Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Just like the rest of the team.

That’s a fair point but I think he basically disappeared second half. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

If you disagree it would be helpful if you used words. 

OK -  I respectfully suggest you pay more attention  when we're in possession & trying to move forward. You'll find that Irving is significantly  involved ..... and despite his preference for using his left foot, he still manages to spray decent passes to left & right and supports the attack.

Pretty much the opposite of anonymous, imo.  ☺️

10 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This. Been saying about his 1 footedness since he came into the 1st team. No clue why he refuses to use both feet even for simple passes.

We can do better than Irving.

I'll say it again. If he was right footed, no one would be saying this.

Does it worry anyone else that, at times he tries to play football when he should just get the ball to **** ?

We’re better with him in the team

15 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thought he was pretty poor today. Being so one footed made him very awkward 1st half. 2nd half our midfield disappeared. 

Hearts need way better midfielders that irving. He’s mostly anonymous in the second tier in Scotland. 

I think his one footedness is exaggerated on here. His right foot is certainly not strong but he does use it to pass the ball several times each match. He is no more one footed than Halkett,  Popescu, Kingsley, Halliday, Naismith etc.

Thought that Irving had a pretty good first half. He did fade a bit in the second half.  I’m still hoping that he puts pen to paper here and stays for another couple of seasons. 

If he doesn’t want to stay.....the minute the league is won he should be omitted from the squad and someone brought in who has a future here beyond May.

I hope we can keep him but it’s looking unlikely so, as Irving will no doubt have one eye on next season, we should have one eye on ours.

31 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If he doesn’t want to stay.....the minute the league is won he should be omitted from the squad and someone brought in who has a future here beyond May.

I hope we can keep him but it’s looking unlikely so, as Irving will no doubt have one eye on next season, we should have one eye on ours.

Great sensible post, as soon as the league is mathematically won I'd play a team which consists of 5 or 6 kids, maybe get them 5 games experience to see what they have 

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

You reckon? Or you going down the whole left footers banter thing?

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, HoGwash said:

I think his one footedness is exaggerated on here. His right foot is certainly not strong but he does use it to pass the ball several times each match. He is no more one footed than Halkett,  Popescu, Kingsley, Halliday, Naismith etc.

You genuinely need to watch for his misplaced passes where he uses his left when it appears an easy right footed ball could be delivered,I'm not talking 60 yard cross fielders,just 10 yarders that he misplaces as he doesnt seem to want to use his wrong foot.

alwaysthereinspirit

He has potential. Doubt we’ll break the bank to sign him. I just wonder what his agent is telling him. Right now other than for more money he’s not going to a bigger club than Hearts. Doesn’t have a resume that’ll have any top English championship teams tripping over themselves. A couple of more years at Tynecastle is probably the best option. But what do we know. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

True. Always seems to be the lefties who get picked on. If he does more creative stuff with his good foot than other players do with either of their feet who cares how one-footed he is? Favouring one foot has never been a barrier to becoming a great player.

Don't know if it's been covered on here but Aberdeen have allegedly put a pre contract offer to him. He want to stay but want assurances that our style of football will change.

Source is facebook/twitter so make if that what you will.

Fluorescent Adolescent
9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He want to stay but want assurances that our style of football will change.

:rofl:

13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Don't know if it's been covered on here but Aberdeen have allegedly put a pre contract offer to him. He want to stay but want assurances that our style of football will change.

Doesn’t sound right to me. If any 20 year old player thinks he can dictate to the club how we should play then he’d be as well leaving. I can see why he’d want to join Aberdeen with their unique brand of free flowing attacking football though. 

Japan Jambo
24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Would be grateful for that myself...

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You reckon? Or you going down the whole left footers banter thing?

Not bants. If Irving was right footed and as righted footed as he is left, no one would mention it.

Should he use his weak foot more? Probably. Is he any different to 90% of professionals in that respect? Nope.

Never heard Naismith being called one footed. I'd bet his touches will be as dominated by his good side as Andy's

I fear for Irving as I see him making mistakes when faced with better players. I also note that he can’t tackle a fish supper which again is a quality needed at the higher level. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

It’s from wearescotland on twitter. A known slaver. Absolute nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

So do thousands of other Hearts supporters.  :wink:

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Sounds like a right load of bull...t to me.

54 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

So do thousands of other Hearts supporters.  :wink:

I believe it is only a tiny minority according to the JKB massive.😄

5 hours ago, Rods said:

I fear for Irving as I see him making mistakes when faced with better players. I also note that he can’t tackle a fish supper which again is a quality needed at the higher level. 

The foul he won in the first half when a failed pass went towards him was good . He has a good football brain but like you mentioned needs to work on the tackling .

wattie exploited

am  sure if Aberdeen where after him it would be in the main press so I think this is a lot of shit :rifle:

Fluorescent Adolescent
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Sounds like a right load of bull...t to me.

You think????

Kirky Jambo
14 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Does it worry anyone else that, at times he tries to play football when he should just get the ball to **** ?

We’re better with him in the team

There was one moment in the first half he dribbled about with it in his own box and my heart was in my mouth. Sandison was saying it was brilliant but I thought he got away with it tbh, maybe being harsh though.

He also gave away a goal v Arbroath trying to take it down in his own box. Others like Smith, Halkett and Popescu have been just as culpable at times tbh

It’s all down  to the risable offer we have made to the boy, apparently there has been no second offer from Hearts, and Irving does have options, Germany I’m told. 
im told he wants to stay at Tynecastle, it’s worth pointing out Andy Irving has been at Hearts since he was 9 year old, a true academy graduate 

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

It’s all down  to the risable offer we have made to the boy, apparently there has been no second offer from Hearts, and Irving does have options, Germany I’m told. 
im told he wants to stay at Tynecastle, it’s worth pointing out Andy Irving has been at Hearts since he was 9 year old, a true academy graduate 

What have we offered him?

Edited by JamboAl

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Can you remind us again how much we offered. I forget the exact details. Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, jbee647 said:

A poor offer...

Which was?

Surely you can't criticise the offer if you have no idea what it was.

Not folk kidding on they know what Irving was offered again. If you know what he was offered then name the source. Muddled information from all over the place on this. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not folk kidding on they know what Irving was offered again. If you know what he was offered then name the source. Muddled information from all over the place on this. 

With one like this, need to remember the kid is a local.

Not outlandish to think a family member (he has a younger brother for example) could mention confidentially to a pal, who mentions confidentially to a pal.  Nowt sinister, but all very possible.  You don't need to mentioned numbers or specifics to say "his brother/mate/dad/neighbour told me the offer was a joke" etc.

Of course, you also have chinese whispers, whereby "It wasn't quite what he wanted".... "he's been offered a pittance".... "they spat in his face and called his mum a grunter".... "he's signing for Bayern"

Who knows, but people on this type of deal having a bit of goss isn't outlandish is all I'm saying.

While I'm here.  Just get it done, Hearts.  I have absolutely no doubt he isn't asking the world.  My concern is he isn't being offered parity with the likes of maybe Halliday and he's every bit as important and from a longterm value point of view, a helluva lot moreso.

KyleLafferty

Same Old shite being peddled. Poor offer, hearts haven’t offered a 2nd one, Irving doesn’t like the style of play, Clubs in Germany blah blah blah. PISH

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

With one like this, need to remember the kid is a local.

Not outlandish to think a family member (he has a younger brother for example) could mention confidentially to a pal, who mentions confidentially to a pal.  Nowt sinister, but all very possible.  You don't need to mentioned numbers or specifics to say "his brother/mate/dad/neighbour told me the offer was a joke" etc.

Of course, you also have chinese whispers, whereby "It wasn't quite what he wanted".... "he's been offered a pittance".... "they spat in his face and called his mum a grunter".... "he's signing for Bayern"

Who knows, but people on this type of deal having a bit of goss isn't outlandish is all I'm saying.

While I'm here.  Just get it done, Hearts.  I have absolutely no doubt he isn't asking the world.  My concern is he isn't being offered parity with the likes of maybe Halliday and he's every bit as important and from a longterm value point of view, a helluva lot moreso.

Yeah you're right, I'm just a bit miffed by it all. There's a fair bit of information about on this deal (not just on here), much of it contradictory. 

I really do rate him and want him to stay. I think in a couple of years he could be the quality of player we wouldn't have a hope of signing.

In saying that if he's holding the club to ransom..blah, blah, blah.

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah you're right, I'm just a bit miffed by it all. There's a fair bit of information about on this deal (not just on here), much of it contradictory. 

I really do rate him and want him to stay. I think in a couple of years he could be the quality of player we wouldn't have a hope of signing.

In saying that if he's holding the club to ransom..blah, blah, blah.

Aye totally.  It just doesn't feel to me, not knowing the lad right enough, but certainly having an idea of what he's like and some people who do know him, well it'd be surprising if he was holding the club to ransom.

I think there has been an issue going back a while of us not valuing youngsters in the way we do an absolute shedtonne of expensive nomarks.  We need to put faith in our youth, get deals done earlier and with good benefits.  Yeah you'll sometimes miss and end up with Jamie Mole, but done properly, what you end up with is Irving not with 3 months to go on a deal, Paterson, Nicholson, Walker...

Happens at all clubs - Aberdeen didn't want to lose Jack or Wright to Rangers - but I want us to be better in this respect.

Irving should have been given an upgrade and extension about a year ago, even til 2022, and at this moment, we should be looking to extend that deal further.

Joe Savage must be looking at all this sort of stuff, so hopefully we see better planning from now.

11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Same Old shite being peddled. Poor offer, hearts haven’t offered a 2nd one, Irving doesn’t like the style of play, Clubs in Germany blah blah blah. PISH

The style of play thing could have legs.  This is with zero ITK, just batting the ball about.

He's definitely a different kind of midfielder to what Scotland would generally produce.  Someone perhaps more suited to a more controlled type of football.  The way we set up on Saturday should suit him, but the fact is that deep midfielder, where in some cultures he's the quarterback, in ours he's there primarily to pick up second balls from launches on top of your CHs a lot of the time.  Andy is getting better at that, mind you.

He may have got it in his head that a move to the likes of Germany or Holland would suit his longer term career a bit better.  If that's the case, not much we can do in a way.  Well, other than show real faith in the lad and show him a path with us.  If he still prefers overseas, I guess fair play.

23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

"they spat in his face and called his mum a grunter".... "he's signing for Bayern"

Good post and...the above quote made me chuckle. More of this please 😁

I think his vision and passing ability is something you can build a team around. Gordon, Irving, Walker and Boyce is certainly a nucleus of a team right down the centre. I think we can probably find a better ball winner than Halliday, Haring's not been able to get match fit again via the reserve league, so arguably we may already have one who is just off the pace still.

I'd be really annoyed if we didn't manage to keep him. Most clubs manage to retain their youngsters for one contract cycle before having to sell, so if we couldn't even make it to that with AI then thats hugely disappointing from the club, especially considering he is very much a sellable asset that is only going to improve (thinking his defensive side which has been getting better for example). 

57 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

This

If someone doesn't know what he's been offered, or even what he's asking for, their post is well described by your last word.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I think his vision and passing ability is something you can build a team around. Gordon, Irving, Walker and Boyce is certainly a nucleus of a team right down the centre. I think we can probably find a better ball winner than Halliday, Haring's not been able to get match fit again via the reserve league, so arguably we may already have one who is just off the pace still.

I'd be really annoyed if we didn't manage to keep him. Most clubs manage to retain their youngsters for one contract cycle before having to sell, so if we couldn't even make it to that with AI then thats hugely disappointing from the club, especially considering he is very much a sellable asset that is only going to improve (thinking his defensive side which has been getting better for example). 

Yup a bit of luck with injury fitness and assuming players can recapture what we know they were capable of, we have the following 

Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Souttar, Haring, Irving, Walker, Boyce.  That's 8 players of the right standard imo.

You add GMS, Gino (fingers crossed), Naismith, Gnando, McEneff who without doubt have a part to play and then Halkett, who I'm not as down on as most, and you just never know about the likes of even Roberts or some of the kids who might make impact here and there.

The squad isn't in a bad place in any way shape or form. 

Add maybe some pace (and if Gino gets back and signs, we have that) and probably a CH and we're a right good team.  They need to play with intensity.  That is the main thing, way above shapes and formations and all that - play with fire and desire and that team blows away 90% of the top division and has a right go at the other 10%.  Can that type of less considered approach be harnessed?????  Thats the question, right?

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Vansen said:

Good post and...the above quote made me chuckle. More of this please 😁

Can’t believe you thought it funny that Hearts would call his Mum names. He’ll never sign now and who could blame him.

🤪

wattie exploited
9 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Can’t believe you thought it funny that Hearts would call his Mum names. He’ll never sign now and who could blame him.

🤪

surely a wind up :rifle:

wattie exploited

another week and still nothing I think he should tell hearts if he is going to sign or not so Hearts can look for another midfield player if he is leaving its getting a bit of a joke now :rifle:

So Make Some Noise..

Irving's been decent this year but please bear in mind we're in the championship at a time when most teams are at their worst. I'd be disappointed if he left however if he's pushing his luck on the contract, I'd also be disappointed if we threw the boat out. He could still turn out to be a Jamie Mole.

Captain Canada

Time for both parties to move on I think. There's no real difference to the side whether he's in it or not. 

The increased pace and physicality of the top flight won't help him next season either. 

He's definitely talented but still got a lot to work on. I think playing abroad would suit him better. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )