Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

9 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

If Spurs had been relegated under Poch, and Mourinho had come in and won the championship in the first season, you might have a better comparison.  

Clearly a club can sack a manager despite them hitting some of their objectives, or even their main objective if other aspects of performance aren't up to scratch.  It doesn't happen often though.  Usually if a manager comfortably hits their main objective (the league) the board will stick with them.  It goes without saying.  

The Mourinho sacking wasn’t a comparison. It was a statement of fact. Despite a relatively successful season he was sacked the week before a major domestic cup final. His style of football and management was not acceptable to the majority of Spurs fans (I am not one by the way) hence he is gone despite his proven track record of winning major honours.

What do you think was the main objective of a club (Spurs) that hasn’t won a major honour since 2008? I’d suggest winning a trophy.

Neilson’s objective cannot only have been to win a piss poor league, and let’s make no bones about it, it was a piss poor league. Defeats to Brora Rangers and Alloa in the cups are a massive underperformance from what the expectation should have been.

Neilson will be sacked next season, it’s only a matter of time. Everyone knows it. Just get it done now and save us all from the four or five months of shite football prior to his inevitable sacking.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Just now, Jamhammer said:

I’m seeing nothing other than on here that suggests he’s going anywhere.

Ive kinda resigned myself to him being here next season 

Only Hearts right enough. Only Hearts could have supporters resigned to something prior to a season ending, never mind a new one beginning.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson’s objective cannot only have been to win a piss poor league, and let’s make no bones about it, it was a piss poor league. Defeats to Brora Rangers and Alloa in the cups are a massive underperformance from what the expectation should have been

The league being the primary/only objective line started getting trotted out after Brora when so many fans wanted Neilson gone.

Never in Hearts' history can I think of anyone saying winning the cup wouldn't be one of the club's primary objectives, until now.

It's a nonsense fig leaf made up to protect Budge and Bob.

5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The league being the primary/only objective line started getting trotted out after Brora when so many fans wanted Neilson gone.

Never in Hearts' history can I think of anyone saying winning the cup wouldn't be one of the club's primary objectives, until now.

It's a nonsense fig leaf made up to protect Budge and Bob.

I agree. Everybody knew we were going to win that league, albeit the ‘style’ we won it in was disappointing. 

The cups were an embarrassment. To be able to dismiss those as not part of the main objective is also embarrassing.

Budge would appear to be setting the bar so low that top six is the main objective next year. What a season we’ll have to look forward to!

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I agree. Everybody knew we were going to win that league, albeit the ‘style’ we won it in was disappointing. 

The cups were an embarrassment. To be able to dismiss those as not part of the main objective is also embarrassing.

Budge would appear to be setting the bar so low that top six is the main objective next year. What a season we’ll have to look forward to!

I'm not sure what objectives Neilson was set, if any?

Neilson has managed to do what we all thought was impossible...losing to Alloa and Brora in the two domestic cups.....

Still it was only a minor blip, sweep, sweep, let's all move on now!

However, a couple of league wins against inferior opposition and we have the usual bunch singing his praises again!  
Talk about the wool pulled getting pulled over your eye's!

21 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I'm not sure what objectives Neilson was set, if any?

Neilson has managed to do what we all thought was impossible...losing to Alloa and Brora in the two domestic cups.....

Still it was only a minor blip, sweep, sweep, let's all move on now!

However, a couple of league wins against inferior opposition and we have the usual bunch singing his praises again!  
Talk about the wool pulled getting pulled over your eye's!

As has previously been said this “main objective” pish has been wheeled out after being emptied early doors from two cups by part time Alloa and non league Brora Rangers. Those two results should have led to Neilson being dismissed. For anyone to state that that level of performance is acceptable is beyond embarrassment.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

As has previously been said this “main objective” pish has been wheeled out after being emptied early doors from two cups by part time Alloa and non league Brora Rangers. Those two results should have led to Neilson being dismissed. For anyone to state that that level of performance is acceptable is beyond embarrassment.

You better tell Ann,he will be here next season.

46 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Objectives are set so that performance can be measured fairly.  A good starting point is for the decision makers, in this case the board, to recognise the difference between opinion and fact.  Opinion = winning the league was inevitable.  Fact = winning the league was not inevitable. 

I don't even want to disagree with your arguement, which boils down to: boring/bad football and some shocking results should see Neilson sacked, despite some marginal success.  That's a valid view.  

My view is that we'll do ok next season, we'll win a cup and come 5th.  Bob rules!  I'm an eternal optimist.

On your point about Budge setting the bar low, we've been shocking for 2-3 years, including winning about 3 league games last year.  Like it or not, top 6 would be a huge improvement.  It almost feels like you, deep down, know Neilson will probably get us top 6 quite comfortably - as he did last time.  If you want rid of him despite that, it's fine!  Just don't bullshit everyone.  Lots of folk don't like RN, we get it! 

Toxteth O'Grady
7 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Objectives are set so that performance can be measured fairly.  A good starting point is for the decision makers, in this case the board, to recognise the difference between opinion and fact.  Opinion = winning the league was inevitable.  Fact = winning the league was not inevitable. 

I don't even want to disagree with your arguement, which boils down to: boring/bad football and some shocking results should see Neilson sacked, despite some marginal success.  That's a valid view.  

My view is that we'll do ok next season, we'll win a cup and come 5th.  Bob rules!  I'm an eternal optimist.

On your point about Budge setting the bar low, we've been shocking for 2-3 years, including winning about 3 league games last year.  Like it or not, top 6 would be a huge improvement.  It almost feels like you, deep down, know Neilson will probably get us top 6 quite comfortably - as he did last time.  If you want rid of him despite that, it's fine!  Just don't bullshit everyone.  Lots of folk don't like RN, we get it! 

If you think that balloon will ever win a cup then you clearly haven’t looked at his record in Cups. 

Top six should never be a target for Heart of Midlothian. The people who 1) set these targets 2) accept these target should be no where near our football club. Weak mentality weak people. It has seeped into our club and things need to change.

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Just wanted to take note of his comments on loaning Pollock out. He's loaned out every single youngster bar McGill and Henderson this season, it sounds like he plans to do it again next season. 

At what point does Robbie Neilson actually plan to play an active role in their development? Dumping them out to a lower league side to be coached by inferior coaches for the sake of experience doesn't seem hugely beneficial. Is it not Pochettino who doesn't loan out talented youngsters because he wants them training with the first team and learning from them?

Just making the point the Neilson doesn't give a flying **** about youth, he's too interested in short term results and much like Levein will waste the summer filling our team up with 26-29 year olds who in reality aren't good enough and will never be sold for money. 

We need a manager who is aligned with our values and wants to play youngsters. 

Debatable if the coaching would be inferior, Neilson hasn't improved a single player and even his signing Roberts seems to prefer being out on loan to being coached by Neilson...!

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If Spurs can sack the real Mourinho while sitting 7th in one of the most competitive leagues in the world, and the week before a major cup final, then surely we can get shot of the Matalan version.

Jose wasn't managing in the notoriously most difficult league under unprecedented times which lead to the most challenging circumstances imaginable though now was he...

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Only Hearts right enough. Only Hearts could have supporters resigned to something prior to a season ending, never mind a new one beginning.

Season ends on Friday.
Premature?

Wouldn’t be the first time.

Yeah resigned as in I’ve accepted that the board will not make any changes and there’s nowt I can do about it apart from not watch if we don’t improve 

Edited by Jamhammer

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

I’ve never hidden the fact that I dislike Neilson. However, I dislike him for his managerial attributes - or lack of - that - despite what you say - I think will see us toil in the bottom half of the league next season.

We have been pish for longer than 2-3 years, and I have seen nothing from Neilson in his time with us, MK Dons or Dundee Utd to suggest that he will miraculously makes us better, especially when he was responsible this season for us - in the main - being shite.

I’m always amazed when people think that Neilson is a good manager. He is so good that a large section of the Hearts support wanted him gone the first time, MK Dons and Dundee Utd fans were glad to see the back of him, and a large section of Hearts fans want rid of him again. This is despite winning the Championship three times. 

I think Neilson has his limitations. More to the point Neilson knows he has limitations. That will be the reason he jumped ship to League 1 in England and ducked out of managing Dundee United in the Premiership.

Pointless having a major debate about it to be honest. If he starts the season he’ll be gone by Christmas anyway.

1 hour ago, FTH said:

Jose wasn't managing in the notoriously most difficult league under unprecedented times which lead to the most challenging circumstances imaginable though now was he...

Fair point and one that can’t be argued against.

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Robbie seems to have no interest in them. I find it infuriating such a lack of ambition runs throughout the club. 

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

If you think that balloon will ever win a cup then you clearly haven’t looked at his record in Cups. 

Maybe so, but I'm not using my optimistic prediction if a cup win as the foundation of my argument: that the board are unlikely to sack him.

54 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ve never hidden the fact that I dislike Neilson. However, I dislike him for his managerial attributes - or lack of - that - despite what you say - I think will see us toil in the bottom half of the league next season.

We have been pish for longer than 2-3 years, and I have seen nothing from Neilson in his time with us, MK Dons or Dundee Utd to suggest that he will miraculously makes us better, especially when he was responsible this season for us - in the main - being shite.

I’m always amazed when people think that Neilson is a good manager. He is so good that a large section of the Hearts support wanted him gone the first time, MK Dons and Dundee Utd fans were glad to see the back of him, and a large section of Hearts fans want rid of him again. This is despite winning the Championship three times. 

I think Neilson has his limitations. More to the point Neilson knows he has limitations. That will be the reason he jumped ship to League 1 in England and ducked out of managing Dundee United in the Premiership.

Pointless having a major debate about it to be honest. If he starts the season he’ll be gone by Christmas anyway.

Fair enough.  I think he's a good manager because of his first spell.  It's pretty hard to argue that he did any less than excellently.

Agree, no point in debating!  I think you're wrong in your prediction though.  We'll see (bet Alex Neil is announced tomorrow now!).

Mars plastic
3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Fair enough.  I think he's a good manager because of his first spell.  It's pretty hard to argue that he did any less than excellently.

Do you not have any thoughts on the utter shite he’s overseen since October?

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Unbelievable. I must have missed Neilson running onto pitch to tell Kingsley and Wighton to miss their penalties. 

Of course, them missing was Neilson fault. 

Don't know why he bothered beating Hibs in semi. 

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Unbelievable. I must have missed Neilson running onto pitch to tell Kingsley and Wighton to miss their penalties. 

Of course, them missing was Neilson fault. 

Don't know why he bothered beating Hibs in semi. 

We wouldn't have needed to rely on penalties if we had been more positive in the first half that day.  Nelson = Shitebag

Blackie the Cat
3 hours ago, Rods said:

Top six should never be a target for Heart of Midlothian. The people who 1) set these targets 2) accept these target should be no where near our football club. Weak mentality weak people. It has seeped into our club and things need to change.

100% 👍🏻

28 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

We wouldn't have needed to rely on penalties if we had been more positive in the first half that day.  Nelson = Shitebag

Mandela doesn’t deserve that type of remark, imo.

10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Will this be Robbie Neilson’s last game managing Hearts this Friday at Starks Park ?

He should have been sacked immediately after the Brora embarrassment.

Let’s hope Friday will be his last game in charge.

Randy Marsh
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Mandela doesn’t deserve that type of remark, imo.

Should have just went for 'Rob'.

5 hours ago, Rods said:

And this is the casing point. Comparison on this thread being made that the Tottenham Board will sack a manager when he is 6th or 7th in the league. 

That’s the Tottenham board. Not our board, and Daniel Levy certainly ain’t Ann Budge. 

It’s all about expectations, and I have came to realise that the sooner we all “align” with Ann’s expectations, the less chance there will be of having a breakdown, whilst she remains in charge. 

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We know much more nowadays thanks to the internet and you have to admit our support would have forced Ann Budge to of sacked Neilson if it wasn’t for COVID. The fans would of been after his blood for the way he’s managed Hearts is they’d been allowed in the stadiums. Willie Ormond would go missing for days leaving everything to Alex Rennie. One time Ormond hadn’t seen the players for nearly 2 weeks then he came in to Tynie on a Friday, got Rennie to line the players up for a talk before saturday’s game and all he said was “Right lads at 3 o’clock I want you to go all out for the first 15 minutes, get in front with a couple of goals and the game after that will take care of itself” then he said carry on Alex and wandered of. Now if the fans had known about that or for that matter the Board he might of not got away with so much before he was sacked. Just one example of what went on before the internet.

Think you've rather missed the point

16 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

And this is the casing point. Comparison on this thread being made that the Tottenham Board will sack a manager when he is 6th or 7th in the league. 

That’s the Tottenham board. Not our board, and Daniel Levy certainly ain’t Ann Budge. 

It’s all about expectations, and I have came to realise that the sooner we all “align” with Ann’s expectations, the less chance there will be of having a breakdown, whilst she remains in charge. 

The last paragraph.

Feck a duck.

Have you been brainwashed?

1 hour ago, martoon said:

The last paragraph.

Feck a duck.

Have you been brainwashed?

😀 sorry mate - I might be being daft, but I’m not getting your point. 

All the threads on incoming managers and Robbie oot threads is just a waste of time and energy. Ann won’t bow to any of it.

She is hopeless, unfit to run this football club. We could do so much better, But, and I mean but, it’s status quo until she leaves and nothing is gonna change that.

If that’s what you mean by brainwashed, then I guess your right 👍

Appreciate that she stepped in and put her money up at the very beginning. Will always be grateful to her for that but that’s the absolute end of my own appreciation to her 

the rest of it, and throughout her 7 years in charge, she has made an absolute pigs ear of. 

If she had done what she has done with HOMFC and with her own IT business, she probably wouldn’t have had the funds to support the club takeover in the first place. 

Maybe best she sticks to IT and computers and leaves the football side well alone. 

It's impossible not to reflect on the true cost of the Alloa and Brora defeats now that both the League Cup and the Scottish Cup will not have Celtic or Rangers in the final. The lack of crowds in stadiums this season has undoubtedly afforded a greater opportunity to win the only major tournaments we can reasonably hope to compete for and we have failed unequivocally against teams we should be beating with ease. The fact that both these results have been glossed over, no action even suggested about removing the management team and we have "celebrated" winning the worst league I have ever seen the club compete in since I started watching us in the late 70s only underlines what an absolute loser mentality there is within the leadership at Tynecastle. 

53 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

All the threads on incoming managers and Robbie oot threads is just a waste of time and energy. Ann won’t bow to any of it.

She is hopeless, unfit to run this football club. We could do so much better, But, and I mean but, it’s status quo until she leaves and nothing is gonna change that.

Appreciate that she stepped in and put her money up at the very beginning. Will always be grateful to her for that but that’s the absolute end of my own appreciation to her 

the rest of it, and throughout her 7 years in charge, she has made an absolute pigs ear of. 

If she had done what she has done with HOMFC and with her own IT business, she probably wouldn’t have had the funds to support the club takeover in the first place. 

Maybe best she sticks to IT and computers and leaves the football side well alone. 

Disagree mate, i know exactly how you feel though, we all feel like we can't make a difference, but we absolutely can make a difference, the club even mentioned recently that they had discussions over whether to lift the championship trophy or not, that was a fan led campaign, so this pretty much confirms that they are listening to the support, if we keep the pressure on those who are mismanaging the club, they will have nowhere to hide if we don't then its a big problem, this is exactly why we are in this mess, because fans have accepted dissapointment after dissapointment over the last 5 seasons, we have finished 5th, 6th, 6th, 12th and 13th, that will never ever be good enough for heart of midlothian fc, we have to keep the pressure on, complacency from the fans is not helping the club imo

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Should have just went for 'Rob'.

Shitebag would be more appropriate.

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Wow. 

5 hours ago, Jodami said:

It's impossible not to reflect on the true cost of the Alloa and Brora defeats now that both the League Cup and the Scottish Cup will not have Celtic or Rangers in the final. The lack of crowds in stadiums this season has undoubtedly afforded a greater opportunity to win the only major tournaments we can reasonably hope to compete for and we have failed unequivocally against teams we should be beating with ease. The fact that both these results have been glossed over, no action even suggested about removing the management team and we have "celebrated" winning the worst league I have ever seen the club compete in since I started watching us in the late 70s only underlines what an absolute loser mentality there is within the leadership at Tynecastle. 

The league we won in 79/80 was way worse than this as was that Hearts team.  

Actually difficult to argue with that

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Wow. 

Yup. Wow. 

Is it so difficult to understand that I think AB cares not a jot what the support thinks and is only concerned with what she thinks in her own head. 

Why the hell should we be shouting at her constantly and around her abject decision making when she obviously doesn’t have a clue what she is doing. 

Does it not make more sense to understand that nothing changes whilst she remains in charge.

Wouldn’t have thought that to be a wow moment in all honesty.

If you think that she is taking us to a better place that’s more of a wow moment for me. 

:clap: :clap: :clap: 

Spot on.  

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Disagree mate, i know exactly how you feel though, we all feel like we can't make a difference, but we absolutely can make a difference, the club even mentioned recently that they had discussions over whether to lift the championship trophy or not, that was a fan led campaign, so this pretty much confirms that they are listening to the support, if we keep the pressure on those who are mismanaging the club, they will have nowhere to hide if we don't then its a big problem, this is exactly why we are in this mess, because fans have accepted dissapointment after dissapointment over the last 5 seasons, we have finished 5th, 6th, 6th, 12th and 13th, that will never ever be good enough for heart of midlothian fc, we have to keep the pressure on, complacency from the fans is not helping the club imo

Appreciate the sentiment mate. But we shouldn’t have to be looking over our shoulder at every turn calling out every mistake .... It’s been 5 years of that. 

When does it stop and we can then trust the custodians to run the club properly. When this board exits and a new one is in place and one that knows what it means to have the privilege to run HOMFC 

Rogue Daddy
13 hours ago, Rods said:

100% this ☝️

6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Fair enough, bud.

It would seem I've misread the context of your post.

Ps. It's HMFC. 👍

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Fair enough, bud.

It would seem I've misread the context of your post.

Ps. It's HMFC. 👍

🙃 Heart Midlothian Football Club.

Heart Of Midlothian Football Club. 

It’s just something I’ve always done. Rightly or wrongly. 

sandylejambo
34 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Appreciate the sentiment mate. But we shouldn’t have to be looking over our shoulder at every turn calling out every mistake .... It’s been 5 years of that. 

When does it stop and we can then trust the custodians to run the club properly. When this board exits and a new one is in place and one that knows what it means to have the privilege to run HOMFC 

Please stop putting an O in HMFC

A_A wehatethehibs
52 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

🙃 Heart Midlothian Football Club.

Heart Of Midlothian Football Club. 

It’s just something I’ve always done. Rightly or wrongly. 

Wrongly. 

9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

What does that even mean? 

Could you explain Ann’s expectations that for some reason we all need to “align” to? 

7 hours ago, Jodami said:

EDF63176-B5F8-4A34-88AC-903DB1C9C7E6.gif

12 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Do you not have any thoughts on the utter shite he’s overseen since October?

Yep, he inherited the worst hearts squad I can remember, and won the championship with ease in spite of that.  Failing to get out of the champ was unthinkable, but far from impossible.  We did well beating hibs in the 2020 cup, and gave celtic a good game.  We did awful in the 2021 cups.  I wouldn't describe that as utter shite, but even if you do, you can't deny that utter shite is a significant improvement on the last few years.

As before, I don't want to debate whether he should be sacked.  I am pointing out that RN hasn't done nearly as bad as many claim.  A lot of posters on here have lost the plot a little.  There were calls for a board statement after drawing with Morton ffs. People are clearly bored at home and have no other way to vent.

bringonthesevco
6 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Yep, he inherited the worst hearts squad I can remember, and won the championship with ease in spite of that.  Failing to get out of the champ was unthinkable, but far from impossible.  We did well beating hibs in the 2020 cup, and gave celtic a good game.  We did awful in the 2021 cups.  I wouldn't describe that as utter shite, but even if you do, you can't deny that utter shite is a significant improvement on the last few years.

As before, I don't want to debate whether he should be sacked.  I am pointing out that RN hasn't done nearly as bad as many claim.  A lot of posters on here have lost the plot a little.  There were calls for a board statement after drawing with Morton ffs. People are clearly bored at home and have no other way to vent.

Inherited the worst hearts squad and then added Popescu, Frear, Roberts, Haliday , Kastaneer, Stewart  to it - they certainly helped improve it.....

Good Signings - Gordon, McEneff , Ginnelly for the very few games he played, jury still massively out on GMS

Significant improvement on recent years ??? Can you show me another year where we've been knocked out of the 2 domestic competitions by teams as poor as Alloa and Brora ?

He's won a tin-pot league and haemorrhaged a lot of money unnecessarily to do so ...

Mars plastic
6 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Inherited the worst hearts squad and then added Popescu, Frear, Roberts, Haliday , Kastaneer, Stewart  to it - they certainly helped improve it.....

Good Signings - Gordon, McEneff , Ginnelly for the very few games he played, jury still massively out on GMS

Significant improvement on recent years ??? Can you show me another year where we've been knocked out of the 2 domestic competitions by teams as poor as Alloa and Brora ?

He's won a tin-pot league and haemorrhaged a lot of money unnecessarily to do so ...

Cheers for saving me the typing.