Big Cup: put out by Celtic in 3rd round
Wee Cup: put out by Celtic in 4th round

This year (so far):

20-21.jpg.5ad50cf13e6d82e92d01a5f1776e1a26.jpg

Win ratio: 62.5%
Points per game: 2.08
Big Cup: put out by Brora Rangers in 2nd round
Wee Cup: put out by Alloa in 2nd round

I'd caveat that by adding that in 2014 the league included Rangers, the vermin, an OK Livingston side and a decent Falkirk side.

This season it was just full of shite.

16 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I'd caveat that by adding that in 2014 the league included Rangers, the vermin, an OK Livingston side and a decent Falkirk side.

Correct.

And in 14/15 we didn't have two pennies to rub together.
This year was the result of years of multi million pound investment by the fans.

Edited by Cade

thecarnbeejambo

from the moment we were relegated gaining promotion was the priority..so from that prospective  we have achieved what we set out to do.. however... robbie has totally, due to his ill advised comments.. lost the support..  when this happens there is only going to be one winner. fans are the constant.. managers chairmen/ women are temporary. so thank you robbie but its time to say goodbye

19 hours ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

This guy overseen the worst result in our history.....is he away yet? 👀

Safest job in football

Took him until our last competitive game to play players in their proper position

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m going to try and play pros and cons here. In such a divisive world some balance is needed.

Pros:

1. We know that the team Robbie put together after Budge/Levein cleared the decks on Budgement Day he, and the recruitment team around him, put together a team that played exciting attacking football for 3/4s of his first season in a much tougher league than this season’s Championship

2. First season back we got 3rd, started with 5 wins on the trot but played kind of stagnated football at times as the season wore on. However as a young manager in only his 2nd season in charge of a massive team this was a really decent result. People can play revisionism all they want but I do remember people on here saying that consolidation in our first season back would be acceptable.

3. The football seemed to get more turgid next season yet we stayed high up the league and games in hand or not he left us second. His last two games he tweaked the formation and we had Djoum and Bjorn in particular playing fantastically well in wins which included Rangers. 

4. He gets the job done - however badly or disappointly or boringly we quite rightly think - and he will still have one of the best statistical records of our managers.

5. Somehow this season our play and performance against the 2nd and 3rd teams in the SPL in the cup not only matched them but bettered them (IMO)

Cons:

6. Some of our worst results in our history have happened under his watch

7. He seems to be good in pre-season as we generally start well under him but he can’t keep that momentum going

8. Either he is playing a shite style of football or he is playing a style of football he doesn’t realise our players cannot play

9. He has bottled out of youth this season in the one season we should really have tried to push on with that - not the majority of the team but introducing players, particularly when the team was floundering but still in control of the league.

10. Because of 8 and 9 around 80% of our performances been absolutely gash. Generally if we perform gash but the players are busting a gut and we are winning 75% of games then we can handle that - but we haven’t.

11. There are huge question marks over why he hasn’t been able to motivate the players or get a reaction. One player we brought in moved up a league, performed better and said to the media the “shackles had been removed”.

12. He seemed fairly savvy with the media first time round - he has spoken pish this time round.

13. It still seems he sets us up too much with the other team in mind rather than stamp an identity on our team and let the other team worry about us.

14. Despite poor form AND performances he didn’t work out a fix. He occasionally “through on an extra striker” so that we had 2 up top 😱 but even in our decent performances this season the game against Alloa was the only game we looked fitter and faster than our opponents.

15. What happened to our double and triple training - we may have prohibitions due to Covid I don’t know, but why change or drop that?

Summary:

We can get better. Neil would be better. McInnes would have the fans up in arms after 8 games max.

Neislon, however, can also be better IMO.

If we can get a serious manager in with good experience outside Scotland like Neil we should get him - particularly with Savage here.

My question (unanswered) is we all know Robbie can do better (and has done). The question is - can he do better with the new structure around him? How good is Savage - and how much influence does he have?

We have to be prepared for Robbie to be here next season and if so we have to work out how we support that - because without our support it might be carnage.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

SomethingAboutObua
On 10/04/2021 at 19:38, Le Chat said:

Absolutely,

2 part time teams in the league

Morton are awful

And of our supposed title challengers 

both Dunfermline and Dundee have collapsed

Ayr were meant to be top 5 and have bumbled and stumbled into relegation playoff contention throughout the season Inverness lost 2 months of game time and John Robertson had to go on compassionate leave

Only Raith and QotS have had unexpectedly good seasons, and Queens that's down to the last 3 months.

This is comfortably the weakest championship since it began and we've made it look very hard work at times. 

No fan will ever forget brora

No fan will ever forget alloa

No fan will ever forget birkirkara

And no fan will ever forget losing to hibs after being 2-0 up at home the season they won the cup.

He has too much against him now, unless he gets us 3rd and a trophy next season, he will never be forgiven, I can't see that happening, so why bother giving him money to spunk away?

May one-six
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m going to try and play pros and cons here. In such a divisive world some balance is needed.

Pros:

1. We know that the team Robbie put together after Budge/Levein cleared the decks on Budgement Day he, and the recruitment team around him, put together a team that played exciting attacking football for 3/4s of his first season in a much tougher league than this season’s Championship

2. First season back we got 3rd, started with 5 wins on the trot but played kind of stagnated football at times as the season wore on. However as a young manager in only his 2nd season in charge of a massive team this was a really decent result. People can play revisionism all they want but I do remember people on here saying that consolidation in our first season back would be acceptable.

3. The football seemed to get more turgid next season yet we stayed high up the league and games in hand or not he left us second. His last two games he tweaked the formation and we had Djoum and Bjorn in particular playing fantastically well in wins which included Rangers. 

4. He gets the job done - however badly or disappointly or boringly we quite rightly think - and he will still have one of the best statistical records of our managers.

5. Somehow this season our play and performance against the 2nd and 3rd teams in the SPL in the cup not only matched them but bettered them (IMO)

Cons:

6. Some of our worst results in our history have happened under his watch

7. He seems to be good in pre-season as we generally start well under him but he can’t keep that momentum going

8. Either he is playing a shite style of football or he is playing a style of football he doesn’t realise our players cannot play

9. He has bottled out of youth this season in the one season we should really have tried to push on with that - not the majority of the team but introducing players, particularly when the team was floundering but still in control of the league.

10. Because of 8 and 9 around 80% of our performances been absolutely gash. Generally if we perform gash but the players are busting a gut and we are winning 75% of games then we can handle that - but we haven’t.

11. There are huge question marks over why he hasn’t been able to motivate the players or get a reaction. One player we brought in moved up a league, performed better and said to the media the “shackles had been removed”.

12. He seemed fairly savvy with the media first time round - he has spoken pish this time round.

13. It still seems he sets us up too much with the other team in mind rather than stamp an identity on our team and let the other team worry about us.

14. Despite poor form AND performances he didn’t work out a fix. He occasionally “through on an extra striker” so that we had 2 up top 😱 but even in our decent performances this season the game against Alloa was the only game we looked fitter and faster than our opponents.

15. What happened to our double and triple training - we may have prohibitions due to Covid I don’t know, but why change or drop that?

Summary:

We can get better. Neil would be better. McInnes would have the fans up in arms after 8 games max.

Neislon, however, can also be better IMO.

If we can get a serious manager in with good experience outside Scotland like Neil we should get him - particularly with Savage here.

My question (unanswered) is we all know Robbie can do better (and has done). The question is - can he do better with the new structure around him? How good is Savage - and how much influence does he have?

We have to be prepared for Robbie to be here next season and if so we have to work out how we support that - because without our support it might be carnage.

Pretty reasonable summary. For what it's worth, I believe Robbie will be our manager at the start of the season, no matter how often or passionately some JKB regulars bump their gums. I also believe that results are the bottom line. There it's a mixed bag - he's done well in the league and God awful in the cups (apart from this year's Hibs and Celtic games).

Assuming he's staying he needs to continue the league record and make drastic improvements in the cup competitions.

One last thing, I am not sure how Alex Neil is guaranteed to be better. People seem to be allocating powers to him that are not borne out by his track record. When you're bringing in a manager at our level the only guarantee is that there's no guarantee.

10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

This is the thing that baffles me about this season. The second half in the Cup final especially, albeit against a Celtic team that were struggling at the time.

My question is was that more about the players being determined to go and prove a point? Or about the manager's tactics? 

My recollection of the Cup final was that we were far too defensive first half and were well beaten. Only when we went at them in the second half did that change. Extra time was effectively a repeat of the same. Our tactics seemed to be to sit in and hope for penalties when Celtic were there for the taking.

My conclusion is that we have some good players who can play well if they are allowed to go out and express themselves. But the manager is too cautious and doesn't give the players enough freedom.

And while it is easy to motivate players for games against Hibs and Celtic, Robbie isn't able to get them up for run of the mill league games or Cup ties against Alloa and Brora.

ScandinavianJambo
On 10/04/2021 at 15:49, Brighton Jambo said:

I tend to agree but fans are notoriously fickle.  If we win the first 5 league games of next season including say an away win at Easter road it won’t be so clear cut.  

This

10 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

This is the thing that baffles me about this season. The second half in the Cup final especially, albeit against a Celtic team that were struggling at the time.

My question is was that more about the players being determined to go and prove a point? Or about the manager's tactics? 

My recollection of the Cup final was that we were far too defensive first half and were well beaten. Only when we went at them in the second half did that change. Extra time was effectively a repeat of the same. Our tactics seemed to be to sit in and hope for penalties when Celtic were there for the taking.

My conclusion is that we have some good players who can play well if they are allowed to go out and express themselves. But the manager is too cautious and doesn't give the players enough freedom.

And while it is easy to motivate players for games against Hibs and Celtic, Robbie isn't able to get them up for run of the mill league games or Cup ties against Alloa and Brora.

Hearts have now become known for not winning enough matches v the likes of St Johnstone, Killie etc...home or away for what is verging on seasons now.  

We used to have records v those clubs where they couldn’t buy a win when they played us.  That’s been slowly turned around. Our previous managers always knew these were key matches where 3 points was crucial and the building blocks to a strong season. 

If you collect most of the points against teams regarded as ones you should be beating, the points won in bigger games tend to be more telling in the context of the season when you push for the top 3.

Recently, putting in a good performance or winning v the old firm or Hibs has looked more like Hearts “getting up for it” than a sign of a team you came to expect that particular performance from.  

Recent Hearts teams have lacked the humility v these clubs.  We’ve not nearly had the right attitude or determination to show we should and can be better than them.  

ST sales will force Boards hand. 

I’ve bought 5 for many years. 39 years plus for me. 

One next season for my 11 yo - and he cannot stand the football on offer but it’s time with his mates he enjoys. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

One next season for my 11 yo - and he cannot stand the football on offer but it’s time with his mates he enjoys. 

I think they are hoping the desperation to get back to the football post the covid shutout will mask the situation.

they may be right, either way it probably won’t end well for neilson. Empty stadium and it doesn’t end well but a full stadium could see him hounded. I’m not sure what he could do to rebuild that trust. 

I wish he would just go and he will secure a job at another club. It shouldn’t need to end in him being chased out the door. 

kingantti1874

On a side note I heard on one of the podcasts that at 2-0 up against Alloa Neilson tried to change the shape back to 4-2-3-1 before LM stopped him. 

Whilst I can’t  vouch for the validity of this, I do believe it.  And if it’s true - it absolutely sums up everything wrong with Robbie Neilson. The guy just doesn’t get it

9 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Absolutely,

2 part time teams in the league

Morton are awful

And of our supposed title challengers 

both Dunfermline and Dundee have collapsed

Ayr were meant to be top 5 and have bumbled and stumbled into relegation playoff contention throughout the season Inverness lost 2 months of game time and John Robertson had to go on compassionate leave

Only Raith and QotS have had unexpectedly good seasons, and Queens that's down to the last 3 months.

This is comfortably the weakest championship since it began and we've made it look very hard work at times. 

And on top of that Neilson was like the cat that found the cream when he was interviewed after the game on Sportscene .

He also had a wee go at pundits that had criticised him who in my opinion had been very light compared to what our support are saying about him. Yes he gave the impression that the 6-0 win over the mighty Alloa Athletic had shown all his critics that his job is safe and he’ll be improving the squad in the summer. I actually thought he was being quite cocky.

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

And no fan will ever forget losing to hibs after being 2-0 up at home the season they won the cup.

He has too much against him now, unless he gets us 3rd and a trophy next season, he will never be forgiven, I can't see that happening, so why bother giving him money to spunk away?

Exactly this! 

If we let this guy have another chunky budget, then what a bloody waste of our money, he needs to be gone very soon otherwise the season ticket money will not go very far this summer, and in a summer when it needs to go far as well! 

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Hearts have now become known for not winning enough matches v the likes of St Johnstone, Killie etc...home or away for what is verging on seasons now.  

We used to have records v those clubs where they couldn’t buy a win when they played us.  That’s been slowly turned around. Our previous managers always knew these were key matches where 3 points was crucial and the building blocks to a strong season. 

If you collect most of the points against teams regarded as ones you should be beating, the points won in bigger games tend to be more telling in the context of the season when you push for the top 3.

Recently, putting in a good performance or winning v the old firm or Hibs has looked more like Hearts “getting up for it” than a sign of a team you came to expect that particular performance from.  

Recent Hearts teams have lacked the humility v these clubs.  We’ve not nearly had the right attitude or determination to show we should and can be better than them.  

I think this is where Aberdeen have got it right over the last few seasons. 

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think they are hoping the desperation to get back to the football post the covid shutout will mask the situation.

they may be right, either way it probably won’t end well for neilson. Empty stadium and it doesn’t end well but a full stadium could see him hounded. I’m not sure what he could do to rebuild that trust

I wish he would just go and he will secure a job at another club. It shouldn’t need to end in him being chased out the door. 

The fact that there hasn't been anything posted on hearts website about him talking about winning the league (or any mention of it other than one tweet) shows the club knows the fans aren't behind him. Really struggling to see it ending well for him.

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

And that should be the catalyst that forces through change. Does Ann Budge gamble with fans loyalty, or does she listen to her paying public?
My conundrum is that I don't want to pay to watch another season of dull, uninspiring football with Neilson at the helm, likewise I don't want to give up what I consider to be a prime viewing seat, and at the same time I don't want to find myself isolated on my own once my mates have decided that enough is enough. 
If Neilson has gone it is likely that me and my 4 mates will renew our ST's. In other words, business as usual. If he stays. I doubt I can renew because my mates most definitely won't.

Some on here say "fans are fickle"...Well I disagree!...We are Hearts fans who have suffered these past 5 years. What is fickle about that ?  
No one, apart from the most ardent Neilson fan will ever forget, or forgive the most ignominious result in the the history of HMFC.

Finally....I am really desperate like the vast majority to get back into Tynecastle.....Ann Budge is forcing me and my mates into making a decision we didn't want to, or should have had to make.

Neilson Out   

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

On a side note I heard on one of the podcasts that at 2-0 up against Alloa Neilson tried to change the shape back to 4-2-3-1 before LM stopped him. 

Whilst I can’t  vouch for the validity of this, I do believe it.  And if it’s true - it absolutely sums up everything wrong with Robbie Neilson. The guy just doesn’t get it

True or not you can’t kid a kidder. Neilson is just not good enough and the only people who don’t know that are Ann Budge and Neilson himself.

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

And that should be the catalyst that forces through change. Does Ann Budge gamble with fans loyalty, or does she listen to her paying public?
My conundrum is that I don't want to pay to watch another season of dull, uninspiring football with Neilson at the helm, likewise I don't want to give up what I consider to be a prime viewing seat, and at the same time I don't want to find myself isolated on my own once my mates have decided that enough is enough. 
If Neilson has gone it is likely that me and my 4 mates will renew our ST's. In other words, business as usual. If he stays. I doubt I can renew because my mates most definitely won't.

Some on here say "fans are fickle"...Well I disagree!...We are Hearts fans who have suffered these past 5 years. What is fickle about that ?  
No one, apart from the most ardent Neilson fan will ever forget, or forgive the most ignominious result in the the history of HMFC.

Finally....I am really desperate like the vast majority to get back into Tynecastle.....Ann Budge is forcing me and my mates into making a decision we didn't want to, or should have had to make.

Neilson Out   

Exactly 

I will renew if there a change at both Boardroom and Managerial level. 

17 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Exactly 

I will renew if there a change at both Boardroom and Managerial level. 

About where I am at.

Pasquale for King

Pressley on bogging up his pal on SSN , signed 13 players but not signed the players he needs to play HIGH OCTANE FOOTBALL 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈?

NURSE. 

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pressley on bogging up his pal on SSN , signed 13 players but not signed the players he needs to play HIGH OCTANE FOOTBALL 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈?

NURSE. 

He said this?

kingantti1874
51 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think this is where Aberdeen have got it right over the last few seasons. 

hearts have become Aberdeen from 1990 to 2012. Only we have managed to hit lower lows. 

On 10/04/2021 at 16:25, ToqueJambo said:

I'd just rather we give Neilson next season to build his team and see if he can replicate the good starts he got to seasons the last time he managed us in the Premiership and take it from there. After the fan handover and perhaps a change in leadership (as I'm not convinced Budge has the stomach for this much longer, and I wouldn't blame her) then we can find a new manager for people to boo after the first run of bad results.

If you get a run of bad results you’re going to get it in the neck from fans. That’s the same at every other football club. If you can’t stop that bad run of results or there is no confidence that you can, you are losing the job. Again that’s the same at every other club. Ask Mourinho who’s going to last about another fortnight if he’s lucky and that’s a CL winning manager.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He said this?

Just watched it again, not entirely sure why he’s the go to guy for everyone to talk about Hearts. 

Pasquale for King

I’m just getting this horrible feeling that he’s going to be around next season. Budge and her acolytes have their collective head in the sand and will make every excuse needed to justify poor ST sales. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

If you get a run of bad results you’re going to get it in the neck from fans. That’s the same at every other football club. If you can’t stop that bad run of results or there is no confidence that you can, you are losing the job. Again that’s the same at every other club. Ask Mourinho who’s going to last about another fortnight if he’s lucky and that’s a CL winning manager.

Indeed, it happened with Stendel and was supported by the same folk that defend Neilson and did so with Levein also 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?! 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Nonesense. 

Lots of fans will. 

Lots of fans already have. 

A select few won't forget about past results, most will move forward whoever the manager is. 

Rick Sanchez
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

NURSE. 

No way :laugh:

Auldbenches
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nonesense. 

Lots of fans will. 

A select few won't forget about past results, most will move forward whoever the manager is. 

How are you getting a select few? Most won't move forward if Neilson is still the manager.  Threads on here have shown that.  The majority of fans aren't going to accept the status quo regarding the coaching staff.  

You'll disagree but we'll see how fans react if he is still here.

You actually think that those wanting him gone are in the minority?  Not a chance.  He is gone or our club suffers. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

No way :laugh:

I was already aghast that he was on but to come out with that 😱🙈!!!

7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

How are you getting a select few? Most won't move forward if Neilson is still the manager.  Threads on here have shown that.  The majority of fans aren't going to accept the status quo regarding the coaching staff.  

You actually think that those wanting him gone are in the minority?  Not a chance.  He is gone or our club suffers. 

I agree. No way back for RN.  If fans were in the stadium he would already be gone. My guess is that he will be kept on, but will be forced out early in the new season.

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I agree. No way back for RN.  If fans were in the stadium he would already be gone. My guess is that he will be kept on, but will be forced out early in the new season.

And we write another season off.

The Treasurer
30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nonesense. 

Lots of fans will. 

I've never been in the "Robbie was to blame for hibs winning the cup" camp.

But his record in cup competitions is shocking. 

Even his biggest fans can't defend that

20 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Say what you like about Srb....He's a trier!

Approx 75% want the fraud gone. That clearly is indicative enough to let the board at Tynecastle know exactly the mood in the room.
Now some people might argue that Jkb is not representative of the Hearts support. However, given that there is no official club forum, or even a FoH managed forum Jkb is the only real representation that the fan base has! 
75% across a cross section of the support are numbers that the hierarchy at Tynecastle should be worrying about. Despite what deniers like Srb say.
Political straw polls conducted across a cross section of the population usually paint a true reflection of how voting will go. This poll IMO is no different.

IMO....Budge will cut him loose. She has no choice....It's either Neilson, or a very large part of her customer base!
Whilst I don't expect Hearts to make an announcement any time soon. I expect that a new coaching team will be in place before pre season training.

Neilson Out 

Edited by Hashimoto

Auldbenches
8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Which probably means another season squandered due to stubbornness.  Foolish keeping him on thinking a couple of signings will win us over.   

We need a whole new atmosphere around the club.

Snide digs at the fans and neilson thinks he'll win the fans over.  The external noise was aimed at us.  Why not also address the fans concerns as well?   He has lost it and we need to go into the new season with optimism and he isn't going to bring that. 

I'd like to see evidence of the majority wanting him still here

David Black
46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m just getting this horrible feeling that he’s going to be around next season. Budge and her acolytes have their collective head in the sand and will make every excuse needed to justify poor ST sales. 

The problem with Budge is that she is over loyal to the coaches, but less so to those that really matter, the fans. She has shown no affinity what so ever to us during this entire shambles which she has presided over.