Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

39 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What does that even mean? 

Could you explain Ann’s expectations that for some reason we all need to “align” to? 

What I am saying is that there will be no change of manager at the end of the season. She will dig her heels in where Robbie is concerned 

Her last comment she made about RN  She wanted him to view it as a 3 year appointment. Year 1 - get promoted. Year 2 - consolidate position. Year 3 - compete at the top. 

So, we have just finished the championship season - we go up as champions, she sees that as job done - this is exactly where we are at and at this moment in time 

next year - consolidate position - If this means that we should be happy with say 6th spot I don’t see a lot of the support accepting that. Accepting mediocrity whilst she has been in charge is what we have done all along - Why does anyone think next year will be different to the last 5 years with her presiding at the wheel - makes no sense 

It Doesn’t matter that the football performances against extremely lesser caliber sides has been wanting on most occasions this year or the style of football has been piss poor - in her head, RN has achieved his objective for this season whilst most of us are shitting ourselves with the thought of going up to the premiership and with him still in charge. 

When I said we might as well align with her expectations and save ourselves a breakdown in the process that’s meant tongue in cheek - I specifically meant that I don’t think she will bow to fan pressure, and until she leaves, I really don’t think she will get rid of RN unless of course, when we go up next season, he struggles badly, and then she eventually caves into the pressure 

Levein, Mark 2, all over again. we are still a Long long way away from the point where she parts company with Neilson. And that’s unfortunate, knowing she will most likely take the painful route again, before she realises that she has made another mistake 

Does that make sense ? 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

28 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Inherited the worst hearts squad and then added Popescu, Frear, Roberts, Haliday , Kastaneer, Stewart  to it - they certainly helped improve it.....

Good Signings - Gordon, McEneff , Ginnelly for the very few games he played, jury still massively out on GMS

Significant improvement on recent years ??? Can you show me another year where we've been knocked out of the 2 domestic competitions by teams as poor as Alloa and Brora ?

He's won a tin-pot league and haemorrhaged a lot of money unnecessarily to do so ...

2001/02 was pretty pish. 2 1st division teams. Fecking Highland league. 

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

🙃 Heart Midlothian Football Club.

Heart Of Midlothian Football Club. 

It’s just something I’ve always done. Rightly or wrongly. 

1200px-Heart_of_Midlothian_FC_logo.svg.p

No O.

I vaguely remember one year (about 15 years ago, can't remember which season) we had HOMFC on our socks, and it was rightfully panned and we never did it again.

13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

No O.

I vaguely remember one year (about 15 years ago, can't remember which season) we had HOMFC on our socks, and it was rightfully panned and we never did it again.

All good mate. I have never really thought too much about it, tbh. Few folk taking issue with me saying it, but no offence was intended 

HMFC moving forward 👍

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

😀 sorry mate - I might be being daft, but I’m not getting your point. 

All the threads on incoming managers and Robbie oot threads is just a waste of time and energy. Ann won’t bow to any of it.

She is hopeless, unfit to run this football club. We could do so much better, But, and I mean but, it’s status quo until she leaves and nothing is gonna change that.

If that’s what you mean by brainwashed, then I guess your right 👍

Appreciate that she stepped in and put her money up at the very beginning. Will always be grateful to her for that but that’s the absolute end of my own appreciation to her 

the rest of it, and throughout her 7 years in charge, she has made an absolute pigs ear of. 

If she had done what she has done with HOMFC and with her own IT business, she probably wouldn’t have had the funds to support the club takeover in the first place. 

Maybe best she sticks to IT and computers and leaves the football side well alone. 

Makes sense :fing25:

9 hours ago, Jodami said:

It's impossible not to reflect on the true cost of the Alloa and Brora defeats now that both the League Cup and the Scottish Cup will not have Celtic or Rangers in the final. The lack of crowds in stadiums this season has undoubtedly afforded a greater opportunity to win the only major tournaments we can reasonably hope to compete for and we have failed unequivocally against teams we should be beating with ease. The fact that both these results have been glossed over, no action even suggested about removing the management team and we have "celebrated" winning the worst league I have ever seen the club compete in since I started watching us in the late 70s only underlines what an absolute loser mentality there is within the leadership at Tynecastle. 

And amongst some fans.

20 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m seeing nothing other than on here that suggests he’s going anywhere.

Ive kinda resigned myself to him being here next season 

When our support return I just can’t see him being accepted and it will be Cathro all over again with players released and new players signed by a man who is incompetent at his job.

A manager signs a player that isn’t up to the job and it was a mistake signing him, the player is freed, sold or left out the team and sees his contract out.  A Chairperson employs a manager who is not up to the job the chairperson knows it’s been a mistake but to save face continues with the manager no matter the damage he does.

17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

When our support return I just can’t see him being accepted and it will be Cathro all over again with players released and new players signed by a man who is incompetent at his job.

You’re preaching to the choir Mitch.

BTW did you used to sit in lower Wheatfield B?

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Row 10 but for the last few seasons Wheatfield D Row 14

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Row 10 but for the last few seasons Wheatfield D Row 14

Ah I was row 5 and the Mitch I was thinking of sat in front of me. His Mrs and kids in same row as me

siegementality

13 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Yep, he inherited the worst hearts squad I can remember, and won the championship with ease in spite of that.  Failing to get out of the champ was unthinkable, but far from impossible.  We did well beating hibs in the 2020 cup, and gave celtic a good game.  We did awful in the 2021 cups.  I wouldn't describe that as utter shite, but even if you do, you can't deny that utter shite is a significant improvement on the last few years.

As before, I don't want to debate whether he should be sacked.  I am pointing out that RN hasn't done nearly as bad as many claim.  A lot of posters on here have lost the plot a little.  There were calls for a board statement after drawing with Morton ffs. People are clearly bored at home and have no other way to vent.

For “won with ease” read made a right fecking meal of it.

siegementality
12 hours ago, tian447 said:

No O.

Romanov fecked about doing that in between trying to change our colours to green, and learning how to fire nuclear missiles at the SFA offices at Hampden from his submarine.

Edited by siegementality

13 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Ah I was row 5 and the Mitch I was thinking of sat in front of me. His Mrs and kids in same row as me

I can’t remember what season it was but I bought a ST around there but 9 times out I’d move to sit beside my mates. Now I’ve got the best seat in the stadium, well I think it is anyway. 

On 26/04/2021 at 11:27, Hearts1975 said:

What I am saying is that there will be no change of manager at the end of the season. She will dig her heels in where Robbie is concerned 

Her last comment she made about RN  She wanted him to view it as a 3 year appointment. Year 1 - get promoted. Year 2 - consolidate position. Year 3 - compete at the top. 

So, we have just finished the championship season - we go up as champions, she sees that as job done - this is exactly where we are at and at this moment in time 

next year - consolidate position - If this means that we should be happy with say 6th spot I don’t see a lot of the support accepting that. Accepting mediocrity whilst she has been in charge is what we have done all along - Why does anyone think next year will be different to the last 5 years with her presiding at the wheel - makes no sense 

It Doesn’t matter that the football performances against extremely lesser caliber sides has been wanting on most occasions this year or the style of football has been piss poor - in her head, RN has achieved his objective for this season whilst most of us are shitting ourselves with the thought of going up to the premiership and with him still in charge. 

When I said we might as well align with her expectations and save ourselves a breakdown in the process that’s meant tongue in cheek - I specifically meant that I don’t think she will bow to fan pressure, and until she leaves, I really don’t think she will get rid of RN unless of course, when we go up next season, he struggles badly, and then she eventually caves into the pressure 

Levein, Mark 2, all over again. we are still a Long long way away from the point where she parts company with Neilson. And that’s unfortunate, knowing she will most likely take the painful route again, before she realises that she has made another mistake 

Does that make sense ? 

That all makes perfect sense. 👍

On 26/04/2021 at 11:27, Hearts1975 said:

Does that make sense ? 

It makes perfect sense.

It just feels like it will be a very lonely road for her and Robbie

Gordon Ramsay
On 26/04/2021 at 03:16, Jodami said:

It's impossible not to reflect on the true cost of the Alloa and Brora defeats now that both the League Cup and the Scottish Cup will not have Celtic or Rangers in the final. The lack of crowds in stadiums this season has undoubtedly afforded a greater opportunity to win the only major tournaments we can reasonably hope to compete for and we have failed unequivocally against teams we should be beating with ease. The fact that both these results have been glossed over, no action even suggested about removing the management team and we have "celebrated" winning the worst league I have ever seen the club compete in since I started watching us in the late 70s only underlines what an absolute loser mentality there is within the leadership at Tynecastle. 

Spot ******* on. 

Bump.

Thread was bottom of page 1 and probably about to drop.

Can't have that.

Neilson out.

On 26/04/2021 at 10:18, Hearts1975 said:

🙃 Heart Midlothian Football Club.

Heart Of Midlothian Football Club. 

It’s just something I’ve always done. Rightly or wrongly. 

It’s wrong.

siegementality
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Bump.

Can't have that.

Neilson out.

Probably due to the fire fighters scrambling about on other threads deflecting, or trying to convince someone that Neilson is the man. Some of us know better.  NEILSON OUt!

Magic Numbers

Anyone else seeing this rather appropriate ad at the bottom of their screen???

Screenshot_20210428-000625_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Magic Numbers

2 hours ago, siegementality said:

Probably due to the fire fighters scrambling about on other threads deflecting, or trying to convince someone that Neilson is the man. Some of us know better.  NEILSON OUt!

They're busy lads.

Must be fecking exhausting. 😊

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

It’s wrong.

I’ve just done it subconsciously at times. A few folk already picked me up. No harm was intended👍

12 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

It makes perfect sense.

It just feels like it will be a very lonely road for her and Robbie

Unless something drastically changes, unfortunately, I think you could very well be right. 

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, martoon said:

Bump.

Can't have that.

Neilson out.

Budge needs to clear her desk too. Far too accepting of failure and completely out of touch with the fan base, but woohoo we have a nice restaurant.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Budge needs to clear her desk too. Far too accepting of failure and completely out of touch with the fan base, but woohoo we have a nice restaurant.

100%.

Mediocre is the absolute best we're ever going to be with Ms. Budge, Neilson and, i suspect, Levein ever lurking in the background.

We may not even "achieve" mediocrity.

siegementality

Amazing to think how united we were this time last year. How the club has managed to turn all that energy against itself is incredible.

53 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Amazing to think how united we were this time last year. How the club has managed to turn all that energy against itself is incredible.

I hate to say it but these issues seem to be around Budges leadership. 

It falls on her to wield the axe when results become unacceptable and she took far too long with Levein which has allowed a culture of failure to set it and develop. 

She’s going much the same with Robbie. If a result like Brora isn’t enough to get the sack, then it pretty much says how low can you go?  Since evidently there isn’t a line where failure threatens job security. 

If Budge cannot or will not wield the axe then the foundation need to compete the transfer and do what needs to be done. (We’ll still need a chairman though, since Budge probably has overstayed her welcome now). 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I hate to say it but these issues seem to be around Budges leadership. 

It falls on her to wield the axe when results become unacceptable and she took far too long with Levein which has allowed a culture of failure to set it and develop. 

She’s going much the same with Robbie. If a result like Brora isn’t enough to get the sack, then it pretty much says how low can you go?  Since evidently there isn’t a line where failure threatens job security. 

If Budge cannot or will not wield the axe then the foundation need to compete the transfer and do what needs to be done. (We’ll still need a chairman though, since Budge probably has overstayed her welcome now). 

Sadly she has always been the issue.

She bought the club and we are grateful but we have lunged from one horror show to another. 

This might be seen as controversial but I would accept Robbie for another season if someone took over from Budge and said Neilson has a target of 4th and to do decent in the cups. Budge has been the common dominator in all of this weak minded approach on the football side. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Absolutely.  Up until about 6 months ago I would have voted for her to stay involved in some capacity, but she's absolutely ****ed that now.

15 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Absolutely.  Up until about 6 months ago I would have voted for her to stay involved in some capacity, but she's absolutely ****ed that now.

Snap.

A change of direction is needed. 

10 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I’ve just done it subconsciously at times. A few folk already picked me up. No harm was intended👍

👍

CloustonHMFC
20 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

they think there are plans which will get the fans back onside? 

Football fans are fickle mate. Every single of us who wants a new manager will be back onside with a good start to the new season.

21 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Football fans are fickle mate. Every single of us who wants a new manager will be back onside with a good start to the new season.

By start, do you mean 38 wins next season? If so that might get me back on board with bob.

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Usually! But for Robbie it’s gone too far I think. Every failure will be pounced upon

Edited by kingantti1874

CloustonHMFC
29 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

By start, do you mean 38 wins next season? If so that might get me back on board with bob.

So say we win league Cup group easily and win 8 of out first 11 games you're still gonna call for him to go?

31 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

So say we win league Cup group easily and win 8 of out first 11 games you're still gonna call for him to go?

No I Wouldn't call for him to go at that point (winning 8 out of 11) but if you cast your mind back a little bit, Levein did similar in the 18/19 season and look where we ended up, It's about the whole season for me, not just a fast start and then crash and burn for the rest of the season, no? I couldnt care if we won our first 11 matches in a row if we are going to finish sixth mate. That's the problem though, I honestly can't for the life of me see us finishing anywhere higher than sixth next season under robbie, hence why i want him punted. Would love to be proved wrong but have been fooled too many times under this regiment, I'm not falling for it this time. Budge over Neilson out!

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Usually! But for Robbie it’s gone too far I think. Every failure will be pounced upon

Of course. We were sitting third during the plane incident.

CloustonHMFC
26 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

No I Wouldn't call for him to go at that point (winning 8 out of 11) but if you cast your mind back a little bit, Levein did similar in the 18/19 season and look where we ended up, It's about the whole season for me, not just a fast start and then crash and burn for the rest of the season, no? I couldnt care if we won our first 11 matches in a row if we are going to finish sixth mate. That's the problem though, I honestly can't for the life of me see us finishing anywhere higher than sixth next season under robbie, hence why i want him punted. Would love to be proved wrong but have been fooled too many times under this regiment, I'm not falling for it this time. Budge over Neilson out!

Yes, of course it is about the whole season however we were talking about getting the fans back on side. A good start, like I mentioned, would get them back onside. A crash and burn after would turn the tables yet again, though. 

Just to be clear too, I'm not saying we're going to go out and have a start like that. I very much feel like change is needed.

Edited by CloustonHMFC

Rocky jamboa

Let's face it, Neilson is a poor manager. He plays slow tempo, boring, unimaginative football, with no real tactical nous. His signings have been on the whole poor and he's not given any of the young guys a chance this season. I can't see him being particularly inspirational in the dressing room either if his post match interviews are anything to go by.

He got lucky last time round as we'd assembled a good team with guys like Gomis, Bauben, Sow, Alexander in goals, Patterson etc. He dismantled that team too quickly and anyone who went to the games could see we were on a downward spiral before he left. Well, apart from Budge! 

Such a poor appointment. I'm out until he's away. 

8 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Not me.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Not me.

You will still be miserable and won't back the team if we're playing well? Backs up my view that it's personal about Neilson (and Budge) for far too many for reasons that have been discussed that are not to do with the performance of the team on the pitch. I'd have way more sympathy for the assessment of both of their times at Hearts if there weren't so many personal and sustained attacks on people trying to do their best for the club.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You will still be miserable and won't back the team if we're playing well? Backs up my view that it's personal about Neilson (and Budge) for far too many for reasons that have been discussed that are not to do with the performance of the team on the pitch. I'd have way more sympathy for the assessment of both of their times at Hearts if there weren't so many personal and sustained attacks on people trying to do their best for the club.

Your right,it is personal against Neilson-he’s clueless!