Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

46 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

what a difference a few months makes from the young guy being out standing to now being very poor the last month !

really cant see him staying now !!!!!!!!! :rifle:

Wouldn’t want him to stay. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Sub4TiddlerMurray
30 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Swans around the pitch with his head up his backside. Doesn’t track his runners (see Brora first goal). Doesn’t want to use his right foot (O.G last week). Pathetic performance today.

Stick him in the stand. Don’t want to be here then **** off.

He's 19 years old FFS. Just a kid.

With the right support he will be a top top player IMO. He should never have been left on his own at the base of the midfield diamond because under pressure he will make mistakes. Fair play to RN today, he changed the team shape to put Haring, an experienced pro, alongside him. That's what he has needed. But his confidence has been dented and it'll take a few weeks to get him playing with confidence again. When that happens he will shine.

But, hey, you fire in and trash the kid if it makes you feel better.

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

The most over rated Hearts player in a very long time. 

He should be an absolute standout week in week out at this level if he wants to go onto bigger and better things in his career. He should be pushing the team forward and leading by example with desire and energy. 

An instantly forgettable player. 

Correct. Pretty sure better players have disappeared without a trace.

Why are people now having a go at Irving? He's a young player that's lost confidence playing in a team full of imposters. Who's building his confidence? Who's helping him? If anyone thinks he has no ability, they should stop watching football. Daniel Stendel recognised his ability and he thrived. Stick him on a team full of shirkers and lo and behold he looks average. Robbie Neilson is the coach and is meant to improve players. Another reason why he needs to go.

18Jambo_dave74
29 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

With the right support he will be a top top player IMO. He should never have been left on his own at the base of the midfield diamond because under pressure he will make mistakes. Fair play to RN today, he changed the team shape to put Haring, an experienced pro, alongside him. That's what he has needed. But his confidence has been dented and it'll take a few weeks to get him playing with confidence again. When that happens he will shine.

He’s got plenty talent but I’m giving an honest opinion of his recent performances - which have been crap. As you say we put Haring beside him today and he performed no better.

I’m also giving examples of how his poor play is costing us goals.

I’m sick of watching these underperforming cowards. He’s young (21 next month by the way - not 19) but I don’t see why he should get any special treatment. If he doesn’t want to be here then I don’t want him in the team - that goes for any player.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

He’s got plenty talent but I’m giving an honest opinion of his recent performances - which have been crap. As you say we put Haring beside him today and he performed no better.

I’m also giving examples of how his poor play is costing us goals.

I’m sick of watching these underperforming cowards. He’s young (21 next month by the way - not 19) but I don’t see why he should get any special treatment. If he doesn’t want to be here then I don’t want him in the team - that goes for any player.

Fair play, he's 20, but still a kid needing experienced pros alongside him.

And, it's true, he has been crap recently. But we have seen just how good he can be .....and that needs nurtured.

I believe he does want to be here, he just thinks he's worth more than he's been offered. And, I don't believe the club at this stage has offered him a compelling contract (none of us have any evidence to back that up TBF).

18Jambo_dave74
4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

And, it's true, he has been crap recently. But we have seen just how good he can be .....and that needs nurtured.

I believe he does want to be here, he just thinks he's worth more than he's been offered. And, I don't believe the club at this stage has offered him a compelling contract (none of us have any evidence to back that up TBF).

Thats fair enough. 

He’a a good player and I think he has a lot of talent but at the same time I think he has been overhyped and I think there are some important parts of his game that need serious work. 

As I say I’ve had enough of this group of players with the exception of a couple. If he isn’t going to sign a new deal and isn’t playing well then he shouldn’t be in the team IMO. 

Take him out the team and immediately we have more pace. He slows everything down by playing the easy pass side or back because opposition make him play with his non existent right foot. Great vision and passing with left foot, but a man short now that Every team know his right foot is only for standing on. 

56 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

With the right support he will be a top top player IMO. He should never have been left on his own at the base of the midfield diamond because under pressure he will make mistakes. Fair play to RN today, he changed the team shape to put Haring, an experienced pro, alongside him. That's what he has needed. But his confidence has been dented and it'll take a new manager to get him playing with confidence again. When that happens he will shine.

Fixed that for you👍

colinmaroon

You can't play with Haring and Irving in the holding positions.  Both stroll through a game.  If I choose one it's Haring because he can tackle (I also think he's getting there - still a bit to go but ha can pass AND fight for the ball).

Irving should have been tried further forward if he is in the team but I lost count of the number of times today he gave up the ball with hardly any effort from the opposition players and his stupid tackle near the end on the edge of the box, because he'd been beaten again, could have cost us.

And I'm sorry but we must have better than Henderson somewhere among the youth - we've got rid of better than Henderson.  He must be showing in the bounce and youth games and possibly training but he's just not ready.

Edited by colinmaroon

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Would having seasoned pros around him improve his

speed?

Right foot?

Hustle?

Tackling?

Heading?

As you said though without knowing his demand and the counter offer it’s hard to say much contract wise. But he’s so far from being a game winner or a midfield dynamo running games. 

I’ve said before, Hearts may be the biggest club he plays for.

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

You can't play with Haring and Irving in the holding positions.  Both stroll through a game.  If I choose one it's Haring because he can tackle (I also think he's getting there - still a bit to go but ha can pass AND fight for the ball).

Irving should have been tried further forward if he is in the team but I lost count of the number of times today he gave up the ball with hardly any effort from the opposition players and his stupid tackle near the end on the edge of the box, because he'd been beaten again, could have cost us.

And I'm sorry but we must have better than Henderson somewhere among the youth - we've got rid of better than Henderson.  He must be showing in the bounce and youth games and possibly training but he's just not ready.

watched the game on a dodgy stream. at one point in first half, the ball was out of play, haring was shouting advice to henderson who turned and looked the other way.  Would keep Haring, he keeps things simple and gives the team more balance

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

watched the game on a dodgy stream. at one point in first half, the ball was out of play, haring was shouting advice to henderson who turned and looked the other way.  Would keep Haring, he keeps things simple and gives the team more balance

Bloody hell, not somebody else shouting at Hendo. I'll forever remember it as the Hendo Hendo Hendo game. 

Unfortunately, we can just add Andy to the never ending list of players that Robbie Neilson has no idea about how to use to get the best out of. Thank **** we sold Hickey when we did as his value would have no doubt been slashed under this balloon. 

Can anyone point to a player that he’s improved in any way? 

David McCaig
10 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

He's actually 21 next month!!

11 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I think (like all the players) he's suffering from horrific management and coaching. He'll never be a 'top top player' though imo.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

He's actually 21 next month!!

....already acknowledged above. 

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

Holyrood_Hearts

Some of the comments here are unreal. He’s a 19 y/o laddie ffs. Embarrassing 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Some of the comments here are unreal. He’s a 19 y/o laddie ffs. Embarrassing 

he’s not 19, he’s 21 shortly.  And his effort levels have been abysmal. You bring it on yourself when you stroll about doing **** all

Ford Prentice

The problem is all teams know if they stop Irving they stop Hearts. He's all we've got in midfield. Dunfermline got Declan MacManus to man mark him, he was like his shadow and commentators named him man of the match. Asking a 20 year old to carry the team is not on, not surprised he's off.

6 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Can anyone point to a player that he’s improved in any way? 

Aidy White was already terrible and now he’s very terrible. Does that count?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’m at a loss to know what to do about Irving.

When I’ve seen him look good, there’s definite talent there.

When I’ve seen him look poor, I’d release him tomorrow.

But never forget that he’s being coached (if you can even call it that) by the human equivalent of a paving slab. Neilson will be ruining him, for sure.

Clerry Jambo

Is there much interest in him, Aberdeen was one I read. Would have expected him to have signed a pre contract with someone if lots of interest?

Maybe wants to stay but not happy with the style of play. Has certainly gone off form.  I preferred lee. Thought he had a football brain and could pass the ball. Maybe a bit slow. But I dont recall willie hamilton being blessed with pace

No Idle Talk

I have resigned myself to him leaving at the end of the season. It's really disappointing. 

A young Edinburgh born lad who is both a Jambo and a talented player. He is exactly the kind of guy that Hearts should not be letting slip through their fingers. 

TyphoonJambo
20 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I red in the paper today that he's in no hurry to sing

As in karaoke?

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But never forget that he’s being coached (if you can even call it that) by the human equivalent of a paving slab. Neilson will be ruining him, for sure.

I think this is the case with most of us - he does divide opinion.

I'm not sure about the coaching part.  He is a naturally instinctive player and that type of player does not respond to coaching from lesser mortals as the majority of players do.

What I would say is that he can improve himself by practising, practising and more practising with his right foot.

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think this is the case with most of us - he does divide opinion.I'm not sure about the coaching part.  He is a naturally instinctive player and that type of player does not respond to coaching from lesser mortals as the , practising and more practising with his right foot.

This 100%. I’ve stated on other threads about his right foot. He actively avoids using it - which means slowing down play and passing back by the time he’s adjusted himself. 

Batistuta87

He's been so utterly mince lately that I honestly couldn't care less if he leaves at the end of the season. He's got some good qualities but if he's also got this utter shite in him then I'm sort of glad he hasn't signed. Lifelong jambo, season ticket holder as a kid, living the dream etc, but is putting in so little effort? His attitude stinks. 

.... And on that basis he'll be very lucky to get any other offers - never mind a better one. Honestly every single player whose head has gone down, who isn't trying, needs to get to ****. And so does Robbie etc. 

Where's the reset button? 

Edited by Batistuta87

5 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

I red in the paper today that he's in no hurry to sing

Matthew kelly will sort him out. 

stars1.jpg

Edited by HMFC01

Irving isn't a game changer. He's not someone who we'd miss. He's done absolutely nothing in a maroon jersey, so if he leaves then who really gives a ****? Another player in the current squad who's easily replaced.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think he's pish, personally and has only got so many games because the other options have been just as pish.

alwaysthereinspirit
9 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Do you seriously believe ANY coach at Hearts has ever told Irving not to

Hustle

Tackle

Track Back

Move

Run

Demand the ball

Or any other aspects of football that he could do on his own without having to be instructed or coached into him?

There are certain things in football that are coachable. There are certain things in football that shouldn’t require coaching. Irving has a few of them mixed up if he ever tries to use that as an excuse for his poor showing most of this season. He’s been so inconsistent all season.

alwaysthereinspirit
8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I have resigned myself to him leaving at the end of the season. It's really disappointing. 

A young Edinburgh born lad who is both a Jambo and a talented player. He is exactly the kind of guy that Hearts should not be letting slip through their fingers. 

Is there a maximum money amount that we should be allowed to open the fingers and allow him to slip through?

Without contract numbers available I would say we don’t know.

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Is there a maximum money amount that we should be allowed to open the fingers and allow him to slip through?

Without contract numbers available I would say we don’t know.

Of course there is.

If he does leave then I hope the real reason for his departure will come out in the wash.

Holyrood_Hearts
19 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s not 19, he’s 21 shortly.  And his effort levels have been abysmal. You bring it on yourself when you stroll about doing **** all

Fair point thanks for pointing that out. 

In his defence I don’t think we use him properly. Neilson’s obsessed with having him in the holding role but IMO he’d more influential in an advanced role. 

Given his contract situation though it’s looking like he’s out the door anyway 

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Hustle

Tackle

Track Back

Move

Run

Demand the ball

Or any other aspects of football that he could do on his own without having to be instructed or coached into him?

There are certain things in football that are coachable. There are certain things in football that shouldn’t require coaching. Irving has a few of them mixed up if he ever tries to use that as an excuse for his poor showing most of this season. He’s been so inconsistent all season.

Makes it even stranger why we let Lee go out on loan. 

Jean Louis Valois

I'd still like him to stay. Be interesting to see him play under a different manager, not in the poisonous atmosphere that the squad seem to be in just now.

6 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Hustle

Tackle

Track Back

Move

Run

Demand the ball

When McEneff first came his instinct was to get forward and try and score, now with the “excellent” coaching from Neilson and his muppets, he’s great at passing backwards. It’s obvious that RN and his group want safety first.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

When McEneff first came his instinct was to get forward and try and score, now with the “excellent” coaching from Neilson and his muppets, he’s great at passing backwards. It’s obvious that RN and his group want safety first.

Kingsley the same. Barely gets over the half way line now. 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Kingsley the same. Barely gets over the half way line now. 

Agree. This is exactly what’s wrong at the club, boring safety first feeble attacking style of RN. Personally I wouldn’t like to be in his shoes when crowds are allowed back in. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Makes it even stranger why we let Lee go out on loan. 

It's not. 

Lee and Wighton were allowed to leave as they knew they'd be gone at the end of the season. 

The last thing we need now is another 2 players with their heads elsewhere. 

Shame as I think Lee was decent, even in the top flight for us.. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )