Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

siegementality
1 minute ago, Boab said:

You don’t get shit like that wrong.

Well @Smith's right boot managed it. That’s what happens when you’re spamming thread after thread. Spread yourself too thin and the facts start going out the window in favour of slavers. He works hard for his money though.

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbie first time, cathro and stendel where all quite refreshing or ambitious appointments. 

This safe thing just isn't true. 

The first 2 above were decisions taken by the director of football at the time. The one who had free reign over the football department, remember him aye ?  

The Stendel decision was potentially a very good one but made at the wrong time and one backed out of with haste in favour of a safe option 

Hashimoto
44 minutes ago, Homme said:

It wasn't completely safe not with a very vocal minority of our support hating Robbie Neilson from his first stint at managing the club. 

Anyway it worked and we are back in the prem.

I'd still prefer to be seeing a Hearts team under Stendel to see what he could be doing right now.

That word minority again!

Don't kid yourself......it's not a minority, and for the record not all those wishing to see the back of Neilson use hate as their motivation.
Neilson is a dullard who promotes a brand of football that will drive people away, or at least discourage those thinking of returning. He has the worst Hearts result in history on his CV......Not many subsequent managers will have dubious honour in years to come.

28 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Budge herself described Robbie as “a safe pair of hands” in the Inside Tynecastle documentary. He was a safe appointment.

Yet many didn't want him. 

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Don't kid yourself......it's not a minority, and for the record not all those wishing to see the back of Neilson use hate as their motivation.
Neilson is a dullard who promotes a brand of football that will drive people away, or at least discourage those thinking of returning. He has the worst Hearts result in history on his CV......Not many subsequent managers will have dubious honour in years to come.

It's not a minority any more, clearly.

Hashimoto
Just now, Homme said:

It's not a minority any more, clearly.

Correct!

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yet many didn't want him. 

Even more don’t want him now. Your point is?

36 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Well @Smith's right boot managed it. That’s what happens when you’re spamming thread after thread. Spread yourself too thin and the facts start going out the window in favour of slavers. He works hard for his money though.

And not for the first time either. Intentional effort to play down the significance of the result IMO.

siegementality
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

And not for the first time either. Intentional effort to play down the significance of the result IMO.

I doubt she has the brains for that to be honest. Just read her posts, nothing but slavering shite.

ScottieMac17
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Regardless of where you stand on the Neilson debate (I would prefer he went) the fact is he is going to be here for start of next season.  The return of Souttar and an upsurge in GMS form has probably bought him time.  The problem for me is he will always be marmite.  First bad result will alienate him with majority of fans.  I would rather we were going in to the season with someone the fans were 100% behind.  

I doubt we could manage to find a manager that the fans would 100% get behind. Our fan base is getting good at writing people off before a ball is kicked. 

Wether you are Robbie in or out, we should put that to one side and just enjoy being back at football and support our club. Far to many fans just sit waiting to kick off and boo about something or someone. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

He’s a Hibby rate and him and Toque have been earning their brass from Budge. She’ll be delighted with the effort of her mouthpieces, not that they’re getting anywhere.

UPWARD PROJECTORY

ScottieMac17
52 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

The Bora result will haunt Neilson unless he does something unbelievable to make up for it, like wins a cup next season. 

I was thinking though, in 2000 when Hibs beat us 6-2, that was one of our worst results in the last 25 years, but no one holds that against JJ... I know he won the Scottish with us, but still. 

4 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

The Bora result will haunt Neilson unless he does something unbelievable to make up for it, like wins a cup next season. 

I was thinking though, in 2000 when Hibs beat us 6-2, that was one of our worst results in the last 25 years, but no one holds that against JJ... I know he won the Scottish with us, but still. 

Nobody holds that against JJ because results like that can happen. The Brora result should NEVER happen. Massive difference.

55 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Even more don’t want him now. Your point is?

My point was it wasn't a completely safe appointment given there was a section of support who didn't want him.

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

To be fair it's an easy mistake to make, with Cove being an actual league team that most people had heard of, whereas until Bob Neilson made them headline news across the UK nobody had heard of Brora, let alone their football team.

I expect he'll be in line for some sort of award from the Brora tourist board for the amount of free publicity he got for the tiny hamlet.

Niemi’s gloves
22 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I doubt we could manage to find a manager that the fans would 100% get behind. Our fan base is getting good at writing people off before a ball is kicked. 

Wether you are Robbie in or out, we should put that to one side and just enjoy being back at football and support our club. Far to many fans just sit waiting to kick off and boo about something or someone. 

A very sensible post. But much too sensible for the nest of vipers that is this thread. 

ScottieMac17
17 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Nobody holds that against JJ because results like that can happen. The Brora result should NEVER happen. Massive difference.

Hibs beating us in the Scottish and winning the cup can happen too, but fans held that against Robbie. 

Im not saying it's right, but every team has a Bora result in there history. 

I just wish the fans would just get behind the team instead of moaning and looking for reasons to boo. Wether Robbie is in charge next season, the toxic pressure put on the team by alot of fans will not make us look good or attract better managers or players 

Edited by ScottieMac17

Niemi’s gloves
14 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

To be fair it's an easy mistake to make, with Cove being an actual league team that most people had heard of, whereas until Bob Neilson made them headline news across the UK nobody had heard of Brora, let alone their football team.

I expect he'll be in line for some sort of award from the Brora tourist board for the amount of free publicity he got for the tiny hamlet.

To be fair, Brora Rangers have been around since 1879 in what was at one time a coal mining village that evolved into a seaside and golfing resort;  and the team joined the Highland League in 1962. Cove Rangers are much more Johnny-come-latelies and were in amateur leagues until 1985 playing in an obscure seaside suburb of Aberdeen 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Rocky jamboa
17 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Hibs beating us in the Scottish and winning the cup can happen too, but fans held that against Robbie. 

I just wish the fans would just get behind the team instead of moaning and looking for reasons to boo. Wether Robbie is in charge next season, the toxic pressure put on the team by alot of fans will not make us look good or attract better managers or players 

Surely that's a reason alone to get rid of him. Unite the fans by bringing in someone we can get behind. 

The reason the majority of fans want Robbie away is they know he's not up to the job and don't want to watch any more of his slow, boring football. If we stick with him for next season, it will be another wasted season, with him being sacked at some point.

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I don’t think that’s true at all.  I don’t remember this level of anger at all prior to Ann Budge making bad decisions or failing to take the correct decision at the correct time. 

For example, Paulo Sergio wasnt a “brilliant” manager, I don’t remember a single call for his head even before the cup.  Daniel Stendel (let’s not get into the debate) but let’s be honest there was no widespread revolt.

this is all down to Ann budge. Cathro was a huge error and we stuck by him for a good couple of months after it was clear it wouldn’t work,  She then repeated that mistake by leaving in place for 6 months too long, She then “hoped” another member of the boot room would work and left McPhee in place for near 2 months. We then hired Stendel and binned him (when the vast majority of people thought - despite his obvious mistakes and own failings) too early.  

Then hired neilson, a manager a large number of fans did not like from the off for a number of reasons 

supported this at the time given the circumstances- but it is very clear to everyone that managers do not recover from the position Neilson is in. He doesn’t help himself with his chronic lack of charisma, his seemingly endless list of excuses and his dismissive words as regards the fans. 

5 years of poor football decisions taken by Ann Budge are to root cause of the discontent.  If Ann Budge didn’t make the decision and the new manager coming in had a bit of character and no previous reason to dislike him hearts fans will be 100% behind them like always until they prove otherwise 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think that’s true at all.  I don’t remember this level of anger at all prior to Ann Budge making bad decisions or failing to take the correct decision at the correct time. 

For example, Paulo Sergio wasnt a “brilliant” manager, I don’t remember a single call for his head even before the cup.  Daniel Stendel (let’s not get into the debate) but let’s be honest there was no widespread revolt.

this is all down to Ann budge. Cathro was a huge error and we stuck by him for a good couple of months after it was clear it wouldn’t work,  She then repeated that mistake by leaving in place for 6 months too long, She then “hoped” another member of the boot room would work and left McPhee in place for near 2 months. We then hired Stendel and binned him (when the vast majority of people thought - despite his obvious mistakes and own failings) too early.  

Then hired neilson, a manager a large number of fans did not like from the off for a number of reasons 

supported this at the time given the circumstances- but it is very clear to everyone that managers do not recover from the position Neilson is in. He doesn’t help himself with his chronic lack of charisma, his seemingly endless list of excuses and his dismissive words as regards the fans. 

5 years of poor football decisions taken by Ann Budge are to root cause of the discontent.  If Ann Budge didn’t make the decision and the new manager coming in had a bit of character and no previous reason to dislike him hearts fans will be 100% behind them like always until they prove otherwise 

Agree.

We can criticise Robbie, Stendel, Cathro till the cows come home but the common denominator is the decisions at board level. We should never be the position we are right now. A shambles really. 

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Glad I wasn't the only one confused by that. The Robbie Oot campaign is petering out faster than the end of Hibs season.

You wish. He goes now or he goes in October when more damage has been done to our team and finances.

But he will be gone before the 17th of October 2021 you can bet on that.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You wish. He goes now or he goes in October when more damage has been done to our team and finances.

What odds you giving? 😄

55 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Yes every team in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee & Aberdeen may have a Brora in there history but our was only a few months ago and I doubt any of these city clubs would of kept their manager on. Yes Ann Budge is too soft for football management and has let Cathro, Levein & Neilson away with dragging our team through the mud. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

🤔😂

A nice early birthday present would be ideal.

siegementality
1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To be fair, Brora Rangers have been around since 1879 in what was at one time a coal mining village that evolved into a seaside and golfing resort;  and the team joined the Highland League in 1962. Cove Rangers are much more Johnny-come-latelies and were in amateur leagues until 1985 playing in an obscure seaside suburb of Aberdeen 

Google is brilliant there’s no doubt about that.

Niemi’s gloves
12 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Why October? 

Brauhauser2012
13 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

She is averse to the big football decisions, already shown by her appointment of SAFE Levein, her failure to get rid until it was too late. Her failure to trust Stendel with more time and appoint the ultra SAFE cuddly Robbie instead.

Good post.

I've been trying to understand why Stendel wasn't shown the same level of patience that everyone else got, especially considering we were on a full-on nose dive when he took over the rudder. Was it because he's not Scottish (as I've heard it said that foreign managers can't understand the Scottish game)? Was it because he's not a former Hearts player? It seemed inconsistent to me. Safety. 

Niemi’s gloves
13 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Absolutely! But my serious point was that it’s not really a case that Brora Rangers are a team vastly more obscure than Cove Rangers. Basically they both emerged as “big” teams in the Highland League in the 2010s (possibly with backing from oil-industry related money). Brora competed in the league play-off finals a few years ago losing to Montrose from memory, though if I recall rightly a lot of people doubted that they really wanted promotion at the time. Cove made it up to the SPFL a couple of seasons ago and have pushed on since. And as far as the respective locations are concerned, I’d suggest that Brora is actually much more widely  known that Cove (or Cove Bay) which of course Cove Rangers don’t play in any more. 

On 02/05/2021 at 13:25, Boris5115 said:

Zipped up the back you say. Cast your mind back a year ago when the club and the fans were totally united as we attempted to fight the corruption in the game. FOH Subs at their highest ever levels ect. Now I fear that there may be a drastic drop in these figures given how split the fans are with the current regime. 

I seem to recall a lot of we deserve to be relegated why fight it , we should be down ,  its not demotion its relegation because we were last blah blah blah. Maybe interlopers maybe not , twatter and facebook were the same though. There was probably a good lot of us united in the unfairness of it but it certainly wasnt totally going by social media. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Good post.

I've been trying to understand why Stendel wasn't shown the same level of patience that everyone else got, especially considering we were on a full-on nose dive when he took over the rudder. Was it because he's not Scottish (as I've heard it said that foreign managers can't understand the Scottish game)? Was it because he's not a former Hearts player? It seemed inconsistent to me. Safety. 

It was mainly because he started telling SuperGran and the players some home truths and Budge didn’t like it being pointed out that she was presiding over a shambles. Much easier to get the yes men in, given that Budge is not really arsed about results anyway. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

I seem to recall a lot of we deserve to be relegated why fight it , we should be down ,  its not demotion its relegation because we were last blah blah blah. Maybe interlopers maybe not , twatter and facebook were the same though. There was probably a good lot of us united in the unfairness of it but it certainly wasnt totally going by social media. 

I think there were a simply a lot of people who weren’t going to give Budge the easy out of dodging all responsibility for the mess we were in. She was every bit as responsible for relegation as anyone else.

Naturally, it suited her to be able to deflect from her own many shortcomings.

1 hour ago, ScottieMac17 said:

So what you're saying is we should be thanking Rab Neilson for putting us on the map 'cause we were clearly left out due to not having "a Brora" in our record books. 

I hadn't looked at it that way, Bob Neilson in. Give the man a 5 year extension!

11 minutes ago, FTH said:

So what you're saying is we should be thanking Rab Neilson for putting us on the map 'cause we were clearly left out due to not having "a Brora" in our record books. 

I hadn't looked at it that way, Bob Neilson in. Give the man a 5 year extension!

😒 how on earth do you manage to take what he said and turn it into that post? 😒🙈

NANOJAMBO

Murphy unlucky not to be only one behind but I can't help thinking he looks like a bull in a china shop sometimes. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Murphy unlucky not to be only one behind but I can't help thinking he looks like a bull in a china shop sometimes. 

A snooker player is probably a better option than Neilson.

2 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

That's because we blew a 2 goal lead in the Scottish Cup game. The money spinner comment is what really pissed people off though.

Class of 75

Like most on here I want Neilson gone as I don't expect much improvement from what we have witnessed over the past few years. Unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for next season and we will be back to square one pushing Budge to make a decision again in an effort to maintain our position in the league. However, irrespective of the potential for poor performances in the coming season, Neilson should have been shown the door for the Alloa and Brora defeats alone. Both were and are in my opinion sackable results for a Hearts manager. When you consider the figures produced in the FOH Thread that Hearts fans have contributed close to £12 million over the past 6 years surely as a fan base we can accept more in return. Budge has presided over several failed managers who in turn have recruited close to 100 players the vast majority of which are not of the standard expected at Hearts hence why we have witnessed poor football and eventual relegation. The only way to start with a clean slate is for Budge to relieve Neilson of his duties and bring a more capable replacement in. 

24 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Like most on here I want Neilson gone as I don't expect much improvement from what we have witnessed over the past few years. Unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for next season and we will be back to square one pushing Budge to make a decision again in an effort to maintain our position in the league. However, irrespective of the potential for poor performances in the coming season, Neilson should have been shown the door for the Alloa and Brora defeats alone. Both were and are in my opinion sackable results for a Hearts manager. When you consider the figures produced in the FOH Thread that Hearts fans have contributed close to £12 million over the past 6 years surely as a fan base we can accept more in return. Budge has presided over several failed managers who in turn have recruited close to 100 players the vast majority of which are not of the standard expected at Hearts hence why we have witnessed poor football and eventual relegation. The only way to start with a clean slate is for Budge to relieve Neilson of his duties and bring a more capable replacement in. 

I think a lot of peoples’ clean slate involves Budge !

The Gorgie
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why October? 

Im guessing we'll have played a full round of fixtures by that point?

Class of 75
22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yep definitely, that too. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
42 minutes ago, Boab said:

100%. she’s turned us into the women’s institute

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why October? 

It would be a birthday present. In fact I like early birthday presents like tomorrow would be perfect.

OK it may seem insensitive but in all honesty I believe our loyal support deserve better.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Im guessing we'll have played a full round of fixtures by that point?

We'll be sitting tap o' the league by then, why we sacking anyone? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll be sitting tap o' the league by then, why we sacking anyone? 

You’ll have another Hibs cup win to celebrate, so I guess that’s your year made again.