• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

The Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll be sitting tap o' the league by then, why we sacking anyone? 

We have previous of doing that :berra:

jambonian
3 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Good post.

I've been trying to understand why Stendel wasn't shown the same level of patience that everyone else got, especially considering we were on a full-on nose dive when he took over the rudder. Was it because he's not Scottish (as I've heard it said that foreign managers can't understand the Scottish game)? Was it because he's not a former Hearts player? It seemed inconsistent to me. Safety. 

Stendel came in, took a look around the players and said he was shocked at the condition of the players for a professional club. He'd worked out the wheat from the chaff and the comfort-zoners like Mulraney, Whelan and Berra were shown the door. I'll always remember Mulraney coming out at Fir Park (i think it was) wearing his headphones....for a warm-up. It was in the same game he was ignoring Stendel's instructions while gesturing, mouthing off and disrespecting him. Stendel was under unfair pressure from the start. He wanted to change things, the training the style and some players weren't signed to play under his preferred system. Then he still had Levein watching every move he made, a man with no morals or respect for HMFC. I still find it rather weird that he was still hanging about after being sacked. Why would anyone want to do that unless there was an ulterior motive? I have my suspicions. Stendel couldn't bring in his own coaching team straight away and chose Andy Kirk to help him out. Out of all of them, Kirk was the only person he said he could trust. That says quite a lot to me and also might suggest a bit of back-stabbing and whispering going on. There was something not quite right about the whole set-up. 

Stendel  ruffled a few feathers (and rightly so) and some folk couldn't handle, or didn't want to handle it.

Edited by jambonian

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

We have previous of doing that :berra:

:yas:

portobellojambo1
8 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Regardless of where you stand on the Neilson debate (I would prefer he went) the fact is he is going to be here for start of next season.  The return of Souttar and an upsurge in GMS form has probably bought him time.  The problem for me is he will always be marmite.  First bad result will alienate him with majority of fans.  I would rather we were going in to the season with someone the fans were 100% behind.  

I agree with you. Some of those who have spoken up on here in favour of Neilson have said that if we have a bad start then things may then change. The only problem I foresee with that is that it would mean that part way through the season someone else would come in with different ideas and may also be looking for a change in playing personnel. That in turn will mean it will be a catchup situation, whereas I'd prefer to see the management change at the start of the season so the new manager would also be involved in the arrival of any players he/she feels will be needed to make sure we start the season as we intend to go forward, without having to make changes part way through

tynewater
15 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Stendel came in, took a look around the players and said he was shocked at the condition of the players for a professional club. He'd worked out the wheat from the chaff and the comfort-zoners like Mulraney, Whelan and Berra were shown the door. I'll always remember Mulraney coming out at Fir Park (i think it was) wearing his headphones....for a warm-up. It was in the same game he was ignoring Stendel's instructions while gesturing, mouthing off and disrespecting him. Stendel was under unfair pressure from the start. He wanted to change things, the training the style and some players weren't signed to play under his preferred system. Then he still had Levein watching every move he made, a man with no morals or respect for HMFC. I still find it rather weird that he was still hanging about after being sacked. Why would anyone want to do that unless there was an ulterior motive? I have my suspicions. Stendel couldn't bring in his own coaching team straight away and chose Andy Kirk to help him out. Out of all of them, Kirk was the only person he said he could trust. That says quite a lot to me and also might suggest a bit of back-stabbing and whispering going on. There was something not quite right about the whole set-up. 

Stendel  ruffled a few feathers (and rightly so) and some folk couldn't handle, or didn't want to handle it.

May I refer you to the footballing shambles we were in the 3-2 home defeat to Kilmarnock under Stendel  late last season, in what was a crucial game against another side at the lower end of the league? Outplayed throughput by a workmanlike team, we looked lost and clueless, badly organised and bereft of any attacking or defensive strategy. 3-0 down until a late rally following a sending off and penalty, we looked like a team heading for relegation.

Totally agree Stendel faced a difficult job, totally disagree he showed he knew how to do it. I really feel you and many others on here are re-writing history to suit your dislike of Robbie and Anne. Letting him manage us for another season was too big a risk for any sane owner to take, particularly given the shortened season and pandemic uncertainties around. Our season could have been called after just a few games, as happened in the Highland and Lowland leagues. We didn't have even half a dozen games to start getting it right, we had to hit the ground running.

Stendel wasn't sacked/removed because he was shaking up a complacent and corrupt footballing management, but because he'd already had an opportunity and failed.

7 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with you. Some of those who have spoken up on here in favour of Neilson have said that if we have a bad start then things may then change. The only problem I foresee with that is that it would mean that part way through the season someone else would come in with different ideas and may also be looking for a change in playing personnel. That in turn will mean it will be a catchup situation, whereas I'd prefer to see the management change at the start of the season so the new manager would also be involved in the arrival of any players he/she feels will be needed to make sure we start the season as we intend to go forward, without having to make changes part way through

I think the idea of different ideas etc is against what JS is/should be looking to do. Im sure it was mentioned he will looking to bring players in to suit a style all through the club. Something we were/should have been doing originally but got lost after the mess Cathro made.

Hashimoto
24 minutes ago, tynewater said:

May I refer you to the footballing shambles we were in the 3-2 home defeat to Kilmarnock under Stendel  late last season, in what was a crucial game against another side at the lower end of the league? Outplayed throughput by a workmanlike team, we looked lost and clueless, badly organised and bereft of any attacking or defensive strategy. 3-0 down until a late rally following a sending off and penalty, we looked like a team heading for relegation.

Totally agree Stendel faced a difficult job, totally disagree he showed he knew how to do it. I really feel you and many others on here are re-writing history to suit your dislike of Robbie and Anne. Letting him manage us for another season was too big a risk for any sane owner to take, particularly given the shortened season and pandemic uncertainties around. Our season could have been called after just a few games, as happened in the Highland and Lowland leagues. We didn't have even half a dozen games to start getting it right, we had to hit the ground running.

Stendel wasn't sacked/removed because he was shaking up a complacent and corrupt footballing management, but because he'd already had an opportunity and failed.

Where to start?

17 games the guy got......Team was well down the slippery slope and in rapid freefall whilst the "control freak" club owner was away cruising!
For the record, and not wanting to reopen an already well documented Stendel debate......This Levein managed Hearts team couldn't buy a result. The rot had well and truly set in. Bloody hell, I doubt even Pep would have saved us!
Let's move on from blaming Stendel. Try looking at the real reason for why Hearts have found themselves playing in the basement of Scottish football.

And whilst you're at.....Let's start cataloguing Ann Budge's footballing achievements since she took on ownership?

I'll start........

(BLANK PAGE)

Edited by Hashimoto

bobby bombscare

Posted this in a similar thread but thought i'd post it here too.

I honestly think the problem is so much more deep rooted than the manager. Hearts as a club cannot afford to just pay off contracts. We need to let the contracts run down, or we need to get the player to want to end the contract. It is not financially viable (or good business) for any club really to pay off contracts early. So over the past 2 seasons, we have had 4 managers stuck with what is essentially the same core squad of passengers and wage thieves. Not one of them could get a consistent run of results from this and that is because, regardless of how good the coaching, formations, fitness, facilities etc. are. You will never win anything with a group of players who are happy to lose every week and pick up a wage. This summer will be the first time the club has a chance to get rid of the some of them! And even then, only some of them. Some are still contracted till 2022 and some (Damour) are practically here for the first half of the decade. These are not players any manager probably wanted. But at this level, you have to make the most of the crap you have until they can be shifted on. 

It will be another season still before we clear out CL's mess! But this season, we need to recruit well and make sure the players we bring in are hungry and wanting to progress their careers! Not winding their careers down as they head into their 30's. Whenever hearts have a had a really good squad and won anything of significance, they have had a starting 11 of almost exclusively the following players: Young, hungry players wanting to get a big money move or establish their place in the team or older players who love the club and play for the jersey. How many players in the squad over recent times have been either of those? Naisy is neither of those, Halkett is neither of those, Aidy White is neither of those.... 

What i can say, is that some of those brought in (i will admit only some):

Kingsley - Looking for a move to a bigger club. Has something to play for.

Ginelley - Looking to get his career back on track after a torrid time with injuries. Has something to play for.

McEneff - Looking to establish himself and progress his career if he can get a move. Has something to play for. 

You add to that, souttar and harring coming back trying to save their careers after horror injuries and you start to have a team that wants to go and win. 

Whereas you look at who's left (and who's leaving) and what motivation they had to give it their all..... Naisy is considering retirement after winning the championship trophy, looking for a high to finish his career on. Damour, happy not to play for almost 2 years but was happy to be picking up a wage every week while not even attending training...

I'm not saying there's still things that arent right but you can make all the changes you want. Fundamentally, it's not going to make any difference who is brought in or who is sacked while the players Levein allowed in are still sucking the club dry. 

Right now, we are moving in the right direction and until such time as we aren't, I'll let RN stay.

HighTimes
4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It was mainly because he started telling SuperGran and the players some home truths and Budge didn’t like it being pointed out that she was presiding over a shambles. Much easier to get the yes men in, given that Budge is not really arsed about results anyway. 

Exactly this.

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You’ll have another Hibs cup win to celebrate, so I guess that’s your year made again.

It’ll be another “decent result” for him

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It was mainly because he started telling SuperGran and the players some home truths and Budge didn’t like it being pointed out that she was presiding over a shambles. Much easier to get the yes men in, given that Budge is not really arsed about results anyway. 

It was certainly impressive how Budge single handedly started a global pandemic as a way to get rid of a manager who was saying things she didn't like.

Meanwhile, back in the real world there are no definitive quotes that show Stendel was willing to return to manage Hearts in June. There are quotes from him and his agent saying he would LIKE to manage Hearts again but that he needed guarantees about when the league was starting, what league they'd be in and what the 3 year plan was (ie how much money could he spend).

So, instead of waiting for Stendel to make his mind up, we found a manager who was willing to manage Hearts despite not knowing what league we'd be in, when it would start, how many games it would be, and how much money he'd have to spend.

From his agent on June 15th: "As long as there's not a final decision about reconstruction or whether Hearts stay in the Premiership, we [the agent and Stendel] cannot do anything but wait."

June 21st - Neilson appointed. Of course we couldn't wait any longer or provide Stendel with guarantees. That suggests he was very lukewarm about managing us in hte championship. He never once came out and said he'd come back no matter the situation with reconstruction, etc. Neilson meanwhile loved the club so much he wanted to take the job with all that uncertainty, despite having a safe job at D Utd.

It is possible Budge simply took the opportunity to bin Stendel and bring in someone more likely to do the job in the Championship (don't blame her - I think we were all relieved when Neilson arrived - it guaranteed promotion as who knows what Stendel would have done in that league), but it's not definite. We needed a manager in June and Stendel was clearly not willing to return because of the situation we were in then.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Posted this in a similar thread but thought i'd post it here too.

I honestly think the problem is so much more deep rooted than the manager. Hearts as a club cannot afford to just pay off contracts. We need to let the contracts run down, or we need to get the player to want to end the contract. It is not financially viable (or good business) for any club really to pay off contracts early. So over the past 2 seasons, we have had 4 managers stuck with what is essentially the same core squad of passengers and wage thieves. Not one of them could get a consistent run of results from this and that is because, regardless of how good the coaching, formations, fitness, facilities etc. are. You will never win anything with a group of players who are happy to lose every week and pick up a wage. This summer will be the first time the club has a chance to get rid of the some of them! And even then, only some of them. Some are still contracted till 2022 and some (Damour) are practically here for the first half of the decade. These are not players any manager probably wanted. But at this level, you have to make the most of the crap you have until they can be shifted on. 

It will be another season still before we clear out CL's mess! But this season, we need to recruit well and make sure the players we bring in are hungry and wanting to progress their careers! Not winding their careers down as they head into their 30's. Whenever hearts have a had a really good squad and won anything of significance, they have had a starting 11 of almost exclusively the following players: Young, hungry players wanting to get a big money move or establish their place in the team or older players who love the club and play for the jersey. How many players in the squad over recent times have been either of those? Naisy is neither of those, Halkett is neither of those, Aidy White is neither of those.... 

What i can say, is that some of those brought in (i will admit only some):

Ginelley - Looking to get his career back on track after a torrid time with injuries. Has something to play for.

McEneff - Looking to establish himself and progress his career if he can get a move. Has something to play for. 

You add to that, souttar and harring coming back trying to save their careers after horror injuries and you start to have a team that wants to go and win. 

Whereas you look at who's left (and who's leaving) and what motivation they had to give it their all..... Naisy is considering retirement after winning the championship trophy, looking for a high to finish his career on. Damour, happy not to play for almost 2 years but was happy to be picking up a wage every week while not even attending training...

I'm not saying there's still things that arent right but you can make all the changes you want. Fundamentally, it's not going to make any difference who is brought in or who is sacked while the players Levein allowed in are still sucking the club dry. 

Right now, we are moving in the right direction and until such time as we aren't, I'll let RN stay.

Good post. But, re Demour ... I have been told he’s keen to play but has been shut out. RN isn’t allowed to have him in the squad / training group. Decision apparently comes from above. Given our injuries at times this season and cup ties we’ve had, he could / should have been in the team / squad . I doubt he’s choosing to train with the 18’s. 

That said, I look forward to freeing up his wage. 

Guest ToqueJambo
23 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And it is also what Budge is banking on, i.e. being back at Tynecastle outweighs who is in the dugout.

Meantime, those of us seeing Neilson 21/22 being a re-run of Levein just shake our heads at the lack of lessons learned. Still, keep funding FoH to, er, do something, maybe.

On the flip side maybe he'll provide a rerun of Neilson 14/15, 15/16 and first half 16/17 or start the season like Levein 18/19? Not a single one of us thought we'd dominate in 14/15 the way we did or adapt to the Prem so quickly first season back. And no-one thought we'd start 18/19 the way we did. Amazing how everyone can predict the future now though.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Not every signing is ever going to be good, but the positives for me are that Neilson is strengthening or planning to strengthen every area we've been weak in for the last 2-3 seasons: Pace and width, midfield dynamism, goalie, LB and central defence. He also signed more leaders on the pitch, although that made some of this season especially disappointing as they let us down several times.

Levein and Stendel both did a terrible job of building a balanced team. Levein forgot to buy wingers, allowed us to decline in the goalie area, didn't replace Djoum, and only eventually solved the LB area with a kid. In defence he put far too much faith in an obviously declining Berra and in terms of leaders in the team he put far too much on Naismith's head. Stendel completely failed to address the lack of width and midfield dynamism, goalie position and the lack of pace in the team in the January window.

The encouraging thing is Neilson is (slowly and with a bit of trial and error this season, and maybe that was a calculated risk on his part) strengthening exactly where we need to strengthen. There will be way less room for error next season but he has Savage to help him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

On the flip side maybe he'll provide a rerun of Neilson 14/15, 15/16 and first half 16/17 or start the season like Levein 18/19? Not a single one of us thought we'd dominate in 14/15 the way we did or adapt to the Prem so quickly first season back. And no-one thought we'd start 18/19 the way we did. Amazing how everyone can predict the future now though.

The difference being that in 15/16, we had a team with momentum. That petered out with "moneyspinners". This time, we don't even have that momentum.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The difference being that in 15/16, we had a team with momentum. That petered out with "moneyspinners". This time, we don't even have that momentum.

I can recall plenty seasons when we had exactly zero "momentum" going into the new season. Most of them in fact. Every season is a new one not a run on from the previous one.

The start to 18/19 following the very poor ending to 17/18 (in a poor season overall) was probably the biggest recent example of that. We'd lost 4 of our last 5 games the previous season. We then went unbeaten in 13 the following season, including winning our first 5 on the trot in the league including Celtic, with a manager many wanted gone. Football eh?

Agentjambo
Just now, pointon said:

You are an absolute Charlton you are trying to hard every time you post 

Bobby or Jack?

Des Lynam
23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would be happy with 15/16 LEAGUE season next year. Whatever happens next season the gloves are off!! 🤣 No more ****ing about. There will be no more chances from those that run the club. If we are back in it will be a bear pit. I hope we never change from being horrible in demanding success for this club.

I admire your unyielding position of positivity surrounding Hearts though. 

PS We finished 6th in 18/19. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I would be happy with 15/16 LEAGUE season next year. Whatever happens next season the gloves are off!! 🤣 No more ****ing about. There will be no more chances from those that run the club. If we are back in it will be a bear pit. I hope we never change from being horrible in demanding success for this club.

I admire your unyielding position of positivity surrounding Hearts though. 

PS We finished 6th in 18/19. 

Far too many other things to get angry about. People who eat crisps too loudly for example.

We did indeed finish 6th. A hellish season for injuries you have to admit though? Felt sorry for Levein and that probably clouded my judgement of him. I thought he'd be able to turn it around again but the Cup Final proved a false dawn. Totally wrong on that one. Although he wasn't exactly helped by injuries the following season either. Unless all the injured players were pretending, because it was strange too many of them miraculously recovered the moment Stendel arrived, not that he did any better with them. All I know is the relentless negativity from some fans didn't help matters. Would be good if everyone recognised it's a new seasons and got behind the team and manager from the start instead of counting the days until he fails, which he will eventually.

Saint Jambo

Every time I come on a thread like this where Stendel is being discussed, I torture myself by going and checking the latest results from his new club. Winning games with the kind of exciting, attacking football we can only dream of. How could Budge not see what everyone else in football can see? The guy is destined for greatness. Our loss is definitely his new club's gain.

Now back to Neilson...

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Far too many other things to get angry about. People who eat crisps too loudly for example.

We did indeed finish 6th. A hellish season for injuries you have to admit though? Felt sorry for Levein and that probably clouded my judgement of him. I thought he'd be able to turn it around again but the Cup Final proved a false dawn. Totally wrong on that one. Although he wasn't exactly helped by injuries the following season either. Unless all the injured players were pretending, because it was strange too many of them miraculously recovered the moment Stendel arrived, not that he did any better with them. All I know is the relentless negativity from some fans didn't help matters. Would be good if everyone recognised it's a new seasons and got behind the team and manager from the start instead of counting the days until he fails, which he will eventually.

People eating crisps loudly. .. 

tumblr_nj4touD3SA1tsrk9mo1_400.gif

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

People eating crisps loudly. .. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Every time I come on a thread like this where Stendel is being discussed, I torture myself by going and checking the latest results from his new club. Winning games with the kind of exciting, attacking football we can only dream of. How could Budge not see what everyone else in football can see? The guy is destined for greatness. Our loss is definitely his new club's gain.

Now back to Neilson...

Very likeable guy. No idea if he's really a manager or not though. At least with Cathro we got definitive proof he's not one and with Levein that he's not one any more. Robbie I guess we'll find out more next season. 

Hopefully Daniel "we don't need a goalkeeper at the moment" Stendel gets a job soon and gegenpresses the shit out of whatever league he's in. If he needs a sweeper keeper, he knows who to call.

10 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Like most on here I want Neilson gone as I don't expect much improvement from what we have witnessed over the past few years. Unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for next season and we will be back to square one pushing Budge to make a decision again in an effort to maintain our position in the league. However, irrespective of the potential for poor performances in the coming season, Neilson should have been shown the door for the Alloa and Brora defeats alone. Both were and are in my opinion sackable results for a Hearts manager. When you consider the figures produced in the FOH Thread that Hearts fans have contributed close to £12 million over the past 6 years surely as a fan base we can accept more in return. Budge has presided over several failed managers who in turn have recruited close to 100 players the vast majority of which are not of the standard expected at Hearts hence why we have witnessed poor football and eventual relegation. The only way to start with a clean slate is for Budge to relieve Neilson of his duties and bring a more capable replacement in. 

Our support is being, ignored and disrespected regarding Robbie Neilson staying as manager of Hearts. Can the vast majority of our support be wrong about Ann’s blue eyed boy, I don’t think so. What will it take to get action on getting what our support want on this major problem because this manager is incapable of being a success with Hearts. There are far better managers out there and I’d go for Neil the ex PNE manager.

Edited by mitch41

Arthur Morgan

Let's be honest, he's going nowhere, so we have no choice but to get behind him and the team for next season. I too want him gone, but that's not going to happen any time soon, so let's move on for now. All this constant moaning is getting tiresome tbh.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Let's be honest, he's going nowhere, so we have no choice but to get behind him and the team for next season. I too want him gone, but that's not going to happen any time soon, so let's move on for now. All this constant moaning is getting tiresome tbh.

I don’t think a lot of it is moaning for the sake of it. Concerns that we haven’t learned any lessons in the last six or so years isn’t moaning, just a fear that we may be about to repeat those same mistakes. A very real fear.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Us being constantly shit is far more tiresome

10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Our support is being, ignored and disrespected regarding Robbie Neilson staying as manager of Hearts. Can the vast majority of our support be wrong about Ann’s blue eyed boy, I don’t think so. What will it take to get action on getting what our support want on this major problem because this manager is incapable of being a success with Hearts. There are far better managers out there.

Sums it up for me.

Jamhammer
19 hours ago, jambonian said:

This pretty much sums up where the club were when he took over. A former manager hanging about like a bad smell.

Senior players running, well jogging rings round the owner, journeymen believing they were better than the manager.

He was on a hiding to nothing. The “right guy at the wrong time” chat is probably about right.

AB obviously didn’t get on with him. You can see that in the documentary.

Had he come in preseason, with his own staff and brought in players to suit what he wanted to do who knows?

What I DO know is some of those players should be ashamed of themselves 

Geoff Kilpatrick

So Ross Stewart signs a permanent deal. The Neilson "revamp" begins. :rolleyes:

jambonian
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yip. A third/fourth choice Livy keeper. He isn't giving Premier-experienced Logan a deal but he's interested in a League 1  Forfar defender. The excitement is over-whelming.

jambonian
17 hours ago, tynewater said:

Firstly, i don't dislike Robbie or Ann for that matter. There's a difference between disliking someone and feeling they are not doing the best for our club. To your point after that...."letting him manage etc....she let Levein carry on managing after we were slapped 5-0 at Livingston. There's not a lot of difference. Had she got rid of him then we may not have carried on getting worse and worse right up until he was eventually sacked anyway....a couple of years later. You mention being outplayed....we were regularly outplayed by all types of teams. Our win ratio through 2019 was something like 3, maybe 4 in a year. I said when Stendel came in he would need around 18 months to sort this team out. He was given less than 16 weeks. Whether or not he could've stopped us from being relegated....er i mean, demoted we'll never know. 4 points behind with 24 to play for, anything could've happened. It wasn't Stendel that failed, it was Levein and his near four years of mess, plus covid that failed us. I'll stick the name Stendel in the "unproven" bracket rather than "failed" as it was an unfair position to be judged on.

OmiyaHearts
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Has this tramp been booted yet?

He's in the paper today saying we're in a brilliant position. That's where we are just now; a manager the fans don't want, who's spending time winding up the fans in the paper. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Our support is being, ignored and disrespected regarding Robbie Neilson staying as manager of Hearts. Can the vast majority of our support be wrong about Ann’s blue eyed boy, I don’t think so. What will it take to get action on getting what our support want on this major problem because this manager is incapable of being a success with Hearts. There are far better managers out there and I’d go for Neil the ex PNE manager.

Do you actually feel disrespected? 

Tasavallan
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Yip. A third/fourth choice Livy keeper. He isn't giving Premier-experienced Logan a deal but he's interested in a League 1  Forfar defender. The excitement is over-whelming.

I is so underwhelmed at the moment.  I do not expect Joe Savage will bring in any marquee signings.  Much same old, same old.

Top 4 - NO

Top 6 - MEH

Bottom 6 - Probably

Bottom 2 - Likely

Edited by Tasavallan

jambonian
Just now, Tasavallan said:

I is so underwhelmed at the moment.  I do not expect Joe Savage will bring in any marquee signings.  Much same old, same old.

The market Savage is familiar with is lower League so yes, i don't expect anyone in that'll excite the fans. I expect a few to be moved on and replaced with similar, and the cycle goes on. 

Nookie Bear
26 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Wonderful. 🙄

78FFD439-85A9-4FED-A255-F6BB2836D065.jpeg

Slightly misleading headline as he says he will work on formations in the pre season. 

It’ll be fiiiiine 😁

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He's in the paper today saying we're in a brilliant position. That's where we are just now; a manager the fans don't want, who's spending time winding up the fans in the paper. 

Selective  :lol:

Brilliant position off the pitch not on it he said. 

Basically why he will be staying,  so long as people make up their own shit, it looks all the more unreasonable and nobody worth their salt gives into rage

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Wonderful. 🙄

78FFD439-85A9-4FED-A255-F6BB2836D065.jpeg

the kicker is - every formation will involve switching the wingers every 10 mins. 😂

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

That puff piece makes him sound like a young SAF.

It's Fantasy Island stuff.

All the problems - 1 game (Brora) in his opinion - stem from fans being frustrated at having to watch streams on a laptop, he's giving youth a chance by having Finlay Pollock on the bench for the last 2 games and it's just a small "element" of fans that want him out, despite him having a worse approval rating on here than Craig Levein ever managed.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Who would you suggest we sign to be our 2nd and possibly third choice goalie given Stone's potential?

Neilson can't win. On the "new manager incoming" thread (that I'm banned from for being too awesome), folk are moaning about not signing a 34 year old full back and Neilson is being criticised for saying he'd rather promote youth. As we saw with Berra, and somewhat with Naismith, an older player's form can drop off a cliff very quickly and one injury can finish them. We need to get the average age down and signing Logan would not do that.

Folk moaned, rightly, about the likes of Cammy Logan not getting a chance last season. This decision sends a message to the youngsters surely?

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, iainmac said:

That puff piece makes him sound like a young SAF.

It's Fantasy Island stuff.

All the problems - 1 game (Brora) in his opinion - stem from fans being frustrated at having to watch streams on a laptop, he's giving youth a chance by having Finlay Pollock on the bench for the last 2 games and it's just a small "element" of fans that want him out, despite him having a worse approval rating on here than Craig Levein ever managed.

Are they supposed to just publish "Phoodle Out" or something?

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the kicker is - every formation will involve switching the wingers every 10 mins. 😂

Why not?

It's paid dividends in every game we've tried that so far.

Oh, wait...........

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are they supposed to just publish "Phoodle Out" or something?

It would reflect the opinion of the vast amount of Hearts fans right enough! 🤔

Mars plastic

Given Coach Neilson's extensive plans for next season do you think the lad Hendo was perhaps talking large dollops of Tom Kite?