Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Dennis Reynolds
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think you needed to switch on your irony meter. 😕

No, I think you do. I thought the wink emoji and statement that I rate him would have made it obvious but I'll try harder next time 🥺

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, LMc said:

No, I think you do. I thought the wink emoji and statement that I rate him would have made it obvious but I'll try harder next time 🥺

I realised that you rated him, as do I. I think it’s a multiple irony failure. 🙂

alwaysthereinspirit
18 hours ago, S Form said:

You’re bang on. People looking for faults are unbelievable. Irving not only crossed for the opener but played a great little pass to Walker to create the opening for the second. Folk criticise him for being ‘slow’ should watch him when he receives the ball - he invariably looks up immediately to see what’s available. Usually there’s very little but, instead of lumping the ball anyway, he keeps hold of it and makes sure we keep possession, which any footballer with half a brain should do.

If we let him go it will be a mistake.

Let him go as in let him go or let him go as in we’d like you to stay and we’ll give you X pounds a week because that’s our budget?

“Thanks but no thanks. I’m just going to go. Thanks for the memories”

Hearts can’t make him stay.

16 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Let him go as in let him go or let him go as in we’d like you to stay and we’ll give you X pounds a week because that’s our budget?

“Thanks but no thanks. I’m just going to go. Thanks for the memories”

Hearts can’t make him stay.

Of course we can’t make him stay, but I’d hope the club isn’t taking the same attitude as some on here - ‘It doesn’t really matter if you stay or go, Andy because, really, you can’t tackle, and there’s this other midfielder in Raith Rovers who’s just as good as you.’

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, S Form said:

Of course we can’t make him stay, but I’d hope the club isn’t taking the same attitude as some on here - ‘It doesn’t really matter if you stay or go, Andy because, really, you can’t tackle, and there’s this other midfielder in Raith Rovers who’s just as good as you.’

I would doubt Hearts are paying much attention to any of our thoughts. And they shouldn’t. Until we as fans know the terms offered we can’t really have an opinion either way. If it comes out he was making 1000 pounds per week and we offered 1100 then he has a gripe. If he is making 1500 pounds and we offered 2500 then he doesn’t. He’s still a kid. If he improves then he possibly could still have 3 or 4 additional contracts still to come. Him and his agent will do what THEY think is right for them. Right now I think Hearts and Scotland are his level. He won’t go to a bigger team in Scotland that’s for sure. Right now he’s not good enough for the English top tier clubs. If it’s just money he’ll make more top English First/ lower Championship. But it’s his decision to make and live with. Good luck to him whatever he decides.

Guest ToqueJambo

If I was Irving I'd be looking at signings like McEneff and Gnando as tailor-made to compliment his strengths. Someone making box to box runs and someone to aim for in the box. I'd be thinking "OK, we're building a team that should be perfect for the way I like to play."

23 hours ago, Jodami said:

Good delivery for the opener today but once again didn't really stand out. There's bits of a good player in there but he is a long way from the finished article. The harsh truth is he will not develop further as a player under the coaching staff at the club and for his own sake he should leave. 

Unfortunately you might be right. Over the last 4 years young players have looked very good when they are first given their chance in the first team but for some reason they get worse and end up on the bench, then dropped or loaned. Can Neilson and his coaching staff help these young talents improve and have them playing to their strengths rather than an unflexible position where you are told to play a certain way.

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If I was Irving I'd be looking at signings like McEneff and Gnando as tailor-made to compliment his strengths. Someone making box to box runs and someone to aim for in the box. I'd be thinking "OK, we're building a team that should be perfect for the way I like to play."

All down to money at the end of the day. A low basic wage is going to scupper any chance of him staying. 

13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Unfortunately you might be right. Over the last 4 years young players have looked very good when they are first given their chance in the first team but for some reason they get worse and end up on the bench, then dropped or loaned. Can Neilson and his coaching staff help these young talents improve and have them playing to their strengths rather than an unflexible position where you are told to play a certain way.

It’s interesting that many on this forum happily write off the career of youngsters like Irving and Cochrane yet never use the same criteria when judging signings like GMS.

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

And we know this how?

Tbf we know this as much as the club offering him pittance story.

11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

All down to money at the end of the day. A low basic wage is going to scupper any chance of him staying. 

I think the wage structure, if the high basic and low bonus structure was correct, needs to change. It would be unfortunate to lose Irving because we’re switching to a lower basic and higher bonus structure but I’d rather see us get policy right than keep hold of any individual player. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Tbf we know this as much as the club offering him pittance story.

Anne made it clear at the beginning of the season how the wage structure was changing. 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Anne made it clear at the beginning of the season how the wage structure was changing. 

That doesn’t mean he’s been offered pittance. 

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

That doesn’t mean he’s been offered pittance. 

Didn't use the word pittance. Did use the word low.

11 minutes ago, RULEOF3 said:

Because 

30 yrs with hmfc and 4 with foh. I also laugh at all the wage structure post . You havent got a clue.

Chill oot man. We’re all pals here. 

1 minute ago, RULEOF3 said:

ffs. Do you sceptical ****ers actually know the Snr mg pay, or coaches, or upkeep, or roofing maintenance, or shop, or cleaning contract, or window cleaning, staff or wages or add ons to keep in us line with HaH

I don’t. Would be good of you to tell me. Always up for learning new stuff. 

Just now, RULEOF3 said:

really

Aye. You’ve just came over all anti and aggressive. Let’s have a nice chat about it rather than a fight. 

16 minutes ago, RULEOF3 said:

ffs. Do you sceptical ****ers actually know the Snr mg pay, or coaches, or upkeep, or roofing maintenance, or shop, or cleaning contract, or window cleaning, staff or wages or add ons to keep in us line with HaH

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, RULEOF3 said:

Because 

30 yrs with hmfc and 4 with foh. I also laugh at all the wage structure post . You havent got a clue.

Holyrood_Hearts
44 minutes ago, RULEOF3 said:

Because 

Didn’t you reply to yourself there? 

36 minutes ago, RULEOF3 said:

Hang on, I know one of these. Window cleaning is £100k per annum.

Diadora Van Basten

Good play by Irving for both goals today and he is joint top with Adam for assists in the league.

Our best midfielder and perfect age, we need to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

gorgieheart
32 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Good play by Irving for both goals today and he is joint top with Adam for assists in the league.

Our best midfielder and perfect age, we need to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

He has an offer,  upto him now

Not in the know but speaking to a guy who claims to be friendly with him having played youth football together. He has no intention of re signing according to the boy. 🤷‍♂️ 

36 minutes ago, droid said:

Not in the know but speaking to a guy who claims to be friendly with him having played youth football together. He has no intention of re signing according to the boy. 🤷‍♂️ 

If that's the case then surely it would already be public knowledge? 

The club to Irving - we want to offer you a new deal.

Irving - I have no intention of signing a new deal.

Ok, bye then.

I'd like him to stay to see how he develops because he can find a pass and is good on the ball.  However the defensive side of his game is weak and he is slow.  These weaknesses are troublesome because it means you have to rebalance the midfield with someone who will do his dirty work for him. I'm not sure if the positive aspects to his game are good enough to warrant building the midfield around him.

So I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't sign a new deal. Despite what some have said I trust the club have made him a sensible offer. If he thinks he can do better elsewhere then wish him luck and adiós Andy.

Glamorgan Jambo

As time passes the likelihood of him signing starts to diminish. A shame if he goes but the facts of the matter will eventually reveal themselves.

What’s absolutely sure is that he’s critical to completing the objectives of this season which is to win the league. I don’t expect to hear anything definitive until that’s sorted.

24 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

I'd like him to stay to see how he develops because he can find a pass and is good on the ball.  However the defensive side of his game is weak and he is slow.  These weaknesses are troublesome because it means you have to rebalance the midfield with someone who will do his dirty work for him. I'm not sure if the positive aspects to his game are good enough to warrant building the midfield around him.

So I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't sign a new deal. Despite what some have said I trust the club have made him a sensible offer. If he thinks he can do better elsewhere then wish him luck and adiós Andy.

This is not a go at your at all mate, but the weaknesses levied against Andy are the Scottishest things in the world.

He does OK defensively, he actually picks up a lot of loose and second balls because he reads the game pretty well.  He challenges for headers and he gets the foot in - you can see it isn't natural but you can also see he isn't weak or a coward.  He's also 20!  Physicality and the dirty stuff can be added and learnt.  Way more so than the things he can already to, which are natural talent.

And that's the thing.  Other nations have players like Andy and they are accommodated because the ball is king.  He keeps the ball, he picks out passes, he can make things happen.  Make a run - Andy's gona hit it 9/10.

Aye, but he's no booted anyone up in the stand!

I know that's not what you're saying, but he's a player who is perhaps a bit subtle if that's the right word, for some.  For me, I just love watching him.  I love how his first touch takes him to space.  I love how he's happy to take the ball a tight situation and have the confidence to play out of it.  I love how he looks to play forward as much as he can (though in our current setup and league opposition, he has to turn back A LOT!).  He's our metronome, and most of our good play, if you go back to its source, you'll see Andy started it.

The whole Barry the Crab thing Scottish fans used to love calling Ferguson.  The guy was an absolutely class footballer.  A dick, yes, but a top player.  So many people just didn't get what he brought to a team.  He was basically too un-Scottish.  We need more players who play like Ferguson and Irving if we want to progress as a footballing nation.  Like John McGinn is an effective player at times, but he's lauded to the hilt mostly because he's Scottish AF - runs aboot, flies in to stuff, with little intelligence, leaving his teammates in trouble - he's much worse defensively than someone like Irving in a way (but has big moments added in to be fair).

Whether he signs or not, well we don't know and prob never will the reason why not if he doesn't.  In my opinion, it'll be a HUGE mistake letting him leave if we've lowballed.  If he just fancies something else, fair enough on all sides.  If we've not looked after him right, or not put an offer in line with what others at the club are getting, I'd be pissed off.  And through it all, I'm not often pissed off at the club.

Hungry hippo

It's looking like he won't extend his deal given time is moving on and very few positive updates. 

I'm disappointed as I really rate the player although I'm not going to slate the club given I don't know what he's been offered.

One thing I would note is that our new wage structure is basically bringing us in line with almost all other clubs. We were very unusual in not using bonuses so this shouldn't be a big factor in the new deal.

53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

This is not a go at your at all mate, but the weaknesses levied against Andy are the Scottishest things in the world.

He does OK defensively, he actually picks up a lot of loose and second balls because he reads the game pretty well.  He challenges for headers and he gets the foot in - you can see it isn't natural but you can also see he isn't weak or a coward.  He's also 20!  Physicality and the dirty stuff can be added and learnt.  Way more so than the things he can already to, which are natural talent.

And that's the thing.  Other nations have players like Andy and they are accommodated because the ball is king.  He keeps the ball, he picks out passes, he can make things happen.  Make a run - Andy's gona hit it 9/10.

Aye, but he's no booted anyone up in the stand!

I know that's not what you're saying, but he's a player who is perhaps a bit subtle if that's the right word, for some.  For me, I just love watching him.  I love how his first touch takes him to space.  I love how he's happy to take the ball a tight situation and have the confidence to play out of it.  I love how he looks to play forward as much as he can (though in our current setup and league opposition, he has to turn back A LOT!).  He's our metronome, and most of our good play, if you go back to its source, you'll see Andy started it.

The whole Barry the Crab thing Scottish fans used to love calling Ferguson.  The guy was an absolutely class footballer.  A dick, yes, but a top player.  So many people just didn't get what he brought to a team.  He was basically too un-Scottish.  We need more players who play like Ferguson and Irving if we want to progress as a footballing nation.  Like John McGinn is an effective player at times, but he's lauded to the hilt mostly because he's Scottish AF - runs aboot, flies in to stuff, with little intelligence, leaving his teammates in trouble - he's much worse defensively than someone like Irving in a way (but has big moments added in to be fair).

Whether he signs or not, well we don't know and prob never will the reason why not if he doesn't.  In my opinion, it'll be a HUGE mistake letting him leave if we've lowballed.  If he just fancies something else, fair enough on all sides.  If we've not looked after him right, or not put an offer in line with what others at the club are getting, I'd be pissed off.  And through it all, I'm not often pissed off at the club.

Post of the week and it's only Monday.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2021 at 11:54, Hungry hippo said:

It's looking like he won't extend his deal given time is moving on and very few positive updates. 

I'm disappointed as I really rate the player although I'm not going to slate the club given I don't know what he's been offered.

One thing I would note is that our new wage structure is basically bringing us in line with almost all other clubs. We were very unusual in not using bonuses so this shouldn't be a big factor in the new deal.

I've heard today that he's off to Germany on a bumper wages too (based on current earnings).

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Can’t control a midfield against Brora , he’s not as good as he thinks he is 

This 

bye son 

SomethingAboutObua

Was a couple of moments on the edge of the Brora box where if he sticks his foot in hard hes won the ball back. Instead it was half hearted toe pokes to let the Brora guys breeze past him. Clearly not interested, even if its down to the poor coaching we need to just leave him out and play someone we can build with for the future. 

Definitely thinks he’s far better than he actually is.

Has some good features but slows the game down too much, particularly when we need to up the tempo like tonight.

Said it before, he’s one of the most overrated players I’ve seen.

Has about one really good game in 10. The other nine come between average and shite.

InternationalJambo

If this guy thinks he has ANY bargaining position over us after that performance then dont let the door hit yer arse  on the way out

Edited by InternationalJambo

Let him go.He might be decent under another manager but no more than that.To me he has only ever been decent but the rest around him have been that shit folk built him up as something else.

alwaysthereinspirit
On 15/03/2021 at 07:57, 4marsbars said:

Post of the week and it's only Monday.

You forgot to write “bull$#!tiest” 

19 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Was a couple of moments on the edge of the Brora box where if he sticks his foot in hard hes won the ball back. Instead it was half hearted toe pokes to let the Brora guys breeze past him. Clearly not interested, even if its down to the poor coaching we need to just leave him out and play someone we can build with for the future. 

This. Could be because he doesn’t want to get injured before leaving but still no excuse. Tell your manager you’re not up for it. We have plenty of players just as $#!te who can play to his level.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, flem said:

His contract offer should be withdrawn after his performance tonight, total primadonna. 

Rip it up under his nose. Offers nothing, 3 world cup passes a season.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )