Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Niemi’s gloves
57 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

What are you on about? Like what point are you making? I'm saying our nearest competitors haven't dominated the league by having low goal differences, so you're agreeing with me there? That the teams have been consistently poor against each other? Jesus, and totally ignore the point of being in an echo chamber. 

You absolutely reek of trolling, cheers for making yourself clear so I dont have to read anymore of your future .net screenshots. 

(1) My point, to repeat, is that goal differences in no way proves anything about the overall quality of the championship, other than to show that we were substantially better than the rest. 

(2) The echo chamber point applied mainly to this thread. More generally, it’s ironic that on a weekend when sport is boycotting social media,  you try to use social media posts as a fair reflection of the feelings of the average Hearts supporter.

(3) I have neve posted a screenshot of anything on JKB or indeed elsewhere. And expressing a contrary opinion does not constitute trolling.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Agreed, not relegation favourites
However, Budge will need to buck the trend if she is to move Hearts in the right direction. On top of that I just don't know what will appease an already dissatisfied and suspicious fanbase?
Neilson is treading water, and it's just a matter of time! People are growing impatient over the FoH handover timescale.
Just now there are far too many negatives not helped by the obvious disconnect between club and support.

For me there just isn't a feel good factor around Hearts just now.

I'm glad the season is over!

Agree with a lot of the above but I have decided not to get myself worked up over it now.

we will either start well or there will be no place to hide for anyone next season when the fans are back.

Niemi’s gloves
10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Nonsense if the vermin were in the championship this season we would have been shouting from the rooftops that it was one of the worst leagues in many years. Full of poor sides who couldn’t get the better of a poor Hearts side and none of them couldn’t even put a wee run of wins on the spin. Awful standard

We might well have been but as Jambopilms said in a post above, it’s baffling why our support want to talk down our own achievements. The reality however, is that the “worst league in many years” is simply a convenient assertion by Robbie haters. 

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

We might well have been but as Jambopilms said in a post above, it’s baffling why our support want to talk down our own achievements. The reality however, is that the “worst league in many years” is simply a convenient assertion by Robbie haters. 

I’m not a robbie hater I just think he isn’t the man to take us where most of us think we should be. We have won a league with only 27 games by 12 points playing turgid stuff a lot of the times, what does that say about the rest. He’s staying he will get my support but I really hope savage and co come up with a summer recruitment we all deserve as one of the biggest clubs in the country

Niemi’s gloves
6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I’m not a robbie hater I just think he isn’t the man to take us where most of us think we should be. We have won a league with only 27 games by 12 points playing turgid stuff a lot of the times, what does that say about the rest. He’s staying he will get my support but I really hope savage and co come up with a summer recruitment we all deserve as one of the biggest clubs in the country

I respect your right to feel he’s not the man; and I’m wholly on board with your last sentence.

SomethingAboutObua
20 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

(2) The echo chamber point applied mainly to this thread. More generally, it’s ironic that on a weekend when sport is boycotting social media,  you try to use social media posts as a fair reflection of the feelings of the average Hearts supporter.

Embarrassing. Godwins Laws just round the corner if you're conflating protesting the national problem of racist abuse online with Hearts fan opinions on twitter ffs. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

This is quite comfortably the worst championship since 2013, there is no debate. 2 part time teams, we're the only "Premiership" level club, there were meant to be 5 teams going for the playoffs instead, Ayr United nearly got relegated and Inverness had their manager take a leave of absence. Dunfermline were our nearest challengers and totally fell away in January, Dundee only got second because we beat Raith on the last day, who last year were part time but managed to be 2nd for much of this season. Every club has less money than they normally would and we have significantly more than the next nearest budget because we went on furlough and wage cuts etc so early. The next highest GD in the league is only plus 9, Dundee are second and conceded 40 goals in 27 matches. 

Other seasons have had 

Rangers and Hibs, Falkirk, United, St Mirren, Livingston, Ross County and Partick. We've got James McPakes Dundee and McGlynn's Raith Rovers. 

There is no contest that this is the weakest championship Hearts could have been in. 

Quality wise it is the worst for ages. It's also the worst Premiership for ages. The quality of football has been terrible across the board. Teams have made very few signings.

It's all relative though. There's a good argument for saying that the poor quality, on top of the pandemic issues, counted against us. Better teams would have attacked more and there would have been more open games.

Also, if the league had been of a better quality we would have strengthened more than we did. So it's a pointless discussion. The only thing that matters is we did what we needed to do and did it very comfortably - from day one it was never in doubt. I don't see a massive difference in quality between this Championship and the one Hibs won much less convincingly. They had some poor results like we did. But they didn't gub some teams the way we did. They scored 3 or more only 8 times in 36. We scored 3 or more 9 times in 27.

I would actually have preferred to have more teams willing to have a go in the league with us. 

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Odd habit our fans have off talking down our own achievements.

This season's league win, all the teams are shit.

Getting to pens in the cup final, but shit first half.

Beat Hibs in a semi, but 2-2 5 years ago.

Previous year cup final, only beat shit teams to get there.

Finishing 3rd, missing rangers and Hibs though.

Odd bunch. Why bother if you take no joy from it at all. Hopefully the chronically angry will get tired soon and give it a rest until we draw our first pre season match.

Best post I’ve seen on here in years, bravo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Opinion, opinion, opinion. 

Sure, we won it previously under Nielsen with 2 big name clubs in the league.  But any other season? Not for me. Teams go up and down in their standing in football but you produce a random list, two of which are currently in league one. And taken as a group, Livingston, St Mirren and Ross County are no more naturally tough opponents than Dundee, ICT, and Dunfermline. 

Far from “no contest” it’s an opinion, in most cases held because it suits an agenda. 

Dundee, Dunfermline and ICT are arguably bigger teams than Livvy, St Mirren and Ross County.They're definfitely all historically bigger clubs. Those 6 could all swap places and the Premiership would see no drop in quality and the Championship would not be considered stronger. The 3 promoted clubs would simply take the extra money and strengthen and the three relegated would have to cut their cloth significantly.

Greedy Jambo

The six biggest teams in Scotland are all in the premiership for the first time in 10 years. 

Should be a good year for Scottish football. 

4 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

This is quite comfortably the worst championship since 2013, there is no debate. 2 part time teams, we're the only "Premiership" level club, there were meant to be 5 teams going for the playoffs instead, Ayr United nearly got relegated and Inverness had their manager take a leave of absence. Dunfermline were our nearest challengers and totally fell away in January, Dundee only got second because we beat Raith on the last day, who last year were part time but managed to be 2nd for much of this season. Every club has less money than they normally would and we have significantly more than the next nearest budget because we went on furlough and wage cuts etc so early. The next highest GD in the league is only plus 9, Dundee are second and conceded 40 goals in 27 matches. 

Other seasons have had 

Rangers and Hibs, Falkirk, United, St Mirren, Livingston, Ross County and Partick. We've got James McPakes Dundee and McGlynn's Raith Rovers. 

There is no contest that this is the weakest championship Hearts could have been in. 

Of course it is!  Just excuses from the happy clapper brigade.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dundee, Dunfermline and ICT are arguably bigger teams than Livvy, St Mirren and Ross County.They're definfitely all historically bigger clubs. Those 6 could all swap places and the Premiership would see no drop in quality and the Championship would not be considered stronger. The 3 promoted clubs would simply take the extra money and strengthen and the three relegated would have to cut their cloth significantly.

No way are Dundee, Raith or Dunfermline wining the play off against the Premier team.

Mars plastic
6 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

I didn't suffer,  not embarrassed.

Can't imagine why the club would be embarrassed either.

It's done, gone. 

That’s because you’re a weapons grade oddball. 

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

If logic, consistency, desire for fact over opinion and, most importantly, a preference for supporting Hearts over persistent negativity constitute “drivel” then ok, I post drivel.

Absolute shite. You post your opinion. We all support Hearts but the negativity is a consequence of poor football, performances and results of the team over the last few years, the mismanagement of the club and the team. You are one of the Neilson apologists who accept all this

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Absolute shite. You post your opinion. We all support Hearts but the negativity is a consequence of poor football, performances and results of the team over the last few years, the mismanagement of the club and the team. You are one of the Neilson apologists who accept all this

:greatpost:

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No way are Dundee, Raith or Dunfermline wining the play off against the Premier team.

Fully expecting one of them to do a Hamilton 13/14.

17 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Spot on! 👍

Hashimoto
13 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Well said that man.

No wonder Budge feels she get's away with the crap she has served up this past 6 years when there are so many in our support who are happy to accept mediocracy and false promises.

6 years of one abject failure after another with absolutely no accountability. No one in house to call her out, or challenge her pi$$ poor decision making. 
Wake up folks!.....Nothing exciting is going to happen on the Budge / Neilson watch.

Niemi’s gloves
12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is there an equivalent flashy thingy for shite post?

Were Raith not full time in League 1? I thought them and Partick were the only League 1 full time clubs. Raith tried to tie up Kenny Miller last season.

The Real Maroonblood

Is there an equivalent flashy thingy for shite post?

:laugh2:

Niemi’s gloves
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

24 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Spot on! 👍

3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Well said that man.

No wonder Budge feels she get's away with the crap she has served up this past 6 years when there are so many in our support who are happy to accept mediocracy and false promises.

6 years of one abject failure after another with absolutely no accountability. No one in house to call her out, or challenge her pi$$ poor decision making. 
Wake up folks!.....Nothing exciting is going to happen on the Budge / Neilson watch.

Pretty much sums up my view that this thread is largely composed of a narrow group who are ready to act as a pack against anyone who dares to express a contrary view or challenge an unjustified assertion

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Well said that man.

Two very exciting Scottish Cup finals in two years (people are quite blasé about that but we've only been to 16 finals in our entire history and never two in a row), one of the best starts we've made to a league campaign many a year in 18/19, the first Championship season, securing 3rd first season back were all exciting, no? It's not all bad FFS.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Nonsense if the vermin were in the championship this season we would have been shouting from the rooftops that it was one of the worst leagues in many years. Full of poor sides who couldn’t get the better of a poor Hearts side and none of them couldn’t even put a wee run of wins on the spin. Awful standard

Competitive.

We won it easily, hibs never, taken them 3 attempts.

Hashimoto
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

Pretty much sums up my view that this thread is largely composed of a narrow group who are ready to act as a pack against anyone who dares to express a contrary view or challenge an unjustified assertion

No, you're wrong again!

It's not a narrow group...Try reading the room? This isn't just a few disgruntled fans who climbed scaffolding to put a banner up, or stand and protest on the plaza during during lockdown. 
It's convenient for you and some other to just dismiss this as some kind of minor irritation.....it is not!

I respect your views, they might differ from mine. but I respect them none the less.....
But surely we must all agree that this mismanagement of Hearts has got to stop sooner rather than later.

Clerry Jambo
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Competitive.

We won it easily, hibs never, taken them 3 attempts.

Standard happy clapper retort “it took Hibs 3 attempts”. How can you justify cup defeats by Alloa and Brora in same season 

Hashimoto
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Two very exciting Scottish Cup finals in two years (people are quite blasé about that but we've only been to 16 finals in our entire history and never two in a row), one of the best starts we've made to a league campaign many a year in 18/19, the first Championship season, securing 3rd first season back were all exciting, no? It's not all bad FFS.

Toque...I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll even go as far as to say that you are truly a bloody good loyal Hearts supporter.
But what is it going to take for you to say "enough is enough?"
Some of us bloody good Hearts supporters have already reached that threshold, and have decided that it's time to speak out.

It's does absolutely no good for Hearts supporters to be at each others throats, constant slagging...etc.
But we all want Hearts to return to the good old days days when we were actually known as a football club with an intimidating ground and support to match! 
Unfortunately some of us, call us narrow minded if you like cannot see the day any time soon when Budge & Neilson returns us to being a powerful, intimidating Scottish team again.
After all she has been trying for 6-years now. 

Mars plastic
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are you actually at the lash? :rofl:

Niemi’s gloves
22 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

No, you're wrong again!

It's not a narrow group...Try reading the room? This isn't just a few disgruntled fans who climbed scaffolding to put a banner up, or stand and protest on the plaza during during lockdown. 
It's convenient for you and some other to just dismiss this as some kind of minor irritation.....it is not!

I respect your views, they might differ from mine. but I respect them none the less.....
But surely we must all agree that this mismanagement of Hearts has got to stop sooner rather than later.

There’s no easy way to say what the overall mood of Hearts fans is. I think that most feel it hasn’t been great, some good bits some bad, but we’re back where we belong in the Premier and for now let’s see what signings are made and how we get on next season. I’m fairly sure that the hard-line Neilson/Budge out line is no where near as strong among the support as a whole as it appears on this thread. 

On “mismanagement” I’m not sure if you are talking about the team (by Robbie presumably) or of the club (AB).

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Bull's-eye
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

That’s because you’re a weapons grade oddball. 

The keyboard hard man has thrown a left hook  :rofl:

ouch

9 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

There’s no easy way to say what the overall mood of Hearts fans is. I think that most feel it hasn’t been great, some good bits some bad, but we’re back where we belong in the Premier and for now let’s see what signings are made and how we get on next season. I’m fairly sure that the hard-line Neilson/Budge out line is no where near as strong among the support as a whole as it appears on this thread. 

On “mismanagement” I’m not sure if you are talking about the team (by Robbie presumably) or of the club (AB).

I would say it is stronger.

Very little fans would shed a tear if he was sacked tomorrow, many many more will have a grievance if he is still in charge for next season. Most Neilson fans would accept this is the case.

Most fans would agree that is not the ideal way to go into a new season.

Edited by Gambo

39 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Narrow group??? 75% wanted Neilson out on recent polls on here!

Hashimoto

There’s no easy way to say what the overall mood of Hearts fans is. I think that most feel it hasn’t been great, some good bits some bad, but we’re back where we belong in the Premier and for now let’s see what signings are made and how we get on next season. I’m fairly sure that the hard-line Neilson/Budge out line is no where near as strong as among the support as a whole as it appears on this thread. 

As you know I don't have the numbers to back up my argument. But what is indisputable is the very large number currently dissatisfied by events at Tynecastle.
Back where we belong?.....Hearts should never be in a situation where our position in the top league is in jeopardy. But that has happened under Ann Budge...She has slept walked into this situation. that hopefully has answered your last question? 

However, you like me cannot tell how strong the feeling is amongst the support. I can only go with what I hear and read, And unfortunately for Budge and Neilson there are not many plaudits being handed out just now.

NANOJAMBO
1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Name them then. It should you take a couple of minutes. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

gregzy2k7
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The six biggest teams in Scotland are all in the premiership for the first time in 10 years. 

Should be a good year for Scottish football. 

Yeah thats a good point, hopefully it brings the overall quality up, as much as i hate dungdee, would be good to have the dee derby in the top flight as well as the edinburgh and glasgow derbys, chance to pump mcjake again next season inawl!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Standard happy clapper retort “it took Hibs 3 attempts”. How can you justify cup defeats by Alloa and Brora in same season 

I don't.

It was shite

Bazzas right boot

Last Manager to get us top 3

Last manager to get us above any of the OF

Cup winner

Hearts man

Unlucky this year not to be a cup winner as manager

Taken us by the scruff of the neck and got us promoted after a bad few years

Pissed the Championship- again

He has reversed the sinking the ship, job is not completed tho- as shown by the cup results, but he has turned the the tanker round. Players are happy, JJ is happy, Savage is happy.

Hopefully he's not hounded out like last time by plane hirers and bed sheet hangers and he can complete the job he started last time, unlikely he'll  as he's obviously aware of the game some groups play, if anything he has a thicker skin now.

Bobmeister In!

mods- if need be merge the negative Robbie oot thread into this.

Howdy Doody Jambo

He is not winning the fan's back 

If he was wise he would leave now while having achieved promotion as Levein should have after the cup final while he still had some credit with the support 

Brora and Alloa in the cup's finished him 

Souttar has probably saved his job 

Is he away yet?

Sooner the better, a couple of half decent performances recently doesn't cut the mustard, sorry. No coming back from the negative results and utter dross served up in between. 

gregzy2k7
45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't.

It was shite

It was very shite

The brora one was incredibly poor/embarassing. 

Other managers have been sacked for less tbf.

If RN remains, which now looks likely he must do a lot better in the cups next season or the fan pressure for him to go will be too much imo.

Good, thought provoking OP.  I take issue with you saying he was unlucky not to be a Cup winning manager.  Our first half performance that day was utterly attrocious.

I think he should go but if he's staying I desperately want him to succeed.  Repeated eye bleeding, nervous, defensive performances and he has to go.  I hope his contract reflects that.

Bad Religion

Tosh, Toque and co. Utter nerds of the highest order. Worst Hearts supporters ever. 

Hope they disappear when Robbie and Ann do. 

1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

OP = Troll

Yes, thread posted purely for the wind up, even though he’s thick as pigshit he knows how this will go.