Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry to hear about your father passing in such a manner. My own had dementia and passed months before Hibs won the cup, he would’ve been glad not to see that. 
Great points about the club too. 

Thanks for your kind words PFK. Sad to see the demise of once proud men and I’m glad your father never witnessed the wee team breaking their hoodoo. 

Our club seem to be in free fall and I’m starting to question the logic in my £51 per month donation. My season tickets are on hold until we are rid of yet another inept manager. If he is given another transfer window then I will put my monthly donation also on hold. I can’t financially back the club any longer when I see good money being poured down the drain and when does enough actually become enough?

I’ve reached a crossroads in my unwavering financial support of our great club but it’s now time to make a stance!

Budge over, Neilson out! 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

credit card
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Still shite, being an international these days means absolutely nothing. 
Souttar is just back and was not that great in his last international, at fault for the goal and two bookings in 51 minutes. Smith is a bang average player who is consistent but has looked good in a poor team, he still hasn’t crossed for Boyce to score. Boyce has scored one goal in 28 games for NI, but needs chances to score. GMS looks like he has lost any semblance of physical ability whilst in the US. Gordon does his usual, which is great. Berra is an international too. Naismith at RW and midfield is not using him to the best of his abilities. 

The blame lies with Neilson for not getting more out of those players though who should be wiping the floor with teams that have 1 maybe 2 GK in their books in this tinpot league. 

I'm agreeing with you its Neilson that sets the tactics and he needs to go. Separately though don't you agree any team with 6 or 7 full internationists shouldn't need anyone else how to tell them to beat Morton, Alloa or Brora for example.

The dressing room is lost.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Churchill Barrier said:

I remember when Wallace Mercer sacked Alec Mcdonald he described watching our performances

As 'like a ship without a sail.'

I think thats where we are just now.

Problem is, it got worse after that for i8hibsha good few years, the ship sank, sail and all. Then, just for the banter MacDonalds Airdrie team knocked us out the cups and handed our arse on a plate in the league several times. 

It's actually a great example, change can be good but it can be worse. 

It's no reason not to change, but timing is important and what happens next even more so. 

Robbie oot isn't half a plan. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I totally agree with this. There needs to be more. As fans, we don't need to have the rest of the plan. I'm hoping that if the board act (and I think they should) that they have the rest of that plan.

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Problem is, it got worse after that fir a good few years, the ship sank, sail and all. Then, just for the banter MacDonalds Airdrie team knocked us out the cups and handed our arse on a plate in the league several times. 

It's no reason not to change, but timing is important and what happens next even more so. 

We are abysmal. It couldn’t be any worse. 

And yes we’ve been promoted. Ann Budge would have managed us to promotion.  

gashauskis9

So he moaned about the pitch again, even though he was happy to field a guy who has had three serious ankle/Achilles injuries in two seasons onto said pitch?  Make your mind up Robbie.  

17 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I want him gone but Budge bailing the club out for £3 million in personal loans is a game changer. Neilson is here until she gets her money back and then walks out.  I hate saying this : he's not going. 

We have the money to pay her do wee not ?

15 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

So he moaned about the pitch again, even though he was happy to field a guy who has had three serious ankle/Achilles injuries in two seasons onto said pitch?  Make your mind up Robbie.  

I liked how he said that he knew it would be difficult beforehand because of the surface but then also said that we started by passing it about.

Proves he hasn't got a clue and is just getting through the weeks, picking up a salary.

I live in hope that Budge wants to allow him to pick up the trophy and finish the season as the winning manager then will remove him the following day. Problem is that I doubt it will happen like that.

Gordon Ramsay
21 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Are you Gorgie Boot Boy?

Think you've nailed it there. 

Posts like a 10 year old with ADHD. 

Neilson to Falkirk ? He could take one of his pals with him.

Neil to Hearts with Naismith as one of his assistants either Ass. Manager or 1st team Coach.

Just wishful thinking.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Neil to Hearts with Naismith as one of his assistants either Ass. Manager or 1st team Coach.

Just wishful thinking.

That would get me back on board and full of optimism heading into the new season.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Just wishful thinking.

You never know. 

7 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

That would get me back on board and full of optimism heading into the new season.

👍

Churchill Barrier
19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Problem is, it got worse after that for i8hibsha good few years, the ship sank, sail and all. Then, just for the banter MacDonalds Airdrie team knocked us out the cups and handed our arse on a plate in the league several times. 

Its  only a mistake if you dont pick the right person. Back then like now there is a tendency to stick with a circle of coaches , who  " know scottish football ' i believe that's what holds a lot of teams back, managers that are beaten in glasgow as they pass harthill. Im not wanting to start a Stendel debate, however i do wonder what difference he would have made coming into club now, where there is no relegation threat, time to work with players, time to sign his own.

As for Neilson , i just don't think he has the credibility with the players and fans to take us to where we should be. 

1 minute ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Its  only a mistake if you dont pick the right person. Back then like now there is a tendency to stick with a circle of coaches , who  " know scottish football ' i believe that's what holds a lot of teams back, managers that are beaten in glasgow as they pass harthill. Im not wanting to start a Stendel debate, however i do wonder what difference he would have made coming into club now, where there is no relegation threat, time to work with players, time to sign his own.

As for Neilson , i just don't think he has the credibility with the players and fans to take us to where we should be. 

Got it in one!

I appreciate that we are not in the same ball park as Celtic or Rangers when it comes to salaries, or even "dare I say?" attractiveness to non Scottish coaches. Hence the reason that both aforementioned clubs can attract people like, Gerrard, Rodgers...etc. And importantly, It works for them!

Hearts tendency to go for Scottishness is one of the glaring reasons for why we fail to progress in terms of coaching, and development of young promising players. 

Budge needs to think more "*out of the box"....She needs to IMO go for someone that can handle a club the size of, and with the potential of Hearts.

I'm not daft enough to suggest who our potential candidates are. There are plenty of young, budding coaches who were coached in the right way by highly esteemed managers/coaches, and they all have a winners attitude. Lot's of players now at the end of good, illustrious playing careers. They, again IMO would bring the right attitude and ambition....We don't have to look any further than Gerrard to see that. 

And before anyone hits me over the head with *Cathro...just remember he was appointed with Levein boldly standing over and overseeing every activity at the club. He didn't stand a chance!

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Generally agree reference Scottish managers and thier mindset. 

However, I think the players are on board with Neilson. 

Nookie Bear

Get him out of this club :lol:

******* Brora, man :lol:

dodgy pitches and losing at home to QoS :lol:

Get this charlatan consigned to the record books.

I wonder if Alex Neil has been lined up to replace Robbie in the summer? 

I realise others have said he's settled down there and isn't keen to take a gamble coming here but with Savage here I think the risk element is much reduced (i.e he's going to get time and support from someone he's worked with in a league he's familiar with). 

Its interesting he's not taken a new job already considering there's always something going in the managerial merry go round that is English football. 

McGlynn The Money
23 hours ago, lou said:

I can't understand why Robbie thinks adopting the Craig Levien manner in laughing and cracking jokes is going to help at all, you would think he would realise how this pissed the fans off last time, unless of course he is trying to troll us

23 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Maybe just his last defiant dig at the support.....I genuinely think he is trolling us. Why use does he go out of his way to deliberately wind us up?
He knows he is gone....He is just putting the boot into us now....Why else come out with " ramming it down the throats" quote
Neilson = Dead man walking

I think it is trolling. He shares Ann's contempt for the ungrateful fans and, like her, thinks we should just be grateful for whatever shite they serve up.

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wonder if Alex Neil has been lined up to replace Robbie in the summer? 

I realise others have said he's settled down there and isn't keen to take a gamble coming here but with Savage here I think the risk element is much reduced (i.e he's going to get time and support from someone he's worked with in a league he's familiar with). 

Its interesting he's not taken a new job already considering there's always something going in the managerial merry go round that is English football. 

You can only hope.

Just want to get back to being run like a normal football club.

Nookie Bear

ARBROATH 0-0 HEARTS

BRORA 2-1 HEARTS

HEARTS 2-3 QOS

DUNFERMLINE 0-0 HEARTS

HEARTS 6-0 ALLOA

MORTON 0-0 HEARTS

Folk skirting around the issue by talking about everything except the basic facts staring right in their deluded faces.

Gordon Ramsay
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

ARBROATH 0-0 HEARTS

BRORA 2-1 HEARTS

HEARTS 2-3 QOS

DUNFERMLINE 0-0 HEARTS

HEARTS 6-0 ALLOA

MORTON 0-0 HEARTS

Folk skirting around the issue by talking about everything except the basic facts staring right in their deluded faces.

No Hearts manager should survive that run of results. 

Absolutely appalling. 

Let's not forget prior to these games we also dropped points, got knocked out the League Cup by Alloa and even the games we won we bored the opponent into submission. 

Just leave and take Annie with you. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

ARBROATH 0-0 HEARTS

BRORA 2-1 HEARTS

HEARTS 2-3 QOS

DUNFERMLINE 0-0 HEARTS

HEARTS 6-0 ALLOA

MORTON 0-0 HEARTS

Basic facts? 

Staring? 

Deluded faces? 

Screenshot_20210422_115357_com.android.chrome.jpg

Nookie Bear
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Basic facts? 

Staring? 

Deluded faces? 

:lol:

It's been an utterly shambolic campaign where he has zero idea what his best team is, zero idea of his best formation and zero idea of how to get the players playing in anything like a coherent way.

We have got away with it due to the weakness across the division but it is time to move on and look forward and consign Robbie to another Championship club.

This isnt going to go away SRB and Ann needs to act before the fans are allowed anywhere near Tynie as it will get very ugly.

18 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We have the money to pay her do wee not ?

To buy ownership yes. The loans of £3 million are a different matter - and being as she's such a control freak I don't see her giving up control any time soon , not least until that loan is paid back. Another 3 years at least ? She'll have to be dragged out of there. 

29 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

No Hearts manager should survive that run of results. 

Absolutely appalling. 

Let's not forget prior to these games we also dropped points, got knocked out the League Cup by Alloa and even the games we won we bored the opponent into submission. 

Just leave and take Annie with you. 

There’s plenty Neville Chamberlain’s in our support. 🤪

Everything on a piece of paper says we’re ok but the reality and problems lurking in the background were ignored, thus affecting the future for the wrong reasons .  👀

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Everything on a piece of paper says we’re ok but the reality and problems lurking in the background were ignored, thus affecting the future for the wrong reasons .  👀

Excellent analogy. Plenty Chamberlains on here. 

12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

'Good football for our time!'

Just now, Sertse said:

'Good football for our time!'

Ann "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".

Oh, and take Robbie with you as well. 

The Mighty Thor
56 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

ARBROATH 0-0 HEARTS

BRORA 2-1 HEARTS

HEARTS 2-3 QOS

DUNFERMLINE 0-0 HEARTS

HEARTS 6-0 ALLOA

MORTON 0-0 HEARTS

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Basic facts? 

Staring? 

Deluded faces? 

It's like calling Beetlejuice 3 times. 😂

Gordon Ramsay
25 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's like calling Beetlejuice 3 times. 😂

Still dont think he's a real person.

No one can spend that amount of time on a football forum. 

Must be like built into KB to annoy everyone, maybe the mods get pleasure out of it. 

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Must be like built into KB to annoy everyone, maybe the mods get pleasure out of it. 

A minor irritation who has consistently been proven to have backed the wrong horse time and time again.

Churchill Barrier
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Generally agree reference Scottish managers and thier mindset. 

However, I think the players are on board with Neilson. 

They aren't playing like they are. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Churchill Barrier said:

When the Club Captain says the Brora defeat was coming, it kinda refutes the suggestion the players are playing for Robbie.

Churchill Barrier
2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Got it in one!

I appreciate that we are not in the same ball park as Celtic or Rangers when it comes to salaries, or even "dare I say?" attractiveness to non Scottish coaches. Hence the reason that both aforementioned clubs can attract people like, Gerrard, Rodgers...etc. And importantly, It works for them!

Hearts tendency to go for Scottishness is one of the glaring reasons for why we fail to progress in terms of coaching, and development of young promising players. 

Budge needs to think more "*out of the box"....She needs to IMO go for someone that can handle a club the size of, and with the potential of Hearts.

I'm not daft enough to suggest who our potential candidates are. There are plenty of young, budding coaches who were coached in the right way by highly esteemed managers/coaches, and they all have a winners attitude. Lot's of players now at the end of good, illustrious playing careers. They, again IMO would bring the right attitude and ambition....We don't have to look any further than Gerrard to see that. 

And before anyone hits me over the head with *Cathro...just remember he was appointed with Levein boldly standing over and overseeing every activity at the club. He didn't stand a chance!

A character like Gerrard earns respect from players, a winner, coached by some of the best throughout his career, knows standards required. A similar if not such a big name would be a shout, someone that is starting out and needs to prove themself.

I dont know who but i am sure they exist in clubs set ups , like Gerrard was. 

It would be fresh and different,  pressley , hartley, mcann, mcinnes... boring.

44 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Not even the forum, usually this thread. 

Obsession. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Not even the forum, usually this thread. 

Obsession. 

It’s certainly weird behaviour from that poster.

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Just wishful thinking.

Naisy didn't do too well at Norwich, but he obviously knows Neil, who signed him there I think.

Do wonder if that could work.  Problem may be that I doubt Naismith would hold back from letting it be known what he expects, and are you caught inbetween as player/coach.  Tearing in to the guys on the training ground for mistakes and then lining up next to them.  Not sure, to be honest.  Don't mind the idea though.

Neil, plus his choice of assistant with Naismith learning under them.  Neil moves on to some English Prem team after smashing it for 3 years, Naismith takes over, apprenticeship served.

Lets do that!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Not sure I agree. 

Lots of huff and puff, effort imo. 

Quality, not so much. 

Boyce in a recent interview was accountable as well. 

Churchill Barrier
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure I agree. 

Lots of huff and puff, effort imo. 

Quality, not so much. 

Boyce in a recent interview was accountable as well. 

A team with several internationalist playing in the championship that have only reached good performance levels half a dozen times and only when required hibs, celtic, alloa ( to make sure) couple of other league games, the rest really poor. This indicates to me a lack of motivation. Something isnt right,  and my conclusion is they dont like his tactics, and dont rate him.

4 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He's like a hibsnet trollbot they crafted

I just ignore

Bad Religion
7 minutes ago, Sertse said:

He's like a hibsnet trollbot they crafted

I just ignore

He wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, Churchill Barrier said:

A team with several internationalist playing in the championship that have only reached good performance levels half a dozen times and only when required hibs, celtic, alloa ( to make sure) couple of other league games, the rest really poor. This indicates to me a lack of motivation. Something isnt right,  and my conclusion is they dont like his tactics, and dont rate him.

100%