Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

For me Neilsons done but is it his fault ?  He’s going to get us promoted bar a miracle. It’s hardly his fault he’s a dinosaur with eye bleeding football.  That much was obvious when she employed him. 
for me it’s on Budge. Her managerial appointments and belief in all things Levein are unforgivable. What a mess she’s made of it all. Neilsons just a mini Levein.  Cathro, McPhee all on Levein. All on Budge.

Neilsons football is hardly surprising. The only thing is that it’s shiteness has shown up in this division rather than wait until the premiership. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

59 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

For me Neilsons done but is it his fault ?  He’s going to get us promoted bar a miracle. It’s hardly his fault he’s a dinosaur with eye bleeding football.  That much was obvious when she employed him. 
for me it’s on Budge. Her managerial appointments and belief in all things Levein are unforgivable. What a mess she’s made of it all. Neilsons just a mini Levein.  Cathro, McPhee all on Levein. All on Budge.

Neilsons football is hardly surprising. The only thing is that it’s shiteness has shown up in this division rather than wait until the premiership. 

Exasperated as I am with Neilson, I find it hard to dislike him. He’s not good enough and needs to go as a matter of urgency, but that’s about it. I’d let him buy me a pint.

Budge, on the other hand, is now absolutely toxic. There’s something deeply dislikeable about her. A combination of smugness, obstinacy and incompetence. She doesn’t appear to give a toss about the Hearts supporters. Can’t wait to see the back of her.

9 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Good to have it confirmed that the pressure is being applied behind closed doors👍🏻 Hopefully will force the change 

Thanks, thats good news mate, i really think its the only way for us to move forward as a club, i really hope the pressure is on budge to stand down at the end of the season too, robbie neilson is only part of the problem.

21 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Money we’ve pissed away. 

Though I’d rather keep Robbie than have McInnes as manager. 

McInnes who has had Aberdeen both home and away for many seasons over a manager who shits the bed as soon as we leave Tynecastle and often isn't even very good at home..

What is it that you think makes Neilson better than McInnes? It can't be style of football or results. 

Just now, RussAsia said:

McInnes who has had Aberdeen both home and away for many seasons over a manager who shits the bed as soon as we leave Tynecastle and often isn't even very good at home..

What is it that you think makes Neilson better than McInnes? It can't be style of football or results. 

I’m making no defence of Neilson. Personally I think McInnes would be a dull uninspiring appointment. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m making no defence of Neilson. Personally I think McInnes would be a dull uninspiring appointment. 

I'd like to get someone more inspiring as well, however who knows what our options will be.

If it were to be McInnes I can see why we'd be not gambling and taken a proven manager with a good track record in the SPL. Not only that but his best players were sold from around him on a yearly basis and he managed to keep them at the top. His biggest attribute would be that he goes out every week to win home and away. The biggest issue with him is that his teams often crumble in important games, especially against Celtic and Rangers.

Anything is an improvement on what we currently have and there is nothing more dull and uninspiring that keeping Neilson on..

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You obviously don't do irony!!!!!....😂

Bazzas right boot

My mates text to me when I said I think McInnes could be replacing Robbie 

"Packs the defence, likes a lump up front. Negative as ****, shits the bed in big games and  shite post match interviews coming your way" 

He's been an Aberdeen St holder for 10 years plus. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"Packs the defence, likes a lump up front. Negative as ****, shits the bed in big games and  shite post match interviews coming your way" 

He's been an Aberdeen St holder for 10 years plus. 

This is what I don't get.. If he's so negative how come he continually wins games both home and away.. And isn't this still an upgrade on negative as  **** and loses most games away from home which we have done recently?

I'd agree with the other points..

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

This is what I don't get.. If he's so negative how come he continually wins games both home and away.. And isn't this still an upgrade on negative as  **** and loses most games away from home which we have done recently?

I'd agree with the other points..

No idea. 

Same went for us with Robbie first time round, abiet over a smaller time frame. 

Aberdeen fans really went of him tho, maybe he had his peak without rangers and since then, behind Killie, Motherwell and now hibs, they've went a little bit backwards under him last few seasons. 

Maybe Mcinnes just needs something fresh, maybe having a city rival will help the big game mentality overall?

Or Maybe Mcinnes isn't very good but taken opportunity of the worst hibs, Hearts, rangers and Utd sides over a few years and got a bit lucky. 

Whoever we'll get, they'll not be good enough and there will be a thread about them in a year so I'm not ****ed who the next chump is in charge Tbh. 

More meat for the grinder. 

As I text, same mate says Logan is still a decent player, no idea why Mcinnes wouldn't play him this season!

I text back replying - he's ruined, won't be able to pass, tackle or run by lunchtime. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Right up your street then.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Right up your street then.

If he gets us  in about 3rd I won't be complaining. 

Others will. 

Italian Lambretta

If Neilson gets emptied this week and Budge announces her retirement then the fans get their wish.

Whoever comes in after that whether it be McInnes or Alex Neil they should get our full backing no more of these threads about 'McInnes out' or 'Neil out' until at least they been given the best opportunity to reshape the team they want.

Hectormasson
19 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Think how much damage levein was allowed to inflict before being thrown out, Neilson is going nowhere while budge is still running things.

Even defeat to dunfermline changes nothing as far as Ann is concerned.

Her ignorance to what's been going for what seems an eternity, is more than alarming, stinks of total stubborness & her ego drive.

Bad Religion
55 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If Neilson gets emptied this week and Budge announces her retirement then the fans get their wish.

Whoever comes in after that whether it be McInnes or Alex Neil they should get our full backing no more of these threads about 'McInnes out' or 'Neil out' until at least they been given the best opportunity to reshape the team they want.

Tosh will turn on the next incumbent immediately if there's no connection to Budge. Just like he did with Stendel.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Tosh will turn on the next incumbent immediately if there's no connection to Budge. Just like he did with Stendel.

Fair comment. 

kingantti1874

Would Mcinnes be my first choice ? No that would be Alex Neil however 

is Mcinnes a better option than Neilson? Eh ****ing yes. He turned Aberdeen from a complete joke in the team that qualified for Europe 8 years on the bounce.

it’s gone a bit stale, he hasn’t been backed by Cormack so he had to move on but he would be a massive step up from Neilson. No one could ever accuse Aberdeen of being workshy, or not going at it 100%. In that regard he could be exactly what we need. They aren’t a joke now

But we are most certainly a joke, we are the Aberdeen of the 00’s only let’s be honest much much worse. A soft touch, a holiday camp for flawed characters. 

id welcome Mcinnes with open arms 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

is Mcinnes a better option than Neilson? Eh ****ing yes. He turned Aberdeen from a complete joke in the team that qualified for Europe 8 years on the bounce.

it’s gone a bit stale, he hasn’t been backed by Cormack so he had to move on but he would be a massive step up from Neilson. No one could ever accuse Aberdeen of being workshy, or not going at it 100%. In that regard he could be exactly what we need. They aren’t a joke now

But we are most certainly a joke, we are the Aberdeen of the 00’s only let’s be honest much much worse. A soft touch, a holiday camp for flawed characters. 

Totally agree. 

Absolute negligence on the part of Hearts if we are not at least pursuing the McInness/Neil options. 

Rick Sanchez

Every manager we've had under Ann Budge has been soft as shit...I wouldn’t have classed Levein as soft but he'd lost his edge.

The only one that wasn't soft was Stendel and look what Budgey done with him. Alex Neil comes across as a bit softer than McInnes.

I'd like a McInnes type tbh. Someone who comes out and says it as it is...not complain about the wind...or the plastic pitch...or the ref...or the bobbly pitch...having to play kick a run...no fans...remnants...

Made myself angry now 😡

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Every manager we've had under Ann Budge has been soft as shit...I wouldn’t have classed Levein as soft but he'd lost his edge.

The only one that wasn't soft was Stendel and look what Budgey done with him. Alex Neil comes across as a bit softer than McInnes.

I'd like a McInnes type tbh. Someone who comes out and says it as it is...not complain about the wind...or the plastic pitch...or the ref...or the bobbly pitch...having to play kick a run...no fans...remnants...

Made myself angry now 😡

well thats your application in the bin now

5 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

they'll get a few matches and if it's not all roses in the garden and free flowing football then GTF  👀

JamboCampbell

absolutely disgusting that he is still in place. Absolutely disgusting. 

We need MAJOR change and philosophy. Give a new man time to weed out the jokers, empty as much as possible in the summer. Bring in 4-5 quality players of the new mans choice and bring some kids in to give them a chance. Supporters would accept that for the first year. From there on you build and build.

I am wary of Mcinnes due to the type of football they played the last 18 months. But his initial years at Aberdeen the football was very good. People forget that. Agree with some posters that things had gone stale and they hadnt supported him financially. 

Alex Neil - same as the above in many ways. Did well at Hamilton with youth. Norwich so so, Preston was a mess.

In conclusion - I would be favoured to go with Mcinnes and give him 3 years with Joe Savage to build something and give the younger lad some gametime. I think he would have the noust and respect to make some big changes.

Couple this with Budge stepping aside in the summer to give FOH control we will progress very very quickly. 

One thing I do want to see is more about the plans from FOH in how they plan to run the club. 

Rocky jamboa

It's quite worrying that there's talk of Neil and mcinnes being lined up. If Budge is going in June 🤞, why is she looking to appoint someone for the next 3 years or so when she won't be there? Leave that to the new CEO who comes in. It would be better if the handover was brought forward to now, to give the new guy time to review and make plans to hit the ground running next season.

Get rid of Robbie now, put anyone else in charge (no one could do any worse) for the rest of the season, then we can do a full refresh when budge goes. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It's quite worrying that there's talk of Neil and mcinnes being lined up. If Budge is going in June 🤞, why is she looking to appoint someone for the next 3 years or so when she won't be there? Leave that to the new CEO who comes in. It would be better if the handover was brought forward to now, to give the new guy time to review and make plans to hit the ground running next season.

Get rid of Robbie now, put anyone else in charge (no one could do any worse) for the rest of the season, then we can do a full refresh when budge goes. 

What makes you think she’s leaving in June mate and it might not be a guy that replaces her, she’s hired a CEO already. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-tells-hearts-fans-she-going-nowhere-board-changes-are-imminent-2944952

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
20 hours ago, leginten said:

Budge, on the other hand, is now absolutely toxic. There’s something deeply dislikeable about her. A combination of smugness, obstinacy and incompetence. She doesn’t appear to give a toss about the Hearts supporters. Can’t wait to see the back of her.

:clap:

how do you do the dale carrick emoji thing ? 

You just know that they are waiting till the team stumbles across the line and wins another game before anything else is said in public. Some blip is over shite. The disdain for us is breathtaking. 

I’m watching tonight’s Raith v Dunfermline and watching this game is like night and day from watching Hearts under Neilson. It’s 3-1 to Raith and they are playing good attacking football with a passing game that looks well coached.

If only we had a decent manager who could have Hearts playing like Raith in this first half. 

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s terrible , isn’t it?  Everything you say was what Hearts were built on for decades. I said I never really rated McInnes’ Aberdeen for much of his time there but at a minimum they were built on the fundamentals and it was a staple.

That can be enough in the SPL and as long as you have enough quality, you’ll edge the rest of the division (Celtic, Huns aside). Sound familiar?

I felt and said months ago Aberdeen under McInnes were reminiscent of Hearts from the past. Maybe not so much in quality but they were tough and had the consistency to go with it. 

8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

You just know that they are waiting till the team stumbles across the line and wins another game before anything else is said in public. Some blip is over shite. The disdain for us is breathtaking. 

PR genius from AB. Get some evidence in place first before new news week that RN is the man to lead us forward. Along with a few warnings re fan conduct built in for good measure. 

Hectormasson
On 29/03/2021 at 16:27, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

He will be here to the end of the season at least as long as he gets us promoted.

After that, who knows but it wouldn't  surprise me if he was still in charge at the start of next season which will be an absolute disaster.

Another long dragged out saga the way it went with Levein.

Lessons never seem to be learned at our club. 

Take the championship trophy behind closed doors put it in a cupboard out of site.... and I wish we could have a wee asterisk next to our name next to it , and on paper to say after being booted out hearts are back !   That's it, no photos of players nothing ,,, this is something that should not be celebrated or lauded  for many reasons......

17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’m watching tonight’s Raith v Dunfermline and watching this game is like night and day from watching Hearts under Neilson. It’s 3-1 to Raith and they are playing good attacking football with a passing game that looks well coached.

If only we had a decent manager who could have Hearts playing like Raith in this first half. 

Just makes you wonder what Robbie and his coaches are doing in training. 

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

What makes you think she’s leaving in June mate and it might not be a guy that replaces her, she’s hired a CEO already. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-tells-hearts-fans-she-going-nowhere-board-changes-are-imminent-2944952

She's listed as CEO on the Hearts website. She's maybe CEO of the PLC and he's CEO of the football side.

The transfer to FOH completes in June so why would she be kept on beyond then? She's done enough damage as it is!

Neilson going won’t change much especially if we bring in Mcinnes. It’s Budge that needs to step aside and lose the current football model we have. Neil might see us improve though. The squad still needs a huge overhaul. 

44 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

:clap:

how do you do the dale carrick emoji thing ? 

:sweeet:

Click on the wee smiley in the toolbar above the box for your text and then scroll down for miles ... and miles ... and miles.

I think each emoji has a code, but I don’t know how to do that. Not IT-literate.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

She's listed as CEO on the Hearts website. She's maybe CEO of the PLC and he's CEO of the football side.

The transfer to FOH completes in June so why would she be kept on beyond then? She's done enough damage as it is!

I hope she leaves too but she has no intention of leaving or loosening her iron grip on our club. The lapdogs she’s surrounded herself with at the club won’t make her either. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, leginten said:

Click on the wee smiley in the toolbar above the box for your text and then scroll down for miles ... and miles ... and miles.

I think each emoji has a code, but I don’t know how to do that. Not IT-literate.

:robbo:

44 minutes ago, leginten said:

: s w e e e t :

without the spaces gives you

I don’t want a manager that has the players calling him by his first name like he’s their teammate. At Hearts all you hear is the players saying Robbie this and Robbie that. He’s their Boss or Gaffer and I believe if not Alex Neil somebody like him has to come in and get this shambles sorted ASAP because after 5 league games we’re finished until the new season starts in July or August and I don’t want Robbie having anything to do with who stays and who goes as I don’t trust his judgement never mind his management of the team. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
On 29/03/2021 at 22:54, leginten said:

cheers :)

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I don’t want a manager that has the players calling him by his first name like he’s their teammate. At Hearts all you hear is the players saying Robbie this and Robbie that. He’s their Boss or Gaffer and I believe if not Alex Neil somebody like him has to come in and get this shambles sorted ASAP because after 5 league games we’re finished until the new season starts in July or August and I don’t want Robbie having anything to do with who stays and who goes as I don’t trust his judgement never mind his management of the team. 

I Completely agree mate, He needs to go asap, however the problems at the club are much deeper than RN for me, 

Firstly i think budge needs to go and be replaced by someone who has a vision to take this football club to the top and not just employ people who they like or who are part of their family, It's bloody farcical how she operates. The board absolutely needs freshened up, I would honestly like to know and hear more from Mr.Mckinley about what he is actually doing/planning? He is CEO after all! another farce.

I think that John murray needs booted out on his arse and his position should be taken by savage who should be our head of recruitment, Then of course RN and his coaches should be politely told to leave and a competent manager appointed.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I Completely agree mate, He needs to go asap, however the problems at the club are much deeper than RN for me

Firstly i think budge needs to go and be replaced by someone who has a vision to take this football club to the top and not just employ people who they like or who are part of their family, It's bloody farcical how she operates. The board absolutely needs freshened up, I would honestly like to know and hear more from Mr.Mckinley about what he is actually doing/planning? He is CEO after all! another farce.

I think that John murray needs booted out on his arse and his position should be taken by savage who should be our head of recruitment, Then of course RN and his coaches should be politely told to leave and a competent manager appointed.

True but we can deal with each problem individually and this is the easiest one to do, relatively. 

We can’t hesitate in moving Robbie on because of other issues in the club. Let’s get it done and see if guys like Savage and JJ are aware enough of the deeper problems to get through to Ann and McKinlay. I am also hoping the FoH will step up as well and present the Board with some harsh realities. 

But first, Robbie Out. 

He is going nowhere.A board completely out of touch with the fans and digging the heels in until they are through the bone so not to bow to fan pressure.

The thing is though it shouldn't need to be this way as surely they can see how dreadful it has been for the most part this season.Its totally uninspiring and rubs off on everybody I mean surely to **** they are not sitting happy.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

He is going nowhere.A board completely out of touch with the fans and digging the heels in until they are through the bone so not to bow to fan pressure.

The thing is though it shouldn't need to be this way as surely they can see how dreadful it has been for the most part this season.Its totally uninspiring and rubs off on everybody I mean surely to **** they are not sitting happy.

Sadly, I think you could be right, they put themselves before anyone else including the fans, the sheer stubborness and cluelessness running through all of them is staggering, and they actually believe they're doing a good job and seem genuinely puzzled as to why fans are not happy, you couldn't make it up! 

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Sadly, I think you could be right, they put themselves before anyone else including the fans, the sheer stubborness and cluelessness running through all of them is staggering, and they actually believe they're doing a good job and seem genuinely puzzled as to why fans are not happy, you couldn't make it up! 

The Day Today | GIFGlobe