• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

The Real Maroonblood
On 29/03/2021 at 10:38, StevenNaismith said:

Robbie will leave this week. 100%

Any update on that?

The clocks ticking.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sky Sports laughing at protesters there. Just finished a section there on The Football Show 

3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

He is going nowhere.A board completely out of touch with the fans and digging the heels in until they are through the bone so not to bow to fan pressure.

The thing is though it shouldn't need to be this way as surely they can see how dreadful it has been for the most part this season.Its totally uninspiring and rubs off on everybody I mean surely to **** they are not sitting happy.

I agree. She's staked her reputation on him in her last throw of the dice. He's not leaving and anyone thinking he'll "get a round of games next season" to prove himself is missing the point : if it comes down to that it will be a disaster.  It's literally Robbie or bust. 

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sky Sports laughing at protesters there. Just finished a section there on The Football Show 

What protestors?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Over a week now. Looks like Robbie 1will be our manager next season

😩😭😫😡

Hectormasson
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That's what folks think of us now, a sad joke,   an integral part of the Scottish game we once were ? Look at us now under this mob at the helm .....

7 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I Completely agree mate, He needs to go asap, however the problems at the club are much deeper than RN for me, 

Firstly i think budge needs to go and be replaced by someone who has a vision to take this football club to the top and not just employ people who they like or who are part of their family, It's bloody farcical how she operates. The board absolutely needs freshened up, I would honestly like to know and hear more from Mr.Mckinley about what he is actually doing/planning? He is CEO after all! another farce.

I think that John murray needs booted out on his arse and his position should be taken by savage who should be our head of recruitment, Then of course RN and his coaches should be politely told to leave and a competent manager appointed.

I can't understand the continuing obsession with John Murray.  I don't know if he is still here, or in what capacity, but I would imagine any influence he had has been severely diluted by the appointment of Savage, otherwise what was the point of hiring the latter.

Edited by JamboAl

8 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I Completely agree mate, He needs to go asap, however the problems at the club are much deeper than RN for me, 

Firstly i think budge needs to go and be replaced by someone who has a vision to take this football club to the top and not just employ people who they like or who are part of their family, It's bloody farcical how she operates. The board absolutely needs freshened up, I would honestly like to know and hear more from Mr.Mckinley about what he is actually doing/planning? He is CEO after all! another farce.

I think that John murray needs booted out on his arse and his position should be taken by savage who should be our head of recruitment, Then of course RN and his coaches should be politely told to leave and a competent manager appointed.

I agree totally.

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I can't understand the continuing obsession with John Murray.  I don't know if he is still here, or in what capacity, but I would imagine any influence he had has been severely diluted by the appointment of Savage, otherwise what was the point of hiring the latter.

Who knows what is going on at Hearts. The communication is very poor you’d think Hearts TV would inform the subscribers what goes on behind the scenes and interviews with CEO, Board Members, Scouts, Stadium manager, Hospitality, Coaching staff, Head Steward, Chef’s, Ticket and Shop staff, and anybody who has anything to do with Hearts. I mean what we get for our Hearts TV subscription is badly lacking. Hearts TV £5.99 a month.

Edited by mitch41

33 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I agree totally.

The women's team is doing ok. We have an award winning restaurant. As meatloaf would say 2 outa 3 ain't bad

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Who knows what is going on at Hearts. The communication is very poor you’d think Hearts TV would inform the subscribers what goes on behind the scenes and interviews with CEO, Board Members, Scouts, Stadium manager, Hospitality, Coaching staff, Head Steward, Chef’s, Ticket and Shop staff, and anybody who has anything to do with Hearts. I mean what we get for our Hearts TV subscription is badly lacking. Hearts TV £5.99 a month.

JS was appointed as Sporting Director after stints at Hamilton, Norwich and PNE, all involving key responsibility for scouting and recruitment.  I doubt he would have come to play second fiddle to anyone.  With that sort of previous experience, only a cynic, or someone utterly biased against the club, would believe that he is not now the scouting supremo, communication or not.  Despite that I would expect heavy input from the manager before a signing is completed as he is the one who will ultimately carry the can.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

That's what folks think of us now, a sad joke,   an integral part of the Scottish game we once were ? Look at us now under this mob at the helm .....

Laughing at the protest not the club

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Laughing at the protest not the club

I will try and catch up with it. Not sure why Sky Sports would be laughing at it though, they are usually a bit more reserved than that.

But if it makes Budge squirm in her seat then good on them.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

JS was appointed as Sporting Director after stints at Hamilton, Norwich and PNE, all involving key responsibility for scouting and recruitment.  I doubt he would have come to play second fiddle to anyone.  With that sort of previous experience, only a cynic, or someone utterly biased against the club, would believe that he is not now the scouting supremo, communication or not.  Despite that I would expect heavy input from the manager before a signing is completed as he is the one who will ultimately carry the can.

My worry is Neilson can't tell him want he wants.We were going to be playing 442 within 4 games it was we were going to play 433.January came and he wanted a target man and b2b to play 442.Throughout this time we have played mostly 4231 with two holding mids our b2b midfielder brought in has played I think one start in his proper role.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

My worry is Neilson can't tell him want he wants.We were going to be playing 442 within 4 games it was we were going to play 433.January came and he wanted a target man and b2b to play 442.Throughout this time we have played mostly 4231 with two holding mids our b2b midfielder brought in has played I think one start in his proper role.

He's full of ****.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He's full of ****.

This. He has no idea what he’s doing. He just uses the ‘I want to adapt to this style’ line whenever bad results come along. Pure deflection which the EEN in particular laps up

Greedy Jambo

The fact that he's still able to bring players in, suggests that Ann has no intention of getting rid of him. 

What a cheery thought. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Robbo-Jambo
37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This. He has no idea what he’s doing. He just uses the ‘I want to adapt to this style’ line whenever bad results come along. Pure deflection which the EEN in particular laps up

He has talked about changing style a few times this season especially when new players come in but has done **** all about it.

He finds it impossible to change things as he is too dense.

He thinks Plan B is a singer/songwriter. 

Ainsley Harriott
31 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The fact that he's still able to bring players in, suggests that Ann has no intention of getting rid of him. 

What a cheery thought. 

Fans need to turn up the pressure on Ann. Cut off the income stream and she will buckle. Moaning about her whilst handing her cash every month wont bother her.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I hope so but i heard he was still at the club taking a wage, what exactly does he do then to earn that wage if savage is doing all the work?

58 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Fans need to turn up the pressure on Ann. Cut off the income stream and she will buckle. Moaning about her whilst handing her cash every month wont bother her.

This.

The "football department" seems to be run by AB & RN with input from JS. The fact that they've given the go-ahead to sign Logan and (possibly) Crawford is basically sticking 2 fingers up to those of us who have had the temerity to complain about the sub-standard performances for most of this season.

We have to talk in language that AB & the Board will understand . That appears only to be the balance sheet.

12 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I hope so but i heard he was still at the club taking a wage, what exactly does he do then to earn that wage if savage is doing all the work?

Watching players under Savages direction. 

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

This.

The "football department" seems to be run by AB & RN with input from JS. The fact that they've given the go-ahead to sign Logan and (possibly) Crawford is basically sticking 2 fingers up to those of us who have had the temerity to complain about the sub-standard performances for most of this season.

We have to talk in language that AB & the Board will understand . That appears only to be the balance sheet.

Don’t think even that will worry Budge and Anderson in the short term 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Watching players under Savages direction. 

Good point, i just don't trust the guy, his involvement with our recruitment has been awful imo

15 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Sits at the table and agrees with everything everyone says. Has a substantial dossier don't you know. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think even that will worry Budge and Anderson in the short term 

We're in deeper **** than I though if our Board are going to ignore the revenue streams dropping.

Season Ticket sales will be key to this.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I will try and catch up with it. Not sure why Sky Sports would be laughing at it though, they are usually a bit more reserved than that.

But if it makes Budge squirm in her seat then good on them.

Presenter said 10 points clear and winning the League what do they want and why would Neilson even want to bother with us

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He has talked about changing style a few times this season especially when new players come in but has done **** all about it.

He finds it impossible to change things as he is too dense.

He thinks Plan B is a singer/songwriter. 

He was criticised for being the tinker man in his first stint 

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Presenter said 10 points clear and winning the League what do they want and why would Neilson even want to bother with us

The presenter on Sky Sports said that?

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I didn't say he was/wasn't at the club - I don't know.

I didn't say Savage was doing all the work either.

Read what I said again.

Edited by JamboAl

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

The presenter on Sky Sports said that?

Yip. Pressley had a wee chuckle before giving a fairly measured response which is on the EN site

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yip. Pressley had a wee chuckle before giving a fairly measured response which is on the EN site

Ah right, Pressley's opinion, not Sky Sports 👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

The Day Today | GIFGlobe

hopefully the hearts support won’t be appeased if neilson is sacked

budge is the issue neilson just a symptom

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ah right, Pressley's opinion, not Sky Sports 👍

No. Presenter said it and left Pressley to then choose his words carefully. 

Credit to Pressley where it's due he spoke well of past problems running into this one and was very well balanced. 

Presenter was basically suggesting that protest was bonkers 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Who gives a monkeys what sky sports think, i'm surprised they even got our name right. 

As the foremost broadcaster in the region, I'm guessing the football community would take their view more seriously than a forum for amateurs 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Many sane people would ask the same questions. 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Sir Gio said:

As the foremost broadcaster in the region, I'm guessing the football community would take their view more seriously than a forum for amateurs 

Maybe so, but their view is bullshit. They pay no attention to Hearts, they don't watch our games, they don't take into consideration the budget we have compared to the other teams,  all they see is the points on the table of a poor league. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
Just now, Sir Gio said:

probably correct but then who gives a toss what the football community thinks (whoever they are) :lol:

the protest does appear to be bonkers if you are too uneducated or too lazy to look into it - even if you do look into it some may believe it still to be bonkers

sounds like the foremost broadcaster is in the former camp

sounds like snakey added some context so good for that - I often think the content of what he says is pretty good - unfortunately a self-centred snake and poor manager 

5 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Think the opposite is more likely to be the case. She won’t walk away with the club in debt or trouble. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Sir Gio said:

No. Presenter said it and left Pressley to then choose his words carefully. 

Credit to Pressley where it's due he spoke well of past problems running into this one and was very well balanced. 

Presenter was basically suggesting that protest was bonkers 

Ah, i see now we are talking about the video posted on the Pressley thread.

First 3 words of the interview: "The truth is..." :laugh:

Luckily most of us don't give a toss what Sky sports think and hope that they continue to give the discntent some airtime.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

thats a fair comment - doesn’t mean the answers don’t explain it tho

many simplistic thinkers wouldn’t even ask the questions they would just assume the obvious which is often the incorrect answer

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Maybe so, but their view is bullshit. They pay no attention to Hearts, they don't watch our games, they don't take into consideration the budget we have compared to the other teams,  all they see is the points on the table of a poor league. 

Exactly. As the reporter (or Pressley) who knocked us out the League Cup, ask them what the result was the game before Brora...they will be all over the place with that.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Think the opposite is more likely to be the case. She won’t walk away with the club in debt or trouble. 

everyone has a walk-away point often different from their intended walk-away point :)

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Fair questions: maybe it is about time Ann showed some true leadership and got in front of the cameras to reiterate her commitment to Robbie and club.

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

But I think she would realise changing things would get the supporters back on board. Going along with her as things are is just throwing good money after bad.

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

The answers are fairly obvious. We’ve just had the worst result in our history meaning we’ve been put out of both cup competitions by part time clubs and robbie is doing an awful job of getting the best out of his players. Rather than wait ‘till he ruins next season, it’s time for him to go now. 

I was willing to let him get the start of next season but had no confidence in him to do a good job but results change people’s minds. The ‘response’ v QoS was an embarrassment too far. 

It’s more surprising that folk actually want to give robbie more time.