Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Dusk_Till_Dawn
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Does that mean that if we were lucky enough to hire an absolutely brilliant manager he could leave after 12 months?

Rolling 12 month contracts mean you’re always under contract for 12 months

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

I think when it comes to managers, how about we just recruit them properly? 

Set up criteria and hold interviews and whoever we feel comes closest to the criteria we want hire them? 

Things have started to go pearshaped when Levein just went out and hired Cathro, then despite interviewing tons of candidates to replace him we decided to give the job to the one man who hadn't interviewed. Then Budge did similar with Neilson as Levein did with Cathro. 

We should be laying out what we want from a manager things like an adherence to youth development but also to understand where they think we're going wrong. If nothing else, we might get a better idea from the applicants where our football club is falling down. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Rolling 12 month contracts mean you’re always under contract for 12 months

Correct but would a good manager not be looking for the security of a longer contract particularly if he is having to uproot his family eg someone like Sergio, Lampard (yes I know) etc?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Correct but would a good manager not be looking for the security of a longer contract particularly if he is having to uproot his family eg someone like Sergio, Lampard (yes I know) etc?

I would imagine so. Can’t see Neil for example not wanting a three year deal

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I would imagine so. Can’t see Neil for example not wanting a three year deal

Therein lies the problem,

I don't think there is a prescriptive way to hire a manager ot design a contract (no "one size fits all") or you're in danger of limiting your options in respect of quality

I think you have to decide who you want and then come to a mutual agreement re terms which will vary from manager to manager.  It may even mean moving away from what you had in mind as your top offer.  You would not want to spoil the ship for a halfpenny worth of tar.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/key-links/careers

Job for one of the experts on here?

Imagine the state of the reportin

After a bad pass - He's a lazy *******, not interested, shite, wage feef.. 😂

Then 10 minutes later.. He's great, shree year deal, be worth millions. 

Robbie oot. 

ford donald
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Does that mean that if we were lucky enough to hire an absolutely brilliant manager he could leave after 12 months?

Yes,but it works both ways,budge should have been using that, would have saved us lots of cash.If you are doing your job right,nothing to fear,RN as a example,your out the door after one,in his case earlier with small compensation,its not rocket science.

25 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Yes,but it works both ways,budge should have been using that, would have saved us lots of cash.If you are doing your job right,nothing to fear,RN as a example,your out the door after one,in his case earlier with small compensation,its not rocket science.

You seem like you think you're a genius!

I know ir works both ways but if you have a dream of a manager you would want to tie him down for more than a year.  No?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, daavojaay said:

Yeah u need to have experience with video scouting and wyscout,exctly whats wrong with this lazy ******* recruitment at the club 

All clubs use that, including the best. I’d suggest lack of talent is a bigger problem and it’s nice to see this being advertised. Hopefully pushed by Savage

ford donald
4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You seem like you think you're a genius!

I know ir works both ways but if you have a dream of a manager you would want to tie him down for more than a year.  No?

No i dont think I am a genius,plenty common sense though,unlike some on here.The whole idea regarding the rolling contract as it gives both parties a chance to reflect on performances over the season,then discuss renewing, wages etc,Budge has found out the hard way.

Greedy Jambo

We should pay good money for a good manager. 

It's really that simple. 

But we can't, because the ego's behind the scene don't like being told what to do. 

On 04/04/2021 at 16:51, Rick Sanchez said:

I had a look the other day for some stats of his career. They could be wrong but...

Apps: 228 

Goals: 2

Assists: 7

Can see why we play the way we do :laugh:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/robbie-neilson/leistungsdaten/spieler/12603/saison//plus/1#gesamt

I mean, those were in the days where a Right Back was very strictly a Right Back and only crossed the half way line to take throw ins, and to come up for corners.  It's not a huge surprise - football has really moved on massively in the last 15 to 20 years. 

Nookie Bear

It’s a beautiful day. 

The sun is out. 

Feels like a day for new beginnings. 

Do it today Ann, before the storm clouds envelop Tynecastle once again. 

On 29/03/2021 at 12:56, Hendolad said:

I hope when he leaves this week people will take a long hard look at themselves.Some of the things being said against a club legend is ridiculous and downright nasty.

That's been more than a week. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 29/03/2021 at 12:56, Hendolad said:

I hope when he leaves this week people will take a long hard look at themselves.Some of the things being said against a club legend is ridiculous and downright nasty.

:pleasing:

Club legend :rofl:

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Budge still hoping to ride this one out?

Leadership skills 😂😂

Aye leading us straight to another relegation under oor robbie. The target is to become champions of scottish league 2 in 4 years time! God help us.

siegementality
On 07/04/2021 at 09:07, Nookie Bear said:

A new day and Robbie still in a job. 

**** off, Ann. 

I saw him on his way into work today, doesn’t look like a man under pressure.

CC55C22E-3B4F-44A0-82D6-93DD4DA33F48.jpeg

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, siegementality said:

I saw him on his way into work today, doesn’t look like a man under pressure.

CC55C22E-3B4F-44A0-82D6-93DD4DA33F48.jpeg

:laugh2:

19 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

That's been more than a week. 

You stick to making rumours up and running onto the pitch with a flag at Dingwall.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh2:

Nor would I knowing a cosy pay off incoming 

8 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

You stick to making rumours up and running onto the pitch with a flag at Dingwall.

😎

The feeling in the dressing room is now 50/50 that Robbie will still be in charge for pre season. 

We are a poor team. There are several

players in the squad that are generally not good footballers and even more who can’t run. 

We, as a team have been able to lift ourselves during games to get over the line. Our general play has been pretty dire but we’ve been able to go up a gear.

Since January, the players have downed tools and cannot for the life of them figure out a way to pick them up again. We can no longer find another gear during games. It would genuinely be a surprise if we won any of our remaining games.

from the horses mouth. Obviously not saying which horse.

I still think this has all the hallmarks of waiting till we flop over the line and then Budge issuing a statement saying it's been difficult but she believes Neilson deserves a full close season to improve the team. That for me is by far the most likely narrative.

The Apprentice
15 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The feeling in the dressing room is now 50/50 that Robbie will still be in charge for pre season. 

players in the squad that are generally not good footballers and even more who can’t run. 

We, as a team have been able to lift ourselves during games to get over the line. Our general play has been pretty dire but we’ve been able to go up a gear.

Since January, the players have downed tools and cannot for the life of them figure out a way to pick them up again. We can no longer find another gear during games. It would genuinely be a surprise if we won any of our remaining games.

Well if it has come from anyone apart from Gordon and perhaps Michael Smith, they are as much part of the problem as anyone else.

22 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Shergar?

27 minutes ago, DS98 said:

And does the horse think that that's acceptable and is happy to take their wage? What's the story behind downing the tools in January? Why did this happen? 

5 minutes ago, Pagey said:

And does the horse think that that's acceptable and is happy to take their wage? What's the story behind downing the tools in January? Why did this happen? 

Looking forward to that answer.

10 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I saw him too. I kind of know him so he tooted his horn at me and the car doors fell off.

Who did he blame? 

34 minutes ago, DS98 said:

IMO.....Decent players, poor team!

Any other manager with a bit more tactical nuance would get a better motivated bunch. but it's Neilson we are talking about here.
It'll be interesting to hear from some of those who do eventually leave the club what the problems were.
Berra spoke out after the Brora fiasco....There will be plenty others in the club who share his view

I honestly believe that we have the nucleus of a decent squad. We just need someone to coach and motivate them properly.
Mrs Budge cannot afford to fund a brand new team, replacing the demotivated, uninspired one's just to bring in a fresh new bunch of soon to be demotivated and uninspired players.
Likewise she cannot afford to further alienate her core supporters by retaining the service of the person ultimately responsible for creating this deep division between player, support and club. ROBBIE NEILSON

Neilson Out

18 minutes ago, Pagey said:

And will the horse be sent to the glue factory? 

45 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We need more Vets at Hearts. 

3fingersreid

If we get a performance of quality and a huge win I hope the support for his removal won’t waiver. 

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

If we get a performance of quality and a huge win I hope the support for his removal won’t waiver. 

Unlikely,I'd imagine the majority see the bigger picture.

14 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

IMO.....Decent players, poor team!

Any other manager with a bit more tactical nuance would get a better motivated bunch. but it's Neilson we are talking about here.
It'll be interesting to hear from some of those who do eventually leave the club what the problems were.
Berra spoke out after the Brora fiasco....There will be plenty others in the club who share his view

I honestly believe that we have the nucleus of a decent squad. We just need someone to coach and motivate them properly.
Mrs Budge cannot afford to fund a brand new team, replacing the demotivated, uninspired one's just to bring in a fresh new bunch of soon to be demotivated and uninspired players.
Likewise she cannot afford to further alienate her core supporters by retaining the service of the person ultimately responsible for creating this deep division between player, support and club. ROBBIE NEILSON

Neilson Out

She won't worry about that, it's not her money. She'll either beg her buddy James to get the cheque book out or fire up another loan and just hang around till us mugs, sorry genuine fans, have stumped up enough cash to pay it back with interest.

3fingersreid
16 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Unlikely,I'd imagine the majority see the bigger picture.

Unlikely you say , but which part 

improved performance and/or a win 😂😂

56 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Nope, he’s as pissed off as us. Probably more. 

Think it’s something to do with assuming the league was over. Which is fine as we all thought that. Problem is most of these players just don’t have the mentality (or ability) to up their game. He fully believes if it was a 36 game season we would be ****ed! It’s a rut and there is nowhere near enough strong characters in the dressing room to pull out of it. Which has been evident over the last month. 

We’ll finish top. But it’s not really a case of us winning the league, it’s more that the other serious contenders losing it.