Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

8 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Football fans are fickle mate. Every single of us who wants a new manager will be back onside with a good start to the new season.

I can't believe he will be given another penny to waste on past it lazy journeyman. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You will still be miserable and won't back the team if we're playing well? Backs up my view that it's personal about Neilson (and Budge) for far too many for reasons that have been discussed that are not to do with the performance of the team on the pitch. I'd have way more sympathy for the assessment of both of their times at Hearts if there weren't so many personal and sustained attacks on people trying to do their best for the club.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Never was a saying more apt for HMFC under Budge.  Or in her case, the road to the Championship.  Time for change - we've had enough of "trying".  We need "succeeding" and it's LONG overdue.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Never was a saying more apt for HMFC under Budge.  Or in her case, the road to the Championship.  Time for change - we've had enough of "trying".  We need "succeeding" and it's LONG overdue.

Yes, what you want is Budge to leave. This is the real end game for the people who have wanted Neilson out almost from the day he walked through the door. I personally think Budge will leave once the handover happens and things are back to normal and that would be a good time to change manager if next season's manager fails. For someone who clearly doesn't like or rate Budge you have more faith in her ability to replace Neilson with someone better than I do.

Guest ToqueJambo
50 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Let's face it, Neilson is a poor manager. He plays slow tempo, boring, unimaginative football, with no real tactical nous. His signings have been on the whole poor and he's not given any of the young guys a chance this season. I can't see him being particularly inspirational in the dressing room either if his post match interviews are anything to go by.

He got lucky last time round as we'd assembled a good team with guys like Gomis, Bauben, Sow, Alexander in goals, Patterson etc. He dismantled that team too quickly and anyone who went to the games could see we were on a downward spiral before he left. Well, apart from Budge! 

Such a poor appointment. I'm out until he's away. 

🤣

Rogue Daddy
On 28/04/2021 at 10:39, siegementality said:

Amazing to think how united we were this time last year. How the club has managed to turn all that energy against itself is incredible.

It's quite something isn't it?

There definitely feels like there's a 'them and us' undercurrent to things these days, between the club and the fans. Not good. What a difference 12  months makes.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes, what you want is Budge to leave. This is the real end game for the people who have wanted Neilson out almost from the day he walked through the door. I personally think Budge will leave once the handover happens and things are back to normal and that would be a good time to change manager if next season's manager fails. For someone who clearly doesn't like or rate Budge you have more faith in her ability to replace Neilson with someone better than I do.

How the hell do you know that - because you don't.

Budge is long past her sell-by date and the sooner she is removed from power the better. 

She saved the club but it's time to make way for someone who can do the job she patently cannot.  She's had 7 years - time's up. 

59 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Let's face it, Neilson is a poor manager. He plays slow tempo, boring, unimaginative football, with no real tactical nous. His signings have been on the whole poor and he's not given any of the young guys a chance this season. I can't see him being particularly inspirational in the dressing room either if his post match interviews are anything to go by.

He got lucky last time round as we'd assembled a good team with guys like Gomis, Bauben, Sow, Alexander in goals, Patterson etc. He dismantled that team too quickly and anyone who went to the games could see we were on a downward spiral before he left. Well, apart from Budge! 

Such a poor appointment. I'm out until he's away. 

It's a depressing thought......No enthusiasm, or inclination to go and watch a Neilson led team.....Out!

Edited by Hashimoto

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Budge is long past her sell-by date and the sooner she is removed from power the better. 

She saved the club but it's time to make way for someone who can do the job she patently cannot.  She's had 7 years - time's up. 

Because on every Neilson out thread, all we hear is Budge and the last 5 years. Neilson wasn't here the last 5 years. The rot set in when he left, so it's nothing to do with him just as it was nothing to do with Stendel.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Because on every Neilson out thread, all we hear is Budge and the last 5 years. Neilson wasn't here the last 5 years. The rot set in when he left, so it's nothing to do with him just as it was nothing to do with Stendel.

Blah, blah, blah.

This discussion is not about Stendel. More deflection from the bot farm. 

She appointed Neilson , she had no plan or vision (just like the 1st time he was there and just like when Cathro got sacked and just like Levein being sacked : no plan. 

In seven years she has literally gone full circle because at no time did she have a plan.  Time for her to go and take Neilson with her. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Blah, blah, blah.

This discussion is not about Stendel. More deflection from the bot farm. 

She appointed Neilson , she had no plan or vision (just like the 1st time he was there and just like when Cathro got sacked and just like Levein being sacked : no plan. 

In seven years she has literally gone full circle because at no time did she have a plan.  Time for her to go and take Neilson with her. 

And yet you seem to have faith she'll appoint the right man this month? I don't.

What you want - complete leadership change is not happening but is likely to happen fairly soon IMO. 

And in any case, considering we're still in a pandemic, do you really think we can change leadership and that leader then finds a new manager before the transfer window opens? And even if that all is possible in that time if it would be done properly or would be rushed?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Are you honestly happy with the way the team has performed over the past 5+ years??

Budge took over when we were in the championship and now after 7 years we are no further forward in terms of the club growing and progressing.

piss poor after piss poor managerial appointments and horrific recruitment falls at the top dogs door.

The reason people don’t like Neilson has everything to do with Budge and Neilson can only manage to his best abilities  which aren't near as good for a club this size.He has very limited abilities,no tactical noose,no charisma and the fans can see right through it.

He clearly knows there is no way Budge is going to sack him so he’s on cloud nine,untouchable,irreplaceable and is getting arrogant and cock sure with knowing the fact.His little jibes at the fans in recent interviews confirms this.

Rocky jamboa
32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

🤣

Laugh all you want mate. Everyone else seems to see it apart from you and your mate SRB! Hopefully you won't find out the hard way, when we have a woeful start to the campaign, and Budge does the right thing and punts him in the summer. 

Byyy The Light
35 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's where I am at. Was hoping the CEO appointed was going to be a figurehead and Ann would take a back seat.  Looks like the guy is the Loic Damour of the executive set up.

Full clear out needed. Thanks for initial work and getting the ship back afloat but time to go. We're taking on water again.

gowestjambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

You will still be miserable and won't back the team if we're playing well? Backs up my view that it's personal about Neilson (and Budge) for far too many for reasons that have been discussed that are not to do with the performance of the team on the pitch. I'd have way more sympathy for the assessment of both of their times at Hearts if there weren't so many personal and sustained attacks on people trying to do their best for the club.

Neilson and Budge may be trying their best for the club. However, what has become blatantly obvious is their best is nowhere good enough. We all know what to expect from next season - An Owner who has no Vision, and a Manager who has no Tactical or Motivational skills. The vast majority want to avoid more drudgery and ridiculous excuses, and quite rightly want change now.

sandylejambo

give him the start of next season and see how he does? I have seen how he does and he's fikken hopeless, no player has got better under him, he has brought utter crap to our team and continued to play them no matter how bad they performed (Roberts , Frear to name but two) and only dropping them when the clueless fans would have dropped them weeks before, we play the lowest energy football I have ever seen in my life, even at armature level. NO, we have all saw his management capabilities and they are severely lacking in all areas. so get your coat Robbie, the only people wanting you to stay are wind-up merchants and Mrs Budge.

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And yet you seem to have faith she'll appoint the right man this month? I don't.

What you want - complete leadership change is not happening but is likely to happen fairly soon IMO. 

And in any case, considering we're still in a pandemic, do you really think we can change leadership and that leader then finds a new manager before the transfer window opens? And even if that all is possible in that time if it would be done properly or would be rushed?

You're imagining things - but in any case, it's not about what I think it's about judging people on how they performed. 

The pandemic has zilch to do with WHO runs a football club - it's about having the right people in position. 

As for it being rushed : it's been 7 years and there's no plan from the FOH  leadership. There are some tough questions to be answered by them & Budge re how the club is to be run going forward. These questions are being asked now because they have been allowed to drift along fo so long. It has been anything but "rushed". 

I'm out on this now - this thread about getting Neilson out. 

8 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Neilson and Budge may be trying their best for the club. However, what has become blatantly obvious is their best is nowhere good enough. We all know what to expect from next season - An Owner who has no Vision, and a Manager who has no Tactical or Motivational skills. The vast majority want to avoid more drudgery and ridiculous excuses, and quite rightly want change now.

Succinct.

CloustonHMFC
28 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I also want change now, it's definitely the best move for the club however should he be in charge come the start of the season and has a good start, like 8 wins from the first round of fixtures, I certainly will not be calling for his head and anyone who would still call for his sacking at that time would be insane.

3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I also want change now, it's definitely the best move for the club however should he be in charge come the start of the season and has a good start, like 8 wins from the first round of fixtures, I certainly will not be calling for his head and anyone who would still call for his sacking at that time would be insane.

All "if's and but's"......He's going to have to come out the traps flying....the alternative will be protests on the plaza again.
However, it's just killing time till the inevitable happens! 

Budge never learns.... 

31 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

All "if's and but's"......He's going to have to come out the traps flying....the alternative will be protests on the plaza again.
However, it's just killing time till the inevitable happens! 

Budge never learns.... 

All true imo. 

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

It's a depressing thought......No enthusiasm, or inclination to go and watch a Neilson led team.....Out!

Ditto!

siegementality

Titles won so we’ll get a glimpse of the future in less than 24 hours.

No excuses Neilson.

Well done Robbie!!

“You score more than 50 goals, you win the league; we did that. Concede less than 25 goals you'll win the league; we did that. All three indicators that would win the Championship, we've managed to do them so I'm delighted to finish like that.

We hit all the targets…. “

Well done Robbie 

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Guest ToqueJambo
23 hours ago, siegementality said:

Titles won so we’ll get a glimpse of the future in less than 24 hours.

No excuses Neilson.

Future looks decent then.

Greedy Jambo

Neilson did what was asked, but lets face it, the boy that fries the prawn crackers in your local chinese could have done the same job given the budget and players we've got. 

A couple of wins against Raith Rovers and Inverness isn't going to change my opinion. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Last few results have papered up the cracks, it’s still a Robbie Out (GTF) from me.

This.

colinzeal
On 29/04/2021 at 17:39, gowestjambo said:

Agreed. If anything illustrates Budge’s acceptance of mediocrity, it is keeping the mediocre Robbie Neilson after he has presided over a season that we ‘achieved’ the bare minimum.

The ‘achievement’ was on a par with one half of the Old Firm managing to finishing second in the top league. Behind that you had the dreadful cup results, backed up with some dreadful league results , poor recruitment, eye-bleedingly pedestrian football, a failure to adapt tactics, under performing players, embarrassing excuse making for every bad result and a total lack of self-awareness from the manager. 

Neilson out!

Gordon Ramsay
6 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Last few results have papered up the cracks, it’s still a Robbie Out (GTF) from me.

It is from me too. 

19 wins out of 27 isn't good enough in what is actually a very poor league. 

Getting pumped out the LC by part time Alloa isn't good enough. 

Getting pumped out the SC by Brora certainly isn't good enough. 

So he can lick his arse about points targets and goals scored all he wants. It's not been good enough. 

However, it's clear he's here to stay so I will curb my moaning about him for a bit and see what the summer brings in terms of players in/out. 

Nookie Bear
32 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It is from me too. 

So he can lick his arse about points targets and goals scored all he wants. It's not been good enough. 

However, it's clear he's here to stay so I will curb my moaning about him for a bit and see what the summer brings in terms of players in/out. 

Me too. Pretty annoyed he got away with our worst ever defeat but moaning on kickback has never changed anything. 

Budge has got away with her mismanagement for too long as well, but the FoH is in her pocket. So no point going there either. 

Transfer time next. Let’s see what that brings...

kingantti1874
57 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It is from me too. 

this is where I’m at. We’ve finished the season strongly so credit where due however it in no way makes up for what went before.

but - I heard the term misery amnesty on one of the podcasts last week, tbh I don’t have the energy to moan until August so will see how it goes. 

frankblack

Its going to be a long hard summer for some to keep this thread going.

Time to chill out and go for a beer as clearly no managerial change is happening.

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It is from me too. 

To an extent.

It hasn't been good enough, and at some point the club will have to address the fan discontent/disconnect head on when they come asking for us to renew season tickets. They'll have to back him unequivocally and publicly, something they've not done since Broara, and ask us to do likewise.

I'm sure we'll make some good signings, but will Robbie know how to set the team up, get them to respond to him, get the best out of them? 

Edited by blairdin

3fingersreid

RN has done the very minimum required this season, promotion . 

However  that was achieved more as a drunken stagger home rather than a proud march to the title and our reinstatement to the top flight . 

I wasn’t one who thought we’d go undefeated or even win all our games , I did however expect to see a faster more attacking set up and not watch games where I was actually bored and indeed only watched because it was Hearts on the tv. 

Cup results however were unacceptable . 
Thanks for getting us back up , but the time to go our separate ways is here . 

🏆🇱🇻

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

RN has done the very minimum required this season, promotion . 

However  that was achieved more as a drunken stagger home rather than a proud march to the title and our reinstatement to the top flight . 

I wasn’t one who thought we’d go undefeated or even win all our games , I did however expect to see a faster more attacking set up and not watch games where I was actually bored and indeed only watched because it was Hearts on the tv. 

Cup results however were unacceptable . 
Thanks for getting us back up , but the time to go our separate ways is here . 

🏆🇱🇻

I've put this on the points gap thread, but could put on several more.

----------

Too low targets imo after hearing Neilson last night.

He may just have not articulated well what he meant and that key target was simply promotion but he said we surpassed the points target we set which ended up the equivalent of all home games won, 1 away win and 12 away draws.

I think we are a good 8 points at least short.

At start of season someone said with our squad we would 'only' get 57 and in reality the rest of the teams can barely each put 2 squad equivalent players to ours, I'd have been disappointed.

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Time to chill out and go for a beer as clearly no managerial change is happening.

Why do you bother posting on it? You're not a savant for guessing he will be staying. Doesnt change the fact people want rid and may want to express that on a thread such as this. 

Des Lynam
5 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Why do you bother posting on it? You're not a savant for guessing he will be staying. Doesnt change the fact people want rid and may want to express that on a thread such as this. 

Moans about those keeping this thread going whilst keeping this thread going. 

:gok: 

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That’s appropriate if you have a beer in a beer garden just now.

Hashimoto
35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Reluctantly I have to agree with you...wrt the changing of the manager bit!
Somehow I just feel that the fun is just starting. Questions remain unanswered regarding the FoH takeover, Budge's, ambitious plans (sic!) for the club. Neilson's ability to repair the large disconnect between himself and the support?

The real hard work for Budge and Neilson is just beginning you feel. 

And you're right!.......time for a beer, and just forget about football for a while, well a couple of weeks anyway!

2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It is from me too. 

17 wins from 27. A very poor season bookended by two impressive league performances with another few dotted around here and there. Disgraceful capitulations in the cups. You get the feeling the only reason we didn’t suffer Neilson’s traditional end-of-season slump was that he suspected he was hanging by a thread. 

Budge is going into next season with a lame duck manager. It’s a huge gamble on her part, and one motivated more by her obstinacy than by a clear vision for the club. By now we all know what we’re going to get with Neilson. Most of us appear not to like it.

siegementality
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Future looks decent then.

For you maybe. 

siegementality
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Change happening and wanting change to happen are two different things.    

The world would be a poorer place if people didn’t continue to make their thoughts known to influence and make change happen. 

I’ll take on the night watchman job on this thread if needs be. Neilson needs emptied and it’s right that people’s feelings are heard.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, siegementality said:

For you maybe. 

Everything is wonderful now.

glynnlondon
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Wouldn't be so sure on that one 

Plenty have had enoughI for one will continue to bang that drum.

Ok......he’s staying. He’s ridden the storm and he’s been saved by AB’s stubbornness.

He now has this transfer window to get things right......neither RN or AB can allow or afford for this next batch of signings not be anything other than excellent.

No more Frears, Popescus or Kastaneer types.

Next seasons squad has to hit the ground running......we need to compete with Aberdeen and Hibs as best of the rest. Another season of limping around mid table is just not acceptable.

RN has to ditch his shitty cautiousness that clouds his judgement all too often. Go out and try and win EVERY game....even having the idea of being satisfied at a draw for every away match is the wrong mindset imo.

He is still Hearts manager by the skin of his teeth and I think he knows it......he is back on trial and has no wiggle room for mistakes.

Get it right or get out.......

Gordon Ramsay
26 minutes ago, leginten said:

17 wins from 27. A very poor season bookended by two impressive league performances with another few dotted around here and there. Disgraceful capitulations in the cups. You get the feeling the only reason we didn’t suffer Neilson’s traditional end-of-season slump was that he suspected he was hanging by a thread. 

Budge is going into next season with a lame duck manager. It’s a huge gamble on her part, and one motivated more by her obstinacy than by a clear vision for the club. By now we all know what we’re going to get with Neilson. Most of us appear not to like it.

Last time I take anything the BBC Scotland commentary team say as a fact! 

Hashimoto
21 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Ok......he’s staying. He’s ridden the storm and he’s been saved by AB’s stubbornness.

He now has this transfer window to get things right......neither RN or AB can allow or afford for this next batch of signings not be anything other than excellent.

No more Frears, Popescus or Kastaneer types.

Next seasons squad has to hit the ground running......we need to compete with Aberdeen and Hibs as best of the rest. Another season of limping around mid table is just not acceptable.

RN has to ditch his shitty cautiousness that clouds his judgement all too often. Go out and try and win EVERY game....even having the idea of being satisfied at a draw for every away match is the wrong mindset imo.

He is still Hearts manager by the skin of his teeth and I think he knows it......he is back on trial and has no wiggle room for mistakes.

Get it right or get out.......

Not sure he's ridden out the storm....more likely he is in the eye of the storm!

Still think he is on borrowed time.....The trust and goodwill deserted him a long time ago.....He's terminal  

Edited by Hashimoto

Mars plastic
3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It is from me too. 

Gogsy has hit the nail clean on the nut here. I believe we can do much better than Neilson but he's here to stay, for a bit a least, so we need to give him our support.

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Not sure he's ridden out the storm....more likely he is in the eye of the storm!

Still think he is on borrowed time.....The trust and goodwill deserted him a long time ago.....He's terminal  

As there are no more games for a couple of months.....I think the anger will subside tbh.

The only thing that can buy him some more time is an almost perfect start to the season.