Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Just now, David Black said:

The problem with Budge is that she is over loyal to the coaches, but less so to those that really matter, the fans. She has shown no affinity what so ever to us during this entire shambles which she has presided over.

On the button mate.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

kingantti1874

Does anyone genuinely believe neilson will be here at the start of the 22/23 season? Does anyone genuinely think he is capable of doing enough ?

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Which probably means another season squandered due to stubbornness.  Foolish keeping him on thinking a couple of signings will win us over.   

We need a whole new atmosphere around the club.

Snide digs at the fans and neilson thinks he'll win the fans over.  The external noise was aimed at us.  Why not also address the fans concerns as well?   He has lost it and we need to go into the new season with optimism and he isn't going to bring that. 

I'd like to see evidence of the majority wanting him still here

Yes, without a doubt his "external noise" comment was directed at us!

That's all we are to him....external noise. I don't mind him getting his dig in, but bearing in mind it's a two way thing! He is going to get it tight the minute fans are allowed in (assuming he is still around to stink the place out)

Neilson Out

Berra than you

All the 'ITK'ers saying he's a goner seem to have been posted missing since Friday. Would be nice to know if they are still as confident.

56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, it happened with Stendel and was supported by the same folk that defend Neilson and did so with Levein also 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?! 

Who do you think we should have got and is he still available ie within our reach?

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, David Black said:

The problem with Budge is that she is over loyal to the coaches, but less so to those that really matter, the fans. She has shown no affinity what so ever to us during this entire shambles which she has presided over.

Indeed, we are just to shut up and keep shelling out. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Which probably means another season squandered due to stubbornness.  Foolish keeping him on thinking a couple of signings will win us over.   

We need a whole new atmosphere around the club.

Snide digs at the fans and neilson thinks he'll win the fans over.  The external noise was aimed at us.  Why not also address the fans concerns as well?   He has lost it and we need to go into the new season with optimism and he isn't going to bring that. 

I'd like to see evidence of the majority wanting him still here

I’m not sure they give a **** about winning us over, they just think we are fickle enough to forget how bad we’ve been in the majority of the games. The “genuine” Hearts fans don’t create external noise in their opinion. They think that the two FoH representatives are indicative of the support. 

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I've never been in the "Robbie was to blame for hibs winning the cup" camp.

But his record in cup competitions is shocking. 

Even his biggest fans can't defend that

The Broro result was shocking. 

No defence. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nonesense. 

Lots of fans will. 

Lots of fans already have. 

A select few won't forget about past results, most will move forward whoever the manager is. 

I'll no forget his cup winning tackle against Gretna. 

I'll no forget strolling the championship with Rangers and Hibs nowhere to be seen. 

I'll no forget us sitting 2nd when he left due to some people's attitudes. 

I'll no forget getting us back up at a canter, even playing pish. 

I'll no forget that Diddy Stendel putting us in the position to be papped down a league. 

Mon Robbie. 

Auldbenches
57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure they give a **** about winning us over, they just think we are fickle enough to forget how bad we’ve been in the majority of the games. The “genuine” Hearts fans don’t create external noise in their opinion. They think that the two FoH representatives are indicative of the support. 

They've played the 'genuine fans' card for a couple of seasons now and must be stupid if they think that this works.  That or they think we are.  I think it's the latter.   I think they are in for a shock this time.  

I notice that the Hapoy clappers are trying their old trick and are only focusing on the Brora game.   Do you think they actually brief each other before posting? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

They've played the 'genuine fans' card for a couple of seasons now and must be stupid if they think that this works.  That or they think we are.  I think it's the latter.   I think they are in for a shock this time.  

I notice that the Hapoy clappers are trying their old trick and are only focusing on the Brora game.   Do you think they actually brief each other before posting? 

The board definitely think we are stupid, and don’t matter. 
It’s far too coordinated for the happy clappers, I think you can get notifications if someone posts. 
They come up with a new excuse, like the player are leaving don’t care, and run with it. The fact that it happens at all clubs doesn’t seem to resonate, or that they’re criticising the present and former manager for not doing due diligence on the character of the signings. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Say what you like about Srb....He's a trier!

Approx 75% want the fraud gone. That clearly is indicative enough to let the board at Tynecastle know exactly the mood in the room.
Now some people might argue that Jkb is not representative of the Hearts support. However, given that there is no official club forum, or even a FoH managed forum Jkb is the only real representation that the fan base has! 
75% across a cross section of the support are numbers that the hierarchy at Tynecastle should be worrying about. Despite what deniers like Srb say.
Political straw polls conducted across a cross section of the population usually paint a true reflection of how voting will go. This poll IMO is no different.

IMO....Budge will cut him loose. She has no choice....It's either Neilson, or a very large part of her customer base!
Whilst I don't expect Hearts to make an announcement any time soon. I expect that a new coaching team will be in place before pre season training.

Neilson Out 

Spot on, I know a lot of Hearts supporters and every single one of them wants him to leave. 

Italian Lambretta
17 minutes ago, jambali said:

Has he gone yet?

He wont go unitl Budge realises the fans where serious when she gets the news a large amount have not renewed their season tickets.

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'll no forget strolling the championship with Rangers and Hibs nowhere to be seen. 

I'll no forget that Diddy Stendel putting us in the position to be papped down a league. 

Mon Robbie. 

cracking tackle but what does a cup winning tackle against Gretna have to do with his ability to manage hearts.

what does Daniel Stendel have to do with it? i agree with you on Stendel but it’s got nothing to do with it

This season has been turgid! The vast majority of fans have lost trust after 2 of the worst defeats in our history one of which is a contender for the biggest cup upset of all time. It can’t be fixed. It’s that simple. He’s not good enough and regardless of what happens he won’t be in the job by Christmas.

it’s all about whether we are happy to sacrifice next season or not

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

He wont go unitl Budge realises the fans where serious when she gets the news a large amount have not renewed their season tickets.

And if STs are renewed is that a vote in confidence in Neilson? Not convinced ST sales will be affected given no-one's been able to go to a game for a season. If they didn't exactly decline during the height of the anti-Levein hysteria (didn't sales actually go up or at least hold steady?), they're unlikely to decline this season for football reasons. They might for pandemic and economic reasons, and I'm sure a few grumpy sods will cancel and regret it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The Real Maroonblood
55 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Mon Robbie. 

:rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo

It's interesting how Budge's support and backing for coaches is seen as a bad thing on here. I'm not sure that's the view of prospective Hearts managers. One thing's for sure, sacking a guy who delivered on the main target during a pandemic will make a few stop and think.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It's interesting how Budge's support and backing for coaches is seen as a bad thing on here. I'm not sure that's the view of prospective Hearts managers. One thing's for sure, sacking a guy who delivered on the main target during a pandemic will make a few stop and think.

Don’t worry, he won’t be sacked until he’s ruined next season. Fans just want a team on the pitch that reflects the investment the first team has had. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Mon Robbie. 

😂😂

I'm OK if goes or stays. 

Asing as we kick on next Season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t worry, he won’t be sacked until he’s ruined next season. Fans just want a team on the pitch that reflects the investment the first team has had. 

Well we have had that this season, just not enough. That's Neilson's challenge. And the players who really do need to accept some blame and to be fair some senior ones like Boyce and Gordon are stepping up to say that. Neilson has certainly not lost the dressing room, which was the rumour on here. Hearts vs Falkirk under Joe Jordan - THAT'S losing the dressing room.

Plus of course Neilson is not responsible for most of the playing investment in this season's squad. That came before him.

There's no doubt we'll get plenty of interest, but potential managers will have some questions and will want some guarantees they'll be given time to build their own team and not dropped like a hot potato at the first sign of trouble. That likely means we'd find it hard to lure someone already in a job and doing well away. Just something worth thinking about, and I'm sure the people responsible for hiring and firing are considering that. Luckily fans don't run football clubs as we'd run out of managers in about 5 years.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Well we have has that this season, just not enough. That's Neilson's challenge.

There's no doubt we'll get plenty of interest, but potential managers will have some questions and will want some guarantees they'll be given time to build their own team and not dropped like a hot potato at the first sign of trouble. That likely means we'd find it hard to lure someone already in a job and doing well away. Just something worth thinking about, and I'm sure the people responsible for hiring and firing are considering that. Luckily fans don't run football clubs as we'd run out of managers in about 5 years.

It’s all academic. Robbie will be going nowhere. I’m resigned to that now. Won’t stop me criticising when it’s due but hoping she’ll be brave and do what’s right for hearts rather than what is fair for Robbie is pie in the sky. 

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well we have has that this season, just not enough. That's Neilson's challenge.

First sign of trouble 😂

If we finish any lower than 3rd next season it will be second worst run of league placing in our entire history. 

thecarnbeejambo

the league has been won even though this season has been by enlarge one to forget.. apart from fridays rout against the bottom team the football has been dreadful. just wondering if this means thay robbie is off the hook and are happy to let him waste more money on less than average players i hope ann makes the.... for her... the tough decision to say thanks robbie but time for a change.. any thoughts ?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s all academic. Robbie will be going nowhere. I’m resigned to that now. Won’t stop me criticising when it’s due but hoping she’ll be brave and do what’s right for hearts rather than what is fair for Robbie is pie in the sky. 

As I said, giving a manager you hire who met the target you gave him time to properly build his team probably is the right (and brave) thing to do. The cowardly thing to do would be to bow to fans (or some fans - that was a pretty pathetic "demonstration" outside Tynecastle with mostly kids) pressure every time we have a bad result.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

First sign of trouble 😂

If we finish any lower than 3rd next season it will be second worst run of league placing in our entire history. 

From the POV of a potential new manager, yes. And again, Neilson is not responsible for the previous managers. Who is our last manager who delivered in terms of league placings every season he's been in charge?

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Mon Robbie. 

Ah, so everything is Stendal’s fault...are you Craig Levein? Cos that was his line

As I said, giving a manager you hire who met the target you gave him time to properly build his team probably is the right (and brave) thing to do. The cowardly thing to do would be to bow to fans (or some fans - that was a pretty pathetic "demonstration" outside Tynecastle with mostly kids) pressure every time we have a bad result.

Robbie Neilson is not the best manager to give hearts the greatest chance of a successful season in the top flight. That’s my opinion. Being brave would be getting rid of him and bringing the right man in. I’m not asking her to bow to fans, I’m asking her, for once, to do the right thing to give us the best shout of a good season. 

It’s like giving your 8 year old son a birthday cake to take along the road to his granny’s,he drops it a few times and by the time it gets to his granny’s it’s unrecognisable but the cake still got there.Do you or would you trust him to deliver another cake the next week??

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, HMFC 86 said:

Ah, so everything is Stendal’s fault...are you Craig Levein? Cos that was his line

The overall decline is absolutely Craig Levein's fault, going back to the poor judgement call to appoint Cathro and give him free reign even though he later admitted he wasn't ready. Everyone agrees that.

Getting demoted was down to Doncaster and co as we absolutely could have survived if we'd got the last few games.

Being in the position to get demoted when the league was called though was absolutely Stendel's fault, even just for his decisions around the goalie alone. He was being paid a shit lot of money to avoid that and made the almighty mess we were in every worse.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Agentjambo said:

It’s like giving your 8 year old son a birthday cake to take along the road to his granny’s,he drops it a few times and by the time it gets to his granny’s it’s unrecognisable but the cake still got there.Do you or would you trust him to deliver another cake the next week??

That's a shit analogy.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Robbie Neilson is not the best manager to give hearts the greatest chance of a successful season in the top flight. That’s my opinion. Being brave would be getting rid of him and bringing the right man in. I’m not asking her to bow to fans, I’m asking her, for once, to do the right thing to give us the best shout of a good season. 

You clearly can see into the future so I'll leave you to your time travelling.

You clearly can see into the future so I'll leave you to your time travelling.

Did you actually watch any of the games this season?

That's a shit analogy.

It’s true though,his target/aim was to deliver the cake to his granny.What a mess he made of it getting there though.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s true though,his target/aim was to deliver the cake to his granny.What a mess he made of it getting there though.

If the Championship trophy was made of flour, eggs and sugar and Robbie Neilson tripped while handing it to Budge then you might have a point.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did you actually watch any of the games this season?

I would say 95% of them. I posted on another thread, I worked out I enjoyed around 15 very much (mostly because I like goals and we scored a lot, plus I enjoy a good 1-0 or 2-1 hard-fought win now and then) and the rest were meh - had the feed on in the background, or a few I watched through my fingers swearing a lot or just switched off in frustration, and one was absolutely dire but luckily I only saw the second half. Unluckily I paid for the feed at half time.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The Broro result was shocking. 

No defence. 

As was Alloa, as was Birkikara

I would say 90%. I posted on another thread, I worked out I enjoyed around 15 very much (mostly because I like goals and we scored a lot, plus I enjoy a good 1-0 or 2-1 hard-fought win now and then) and the rest were meh - had the feed on in the background - a few I watched through my fingers swearing a lot, or just switched off in frustration, and one was absolutely dire but luckily I only saw the second half. Unluckily I paid for the feed at half time.

So, after watching all that football, your opinion is that Robbie Neilson will deliver the best results over the league and cup campaign next season?

That is what you honestly believe. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If the Championship trophy was made of flour, eggs and sugar and Robbie Neilson tripped while handing it to Budge then you might have a point.

He did,we are in a mess.will the squad we have we should be beating most if not every team in the league convincingly.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

He did,we are in a mess.will the squad we have we should be beating most if not every team in the league convincingly.

We did if you actually look at the season as a whole. I make it every team except Caley and Dunfermline got at least one hiding off us, and we did beat both of those teams even if we didn't win by 2 or 3. Even some of the 1-0s were highly convincing. They other team barely got into our half and we dominated possession and had lots of attempts on goal, but our finishing let us down in a handful of games. That's not all on Neilson IMO.

I get it, people want more. Not convinced changing manager is the guarantee of things improving people think it is.

Some people obviously still think Robbie is the answer. A few players seem to have got worse over the course of the season but can we have a list of the players he has helped improve this season?

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We did if you actually look at the season as a whole. I make it every team except Caley and Dunfermline got at least one hiding off us, and we did beat both of those teams even if we didn't win by 2 or 3. Even some of the 1-0s were highly convincing. They other team barely got into our half and we dominated possession and had lots of attempts on goal, but our finishing let us down in a handful of games. That's not all on Neilson IMO.

I get it, people want more. Not convinced changing manager is the guarantee of things improving people think it is.

But you are convinced keeping the manager is a guarantee of things improving??

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Naw, it isnae. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In the space of 6 months, hearts lost or drew with.

Dunfermline * 2

Alloa

Queen of the south * 2

Morton

Alloa

Arbroath

Dundee

Brora Rangers 

Inverness

Raith Rovers 

we dropped points to these diddy teams in then capped it off with a loss to Brora Rangers in the Scottish cup.

an absolute embarrassment. Neilson should be ashamed of that record 

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So, after watching all that football, your opinion is that Robbie Neilson will deliver the best results over the league and cup campaign next season?

That is what you honestly believe. 

No I've watched football long enough to have no idea how we'll do next season so I never make predictions. The only time I've made a prediction before a campaign of where we'll finish is our two Championship seasons. I've been 100% sure we'd win them easily and it's the only time I've bet money on our final finishing position. The only thing I know, from experience, is it makes little difference who our manager is or how we did the previous season.

I just believe that managers need a reasonable amount of time to build a really good team. Typically every manager has a short term and long term job. Neilson has done his short term job, now I want to see how he rebuilds in summer. Stendel failed in his short term job. Even if he'd got the last 8 games and managed to keep us up by the skin of our teeth, I would have been underwhelmed but still would have wanted to give him the summer to start carrying out his longer term job. This chopping and changing of manager is not a good strategy. We saw it under Romanov and we've seen it the last few years. Our neighbours saw it for 10 years and it did them no good either.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

But you are convinced keeping the manager is a guarantee of things improving??

No I don't say that anywhere. In fact I've pointed out there aren't any guarantees many times. There's no guarantee he'll do badly or that he'll do well. One things for sure, approaching the season intending to hound him out from day one is less likely to help the team perform better.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

As was Alloa, as was Birkikara

Alloa, put out from a club in the same division-not for me. 

The European result is one of many by Scottish teams, I'd be happy with getting in Europe again Tbh, like we did under Rab first tone after promotion. 

Brora is utter jobbies tho.