coast at the moment imo because we think we are all that...we aren't.

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Really? Not going to revisit and rehash tired arguments but Robbie's teams seem to have a knack of being pish, in phases, against teams we should be steamrollering...RN and his backroom team need to be making sure we are up for every game...for the whole game...we seem to coast at the moment imo because we think we are all that...we aren't.

Without wanting to start an argument, Robbie seems to have learned a lot from Craig Levein. 

GorgieBoy2012
On 20/11/2020 at 21:59, best in the land said:

Wrong appointment for me would far have preferred Stendal to stay. 

Frear, Halliday, Roberts and popescu are terrible signings. 

Not signing a goalscorer another big mistake. 

But when was the last time we signed a prolific striker? We already had boyce, wighton, Naismith. We play a one up top as well

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Without wanting to start an argument, Robbie seems to have learned a lot from Craig Levein. 

Exactly...except both managers think/thought we are are all that...this rubs off on the players...and in all 3 cases they are wrong! 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Agreed, I meant as a player all he had was heart and desire. We seem incapable of two good half’s, something that’s been a problem for a few years. 
It’s good to see us scoring goals again though, just need to be a bit tighter at the back. Still not sure what our best team, formation and tactics are though 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If he took Craig Levein’s good points then that’s a good thing

6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nae Jack Ross eh Greedy 

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, I meant as a player all he had was heart and desire. We seem incapable of two good half’s, something that’s been a problem for a few years. 
It’s good to see us scoring goals again though, just need to be a bit tighter at the back. Still not sure what our best team, formation and tactics are though 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆

Sorry...misread your post.

For me, a manger who has a quote along the lines of "We are Heart, we fear no-one" attributed to him, should be directly instilling this into his players...apologies, I'm going on a rant but letting in 3 against that today was unforgivable...imo

Fxxx the SPFL

looks like the phoodle out brigade are out tonight thank feck we beat Hibs in the semi or some would have had a jumbo jet flying over Tynie with a banner trailing behind it. We won get over it we'll win this league and that's all that matters this season and then see where we are come the summer. i personally wouldn't be rushing into any panic buys in January the squad we have is good enough to win this league all of course imo. 

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

If he took Craig Levein’s good points then that’s a good thing

Nae Jack Ross eh Greedy 

Jack Ross is doing pretty well across the road, i still stand by the point that we spend a fortune on failure when he could have done a job for us for free. But no point going over it. 

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

looks like the phoodle out brigade are out tonight thank feck we beat Hibs in the semi or some would have had a jumbo jet flying over Tynie with a banner trailing behind it. We won get over it we'll win this league and that's all that matters this season and then see where we are come the summer. i personally wouldn't be rushing into any panic buys in January the squad we have is good enough to win this league all of course imo. 

Just to clarify, I'm not a "phoodle outer"!

:rofl:

Even when we win comfortably the crayon chomping sad sacks still can't find any Polystyrene to sook on.

They still find their way onto JKB.

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Jack Ross is doing pretty well across the road, i still stand by the point that we spend a fortune on failure when he could have done a job for us for free. But no point going over it. 

He’s done alright. No bones about it. Although Hibs have the 4th biggest budget in the prem and the 4th best squad. And they’re 4th, 

Still got his pants pulled down by Neilson in his biggest game at Hibs so far. 

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

:rofl:

Even when we win comfortably the crayon chomping sad sacks still can't find any Polystyrene to sook on.

They still find their way onto JKB.

And some of them even give more input than you. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Just to clarify, I'm not a "phoodle outer"!

i wasn't insinuating that you were it just seems that some folk seem to have a dig at Robbie at any opportunity

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He’s done alright. No bones about it. Although Hibs have the 4th biggest budget in the prem and the 4th best squad. And they’re 4th, 

Yeah, well i would expect us to do any hibs manager over in a derby.

Edited by Greedy Jambo

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, how many games has he started though. 

Who cares. Fact is, Andy Irving has elbowed him out the way since that Alloa game, that’s the short version of what’s happened. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Sorry...misread your post.

For me, a manger who has a quote along the lines of "We are Heart, we fear no-one" attributed to him, should be directly instilling this into his players...apologies, I'm going on a rant but letting in 3 against that today was unforgivable...imo

Agreed. I’m  usually one of his biggest critics but I’m not expecting so much now. 
With the CHs we currently have we are likely to lose goals no matter how we play. 
I think the weather definitely helped the attackers today, even watching i wasn’t that annoyed at 1:2, we have goals in the team and a strong bench. 
It’s a double edged sword, do you state him for picking the wrong team or give him credit for changing it, I do both 😆
TV is shit so analysing the game is fair enough tonight. 

Fxxx the SPFL

hobbit at my work said that a lot of Hibs wins they have been pretty crap in games and to be honest if we were in the premiership we'd be sniffing around third/fourth  

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Who cares. Fact is, Andy Irving has elbowed him out the way since that Alloa game, that’s the short version of what’s happened. 

Not sure why you're arguing with me here. 

All i'm saying is that our midfield is non existent and you would think Peter Haring starting in the middle would help. 

Not putting Irvine down, he's a great passer of the ball and maybe Neilson should get more out of him. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

hobbit at my work said that a lot of Hibs wins they have been pretty crap in games and to be honest if we were in the premiership we'd be sniffing around third/fourth  

The games I’ve seen they’ve carried a fair bit of luck, against us for example an offside goal and a dive for a penalty. 
As it’s been said they’re in the position they should be in, just hope they get papped out the cup next week. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not sure why you're arguing with me here. 

All i'm saying is that our midfield is non existent and you would think Peter Haring starting in the middle would help. 

Not putting Irvine down, he's a great passer of the ball and maybe Neilson should get more out of him. 

I think when he’s fully fit he will be, Irving is better a bit further forward where the angles for his passes are better. Lee creates a few chances every game as does Halliday without really taking the game by the scruff of the neck. I think RN is trying to squeeze them all in and play Walker etc, we still don’t have a distinct first 11 or formation to play them in. 

Also, just to be clear, i don't want Jack Ross as manager, my point was that he could have done a job for us at the time, since he was already on the books, but we got shot of him, carried on with the levein failure and then spent a fortune on Stendel, only to end up bottom of the league and get relegated. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Also, just to be clear, i don't want Jack Ross as manager, my point was that he could have done a job for us at the time, since he was already on the books, but we got shot of him, carried on with the levein failure and then spent a fortune on Stendel, only to end up bottom of the league and get relegated. 

At what time? 

Borders Jambo
21 minutes ago, DS98 said:

This and personally I find any admiration of Ross abhorrent.  Can't stand the guy.

23 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Wow wow wow 😂 got his pants pulled down nah stop, we narrowly got a win against hibs, and we couldn't do it in 90 minutes and we were more than lucky, thank God Nisbet, hibsed it pulled his pants down 😂😂 must of been just me that saw us defending and wasting time, to see the game out. 

Now i do know a guy that did do that 😏😉

A convincing win against hibs away from home. 

2 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

This and personally I find any admiration of Ross abhorrent.  Can't stand the guy.

What you talking about mate, i don't admire him, i'm just saying that he might have kept us up, who's knows, all i know is that we couldn't have done any worse at the time. 

disliking a guy doesn't make him shit. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )