Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Maybe so, but their view is bullshit. They pay no attention to Hearts, they don't watch our games, they don't take into consideration the budget we have compared to the other teams,  all they see is the points on the table of a poor league. 

Agree, sky sports opinion is worthless/best ignored.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

People having recourse to the opinions of a broadcaster whose knowledge of Scottish football could be accommodated on a postage stamp in order to prop up a massively minority view?

World gone wrong.

7 minutes ago, leginten said:

People having recourse to the opinions of a broadcaster whose knowledge of Scottish football could be accommodated on a postage stamp in order to prop up a massively minority view?

World gone wrong.

Why would sky sport care that Hearts have no standards?

Neilson has resigned jokes for April Fool's Day are not funny.

100% of jambo's have been affected by his poor performance. 

Some things aren't jokes.

Please be respectful.

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why would sky sport care that Hearts have no standards?

Sky Sports doesn’t even know the difference between Hibs and Hearts. (Mind you, it’s possible to conclude that the person running our club doesn’t either.) Remember that pre-match graphic when they had the badge and club name mixed up? 

Just now, leginten said:

Sky Sports doesn’t even know the difference between Hibs and Hearts. (Mind you, it’s possible to conclude that the person running our club doesn’t either.) Remember that pre-match graphic when they had the badge and club name mixed up? 

Can't remember that. The bottom line with Robbie is the club are just going to make exactly the same mistakes as they did with Levein. Two seasons ago CL had a fantastic start and then all downhill from there, apart from the odd decent performance. The club simply ignored all the warning signs until it was too late. Rinse and repeat with Neilson. The signs are there, ignore the fans, ignore the signs. Next season ****ed before it starts.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can't remember that. The bottom line with Robbie is the club are just going to make exactly the same mistakes as they did with Levein. Two seasons ago CL had a fantastic start and then all downhill from there, apart from the odd decent performance. The club simply ignored all the warning signs until it was too late. Rinse and repeat with Neilson. The signs are there, ignore the fans, ignore the signs. Next season ****ed before it starts.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/sky-sports-blunder-again-they-display-hearts-badge-next-hibs-1422309

Sky Sports. The go-to resource for all your Scottish football needs.

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, leginten said:

7EDD55C3-F2A1-4168-988F-1997BA310D73.png

A50B63A7-4AFA-4AFB-B318-5EB296E27E5D.jpeg

11 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

I mean, taking anything Sky Sports says about Scottish football seriously is a perfectly reasonable position to adopt as long as you’re aware of the following:

- the presenter posing the dumb questions someone else has fed him may have a vague memory of hearing about two clubs whose names begin with R and C but otherwise has as much knowledge of Scottish football as my dug*
- that presenter is bored shitless and grimly filling in time until he can get back to the next EPL story

- the washed-up Scottish football “personality” being interviewed is inevitably part of the Old Pals circuit and will automatically close ranks behind whichever failed manager’s inadequacies have led to the story in the first place.

*I don’t have a dug.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, leginten said:

I mean, taking anything Sky Sports says about Scottish football seriously is a perfectly reasonable position to adopt as long as you’re aware of the following:

- the presenter posing the dumb questions someone else has fed him may have a vague memory of hearing about two clubs whose names begin with R and C but otherwise has as much knowledge of Scottish football as my dug*
- that presenter is bored shitless and grimly filling in time until he can get back to the next EPL story

- the washed-up Scottish football “personality” being interviewed is inevitably part of the Old Pals circuit and will automatically close ranks behind whichever failed manager’s inadequacies have led to the story in the first place.

*I don’t have a dug.

I was just sitting here thinking the same.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

probably correct but then who gives a toss what the football community thinks (whoever they are) :lol:

the protest does appear to be bonkers if you are too uneducated or too lazy to look into it - even if you do look into it some may believe it still to be bonkers

sounds like the foremost broadcaster is in the former camp

sounds like snakey added some context so good for that - I often think the content of what he says is pretty good - unfortunately a self-centred snake and poor manager 

Credibility of the club can be damaged by support as well as board. If it develops into war nobody worth their salt will take it.

Sunderland 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ah, i see now we are talking about the video posted on the Pressley thread.

First 3 words of the interview: "The truth is..." :laugh:

Luckily most of us don't give a toss what Sky sports think and hope that they continue to give the discntent some airtime.

How do you know its most of us?

You don't is reality. We will only truly know when tickets go on sale, whenever that is 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Credibility of the club can be damaged by support as well as board. If it develops into war nobody worth their salt will take it.

Sunderland 

yes agreed - it’s an unfortunate situation queen ann has created

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

How do you know its most of us?

You don't is reality. We will only truly know when tickets go on sale, whenever that is 

Fair point...most of kickback who voted. The only real indicator we have.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fair point...most of kickback who voted. The only real indicator we have.

Kickback is for the rabid among us. Not many I have gone to Tynecastle over the years indulge and tend to have less extreme views. 

Season tickets will show what damage is happening. 

Really don't want us to become the poisoned chalice, we need to be careful. 

For example ditching manager because we only won the League by 10 points reads very differently to looking for new manager due to promotion and seeking a higher level 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

Funny to see the UK's foremost broadcaster not even reaching amateurish levels of reporting.

siegementality

No news then? Never mind a scintillating performance against Dunfermline will ease the pressure, or maybe we’ll just be pish again.

16 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

I remember seeing the hibs one and laughing my ass off about it.   An honest mistake perhaps.    Edinburgh club badge googled.    

The badge for partick thistle one though is just blatant idiocy.    'That'll pass!'. ☺.   Good laugh all the same. 

Nookie Bear

“Let’s go to Scotlandshire to speak to ex-Celt Steven Pressley about the latest problems at...Hearts of Hibernian. While you’re watching that I’ll be stroking one out over James Ward-Prowse”

🗣️ “There is no point bringing him back here and he gets three or four games maximum, then has to sit about waiting."

🆕 Hearts boss Robbie Neilson on Cammy Logan and his future 

another classic from this clown Neilson

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

🗣️ “There is no point bringing him back here and he gets three or four games maximum, then has to sit about waiting."

There’s no point giving a young player a chance to show us what he can do because I’ll be dropping him for a 33-yr old player anyway. 

If he won’t play him when the league is all but won then Cammy needs to move on. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

There’s no point giving a young player a chance to show us what he can do because I’ll be dropping him for a 33-yr old player anyway. 

If he won’t play him when the league is all but won then Cammy needs to move on. 

If RN is staying then it probably is better he moves on or at least secures a longer loan next season so he can settle into a club and make his mark. No player should be moved on if Robbie is going though. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If RN is staying then it probably is better he moves on or at least secures a longer loan next season so he can settle into a club and make his mark. No player should be moved on if Robbie is going though. 

9 or 10 games for Cove, his first competitive games for a year, gets match fit, looks after himself over a very short summer and is then 100% ready for pre-season with Hearts. Sounds like excellent youth development planning to me. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

9 or 10 games for Cove, his first competitive games for a year, gets match fit, looks after himself over a very short summer and is then 100% ready for pre-season with Hearts. Sounds like excellent youth development planning to me. 

How good is he? He’s often mentioned on here. Decent chance of making it?

43 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

You read the full article aye?

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He’ll be punted on loan next season, nap. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't think we can recall him from his loan.  If we were able to do so maybe Shay Logan would not have been signed.

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't think we can recall him from his loan.  If we were able to do so maybe Shay Logan would not have been signed.

I expect that is true. Not sure where that Robbie quote came from tbh

gordiegords

I’m feeling very sensitive to what neilson has to say nowadays, the “white noise” he is talking about, is that the fan base? 

siegementality
4 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

I’m feeling very sensitive to what neilson has to say nowadays, the “white noise” he is talking about, is that the fan base? 

That’s how I read it.

The guy is simply a disaster every time someone sticks a microphone under his nose. 

NEILSON OUt

colinmaroon
On 01/04/2021 at 08:41, GinRummy said:

At least with Levein, it was in the top division and the injuries to the core of the team were immense by comparison to Neilson's.  (Plus, Levein had serious health issues to boot).  NB Just making a comparison and not defending CL, so please put the rabid dogs back in their cages).

One injury, apparently, has derailed our season???

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

At least with Levein, it was in the top division and the injuries to the core of the team were immense by comparison to Neilson's.  (Plus, Levein had serious health issues to boot).  NB Just making a comparison and not defending CL, so please put the rabid dogs back in their cages).

You're not allowed to use injuries as a factor - the Levein haters will will be on here in their droves and accuse you of being a happy clapper.  We can just see what happened to Liverpool when they lost Gomez, Van Dijk and Henderson  - or Spurs who only lost Kane and started abseiling.  To be fair to RN he was without arguably the best keeper in Scotland as well as Smith, Kingsley and Naismith for the 2 recent defeats but I felt we should still have had enough to at least beat Brora comfortably.

I was very critical of CL at the time but I can’t argue with any of your post. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I was very critical of CL at the time but I can’t argue with any of your post. 

It was a shit fest before his health scare. 

It's a bit like folk blaming everything on Covid19. 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

It was a shit fest before his health scare. 

It's a bit like folk blaming everything on Covid19. 

Not saying different. But considering fewer injuries, poorer league and no health issues. Robbie has a far easier job. 

Bazzas right boot

True, but Robbie will still deliver on promotion ( I think). 

So as I said elsewhere it's like cl's last season in reverse. 

Promotion 

Beat hibs in sc semi 

But

Out of lc and sc to shite 

CL ended up 6th but made the lc sf and final, still not an automatic sacking imo for a Hearts manager. 

Robbies Cup record, mainly the loss to Brora is terrible, but he will Litterally finish as  high as he could in the league - automatic sacking? 

I guess it's all about if the board thinks he can deliver in the league as he did on promotion last time or if the sc result was so poor he does not get the chance to do that. 

I'm 50/50, can see merit in both sides. 

Him and the players are ****ing tits for losing that game to Brora. Still can't believe that. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, GinRummy said:

Not saying different. But considering fewer injuries, poorer league and no health issues. Robbie has a far easier job. 

True.

Still a clown though. 

On 31/03/2021 at 13:19, JamboAl said:

JS was appointed as Sporting Director after stints at Hamilton, Norwich and PNE, all involving key responsibility for scouting and recruitment.  I doubt he would have come to play second fiddle to anyone.  With that sort of previous experience, only a cynic, or someone utterly biased against the club, would believe that he is not now the scouting supremo, communication or not.  Despite that I would expect heavy input from the manager before a signing is completed as he is the one who will ultimately carry the can.

Yes I would expect Neilson to have a big say on who we sign that’s the worrying thing for us all. Hearts seem to have the knack of getting a good player and making him worse. 

Have we ever had a manager, who the Hearts fans have became angry at him and wanted him sacked, that survived and made good. I can’t remember one and I know Robbie Neilson will not be one.

15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yes I would expect Neilson to have a big say on who we sign that’s the worrying thing for us all. Hearts seem to have the knack of getting a good player and making him worse. 

Certainly looks like being the case ☹️

2 hours ago, gordiegords said:

Neilson must get media handling lessons from Cathro. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Have we ever had a manager, who the Hearts fans have became angry at him and wanted him sacked, that survived and made good. I can’t remember one and I know Robbie Neilson will not be one.

No, but if these Hearts fans do as promised and stay away then he might become the 1st!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I see he’s talking now about Hearts being a more “vocal” team.

A proper dinosaur comment and yet another excuse.