• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Derek McInnes.......

A guy who did basically everything we haven’t done by pretty much finishing each season where his budget indicates he should.

He also won the same amount if trophies at Aberdeen as we’ve won in 15 years.

His record in the transfer market is decent too.

I won’t be turning my nose at up at the opportunity of him sorting our team out.

I read his interview and all I can say is he's lost the ****ing plot.

Do they think that was the protest and now it's over? It's going to end up happening every single week now. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are making the excuse that he feels the squad can’t play the way he wants them to? What is that style? He’s played numerous different formations, players etc and all we get is the slow build up that has the majority of fans after his resignation. 
He had a squad at United that cost 133% of turnover, they’ve had a crap season and are bottom 6 below two teams that am have smaller budgets. They’re fans are absolutely delighted they got rid of Neilson and are happy enough with Mellon. Hardly something to give him any credit for. 

I am not making excuses for him. Just have a read at my posts over the last few months and you can see what my thoughts are on the team performances orchestrated by him.

I gave what I think is the reason why he is struggling to get the team to play the way he wants.

He likes to play with width and this was why he signed Frear, Roberts, Ginelly and latterly Kastaneer.

Ginnelly looked as if he could be decent but as we know he has been injured for most of the season.

Roberts is on loan to Motherwell presumably because he was not producing for us and the other two are a waste of space.

GMS is the only other winger and he has been probably the best of the rest but still not great.

I think he made the mistake of concentrating on the wide areas rather than central midfield where Mcaneff has also shown as being disappointing to say the least.

These are all signings that have been made by Robbie and some in conjunction with our new SD but I don't see too many people pointing the finger at him.

Yes ultimately it is the Manager that decides who we sign but on the advice of the SD and so far they have not proven to look very good.

It may well be Robbie and his coaches that are to blame for not getting the players to produce the goods for them.

With regards to Dundee Utd you are happy to say that they are bottom six and it would seem blame Robbie for that despite the fact Mellon has been in charge all season and brought in some of his own signings albeit limited numbers.

Those same Utd fans were happy enough that he got them promoted. Opinions are always split on any Manager at any club.

Quite honestly I have no axe to grind about who manages our club I just want to watch some decent football and see the club doing well back in the Premiership.

If that is with or without Robbie I don't really care.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The man who brought Perreira to Hearts was the man you were hanging out the back of as he got us relegated last season. You’re hopeless at this :lol:

Corberan on the other hand was involved with the best Leeds squad for almost two decades. Google will help you out again 

That is typical of the gutter stuff you post.  A sure sign of your breeding or an embarrassment to your parents. 

As regards injuries to key players when you are top of the league, maybe you should ask Jurgen Klopp what he thinks but then again he'll not know as much about football as you.

When you get a keeper on loan from Man U you expect to get a decent goalie such as Johnstone (WBA) and Dean Henderson with Sheff Utd - even more so when highly rated  by Mourinho but after Joel's stint with us you'd think the bold Carlos (a former keeper himself) would have done his homework.   The fact he worked with Leeds was highly unlikely to do with him unless it was his talent as an interpreter.  The tea lady was involved too.  That would make Cathro a brilliant manager given his present and past associations with the Wolves manager.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That is typical of the gutter stuff you post.  A sure sign of your breeding or an embarrassment to your parents. 

As regards injuries to key players when you are top of the league, maybe you should ask Jurgen Klopp what he thinks but then again he'll not know as much about football as you.

When you get a keeper on loan from Man U you expect to get a decent goalie such as Johnstone (WBA) and Dean Henderson with Sheff Utd - even more so when highly rated  by Mourinho but after Joel's stint with us you'd think the bold Carlos (a former keeper himself) would have done his homework.   The fact he worked with Leeds was highly unlikely to do with him unless it was his talent as an interpreter.  The tea lady was involved too.  That would make Cathro a brilliant manager given his present and past associations with the Wolves manager.

:facepalm:

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am not making excuses for him. Just have a read at my posts over the last few months and you can see what my thoughts are on the team performances orchestrated by him.

I gave what I think is the reason why he is struggling to get the team to play the way he wants.

He likes to play with width and this was why he signed Frear, Roberts, Ginelly and latterly Kastaneer.

Ginnelly looked as if he could be decent but as we know he has been injured for most of the season.

Roberts is on loan to Motherwell presumably because he was not producing for us and the other two are a waste of space.

GMS is the only other winger and he has been probably the best of the rest but still not great.

I think he made the mistake of concentrating on the wide areas rather than central midfield where Mcaneff has also shown as being disappointing to say the least.

These are all signings that have been made by Robbie and some in conjunction with our new SD but I don't see too many people pointing the finger at him.

Yes ultimately it is the Manager that decides who we sign but on the advice of the SD and so far they have not proven to look very good.

It may well be Robbie and his coaches that are to blame for not getting the players to produce the goods for them.

With regards to Dundee Utd you are happy to say that they are bottom six and it would seem blame Robbie for that despite the fact Mellon has been in charge all season and brought in some of his own signings albeit limited numbers.

Those same Utd fans were happy enough that he got them promoted. Opinions are always split on any Manager at any club.

Quite honestly I have no axe to grind about who manages our club I just want to watch some decent football and see the club doing well back in the Premiership.

If you want to see good signings, go and watch Man City or Man U

Edited by sac
Spelling

Dusk_Till_Dawn
24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I mind your homophobic posts. Tell your ma and da about those 👍

Makes no sense for Robbie to resign when he is a result or two away from adding another promotion to his CV and Ann has recently given him backing by essentially saying he was tasked with getting promotion and that's what he is doing (albeit before the previous 2 performances). I get the feeling nothing changes until the summer in the hope it all blows over by then regardless of what the majority of us want...

HartleyLegend3
35 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

What makes you think we should, or have to accept it?

Do you honestly believe that the fanbase at Hearts is completely toothless?

She can't play any brinkmanship here.....It just goes against any logic for her to completely ignore what the overwhelming majority of her paying customers want...Neilson will be gone soon enough.

Neilson Out

My thinking behind it is she held on to Levein for so long despite the whole world telling her it wasn't working. 

Personal I'd move him along, even the end of season he will leave his post. 

IMO, that's not going to happen, so for the sake of our mental health, we need to keep the heed. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I mind your homophobic posts. Tell your ma and da about those 👍

Ah so you still have not answered the question and are desperate to deflect.  That says everything.

I wish I could speak to my ma and da but alas.....

PS - C'mon, answer the question.  Don't be shy.

Display your superior knowledge and I don't mind if you use Google.

Rogue Daddy
23 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Makes no sense for Robbie to resign when he is a result or two away from adding another promotion to his CV and Ann has recently given him backing by essentially saying he was tasked with getting promotion and that's what he is doing (albeit before the previous 2 performances). I get the feeling nothing changes until the summer in the hope it all blows over by then regardless of what the majority of us want...

Thing is, if moves are afoot to bring in a manager (and there seems to be a few rumours about McInnes)... AB is hardly going to come out and confirm the fact. 
I think RN has run his course - and he probably knows this - but I don’t think anything will happen until the end of the season. In fact, AB may well be ‘hoping’ he drops more points ( which he probably will), to make the decision easier. 
I think we’ll struggle against Dunfermline next week, I certainly can’t see us winning it. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Robbie 🤮
He’s signed 5 alleged wingers. 
Roberts has shown he’s not a winger, a forward in a 3. Frear is barely a football player, Ginnelly has issues. Kastaneer is, I can’t explain what he is. GMS is weak and much slower than he was at Celtic. Now he signed these guys he is at fault for that. 
He has said he wants to play with two wingers but if you don’t get them the ball quickly they won’t be able to do much, preferably from CM as fullbacks don’t usually give good passes, he would know that. 
If Savage gives him 3 options and he doesn’t like them he can ask for another 3, they’re both on equal footing. 
It may well be that him and his coaches aren’t getting the best out of the team? Well who ****ing else is at fault for that 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈
United are well shot of him. He doesn’t really divide our support anymore, the vast majority want him out. His boss can follow him out the door before she picks anymore disasters. 

It would have cost us say, £500k in compo to get either Neil or McInnes under contract. It will probably cost less than £200k to rip up Neilsons. 

We should be savvy enough to see this. By the time Neilson is sacked, these guys will have new clubs and we'll be left scratching our arses trying find a reasonable replacement. 

:sadrobbo:

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robbie 🤮
Roberts has shown he’s not a winger, a forward in a 3. Frear is barely a football player, Ginnelly has issues. Kastaneer is, I can’t explain what he is. GMS is weak and much slower than he was at Celtic. Now he signed these guys he is at fault for that. 
He has said he wants to play with two wingers but if you don’t get them the ball quickly they won’t be able to do much, preferably from CM as fullbacks don’t usually give good passes, he would know that. 
If Savage gives him 3 options and he doesn’t like them he can ask for another 3, they’re both on equal footing. 
It may well be that him and his coaches aren’t getting the best out of the team? Well who ****ing else is at fault for that 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈
United are well shot of him. He doesn’t really divide our support anymore, the vast majority want him out. His boss can follow him out the door before she picks anymore disasters. 

It does says it all that United weren’t that bothered he was leaving especially with compensation to boot

Rogue Daddy
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robbie 🤮
Roberts has shown he’s not a winger, a forward in a 3. Frear is barely a football player, Ginnelly has issues. Kastaneer is, I can’t explain what he is. GMS is weak and much slower than he was at Celtic.
Now he signed these guys he is at fault for that. 

Wingers and forwards.... why the feck was there not a push for a CB?! I mean Berra was injured (I know) and all we had was Halkett & Pop. For me, that was the priority in January... but for some reason it was all wingers/forwards as if we were about to play flowing attacking football.  

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

It does says it all that United weren’t that bothered he was leaving especially with compensation to boot

Indeed, I keep seeing different ones on social media joyously celebrating it. Imagine if it happened to us this summer for instance. 

LarrysRightFoot
29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robbie 🤮

5 wingers and a 7 foot forward whose game is getting on the end of crosses. However, Robbie switches to a diamond. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Wingers and forwards.... why the feck was there not a push for a CB?! I mean Berra was injured (I know) and all we had was Halkett & Pop. For me, that was the priority in January... but for some reason it was all wingers/forwards as if we were about to play flowing attacking football.  

Indeed, or a defensive midfielder or a right back. Any of those three would would’ve allowed Smith to play in the other positions. 
To try and rely on Berra/Souttar/Haring at CB really beggars belief. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

5 wingers and a 7 foot forward whose game is getting on the end of crosses. However, Robbie switches to a diamond. 

Indeed, at first he was subbing him on for the wingers 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

Jean Louis Valois
39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robbie 🤮

Frear is almost the most ridiculous signing, and that's saying something. He is so so poor, doesn't even get used as a sub these days. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Frear is almost the most ridiculous signing, and that's saying something. He is so so poor, doesn't even get used as a sub these days. 

He wanted to sign him for United, he had him on trial and then signed him. Luckily for him he will never play in front of the fans. 

15 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

And Neilson had Frear on trial for a week before making a contract offer

27 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’d have switched to a diamond as well. Every available winger was like playing with a man short. I do get your point though. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d have switched to a diamond as well. Every available winger was like playing with a man short. I do get your point though. 

It worked for the first 65 minutes against Dundee as the FBs got forward but aren’t the greatest crossers. 
He then shat the bed and changed back because he felt the FBs were being exposed. We then got pinned back for 30 minutes and had Gordon to thank for the win. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I worked for the first 65 minutes against Dundee as the FBs got forward but aren’t the greatest crossers. 
He then shat the bed and changed back because he felt the FBs were being exposed. We then got pinned back for 30 minutes and had Gordon to thank for the win. 

Absolutely. Every formation he plays just gets gradually more defensive. It’s like a re-run of the CL philosophy of don’t concede and we’ll nick a goal. Both managers have taken that approach with a horrendous defence. Yet people are and were saying they were being pragmatic. Pair of arseholes. 

Edited by GinRummy

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Absolutely. Every formation he plays just gets gradually more defensive. It’s like a re-run of the CL philosophy of don’t concede and we’ll nick a goal. Both managers have taken that approach with a horrendous defence. Yet people are and we’re saying they were being pragmatic. Pair of arseholes. 

Indeed, Mcinnes is of the same ilk and I would think we will be back at square one if we hired him. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, Mcinnes is of the same ilk and I would think we will be back at square one if we hired him. 

I said as much yesterday. I’d prefer him to Neilson but Aberdeen have got rid of him at the right time. Might tide us over, is the kindest thing I can think of to say. 

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

**** McInnes

his success largely based on a league without Rangers in it. 

Rangers get back to being a decent team and Aberdeen revert to type.

**** this always getting the same old same old SPL manager journeyman. I’m sick of it: I want a more progressive approach not just somebody all the ****ing thick pundits and media in Scotland get on with. 

+1, that's what I loved about the Stendel appointment - totally untainted by the old firm forelock tugging that is the norm

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I said as much yesterday. I’d prefer him to Neilson but Aberdeen have got rid of him at the right time. Might tide us over, is the kindest thing I can think of to say. 

He will have to get used a big drop in salary, I think he will get a job down south probably. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He will have to get used a big drop in salary, I think he will get a job down south probably. 

I hope so. Unfortunately his stock must be quite low at the moment. One goal in nine games or something similar before he left sheepland. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I hope so. Unfortunately his stock must be quite low at the moment. One goal in nine games or something similar before he left sheepland. 

How very Levein/Neilson esque 🙈

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How very Levein/Neilson esque 🙈

That’s my issue. A better version but the same ‘when in doubt defend’ type attitude. The longer these guys are in management the more defensive they get. That’s my problem with DM. 

Edited by GinRummy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That’s my issue. A better version but the same ‘when in doubt defend’ type attitude’. The longer these guys are in management the more defensive they get. That’s my problem with DM. 

Definitely. His teams have performed really badly against poor Hearts teams here apart from the first season we came back up. 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

It would have cost us say, £500k in compo to get either Neil or McInnes under contract. It will probably cost less than £200k to rip up Neilsons. 

We should be savvy enough to see this. By the time Neilson is sacked, these guys will have new clubs and we'll be left scratching our arses trying find a reasonable replacement. 

:sadrobbo:

Would love to know the figures.

Put him on gardening leave, means we pay for two managing teams. Can we afford it.

Robbie, if he gets a job offer then he needs to negotiate out. Stendal was the same.

RN can bleat he's achieved his objectives in difficult  circumstances and Budge will play along this line.

Managers are sacked year on year for poor on the park performances.  Controlling chairman accept their mistake and ultimately have to cough up for the remedy.

We have an unusual set-up where AB won't take responsibility, ultimately  its the fans who will have to cough up for her lack of football knowledge. 

4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

**** McInnes

his success largely based on a league without Rangers in it. 

Rangers get back to being a decent team and Aberdeen revert to type.

**** this always getting the same old same old SPL manager journeyman. I’m sick of it: I want a more progressive approach not just somebody all the ****ing thick pundits and media in Scotland get on with. 

Agreed

I have no idea why there's a mentality of 'we must have a Scottish manager' and 'he must have managed in Scotland before'

Surely we should be going for the best we can afford instead of just who meets those criteria.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robbie 🤮

Were you shouting for Levein to get the bullet so quickly?

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Agreed

I have no idea why there's a mentality of 'we must have a Scottish manager' and 'he must have managed in Scotland before'

Surely we should be going for the best we can afford instead of just who meets those criteria.

It appears it’s alright for the arse cheeks to have a foreign manager but not the rest.

They must adhere to the Scottish roundabout of managers.

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robbie 🤮

And I bet Calumn Morrison would have been a better bet in this division than all of them 🤷‍♂️

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Not keen on McInnes but he would be better than the scarecrow we’ve got in charge.

Neil would be better.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Would love to know the figures.

Put him on gardening leave, means we pay for two managing teams. Can we afford it.

Robbie, if he gets a job offer then he needs to negotiate out. Stendal was the same.

RN can bleat he's achieved his objectives in difficult  circumstances and Budge will play along this line.

Managers are sacked year on year for poor on the park performances.  Controlling chairman accept their mistake and ultimately have to cough up for the remedy.

We have an unusual set-up where AB won't take responsibility, ultimately  its the fans who will have to cough up for her lack of football knowledge. 

Yep. Failure in the long term will cost us more than punting Neilson now. As you say, this is something Chairpeople understand and make the changes for the good of their club. 

That's the boards job. Set the standards and expectations for the manager and if they're not doing the business, they're gone. 

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not keen on McInnes but he would be better than the scarecrow we’ve got in charge.

Neil would be better.

Me neither but you could almost guarantee he'd leave us in a better place by the time we needed to make a change. Better than Neilson. 

BonningtonJambo
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Me neither but you could almost guarantee he'd leave us in a better place by the time we needed to make a change. Better than Neilson. 

Dont like his style of play but he built aberdeen virtually from the ground up they were flirting with relegation before he took over

21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Neil would be better.

Neil Buchanan?

5 minutes ago, BonningtonJambo said:

Dont like his style of play but he built aberdeen virtually from the ground up they were flirting with relegation before he took over

I don't know. Maybe he knew Aberdeen were limited and played that way to get results. Perhaps he's not just a one trick pony. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Neil Buchanan?

Paints a nice picture. 

5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Jumping the gun are we not? Theres no chance Robbie will be sacked 

He's toast. The Board will cave eventually. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Were you shouting for Levein to get the bullet so quickly?

Yeah, didn’t want him to get the job. The Celtic game could’ve been the turning point but it went back to the same crap. 
I was one of the few then but I kept putting the points across, if you feel the need to defend Neilson by all mans bash on. 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And I bet Calumn Morrison would have been a better bet in this division than all of them 🤷‍♂️

Moore too.