Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hang on, had the Robbie In thread been merged with the Robbie Out thread?

:clyay:

Banter of Midlothian 😂

The mods have sufficient smeddum to recognise a troll thread when they see one.

:verysmug:

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

OmiyaHearts

It's a risky approach, going into a new season with a manager that most fans don't want. 

Far too much pressure on him and I can't see it ending well. Crowd will jump on him when the first points are dropped (likely to be the first game) and it's all downhill from there.

There's nothing he can realistically do to tourn this around and get the support on side. It's futile to continue with him.

Hashimoto
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's a risky approach, going into a new season with a manager that most fans don't want. 

Far too much pressure on him and I can't see it ending well. Crowd will jump on him when the first points are dropped (likely to be the first game) and it's all downhill from there.

There's nothing he can realistically do to tourn this around and get the support on side. It's futile to continue with him.

Correct!

Cut him loose before it affects his health.............and our's!

Neilson will leave Hearts with boos ringing in his ears, the only question is when this happens.

I can't think of another manager who has started a season with goodwill so low. Even if he has some success, when things go wrong again the knives will be out in record time.

And when crowds are back he won't be able to condescendingly dismiss the fans' seethe as 'outside noise'.

Reasonable supporters will accept or resign themselves to the fact he will be here next season and won't bitch about it endlessly from now until the start of next season. 

If he was going to get punted it would and should have been after Brora or, after the QotS game following that. 

We've since learnt that he and JS have been working on recruitment for next season, so he's definitely going to be here. 

As Hearts supporters, surely folk just get over themselves and support the team regardless and stop acting like wee spoilt ******s who didn't get their own way. 

Call it for what it is next season instead of trawling over the same old ground. 👍

Mars plastic
8 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Tosh, Toque and co. Utter nerds of the highest order. Worst Hearts supporters ever. 

Hope they disappear when Robbie and Ann do. 

This guy here most certainly kens his onions. 

Famous 1874

Neilson in🤣🤣 Do people not remember Alloa and Brora. Should have been emptied after Brora. A couple of wins after the league is done doesn’t change anything for me. If I could sack him tomorrow I would. 

44 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Two wins against ICT and Raith when the pressure was off doesn’t change anything for me. I genuinely don’t believe Neilson is the right man for the job and a change should be made now the season is over. 

His constant references before and after those games that ‘these teams came to win the game against us and that’s what the Premiership will be like’ is rubbish. Does he honestly think that when we play the likes of Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone etc these teams are going to come at us, especially at Tynecastle? If anything he is openly admitting we struggle against any side that sits in against us. I see the shitty 1-0 away defeats already. 

Very disappointed with his latest summary of the season and his dig about "unreasonable expectations".  I don't think any of us really expected us to win every game, BUT we didn't expect the turgid negative performances and horrendous loses to Alloa and Brora, neither of which Nelson ever comments on.

He is clearly rankled by our criticism, but if he was a bit more humble and honest it would go some way towards gaining our respect, if not our backing.

4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Neilson will leave Hearts with boos ringing in his ears, the only question is when this happens.

I can't think of another manager who has started a season with goodwill so low. Even if he has some success, when things go wrong again the knives will be out in record time.

And when crowds are back he won't be able to condescendingly dismiss the fans' seethe as 'outside noise'.

Of course we may be lucky to hang on to him over the summer. Doubtless some massive clubs will have been keeping tabs on his various achievements.

:qqb006:

Mars plastic
35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm wanting a change as well but that comment is a disgrace. 

Online abuse imo. 

What bit is a disgrace likes?

Mr Rabbit
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Reasonable supporters will accept or resign themselves to the fact he will be here next season and won't bitch about it endlessly from now until the start of next season. 

If he was going to get punted it would and should have been after Brora or, after the QotS game following that. 

We've since learnt that he and JS have been working on recruitment for next season, so he's definitely going to be here. 

As Hearts supporters, surely folk just get over themselves and support the team regardless and stop acting like wee spoilt ******s who didn't get their own way. 

Call it for what it is next season instead of trawling over the same old ground. 👍

This for me. Ultimately I just want he team to do well. I think he should have been moved on but it’s not happening so I’ll carry on supporting.

5 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This for me. Ultimately I just want he team to do well. I think he should have been moved on but it’s not happening so I’ll carry on supporting.

As we all should.  To quote the oft-used phrase, Owners, managers and player come and go but the one constant is the fans....for ever.

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Tosh, Toque and co. Utter nerds of the highest order. Worst Hearts supporters ever. 

Hope they disappear when Robbie and Ann do. 

:spoton:

Bull's-eye
1 hour ago, leginten said:

The mods have sufficient smeddum to recognise a troll thread when they see one.

:verysmug:

It's not a troll thread, its the lad taking one for the team and giving the ooters another reason to oot everyone.

It's obviously required and better for the rest of board when it remains on a single thread, I'm sure he recognised that when he posted it, he's successfully gathered them up and the mods have done the right thing and dumped it all together here. 

It's good they've all got somewhere to go and gurn. 

249538446.thumb.jpg.82e358f9cb73b7b70262ddfc6ab12864.jpg

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Good old Shan Budge. Will sit on her hands as usual and then end up having to sack him around the turn of the year with us going nowhere (again).

Obviously it would be nice to think that FOH might have some influence but we’re long since past the point of knowing that Wallace and his cronies are a bunch of spineless bottle jobs.

The Mighty Thor

Shills gonna shill.

Bob has a free pass from our non- footballing board (trip advisor reviews and bird's fitba are de riguer) so he'll be here next season. 

We'll sign more journeymen footballers at the expense of youth development. 

We'll play exactly the same sideways football we played this season. 

We'll do what we've been doing and we'll get what we've been getting. 

Despite the shit results against the posties and plumbers, we've not hit bottom yet. Nothing will change until we do. 

16 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Good old Shan Budge. Will sit on her hands as usual and then end up having to sack him around the turn of the year with us going nowhere (again).

Obviously it would be nice to think that FOH might have some influence but we’re long since past the point of knowing that Wallace and his cronies are a bunch of spineless bottle jobs.

Probably but know what? This one will force her out if it goes tits for arse next season. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Probably but know what? This one will force her out if it goes tits for arse next season. 

No it won't. Until there's a "party" allowed, nothing will change.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The small print of the Bidco/FOH agreement was put on here recently.

Iirc both parties have to agree to the handover, and with millions now owed to her, Budge might want to linger until that's repaid.

The best excuse they could come up with for delaying the handover so far is the fans demanding a party. 😆 

Odds on the next excuse is something about a dog eating the agreement just before it was signed.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

She’s had so many pints in the last chance saloon that she’s legless.

Budge is a massive charlatan and needs to **** off immediately 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The small print of the Bidco/FOH agreement was put on here recently.

Iirc both parties have to agree to the handover, and with millions now owed to her, Budge might want to linger until that's repaid.

The best excuse they could come up with for delaying the handover so far is the fans demanding a party. 😆 

Odds on the next excuse is something about a dog eating the agreement just before it was signed.

I haven’t seen the small print but I’d be surprised if Ann can veto the transfer once the required funds are paid.  Any thoughts @Footballfirst???

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

By which time another transfer window, season and large amount of money will be squandered, Johann.

I think it's highly likely that the majority are being wise before the event. No crystal ball, of course, but many of the perfornances and results this season do indicate that a Neilson led team will struggle in the league above.

It's Craig Levein all over again. 

The "I told you so" that followed his departure brought no pleasure and nor will it after Neilson's finally sacked. We're all Hearts supporters, we all suffer when things go wrong, whether we've seen it coming or not. 

It just means more money and precious time down the drain. I really don't believe I can be part of it, financially, when I know in my heart of hearts that it's not going to end well.

Would love if Budge and Neilson prove me wrong but I just can't see it.

Edited by martoon

36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I've said this before, but its apparent that the current reps don't have the time or inclination to actually play an active role in the club, its maybe worth considering getting some sort of paid role to try and get some in who can be directly accountable to the members and can therefore aggressively push the fans demands at board level. 

I'm not sure the costs etc. involved, but I think our current structure is leaving a lot to be desired. Perhaps there is a better way that I'm not seeing, but that seems the most obvious to me. 

(Fan owned but not fan run doesn't IMO mean that the fans are expected to dip into their pockets every month and be expected to stay quiet and happy with whatever is getting served up). 

Hearts1975

The main thing that I have ascertained this season is that if teams come out to have a go we will be ok. If they sit in, not so ok. 

Any football side, whether they are an attacking side or not, can choose to sit in and if they feel that the opposite team will struggle to break them down 

Regardless of the last 2 results, this is still the big concern for me. I would have actually thought, that it would be more difficult, to play a team that comes out, rather than sit in, and over 90 minutes 

I really don’t want us to be thought of and the team known, with public knowledge, that we don’t like it when teams sit in, as we struggle to break them down - we need to find ways of pulling their defence out, and so we can get in behind. 

Something that we have failed to do all season. 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I haven’t seen the small print but I’d be surprised if Ann can veto the transfer once the required funds are paid.  Any thoughts @Footballfirst???

Control of the timing of the transfer rests with FOH. All they need to do to make it happen is hand over the final £100k to purchase the shares.

There will be legal and accounting issues to sort out at the same time, but they are not a surprise. Plans for what happens on and immediately after transfer day should already be in place.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

By which time another transfer window, season and large amount of money will be squandered, Johann.

It's think it's highly likely that the majority are being wise before the event. No crystal ball, of course, but many of the perfornances and results this season do indicate that a Neilson led team will struggle in the league above.

The "I told you so" that followed his departure brought no pleasure and nor will it after Neilson's finally sacked. We're all Hearts supporters, we all suffer when things go wrong, whether we've seen it coming or not. 

It just means more money and precious time down the drain. I really don't believe I can be part of it, financially, when I know in my heart of hearts that it's not going to end well.

What I'll say is, that if Budge is so adamant that Neilson must stay, then she better be prepared to back him financially. Its apparent to all he's a limited coach who doesn't develop players, therefore we need better quality in the squad to compensate for this. That isn't cheap, so if Ann wants an easy ride next season making sure cash is available to offset Robbies shortcomings should be top of her agenda. Be that her own (if she believes in him so much) or benefactors (if she can convince the JA that Robbie can take us forward).

Suspect finding people willing to part with their cash to support Neilsons 'vision' might be quite difficult. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I've said this before, but its apparent that the current reps don't have the time or inclination to actually play an active role in the club, its maybe worth considering getting some sort of paid role to try and get some in who can be directly accountable to the members and can therefore aggressively push the fans demands at board level. 

I'm not sure the costs etc. involved, but I think our current structure is leaving a lot to be desired. Perhaps there is a better way that I'm not seeing, but that seems the most obvious to me. 

(Fan owned but not fan run doesn't IMO mean that the fans are expected to dip into their pockets every month and be expected to stay quiet and happy with whatever is getting served up). 

Fan owned but not fan run doesn’t mean that Wallace and his ilk get to take free tickets and boardroom meals while contributing nothing. That’s the way I see it

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Control of the timing of the transfer rests with FOH. All they need to do to make it happen is hand over the final £100k to purchase the shares.

There will be legal and accounting issues to sort out at the same time, but they are not a surprise. Plans for what happens on and immediately after transfer day should already be in place.

Cheers. That’s what I thought. Hopefully done by the end of June at the latest. 

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I've found the quote from the agreement I was thinking of, and it was indeed posted by @Footballfirst, maybe he'd comment on it?

As I posted earlier in the thread, there is a general provision for Bidco to unilaterally amend the terms of the agreement as long as "Bidco shall have regard to all relevant circumstances, including the commercial interests of the Foundation in their capacity as participants under this agreement."  That would leave it open for AB, if she was so minded, to delay the transfer until the club was both financially stable and debt free (a bit like the expectations set in the original agreement seven years ago - keep the pledges coming to provide working capital and pay off my loan, then I will hand over the shares).

I'd hope that AB will think very deeply before embarking on such a course of action, unless she has invoked those powers already

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Bang on, particularly the last paragraph.

No one is seriously suggesting that we all must have a say on every issue or have a poll to decide every step forward.

However, if fans dig even deeper than the usual ST's/merch/kiosk costs incurred by other supports then a put up and shut up stance from the boardroom is not on.

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I support the club and the team. I do not have any respect for the manager and he has no respect for people whose opinion differs from his (“outside noise”).

It’s not impossible to support the team while not supporting the manager. After all, I’m living proof.

Neilson out!

20 minutes ago, martoon said:

I think it's highly likely that the majority are being wise before the event. No crystal ball, of course, but many of the perfornances and results this season do indicate that a Neilson led team will struggle in the league above.

We all know the script, we all suspect it will be shite but if he's staying then there's little that can be done other than to get on with it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I support the club and the team. I do not have any respect for the manager and he has no respect for people whose opinion differs from his (“outside noise”).

It’s not impossible to support the team while not supporting the manager. After all, I’m living proof.

Neilson out!

100% this.

Wankson GTF

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's not a troll thread, its the lad taking one for the team and giving the ooters another reason to oot everyone.

It's obviously required and better for the rest of board when it remains on a single thread, I'm sure he recognised that when he posted it, he's successfully gathered them up and the mods have done the right thing and dumped it all together here. 

It's good they've all got somewhere to go and gurn. 

249538446.thumb.jpg.82e358f9cb73b7b70262ddfc6ab12864.jpg

Lockdown not been kind to Ann ☹️

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson out!

That's fine. Most of us are of the opinion that he should have gone already but moaning about it all summer isn't going to change things.

The only way a change will be made is if things aren't good enough next season and the fans will be there to let the board understand that. 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We all know the script, we all suspect it will be shite but if he's staying then there's little that can be done other than to get on with it. 

Take your point, bud.

Right now I'm adamant I won't be renewing but, well, you know. 🤪

jambonian

If we could guarantee that he's learned the error of his ways regarding the team shape, changed the containment and zonal dull football we've had to put up with then the fans would be more acceptable to him staying. If he recruits more of the same shite for the same defensive set-up then he's on a hiding to nothing.

The question should really be....can we trust his judgement? I don't personally and i expect more defensive style midfielders to come in (as if we haven't enough already). I fear we will do the same as we have over the last five years and overload the squad with all too similar players while not focusing on the important areas of the team. It took us years to sort out the left-back area, we haven't sorted the desperate need for out and out defenders and we ignore strikers and midfielders that almost guarantee goals in favour of players who've been injured a lot or seen as not good enough for their current club. The club (at the top end) have a lot to think about. So much money has been wasted, it can't continue.

jambonian
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Take your point, bud.

Right now I'm adamant I won't be renewing but, well, you know. 🤪

I know plenty Jambos who have had season tickets and are not renewing. They, like me will pay walk-up prices if signings are uninspiring. Sign two or three of better quality then i'm pretty sure they'll rethink and get their wallets out.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

If we could guarantee that he's learned the error of his ways regarding the team shape, changed the containment and zonal dull football we've had to put up with then the fans would be more acceptable to him staying. If he recruits more of the same shite for the same defensive set-up then he's on a hiding to nothing.

The question should really be....can we trust his judgement? I don't personally and i expect more defensive style midfielders to come in (as if we haven't enough already). I fear we will do the same as we have over the last five years and overload the squad with all too similar players while not focusing on the important areas of the team. It took us years to sort out the left-back area, we haven't sorted the desperate need for out and out defenders and we ignore strikers and midfielders that almost guarantee goals in favour of players who've been injured a lot or seen as not good enough for their current club. The club (at the top end) have a lot to think about. So much money has been wasted, it can't continue.

The question you’re asking is - can we believe that this idiot has had a complete talent and personality transplant?

No we can’t. Get him to ****

Bazzas right boot

Boo, the positive thread was suckled up by this shitey Fred. 

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I know plenty Jambos who have had season tickets and are not renewing. They, like me will pay walk-up prices if signings are uninspiring. Sign two or three of better quality then i'm pretty sure they'll rethink and get their wallets out.

Aye. We're a vulnerable, soft touch where HMFC are concerned. 😄

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Strange that you failed to mention he guided us to the worst defeat in the clubs history against Brora and no word about Alloa disposing us in another cup. Only a rocket like you could come up with this crap. Away and take a day off from this place it may do you a world of good. 

Just as funny as you spewing all your negative pish and  missing out any positive things. 

Away and take a week or season off from Hearts like so many of your gang promise yet fail to deliver. 

👍

Boris5115
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just as funny as you spewing all your negative pish and  missing out any positive things. 

Away and take a week or season off from Hearts like so many of your gang promise yet fail to deliver. 

👍

So what posi

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boo, the positive thread was suckled up by this shitey Fred. 

Quite admired your suggestion that the "out" should be merged with your "in". 😄

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Quite admired your suggestion that the "out" should be merged with your "in". 😄

I thought it was subtle 😉

Mods should change it to a Neilson  in / out thread for balance. 

An Oot Fred since November is just cringey as hell. 

Boris5115
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

👍

So what positive spin can you put on the two cup games I mentioned then. I do take time away from this forum because I do have a life unlike yourself. Neilson is not the man to progress us forward and only a fool can choose to see this. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Aye great 👍 and Hibs for the cup I suppose?

Don't care who wins the cup, I'd rather it wasn't hibs tho. 

Or st mirren

Or Utd. 

In fact, mon the Perth  saints. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

So what positive spin can you put on the two cup games I mentioned then. I do take time away from this forum because I do have a life unlike yourself. Neilson is not the man to progress us forward and only a fool can choose to see this. 

I have a fine life, thanks for your Concern tho. 

I'm that fine I'm OK with tinternet folk putting me down to make themselves feel. more secure and happy in their own life.

I'll try and stay on topic tho. 

No positive spin on those results, over the season tho - 

Last years sc -  final lost on pk

Lc - out to Alloa 

Sc- out to Brora 

League - winners by a distance. 

Overall, imo not a 100% sacking but  room for improvement. 

Either way I'll back Hearts and not spew shite and try not to belittle others who share a different view. 

It's difficult tho, you yourself have called me a rocket and suggested I had no life all because I back the current Hearts manager. 

Cracking stuff as per from the oot gang. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Fair comment.