Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Neilson really has lost the plot with him saying Halkett should be in the Scotland squad. The vast majority of the Hearts support would happily like to see Halkett punted. How could Ann Budge & Joe Savage have any confidence in Robbie Neilson’s judgement when he comes out with such rubbish. He has to go right after the Raith Rovers game.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, Churchill Barrier said:

A team with several internationalist playing in the championship that have only reached good performance levels half a dozen times and only when required hibs, celtic, alloa ( to make sure) couple of other league games, the rest really poor. This indicates to me a lack of motivation. Something isnt right,  and my conclusion is they dont like his tactics, and dont rate him.

Your posts have been really good so far. 

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Neilson really has lost the plot with him saying Halkett should be in the Scotland squad. The vast majority of the Hearts support would happily like to see Halkett punted. How could Ann Budge & Joe Savage have any confidence in Robbie Neilson’s judgement when he comes out with such rubbish. He has to go right after the Raith Rovers game.

A game which we will lose btw. Raith are playing some decent football under McGlynn. 

Churchill Barrier
46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Your posts have been really good so far. 

Like everyone on here ( well most) i want to see our team do well, hopefully i can contribute in a constructive way as i really dont like to see anyone connected to the club struggle,  however when they do the fans are more than often right and boards need to listen. What i find frustrating is wirh a respected knowledgeable coach and half a dozen quality singnings we can turn this around.  If we dont , well i fear much of the same. 

Greedy Jambo

Neilson deserves at least a year in the premiership for what he's done. 

Nah, i'm only kidding. He's useless.

Nookie Bear

What’s today’s angle, people?

Are we blaming Stendel, Levein, the weather, Brexit?

But we beat Alloa 6-0!!!!

Another day, another step closer to Ann facing massive unrest 🙂😛

Neilson on the charm offensive!

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-robbie-neilson-says-british-super-league-wont-happen-as-he-relishes-rangers-celtic-hibs-and-aberdeen-games-next-season-3210757

Talks about the fans, celebrations....etc....I'm sure he even mentions somewhere about entertainment.....Neilson obviously doesn't do irony!

These fans he talks about are the same fans that would have him swinging from a jib!

9 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-robbie-neilson-says-british-super-league-wont-happen-as-he-relishes-rangers-celtic-hibs-and-aberdeen-games-next-season-3210757

Talks about the fans, celebrations....etc....I'm sure he even mentions somewhere about entertainment.....Neilson obviously doesn't do irony!

These fans he talks about are the same fans that would have him swinging from a jib!

Certainly doesn’t sound like a man who won’t be here next season. Sigh!

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Certainly doesn’t sound like a man who won’t be here next season. Sigh!

Nope...It doesn't sound great. But still beggars the question....Where is Budge to defend his position whilst the flak is pouring down on his head?

He could of course be trolling us...He has previous as a WUM.

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Nope...It doesn't sound great. But still beggars the question....Where is Budge to defend his position whilst the flak is pouring down on his head?

He could of course be trolling us...He has previous as a WUM.

I’m not that arsed about hearing from her to be honest.

If nothing is changing it’s empty words and I won’t be renewing this season. Particularly if we’re not guaranteed to get in

21 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s plenty Neville Chamberlain’s in our support. 🤪

Everything on a piece of paper says we’re ok but the reality and problems lurking in the background were ignored, thus affecting the future for the wrong reasons .  👀

A very good analogy 👍

Alex Neil is about the best qualified candidate for what we're looking for. In terms of boxes ticked:

Managed in Scotland

Versed in youth development and managing the transition of young players from academy level into the first team

Has managed at a higher level

Has worked with our Sporting Director before

Not someone that jumps ship immediately

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/alex-neil-would-certainly-manage-in-scotland-again-as-he-opens-up-on-preston-exit/

''Alex Neil 'would certainly' manage in Scotland again as he opens up on Preston exit'' - Article from 15 hrs ago..

So as far as I'm concerned its up to us to pitch him a vision with knowledge that he'll be given time and patience to carry out that role. 

Nookie Bear
42 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Nothing for me to get all wound up over in that article.

I hate it when that happens :laugh:

Francis Albert

Robbie reviews the season in today's programme.

"Today is the final home game of the 2020/21 campaign and we go into it as SPFL Championship winners. Matchday 6 saw us go top of the league and it is a position we have stayed in for the past 20 weeks. There have been some fantastic performances, there have been games when we've shown grit and determination to get results and, like any other team, there has been occasions where we've come up short. One thing that cannot be questioned, however, is our worthiness of being crowned champions, and securing an instant return to the top flight. That was the goal when I returned to the club last summer, and I am pleased that we achieved it"

(Ann could at least have corrected the grammar when she signed off on it).

22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Today is the final home game of the 2020/21 campaign and we go into it as SPFL Championship winners. Matchday 6 saw us go top of the league and it is a position we have stayed in for the past 20 weeks. There have been some fantastic performances, there have been games when we've shown grit and determination to get results and, like any other team, there has been occasions where we've come up short. One thing that cannot be questioned, however, is our worthiness of being crowned champions, and securing an instant return to the top flight. That was the goal when I returned to the club last summer, and I am pleased that we achieved it"

No mention of the cup debacles then ?

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No mention of the cup debacles then ?

We came up short apparently. Like any other team.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

We came up short apparently. Like any other team.

You can't have everything, I s'pose. 🙄

27 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Neilson can go **** himself. 

25 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

That would be eye bleeding.

Surely eye watering

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Alex Neil is about the best qualified candidate for what we're looking for. In terms of boxes ticked:

Managed in Scotland

Versed in youth development and managing the transition of young players from academy level into the first team

Has managed at a higher level

Has worked with our Sporting Director before

Not someone that jumps ship immediately

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/alex-neil-would-certainly-manage-in-scotland-again-as-he-opens-up-on-preston-exit/

''Alex Neil 'would certainly' manage in Scotland again as he opens up on Preston exit'' - Article from 15 hrs ago..

So as far as I'm concerned its up to us to pitch him a vision with knowledge that he'll be given time and patience to carry out that role. 

He does, but he's not managed a top club ( relative to league) with expectations of winning things. 

Neil is the logical one imo, a bit more inspired than Mcinnes would be if we are narrowing it down to them. 

Rogue Daddy
On 22/04/2021 at 11:10, Hashimoto said:

Got it in one!

I appreciate that we are not in the same ball park as Celtic or Rangers when it comes to salaries, or even "dare I say?" attractiveness to non Scottish coaches. Hence the reason that both aforementioned clubs can attract people like, Gerrard, Rodgers...etc. And importantly, It works for them!

Hearts tendency to go for Scottishness is one of the glaring reasons for why we fail to progress in terms of coaching, and development of young promising players. 

Budge needs to think more "*out of the box"....She needs to IMO go for someone that can handle a club the size of, and with the potential of Hearts.

I'm not daft enough to suggest who our potential candidates are. There are plenty of young, budding coaches who were coached in the right way by highly esteemed managers/coaches, and they all have a winners attitude. Lot's of players now at the end of good, illustrious playing careers. They, again IMO would bring the right attitude and ambition....We don't have to look any further than Gerrard to see that. 

And before anyone hits me over the head with *Cathro...just remember he was appointed with Levein boldly standing over and overseeing every activity at the club. He didn't stand a chance!

I agree that we need to think 'out the box'.... outside the OF, we must have the most attractive support, facilities and finances. You can't tell me that there aren't a number of coaches out there, that wouldn't relish challenging the OF for a title and back themselves to do so. I'm thinking along the lines of a Moyes or Warnock... surely with the millions we can offer, they would have us up there. These guys certainly wouldn't be afraid of visiting the uglies.

We really are letting ourselves down at the moment - we have the capability to challenge at the top of the Prem.... we just need a bit of direction and leadership, but we ARE capable, we have the infrastructure.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

He should have been gone after the Brora game,either sacked or resigned. And before anyone says " och things like that happen in football", not in this case, I cannot think of another top team that has been beaten by a bunch of amateurs that hadn't played in months, disgraceful. We won the league,great, but I think I could have made a good fist of winning the league with the squad we have. Not a boast on my part just pointing out the gulf between us and the rest.

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The Gorgie Goebbels is some boy likes. 

sandylejambo

He is so NOT what we need or want, in charge of our team, if she thinks he is she can GTF as well. so can anyone who thinks they can be successful under this arse.

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

That would be eye bleeding.

Side to side and back the way. 😄

maroonlegions

He is going to end up being hated even more than CL..   Budge is also in danger of joining  him if she does not feck off soon.

Edited by maroonlegions

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Well nobody expected Robbie Neilson to say anything else and the truth on how the team has played in this poor league is ignored. It’s our support I feel sorry for because there is not one person coming forward from the club to give us any hope for the future after the worst season I have ever witnessed since my first game watching Hearts in 1958. Watching these games in the house has been the most painful experience ever and Robbie Neilson has escaped the wrath of our support that no other manager would of experienced. Yes I hope this is Robbie’s last comments in the Hearts programme as manager because the man is just not good enough to manage Hearts.

Arthur Morgan

Wow, just checked the form table and if you look at it over the past 5 games we sit 5th. If you look at it over the past 10 games we sit 5th! How on earth is that acceptable given the tinpot league we are in? We are only 8 points above Raith, for me that is unacceptable and not good enough.

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Wow, just checked the form table and if you look at it over the past 5 games we sit 5th. If you look at it over the past 10 games we sit 5th! How on earth is that acceptable given the tinpot league we are in? We are only 8 points above Raith, for me that is unacceptable and not good enough.

No disrespect to you mate but the only thing any hearts fan needs to appreciate how bad we are under RN is a pair of working eyes. The debate has become an exchange of stats to back him up or put him down. The people we are arguing with will accept any level of mediocrity from an Ann Budge hearts team and there is nothing will drag them out of defensive mode. We were demoted and they try to ignore the demise under Levein and blame it on Stendel. When RN ruins next season and Ann sacks him they’ll be praising her for being decisive and insisting going with RN was the correct decision and everything is easy with hindsight. They are brainwashed  

3 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Bump- can't believe SRB & TJ aren't all over this heresy. 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

No disrespect to you mate but the only thing any hearts fan needs to appreciate how bad we are under RN is a pair of working eyes. The debate has become an exchange of stats to back him up or put him down. The people we are arguing with will accept any level of mediocrity from an Ann Budge hearts team and there is nothing will drag them out of defensive mode. We were demoted and they try to ignore the demise under Levein and blame it on Stendel. When RN ruins next season and Ann sacks him they’ll be praising her for being decisive and insisting going with RN was the correct decision and everything is easy with hindsight. They are brainwashed  

I think we would all accept the inconsistency of performances since the New year if we were watching a young team, youth getting a run and the odd academy product being given game time to see how they cope. 

The best thing about the last few games has been the return of Souttar and, to a lesser extent, Haring, but the rest are the same old faces just going through the motions. 

And still no sign of what we are trying to achieve on the pitch. Unless the opposition naively attacks us like Dundee and Alloa did, we simply do not cope. That is not going to change next season, bar playing the old firm and hibs. 

10 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We could end up only 2 points ahead of Raith by the end of this season.

I always thought 55 points (equivalent of winning home, drawing away) would see us win league due to poor standard of league and muchness of other clubs taking points off each other. 

I expected a minimum of 65.

We will end up between 8 and 14 points off that that.

Edited by DETTY29

He has to go simple as that. The negativity that he has brought both on and off the pitch is beyond repair.

Looking like a relegation dog fight next season if he is allowed to continue.

willie wallace

Last home game of the season and a comfortable 3-1 victory.

We can't go up and collect the trophy if we lose can we🤔🏆

willie wallace
1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

Last home game of the season and a comfortable 3-1 victory.

We can't go up and collect the,trophy if we lose can we🤔🏆

Sorry,wrong thread

Rick Sanchez

There's no chance he can achieve anything that will make us forget about Brora. The challenges they overcame to beat us makes it even more shambolic. No training, no games, work etc.

He should be embarrassed to call himself a football manager.

23 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sorry Robbie.

'This place would be rocking'

Not reading the room.

It’s deliberate from him imo. Unless he thinks, because there are no fans in Tynie, that nobody actually watched the numerous abject performances against shite.