Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I presume you're going to replace them by only considering unemployed managers/coaches who don't need relocation expenses?

And if the new ones want their own players, will they only be allowed out of contract players who don't ask for a signing on fee or/and (again) don't need relocation expenses?

Will you be keeping Savage and McKinlay?

Mckinlay could go back to sipping martinis with Lord Lucan

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

The current regime has created the scenario you paint: every shortfall, every painful choice

I agree but that doesn't solve the problem of how we can simply restructure.  It's easier said than done and, depending on the extent of the changes, can be quite costly

Robbo-Jambo

See if Robbie Neilson really really loved HMFC he would go and would have gone after the Brora game.

He hasn't and he is not going to.

That tells you in actual fact how much our manager really cares about our great club.

PHM, Neilson, do me a ******* favour.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I agree but that doesn't solve the problem of how we can simply restructure.  It's easier said than done and, depending on the extent of the changes, can be quite costly

You do not continue to feed a dead dog.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

You do not continue to feed a dead dog.

Unfortunately this dog is alive and (contractually) needs feeding.

PS -For the avoidance of doubt, I agree that RN should go but my point is that unless the club can come to a mutual agreement, it's not a simple matter without financial consequences.

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Listening to Souness on Super Sunday saying that if 95% of fans want a manager gone then the board, nine times out of ten, need to react. He then went on to say that having no fans in the stadium maybe takes the pressure off making decisions.

If fans were allowed in Tynecastle it would be pretty poisonous and I think Robbie would already have been booted. There's obviously a serious lack of fan power with nobody inside stadiums ☹

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that with fans inside the ground, and with a poisonous atmosphere, Neilson would be long gone.

After she and Levein were personally faced with the fans' anger after the Dunfermline game, Cathro was gone in hours.

I have seen her at an AGM, where ill feelings toward Levein were rife, appear very nervous and unsure of herself. I don't think AB would enjoy being in the presence of fan protests, and only then would take some action

PS -For the avoidance of doubt, I agree that RN should go but my point is that unless the club can come to a mutual agreement, it's not a simple matter without financial consequences.

Keeping him may well come with financial consequences, hundreds have cancelled or reduced FoH pledges already, if only we had a incisive and decisive owner/CEO. 

David Black
19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I presume you're going to replace them by only considering unemployed managers/coaches who don't need relocation expenses?

And if the new ones want their own players, will they only be allowed out of contract players who don't ask for a signing on fee or/and (again) don't need relocation expenses?

We have been through the available manager debate before so I'm not doing that again. As for bringing in his own players, that is exactly what RN would be doing so what's the difference. When was the last time we payed a significant amount of money for a player. It's that long ago I certainly can't remember.

Don't think there is any doubt about it, the Budge plan is to keep RN, not just until the end of the season, but a health run into next season.

Just like she did with Levein. It's not just a question of IF Robbie goes next season, but WHEN. Hopefully she will have learned from the Levein experience and not leave it until it is too late (again).

I'm afraid that this is exactly what will happen.

It's going to be costly anyway......We just simply can't accept what is happening at this time, and hope that it will be better tomorrow. You know, I know that things ain't going to improve!

No point in putting off the inevitable any longer, it'll almost feel like a mercy killing for him.

And IMO a better, motivated manager would get a better, more consistent performance out of these players. The players know that Neilson is marooned on Budge Island and is out there on his own. The players will read Jkb and other social media, they'll pick up on all the negativity that surrounds Neilson, and no doubt share those comments around the practice ground.....

Finally, costs will just keep spiralling with Neilson calling the shot's. How many duds has he signed this season?......Cut him loose now. Give the new coach the allocated budget for next season, and let's just get a clean, fresh approach back into the club.

Neilson Out 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If Budge wanted to do it , she would do it. She simply doesn't want to be proved wrong  again and thinks its possible a positive outcome can be realised next season or beyond if we, say, finish 9th or so. Don't laugh but that will be deemed okay. No one has a crystal ball that foresees the future beyond doubt though many can have an educated guess given previous and very recent recruitment, another overhaul expected, with it seems no analysis of signing failures, lack of player development, lack of energy required for the modern game. Those last bits are where Budge covers her ears and makes a noise.

11 minutes ago, David Black said:

We have been through the available manager debate before so I'm not doing that again. As for bringing in his own players, that is exactly what RN would be doing so what's the difference. When was the last time we payed a significant amount of money for a player. It's that long ago I certainly can't remember.

Changing the manager is one thing.  Restructuring is another..

6 minutes ago, David Black said:

200K in Euros for McEneff is significant in these times. I agree though why give Neilson another transfer window. Frear, Stewart and Popescu is enough to give me the fear.

Danny Wilde

So much that is hard to fathom about on-field performances this season. Its the recent first-45 performances that I find hardest to understand. Over the last 11 games we've had the following 'goals for' at half-time: 0-0-0-0-1-1-0-0-0-1-0. That's 3 first half goals in over 8 hours of football. In only one of those games have we actually been ahead at half-time, so every second-half has been an anxiety-filled exercise in not conceding and somehow finding a winner. I refuse to believe, even with the players that we have, that this club is incapable of playing high-tempo first-halves that could put games to bed by the 45th minute. If this is what we have to look forward to next season, then god help us.

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

I dont know what Dunfermline were playing at. How dare they defend as a team and at same time try and win the game. If they planned to defend they could have at least given us goal start. 

Neilson and his after match chat. 🤣

Dunfermline could have been 3 or 4 up at half time.

The man is deluded and an embarrassment. 

36 minutes ago, David Black said:

i agree but if RN was retained (hope not) he would have to make do with what AB decides is reasonably affordable whereas a prospective new manager could make demands that would have to be met or he may not come.

I noticed he had to mention Gordon, likely prompted by the interviewer but had to play down his contribution to extend his narrative: called on once or twice, so a not to make it sound like he saved our bacon again. Poor Craig, can't be praised too much! 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

i agree but if RN was retained (hope not) he would have to make do with what AB decides is reasonably affordable whereas a prospective new manager could make demands that would have to be met or he may not come.

I don't see that. Any number of coaches would compromise to have a crack at Hearts I realise playing devils advocate is a useful role though to tick off the boxes, remove countless concerns

sandylejambo

I'm not sure we have to sack Neilson's underlings, get him out and see if his mates are willing to go with him of their own free will, if not have the new manager undermined them at every turn, like she's doing with us.

1 hour ago, David Black said:

It doesn't cost anything to vote off directors and vote on new ones. The only cost is that of RN, LMc and GF package. Can we afford not to that is the question.

Inaction would be even more costly than action. 

We need a total reboot. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

That’s the real problem. Fixing it won’t be straightforward 

glynnlondon

Neilson will be here start of next season.

AB will see to that she won't miss a chance to flip the bird at an ever growing section of the support she despises.

FOH won't do jack obviously.

Don't bode well moving forward as a club.

Growing disinterest within the support as little will change is a problem all of our own making.

David Black
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I agree , but this is where bold leadership comes in. Does she stick with the potential cheaper option, RN, or go for the more bold option. It has long been argued on here as to what we should use the FOH money for, the transfer budget, youth academy, upkeep of the stadium? My preference would be allocate up to 50% towards a new managers salary and for that we would be getting way above what we have had and the remaining towards paying back AB the money we owe her. Get it right on the pitch and ST's. merchandise, hospitality takes care of itself.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

See if Robbie Neilson really really loved HMFC he would go and would have gone after the Brora game.

He hasn't and he is not going to.

That tells you in actual fact how much our manager really cares about our great club.

PHM, Neilson, do me a ******* favour.

I said this all along, he stole a wage as a player, IMO for 10 years (how many games did he play) and he got a testimonial.

PHM, you are having a laugh, he is from ****ing Paisley and thanks his god everyday that Heart of Midlothian have made him a wealthy man as a player/coach as this will be the biggest gig he will ever con a football club into.

Mrs Budge have a wee think, you were very succesful as a businesswoman and I respect that and thank you for saving us along with our fantastic fans from the criminal that would have finished as a club forever.

But the time is now right, you will be given all your money back and more and maybe we can give you the job of turning our restauarant into a Michelin one, please.

What  a load of nonsense : these are every day things that clubs have to pay for when recruiting players & managers. 

What does it matter if a new coach wants their own players : there's going to be a rebuild any way- Neilson said so -  so if AB has ANY doubts about Neilson she better act before HE starts the usual summer rebuild.

What does it matter about Savage - it's bugger all to do with the new coach/manager.

Just a load of pointless questions to try to undermine the very apparent need to have Neilson replaced.

PS The money is there for sackings - FOH is continuing to pour money into the club - even though it's been bought & paid for.  Three months FOH money should me more than enough to bin the lot of them. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

What  a load of nonsense : these are every day things that clubs have to pay for when recruiting players & managers. 

What does it matter if a new coach wants their own players : there's going to be a rebuild any way- Neilson said so -  so if AB has ANY doubts about Neilson she better act before HE starts the usual summer rebuild.

What does it matter about Savage - it's bugger all to do with the new coach/manager.

Just a load of pointless questions to try to undermine the very apparent need to have Neilson replaced.

PS The money is there for sackings - FOH is continuing to pour money into the club - even though it's been bought & paid for.  Three months FOH money should me more than enough to bin the lot of them. 

Perhaps SHAN BUDGE can pick up the tab having been thick enough to pay to bring Snoreson back.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

I said this all along, he stole a wage as a player, IMO for 10 years (how many games did he play) and he got a testimonial.

PHM, you are having a laugh, he is from ****ing Paisley and thanks his god everyday that Heart of Midlothian have made him a wealthy man as a player/coach as this will be the biggest gig he will ever con a football club into.

Mrs Budge have a wee think, you were very succesful as a businesswoman and I respect that and thank you for saving us along with our fantastic fans from the criminal that would have finished as a club forever.

But the time is now right, you will be given all your money back and more and maybe we can give you the job of turning our restauarant into a Michelin one, please.

Spot on. 200 games in ten years and had about 6 memorable moments of which 3 were in the cup final. We made him a millionaire. 
She can get her money back and go. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Perhaps SHAN BUDGE can pick up the tab having been thick enough to pay to bring Snoreson back.

She doesn’t pay for her mistakes, her mistakes don’t really get punished either, it’s us that are punished and pay for the privilege. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She doesn’t pay for her mistakes, her mistakes don’t really get punished either, it’s us that are punished and pay for the privilege. 

100%

The big question is

Are the financial consequences of sacking the current management team greater or less than them staying.

Personally I think in the long run, sacking them would end up as the better financial move.

56 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Neilson will be here start of next season.

AB will see to that she won't miss a chance to flip the bird at an ever growing section of the support she despises.

FOH won't do jack obviously.

Don't bode well moving forward as a club.

Growing disinterest within the support as little will change is a problem all of our own making.

Bookmarked.

lost in space

DONT SACK NEILSON and his sidekicks - put them on gardening leave.

Set up a separate FoH fund to pay for them. I was paying £30 a month (before I stopped) and would happily pay £50 a month till they are paid off.

This method of course would not fully pay them off - we would have to reduce size of playing pool for 2 years.

Here is a novel suggestion -play some younger players. They should cost less.

It is unlikely to cost £500k as more likely some desperate championship club (Dundee?) will want them. No pay off - they can terminate OR stay at home for 2 years.

It can be done.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

DONT SACK NEILSON and his sidekicks - put them on gardening leave.

Set up a separate FoH fund to pay for them. I was paying £30 a month (before I stopped) and would happily pay £50 a month till they are paid off.

This method of course would not fully pay them off - we would have to reduce size of playing pool for 2 years.

Here is a novel suggestion -play some younger players. They should cost less.

It is unlikely to cost £500k as more likely some desperate championship club (Dundee?) will want them. No pay off - they can terminate OR stay at home for 2 years.

It can be done.

Exactly, just like any other club does. One year rolling contracts from here on in though. 

17 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

😉 He's been drinking again &  doesn't realise  "ignore " posts are visible on here very often.

Probably too drunk to remember he asked me to clear out my inbox :oohmatron: so he could contact me. 

Wrong.

If one has a poster on ‘ignore’ any posts are only visible to the ‘ignorer’ if said posts are quoted by another member of the forum.

I quoted you directly (if I was on your ignore list you would have been unable to see that quote) and you replied directly, and almost immediately, to me. I venture that you are telling a small fib, that you do, in fact, not have me on your wee ignore list?

Also, please do not have the temerity to make unfounded assumptions about me.

Many thanks.

Rick Sanchez
1 hour ago, Jamdub said:

I had a look the other day for some stats of his career. They could be wrong but...

Apps: 228 

Goals: 2

Assists: 7

Can see why we play the way we do :laugh:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/robbie-neilson/leistungsdaten/spieler/12603/saison//plus/1#gesamt

kingantti1874

There no point. Sadly Ann doesn’t understand this. She thinks this is Sopra where they have an underperforming employee, who can be coincided and improve his position and it will all be fine.

it’s very clear that she simply doesn’t get it at all. Once a manager has lost this much trust it is impossible to come back from that. He could win 10 in a row and the first bad performance people want him gone. 

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

There is a woman in that office on over £40k a year and her ONLY job is dealing with player contracts. NOT negotiating or anything just dotting I’s and crossing t’s and some associated admin work and the odd phone call to an agent or club. It’s ludicrous the number of ‘senior’ people with singular simple tasks being paid fortunes in that office 

Imagine having a hr/ legal person to ensure all contracts are legal etc. 

It's not like that's important. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imagine having a hr/ legal person to ensure all contracts are legal etc. 

It's not like that's important. 

It’s her ONLY job mate. She reads contracts, makes a few phone calls to clubs and agents and the SFA when a player is signing or leaving. Does some bits and pieces finding accommodation etc etc and that’s IT. £40k a year !! She had an assistant at one point too FFS (not now right enough)

Bazzas right boot
Just now, JimmyCant said:

It’s her ONLY job mate. She reads contracts, makes a few phone calls to clubs and agents and the SFA when a player is signing or leaving. Does some bits and pieces finding accommodation etc etc and that’s IT. £40k a year !! She had an assistant at one point too FFS (not now right enough)

Was she assistant manager or assistant to the manager! 😂

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Another day starts and the club continues to drift aimlessly. 

Make it happen today, Ann. 

Downwards to oblivion. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Was she assistant manager or assistant to the manager! 😂

It was a bloke. Nice guy. Was talking to him yesterday actually. He drives trains now.

17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, just like any other club does. One year rolling contracts from here on in though. 

Does that mean that if we were lucky enough to hire an absolutely brilliant manager he could leave after 12 months?

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It was a bloke. Nice guy. Was talking to him yesterday actually. He drives trains now.

Did he fall or was he pushed?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Stole a wage as a player now? 

:cornette:

****ing hell. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:bolt:

This. 

There are issues to be discussed, but when this shite comes out folk just look a bit daft.