• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Budge will be wondering what all the fuss is about Neilson.

Indeed.  He might even get a contract extension.  Maybe Levein back as an adviser?

Hopefully Snoreson is gone after the Raith game.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Indeed.  He might even get a contract extension.  Maybe Levein back as an adviser?

Can only but hope.

BackOfTheNet

I’m already seeing a few fans willing to give him the start of next season. Even if he beats Raith convincingly that’s only two performances on the trot. And the way we’ve been playing this season two good performances on the trot would be more unlikely than likely.

I think he will be given the start of next season and I’ll happily have myself proved wrong if he gets us playing well and on a run. But I can’t see it. And personally think we should be getting rid within a week or two of the season ending.

15 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Not a chance.😣

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

If fans had been in he would definitely be out of a job

If fans had been in our performances would have been very different from day one, and day one was very good. Imagine the feeling at Tynecastle going back after that first 6-2 win?

tynietigers
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Yep 

He is helping/starting out with under 18’s 🤔 nothing to do with first team 😂👍🏻

1 hour ago, tynietigers said:

He is helping/starting out with under 18’s 🤔 nothing to do with first team 😂👍🏻

Sure he is 😉

tynietigers
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Sure he is 😉

So he plays with the team but doesn’t have any influence 😳 but as soon as you hear he is taking up coaching NEXT YEAR then it must of been him that got the players butts kicked 😣

siegementality

Serious question. How easy would you find it not to go to Tynecastle (if fans are allowed back) if Neilson was still in charge next season? 

On 23/04/2021 at 17:18, mitch41 said:

Well nobody expected Robbie Neilson to say anything else and the truth on how the team has played in this poor league is ignored. It’s our support I feel sorry for because there is not one person coming forward from the club to give us any hope for the future after the worst season I have ever witnessed since my first game watching Hearts in 1958. Watching these games in the house has been the most painful experience ever and Robbie Neilson has escaped the wrath of our support that no other manager would of experienced. Yes I hope this is Robbie’s last comments in the Hearts programme as manager because the man is just not good enough to manage Hearts.

So you thought late 1970's & early 1980's were great then? I know it's not been good this season but seen worse

stevie.nolan.5
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Serious question. How easy would you find it not to go to Tynecastle (if fans are allowed back) if Neilson was still in charge next season? 

I’d still be there, I’ll still renew my season & will still attend games like every other season I have. 

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Last 3 games 

6-0

0-0

3-0

Yeah not bad, however another way to look at it is over the last 10 games.

1-1 

2-1 win

2-0 win

0-0 

2-1 loss to a pub team

2-3 loss

0-0 

6-0 win

0-0

3-0 win

(4 wins in 10 in is not good enough)

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

1-1 

2-1 win

2-0 win

0-0 

2-1 loss to a pub team

2-3 loss

0-0 

6-0 win

0-0

3-0 win

You bit at Tosh's fishing line.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

1-1 

2-1 win

2-0 win

0-0 

2-1 loss to a pub team

2-3 loss

0-0 

6-0 win

0-0

3-0 win

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You bit at Tosh's fishing line.

:fonzie:

Last 26 games tho us what matters. 

Screenshot_20210425_015037_com.android.chrome.jpg

queensferryjambo
13 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

There's no chance he can achieve anything that will make us forget about Brora. The challenges they overcame to beat us makes it even more shambolic. No training, no games, work etc.

He should be embarrassed to call himself a football manager.

I wouldn't say that.

For me Champions League win and all is forgiven for Robbie, but only because I am a reasonable, realistic, forgiving type ;) 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

:fonzie:

Last 26 games tho us what matters. 

Screenshot_20210425_015037_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thank goodness we won a 1 horse race (hooray) I'm just relieved we are up to be honest, can't say i'm looking forward to next season though, 0 chance of winning a trophy and mid table mediocrity at best awaits under the current set up 😕

The Mighty Thor

Nothing has changed.

Neilson GTF.

Time for Budge to move on and enjoy retirement.

Let's get the focus of the football club back to being the football team. 

Go on Robbie, job done. Let's see the difference in the players,(From both teams) when fans are back at Tynecastle next season. :yas:

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Go on Robbie, job done. Let's see the difference in the players,(From both teams) when fans are back at Tynecastle next season. :yas:

That is shiter trolling than Tosh. 1/10 - do better.

18 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

There's no chance he can achieve anything that will make us forget about Brora. The challenges they overcame to beat us makes it even more shambolic. No training, no games, work etc.

He should be embarrassed to call himself a football manager.

And the Brora result is the main reason he should have been punted, no excuses utter shambolic performance on his watch. How anybody can defend RN after that is beyond me.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, micole said:

And the Brora result is the main reason he should have been punted, no excuses utter shambolic performance on his watch. How anybody can defend RN after that is beyond me.

His supporters are simpletons.

44 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That is shiter trolling than Tosh. 1/10 - do better.

Trolling? I want Robbie to succeed, which means Hearts succeed. 👍

23 minutes ago, micole said:

Shouldn’t even have had the embarrassment of the brora game.  He should’ve been shown the exit after our humiliating cup exit at the hands of part time Alloa. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, but that's classed as trolling. 

Supporting Hearts and not abusing individuals or the team is not the "in" thing. 

Jambof3tornado
On 23/04/2021 at 13:27, sandylejambo said:

He is so NOT what we need or want, in charge of our team, if she thinks he is she can GTF as well. so can anyone who thinks they can be successful under this arse.

She is very accepting of mediocrity and clueless about the feeling amongst the fans. He was a safe appointment to get out the championship but the football on display for the majority of the time is turgid stuff.

Ann Budge shoulders a large portion of the blame for us failing to progress as a football team on the pitch. If she stands by neilson then clearly she is the biggest threat to our future and will be forced out.

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, but that's classed as trolling. 

Supporting Hearts and not abusing individuals or the team is not the "in" thing. 

Yip. We all get pissed off, but at the end of the day, but it's football. Shite happens. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
46 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yep. That's what was behind that post. :liesalarm:

10 hours ago, airthjambo said:

So you thought late 1970's & early 1980's were great then? I know it's not been good this season but seen worse

Maybe the results in the late 70’s early 80’s were bad but with all the resources our manager has at his disposal this season is by far the worst. Booby Seith, John Hagart, Willie Ormond, Bobby Moncur, Tony Ford and a board who knew nothing about employing a manager or providing them with any resources. Only during the Alex MacDonald / Sandy Jardine era did professionalism return to Hearts. Yes Hearts were bad but at least they could get shots on goal unlike this lot, I mean playing in a game in the Championship and not having one shot on goal / target has to be a record. I have never heard as much words like Eye Bleeding, Mismanagement, Shambles comments about Hearts in a season than this season from Brora to Alloa from Dumfries to Inverness.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yep. That's what was behind that post. :liesalarm:

You're awful cynical, GK. I'll let you bash on. 👍

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Maybe the results in the late 70’s early 80’s were bad but with all the resources our manager has at his disposal this season is by far the worst. Booby Seith, John Hagart, Willie Ormond, Bobby Moncur, Tony Ford and a board who knew nothing about employing a manager or providing them with any resources. Only during the Alex MacDonald / Sandy Jardine era did professionalism return to Hearts. Yes Hearts were bad but at least they could get shots on goal unlike this lot, I mean playing in a game in the Championship and not having one shot on goal / target has to be a record. I have never heard as much words like Eye Bleeding, Mismanagement, Shambles comments about Hearts in a season than this season from Brora to Alloa from Dumfries to Inverness.

Excellent post Mitch. People can dance around the issues all they like but the resources at our disposal compared to the performances on the pitch is nothing short of disgraceful. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Spot on. Anyone trying to claim Neilson's not doing a shit job because there was once a time with far, far fewer resources when the team was worse is having a laugh.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Will this be Robbie Neilson’s last game managing Hearts this Friday at Starks Park ?

Fingers crossed.

https://t.co/5gMJwrbUMz

wrote this article about who should stay and who should go about three weeks ago now. Ahead of what is inevitably another big summer window for the club with plenty ins and outs expected. Would be good to hear your thoughts, some decisions were easier than others! 

Edited by Jamiemac

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Do you think if there had been internet in the 70s you may have heard as much words ?

Just wanted to take note of his comments on loaning Pollock out. He's loaned out every single youngster bar McGill and Henderson this season, it sounds like he plans to do it again next season. 

At what point does Robbie Neilson actually plan to play an active role in their development? Dumping them out to a lower league side to be coached by inferior coaches for the sake of experience doesn't seem hugely beneficial. Is it not Pochettino who doesn't loan out talented youngsters because he wants them training with the first team and learning from them?

Just making the point the Neilson doesn't give a flying **** about youth, he's too interested in short term results and much like Levein will waste the summer filling our team up with 26-29 year olds who in reality aren't good enough and will never be sold for money. 

We need a manager who is aligned with our values and wants to play youngsters. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Just wanted to take note of his comments on loaning Pollock out. He's loaned out every single youngster bar McGill and Henderson this season, it sounds like he plans to do it again next season. 

At what point does Robbie Neilson actually plan to play an active role in their development? Dumping them out to a lower league side to be coached by inferior coaches for the sake of experience doesn't seem hugely beneficial. Is it not Pochettino who doesn't loan out talented youngsters because he wants them training with the first team and learning from them?

Just making the point the Neilson doesn't give a flying **** about youth, he's too interested in short term results and much like Levein will waste the summer filling our team up with 26-29 year olds who in reality aren't good enough and will never be sold for money. 

We need a manager who is aligned with our values and wants to play youngsters. 

If they go to part time teams I think they still train with Hearts, but I agree that the best prospects should be staying to get better coaching.

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Do you think if there had been internet in the 70s you may have heard as much words ?

We know much more nowadays thanks to the internet and you have to admit our support would have forced Ann Budge to of sacked Neilson if it wasn’t for COVID. The fans would of been after his blood for the way he’s managed Hearts is they’d been allowed in the stadiums. Willie Ormond would go missing for days leaving everything to Alex Rennie. One time Ormond hadn’t seen the players for nearly 2 weeks then he came in to Tynie on a Friday, got Rennie to line the players up for a talk before saturday’s game and all he said was “Right lads at 3 o’clock I want you to go all out for the first 15 minutes, get in front with a couple of goals and the game after that will take care of itself” then he said carry on Alex and wandered of. Now if the fans had known about that or for that matter the Board he might of not got away with so much before he was sacked. Just one example of what went on before the internet.

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Will this be Robbie Neilson’s last game managing Hearts this Friday at Starks Park ?

I prey it will and I'm not even religious. 

If Spurs can sack the real Mourinho while sitting 7th in one of the most competitive leagues in the world, and the week before a major cup final, then surely we can get shot of the Matalan version.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If Spurs can sack the real Mourinho while sitting 7th in one of the most competitive leagues in the world, and the week before a major cup final, then surely we can get shot of the Matalan version.

If Spurs had been relegated under Poch, and Mourinho had come in and won the championship in the first season, you might have a better comparison.  

Clearly a club can sack a manager despite them hitting some of their objectives, or even their main objective if other aspects of performance aren't up to scratch.  It doesn't happen often though.  Usually if a manager comfortably hits their main objective (the league) the board will stick with them.  It goes without saying.  

3 hours ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/5gMJwrbUMz

wrote this article about who should stay and who should go about three weeks ago now. Ahead of what is inevitably another big summer window for the club with plenty ins and outs expected. Would be good to hear your thoughts, some decisions were easier than others! 

Interesting read , some I agree with others not so much but on the whole fair (bar the passionate lack of objectivity with some of the grrrr that came out 🤣) 👍🏻

35 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We know much more nowadays thanks to the internet and you have to admit our support would have forced Ann Budge to of sacked Neilson if it wasn’t for COVID. The fans would of been after his blood for the way he’s managed Hearts is they’d been allowed in the stadiums. Willie Ormond would go missing for days leaving everything to Alex Rennie. One time Ormond hadn’t seen the players for nearly 2 weeks then he came in to Tynie on a Friday, got Rennie to line the players up for a talk before saturday’s game and all he said was “Right lads at 3 o’clock I want you to go all out for the first 15 minutes, get in front with a couple of goals and the game after that will take care of itself” then he said carry on Alex and wandered of. Now if the fans had known about that or for that matter the Board he might of not got away with so much before he was sacked. Just one example of what went on before the internet.

Alec was a cracking bloke 👍🏻 

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I’m seeing nothing other than on here that suggests he’s going anywhere.

Ive kinda resigned myself to him being here next season