Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Out or in, anti-Hearts or pro-Hearts, not taking us to Europe or taking us to Europe, not a penny more or we’ll support you ever more ...

I’d suggest it’s not black or white ... and tolerance and respect of others opinions should be the norm!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Good note for him to leave on.

Hopefully the league gets wrapped up this weekend so he can leave faster.

I've noticed a load of posters popping up who've said nothing for weeks and now trying to say we're all crazy for wanting him to leave. 

He needs gone before next season. If people think teams in the premiership are like Alloa they're utterly delusional.

I think we will be stuck with him going into next season irrespective of calls for him to go. The only thing that would stop that would be blowing promotion.

But in some ways that result could make matters worse from him because the team have now shown their hand and we've seen what we are capable of, so if we regress massively again as soon as we face a team who 'sit in' the pressure is surely even higher.

Mars plastic
52 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Chill. Enjoy today. And, be prepared to forgive if he turns this around - not saying he will but today was a major turnaround that even you cannot deny

Calm down, kidda, it was Alloa at Tynie, not Rangers at Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bye Robbie. You can't rescue this.

This is it...simple.... damage is done...Bye Robbie and I won't thank you. The Brora humiliation is unforgivable 🤬

Kirky Jambo

To be honest the “ram it down their throat” comment suggests Robbie thinks he has redeemed himself and re-enforces the “blip” idea which we all know was nonsense. 

Good job tonight, but let’s not get carried away, it’s vital he leaves at the end of the season

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not going anywhere soon. 

If your right I can see trouble ahead and I’m not taking about violence.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Out or in, anti-Hearts or pro-Hearts, not taking us to Europe or taking us to Europe, not a penny more or we’ll support you ever more ...

I’d suggest it’s not black or white ... and tolerance and respect of others opinions should be the norm!

He has to go and that’s final.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not going anywhere soon. 

How about in 3 weeks time ? No longer or there many be trouble ahead and I’m not meaning violence.

3 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Baws.

Alloa were much better than you are giving them credit for. We were simply unstoppable tonight. There's not a team in the league that would have stopped us winning when we play like that.

If RN gets Hearts playing like he did today - and he deserves full credit for that and getting us into an unassailable lead - he also deserves a chance to manage us in the SPFL (fair play I was saying the opposite yesterday :lol:)

Your totally wrong in your views and I hope you watch as much football between now and the end of the season and try and pick up a few tips on football and how it should be played. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He won't. The board aren't that knee jerk tbh. I think he'd go if we didn't achieve the promotion objective. But it looks likely we will so he'll remain which is sensible.

He needs to setup more positively though next season.

Guest ToqueJambo

He's not going lads. No matter how much you want it to happen. Any fool can see that. We'll win the league in a couple of weeks and he'll spend the last few games trying some things, giving Souttar and Haring some time, trying to make the real GMS turn up, and hopefully give a couple of kids some time. 

If you really are Hearts fans, why not just get behind the guy in charge and see how the proper rebuild goes this summer? 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's not going lads. No matter how much you want it to happen. Any fool can see that. We'll win the league in a couple of weeks and he'll spend the last few games trying some things, giving Souttar and Haring some time, trying to make the real GMS turn up, and hopefully give a couple of kids some time. 

If you really are Hearts fans, why not just get behind the guy in charge and see how the proper rebuild goes this summer? 

I’m afraid if the fans are allowed back next season and he has us playing the football we’ve been served up this season (baring tonight) then he’s a dead man walking. I just feel we’re better making a change at the end of season to unite the club & supporters going forward. If not then another long hard season looms. 

Guest ToqueJambo
52 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I’m afraid if the fans are allowed back next season and he has us playing the football we’ve been served up this season (baring tonight) then he’s a dead man walking. I just feel we’re better making a change at the end of season to unite the club & supporters going forward. If not then another long hard season looms. 

Why not approach it thinking we will have a good summer transfer window and start the league like we have done twice before in the Premiership under Neilson?

In fact a feature of Neilson as Hearts manager is how well we start the season. He's done it in every single one of the 4 seasons he's started as Hearts manager. 

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why not approach it thinking we will have a good summer transfer window and start the league like we have done twice before in the Premiership under Neilson?

In fact a feature of Neilson as Hearts manager is how well we start the season. He's done it in every single one of the 4 seasons he's started as Hearts manager. 

OMG Let’s just agree to disagree. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

OMG Let’s just agree to disagree. 

It's not really up for discussion though is it? Neilson has started every single one of the 4 he's started as Hearts manager incredibly well, especially when you look at some of the big games we've had to start with in those seasons.

14/15 - lost 0, won 13 in the first 15 (just chose 15 as a nice round number, still looks good if you choose the first one or even two rounds of fixtures each season) - beat championship "rivals" in our first two games

15/16 - lost 3, won 9 (included 5 out of 5 wins at the start, that run only ending with a ridiculous reffing display against Hamilton when CP was sent off)

16/17 - lost 3, won 7 (very tough start with Aberdeen away (watt missing a sitter to win it at the end) and Celtic (they win in 81st minute thanks to a player signed for £3.5m the day before, registration rushed through by the SFA obviously) as first two games

20/21 - lost 3, won 12, beat championship "rival" in our first game

There's every reason to think Neilson has it in him to build a team over summer and start well next season. I don't think a Neilson Hearts team has ever been out of the top 3 whatever the league the entire season. Of course next season will be the first now I've said that!

Edited by ToqueJambo

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and performance 

Made a very pleasant change to enjoy watching Hearts after having a pretty crap day

Doesnt change my opinion on his future though, to be honest.

It will for those who don’t really care what a lot of fans think.

We’re just “noise”

Just as I don’t really know why performances have been so poor and negative I don’t know why, suddenly we looked like a different team.

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Baws.

Alloa were much better than you are giving them credit for. We were simply unstoppable tonight. There's not a team in the league that would have stopped us winning when we play like that.

If RN gets Hearts playing like he did today - and he deserves full credit for that and getting us into an unassailable lead - he also deserves a chance to manage us in the SPFL (fair play I was saying the opposite yesterday :lol:)

Pish mate. Alloa were nice to play against( to quote michael stewart).

Neilson cannot escape the poor signings he's made and the lack of direction on the park evident for weeks or both cup exits this season.

The brora result alone had the potential to see a manager removed.

Needs far more than a blip 6-0 against bottom team to convince me to restart my FOH payments ... lets see how we play the next few games

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Pish mate. Alloa were nice to play against( to quote michael stewart).

Neilson cannot escape the poor signings he's made and the lack of direction on the park evident for weeks or both cup exits this season.

The brora result alone had the potential to see a manager removed.

This. We took our chances but the second half in particular was like a friendly. 

merseyjambo
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

FFS we’ve been rebuilding every summer for 5 years.

His record in transfer market doesn’t fill me with hope

And I doubt kids will get game time, most of them that should be getting game time are out on loan, not getting game time

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He will be gone by November 100%. He is not a good manager and the trust is gone - there is no leeway at all. First bad result and he will get it.

Also, if anything last night proved that the fans are correct. Those changes were a desperate act by Neilson, the clear difference in effort from the players a clear reaction to the overwhelming fans criticism .. we don’t need to win 6-0 every week, we don’t even need to win every week.. That level of effort we saw last night is a minimum requirement, it’s what’s been missing all season and if we had saw it then this thread wouldn’t exist. We’ve watched effortless shite all season and listened to a one man episode of only an excuse

Toxteth O'Grady

Finally the kind of result we should have been seeing regularly this season. It just shows he hasn’t been getting it right.

Give him the summer transfer window.

Give him the start of next season.

Give him your full backing.

Are the words of trolls

Get him to **** now.

Let’s hear what everyone is saying after we draw with Morton next week and the football on offer is eye bleedingly bad once again. One result against Alloa and everything is fine again...give it a break. We all know Neilson is not the man to take this club forward.

Class of 75
9 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Baws.

Hello Robbie. 

Think this result makes it worse for RN. Why has he been unable to achieve results/performances like that for the last 3 months? 

Class of 75
9 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Baws.

It doesn't matter how good Alloa were, they are bottom of the Championship and it is a given that Hearts should beat them at Tynecastle. This result changes nothing, Neilson is out of his depth and should go at then end of the season. Beating a pub team does not mean he is a good manager. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

He will be gone by November 100%. He is not a good manager and the trust is gone - there is no leeway at all. First bad result and he will get it.

Also, if anything last night proved that the fans are correct. Those changes were a desperate act by Neilson, the clear difference in effort from the players a clear reaction to the overwhelming fans criticism .. we don’t need to win 6-0 every week, we don’t even need to win every week.. That level of effort we saw last night is a minimum requirement, it’s what’s been missing all season and if we had saw it then this thread wouldn’t exist. We’ve watched effortless shite all season and listened to a one man episode of only an excuse

ABSOLUTELY THIS.

First time we are behind in a game / first time we are too defensive in a game/ first time we play the ball back and forward along the back - a section of the fans will be howling at him.

Good performance last night - but WHY has it taken so long for him to work out that trying to attack teams is more likely that you will win it???

I still reckon that the decision w.r.t Neilson was made weeks ago. Just as with the contracts for some of the players!
The heat is really on Ann Budge to try and do something that has a positive impact on her and the club. Lets be honest and grown up about it...Neilson is toxic to a vast number of the support. He could win every game now until the end of the season, it will never change the opinion of a rather large portion of the support!
It's sad that we are talking about divisive characters at the club rather than looking forward to the chance to getting at those who screwed Hearts with the forced relegation. 
However, this post season will be dominated by the marked division amongst the support about retaining Neilson's services (assuming he has not gone before then!) 

The damage to Hearts caused by Budge and Neilson is terminal (IMO)...There is no recovery, and certainly a 6-0 win against Alloa doesn't gloss over the facts!

When Neilson does eventually go....I will wish him well wherever his next job takes him.....He did his job in getting Hearts back to the top flight. Unfortunately, he will always be blighted by the team displays, Alloa and Brora results. something he should never be allowed to forget.

Neilson Out

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

If your right I can see trouble ahead and I’m not taking about violence.

Could be right but I think 95% of folk will look forward to next season. 

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

95% of people want him removed. 

I'd have been willing to give him some credit after last night (despite it taking him nearly a full season to realise he had to change his approach. But his post match interview giving it billy big baws about beating Alloa and sticking it to his critics just shows his mindset. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I know nobody who wants to watch his football next season. Not one. And that’s from my group who go to the games (aged between 42-60), to my brothers group (50+ in age) to my nephews group (25+ in age) , to work colleagues etc etc.

point is  that is a big number of ST holders who some of us  may renew but in all likelihood just end up staying in the pub on a match day if it’s the usual Robbie style we are being served up. His football is dire and has been all season bar 5 games (Hibs, Celtic, Dundee, Raith away and last night). Every other game has been torturous to watch absolute torturous.  That’s what Presley and Sutton just don’t get. They clearly haven’t watched us every game and just look at tables. Aye that’s fine for getting us up which he’s going to do, but the whole point is bums will not be on seats on match day playing boring Robbie football,  ridiculous formations and players out of position.

Ive no doubt he will get the first 6 months at least next season. Given folk are sick of covid lockdowns etc there probably won’t be too much of a dip in ST sales , heck I’ll just stay in the pub if it’s shit (it’s about meeting mates as well).

Huge decision for Budge, but given she’s handing over to FOH  imminently she won’t sack a manager before she goes that’s met his remit 

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

What good summer transfer window did we have under Neilson precisely?

In his 15/16 window, we hardly changed anything. Juanma flattered to deceive, Augustyn was a squad player, Gavin Reilly ran about a bit and, to be fair, he earned pass marks with Rossi. Then, of course, there was the jewel in the crown - Oshinawa. Picking up Djoum outside the window was another saving grace.

In 16/17 we had the Rherras and Sammon experience. The only positive offset to that debacle was Bjorn Johnsen. At least he had the decency to take Robbie Muirhead with him when he fecked off to MK Dons.

So, as you said yourself, I'll use his past time at Hearts to judge his close season transfer windows. They are generally shit and yet another reason why we should not have him in place in the close season.

Robbo-Jambo
54 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd have been willing to give him some credit after last night (despite it taking him nearly a full season to realise he had to change his approach. But his post match interview giving it billy big baws about beating Alloa and sticking it to his critics just shows his mindset. 

This. 

He still doesn't get it. 

That last night hardly puts right a turgid and dreadful season football wise. 

It was Alloa ffs and God knows what would have happened if they had taken one of their early chances. 

He is still a dead man walking imo. 

9 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

He won't. The board aren't that knee jerk tbh. I think he'd go if we didn't achieve the promotion objective. But it looks likely we will so he'll remain which is sensible.

He needs to setup more positively though next season.

I and probably you know that Robbie Neilson is no a good manager or coach. If he is given the summer it will end up being another year wasted.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We always look forward to the next season, and you probably know, like me, that Robbie Neilson is not good enough to manage or coach Hearts.

I know football fans can be fickle but going by Facebook and social media all is well again.

We played "incredible" and destroyed a team 6-0

Hearts are world beaters, Robbie's the man. You'll get shot down for not supporting the team if you dare to suggest things aren't fantastic again.

I enjoyed last night but it only goes a tiny way in righting the many wrongs, we played a team bottom of the league with a leaky defence. I don't trust Robbie with another transfer window.

It's actually worrying that one win (albeit convincing) is enough to win over so many fans. The acceptance culture has been a huge part of the problem at the club.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I and probably you know that Robbie Neilson is no a good manager or coach. If he is given the summer it will end up being another year wasted.

Regardless, I'm more concerned with our signing policy. We could have Jurgen Klopp or Bielsa and still be terrible with the injury laden/poorly scouted rafts of dross we have brought in over the past 6 seasons.

This pre season must be a window where we absolutely have to bring in premiership quality in 5 or 6 positions. 

Ex member of the SaS
38 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I know football fans can be fickle but going by Facebook and social media all is well again.

We played "incredible" and destroyed a team 6-0

Hearts are world beaters, Robbie's the man. You'll get shot down for not supporting the team if you dare to suggest things aren't fantastic again.

I enjoyed last night but it only goes a tiny way in righting the many wrongs, we played a team bottom of the league with a leaky defence. I don't trust Robbie with another transfer window.

It's actually worrying that one win (albeit convincing) is enough to win over so many fans. The acceptance culture has been a huge part of the problem at the club.

As you say fans are fickle, however that doesn't distract that for the majority of this season we have been dire. Those who can't see past the last game, need to wake up. I supported Robbie at the start, as I expected that same guy that romped the Championship last season. That changed and the obvious results will forever define this season. We could go on and win convincingly all our remaining games, but that only proves Robbie was picking the wrong team/tactics all season and refused to admit it even to himself.

If someone else picked that team then that only shows Robbie must go, if Robbie picked it then it shows he must go as he refused to admit his mistakes. No matter what he will never recover from the Brora defeat and lackluster performances.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

As you say fans are fickle, however that doesn't distract that for the majority of this season we have been dire. Those who can't see past the last game, need to wake up. I supported Robbie at the start, as I expected that same guy that romped the Championship last season, we were down. That changed and the obvious results will forever define this season. We could go on and win convincingly all our remaining games, but that only proves Robbie was picking the wrong team/tactics all season and refused to admit it even to himself.

If someone else picked that team then that only shows Robbie must go, if Robbie picked it then it shows he must go as he refused to admit his mistakes. No matter what he will never recover from the Brora defeat and lackluster performances.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

He doesn't tho, does he? 

Robbo-Jambo
20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As you say fans are fickle, however that doesn't distract that for the majority of this season we have been dire. Those who can't see past the last game, need to wake up. I supported Robbie at the start, as I expected that same guy that romped the Championship last season. That changed and the obvious results will forever define this season. We could go on and win convincingly all our remaining games, but that only proves Robbie was picking the wrong team/tactics all season and refused to admit it even to himself.

He surely is still a dead man walking.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

He doesn't tho, does he? 

no he does.  First bad result at Tynecastle with fans will be carnage. The abuse will be incredible.  Keeping him on is an act of self harm