Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Fair enough. Maybe folk would take you more seriously if they knew.

Nope I’m concerned right now about what’s going on. There’s a lot wrong with the club. But where I differ from you is that I realise the rot set in a long time ago. The blame doesn’t solely lie at Robbie’s door. 

The arsehole plane brigade

Levein

Budge

Cathro 

McPhee

Stendel 

Robbie.

And about 40 odd players that failed the club miserably. All have contributed to 6 years of shit.

Not disagreeing with most of that list and ultimately the buck stops with the owner, although I dread to think what state we'd be in without her financaily speaking. Either completely dead or in Dundee Utd or Dundee heading for oblivion after massive overspending type trouble.

However, with that last name is winning the championship with Hibs and Rangers in it at a canter, then 3rd in his first season as a top league manager, then challenging for second when he left, then currently winning albeit a much worse championship at less of a canter (more a steady trot), with a thrilling Cup Final performance and against the odds derby win thrown in, really "rot"? Really? Really, truly?

The genuine rot started when he left with a series of poor manager appointments. Until then we were well on our way back after a near death experience.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not disagreeing with most of that list and ultimately the buck stops with the owner, although I dread to think what state we'd be in without her financaily speaking. Either completely dead or in Dundee Utd or Dundee heading for oblivion after massive overspending type trouble.

However, with that last name is winning the championship with Hibs and Rangers in it at a canter, then 3rd in his first season as a top league manager, then challenging for second when he left, then currently winning albeit a much worse championship at less of a canter (more a steady trot), with a thrilling Cup Final performance and against the odds derby win thrown in, really "rot"? Really? Really, truly?

The genuine rot started when he left with a series of poor manager appointments. Until then we were well on our way back after a near death experience.

No. Robbie the first time round is the last time most Hearts fans actually enjoyed a season. 

Robbie this time round currently has the support split. (And I mean the normal supporters not the plane hiring ones). He’s responsible for bringing in a host of poor signings and has overseen some awful performances and some very embarrassing defeats. He still can’t seem to come up with a game plan to break teams down. He’s also seems to be giving zero youth a chance. We will win the league but we will be back at square one next season. 

I can probably forgive all of that but the worst thing of all is he plays Andy ****ing Halliday. EVERY. GAME.

He is now partly to blame for the disconnect between the team and supporters. He still has the chance to change it though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Robbie this time round currently has the support split.

As posted elsewhere, that's not my personal real-life experience. Most folk I know had low expectations and just want this season over and us promoted without the SPFL screwing us over again. A month ago we were enjoying 4 and 5 goal wins. Every Hearts team every season goes through a poor period, usually when we lose more games than we are now.

I said on another thread some people have made up their minds about Neilson and didn't like him even when we were doing well under him. Another manager coming in in these circumstances and winning the league comfortably, plus the derby and cup final performances, would be getting way more benefit of the doubt and support online than Robbie is getting. 

He seems to be judged by very different criteria.

Edited by ToqueJambo

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As posted elsewhere, that's not my personal real-life experience. Most folk I know had low expectations and just want this season over and us promoted without the SPFL screwing us over again. A month ago we were enjoying 4 and 5 goal wins. Every Hearts team every season goes through a poor period, usually when we lose more games than we are now.

I said on another thread some people have made up their minds about Neilson and didn't like him even when we were doing well under him. Another manager coming in in these circumstances and winning the league comfortably, plus the derby and cup final performances, would be getting way more benefit of the doubt and support online than Robbie is getting. 

That’s fair enough. Most of my friends and family are jambos. It’s definitely a mixed bag.

I was a big fan of Robbie last time around and was happy when he got the job second time around. I just don’t see what he’s trying to do this time though. Recruitment, team selection, style of play. It’s dull, predictable and won’t be good enough next year. 

Anyway this is an Irvine thread so we should prob leave it there.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 26/02/2021 at 21:46, Sooperstar said:

Suspect his contact situation is influencing things.

This is my take.

I think we are already getting players ready for next season and wanted to give game time to McEneff.

Someone needed to drop down to the bench so the player not contracted for next season makes way.   

SpruceBringsteen

If he wants to stay, good. Good player. I like him.

If he wants to bolt to Port Vale or Stevenage, good luck to his career.

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

If he wants to stay, good. Good player. I like him.

If he wants to bolt to Port Vale or Stevenage, good luck to his career.

Same. He's not close to being the finished article like Hickey pretty much was. If he can't see the opportunity in front of him here, fine.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Some of the recent “Robbie Out” posters aren’t even Hearts fans. Some are better than others at hiding it. You can usually read between the lines with them. Their inane ramblings are sometimes funny. Tripping over each other to be more outraged by what is happening to “Their” great club. They spend more time on here than their own club board. No thanks.

HHGH

9 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Some of the recent “Robbie Out” posters aren’t even Hearts fans. Some are better than others at hiding it. You can usually read between the lines with them. Their inane ramblings are sometimes funny. Tripping over each other to be more outraged by what is happening to “Their” great club. They spend more time on here than their own club board. No thanks.

HHGH

That's nice so what am i then?. 

alwaysthereinspirit
46 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same. He's not close to being the finished article like Hickey pretty much was. If he can't see the opportunity in front of him here, fine.

I get the money thing if he leaves for some lower championship/division 1 lower level team. That’s assuming he’s going somewhere for way more than Hearts  are offering. But if money is all that matters this early in his career then good luck to him. He’s not close to being at a level were he’ll make a difference to a team in either of those two divisions. I hope he stays if only to improve with us that we can sell him later as a more complete player. We all know we’re a selling club. We need to do it more consistently.

ooh-aah-cantona
On 26/02/2021 at 20:42, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye so he has, he's was dominating midfields last season, Scottish Premiership midfields. 

I like Andy Irving as a player

It might be me - as I've tried to wipe last seasons generally woeful performances from the memory - but I'd appreciate if you could list the game(s) in which Irving dominated the opposition midfield in the 2019/20 SPFL Premiership season. 

I certainly don't remember walking away from games last season thinking that.

On 27/02/2021 at 21:27, ooh-aah-cantona said:

I like Andy Irving as a player

It might be me - as I've tried to wipe last seasons generally woeful performances from the memory - but I'd appreciate if you could list the game(s) in which Irving dominated the opposition midfield in the 2019/20 SPFL Premiership season. 

I certainly don't remember walking away from games last season thinking that.

Aye i bet we thought the same about Josh Doig who just signed a new contract until 2025 at Hibs, with Celtic, Man City and a host of other clubs interested in him. 

Do keep up the good work Hearts 😂 😂

Continue to let other clubs show you how to develop players, and get them playing 😂 like Holt, Robinson, Paton,and even more 😂😂

I'm not to fussed about Irving, he seems to be getting slower and less mobile by the game, he will never be out with a busted gut that's for sure.

4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye i bet we thought the same about Josh Doig who just signed a new contract until 2025 at Hibs, with Celtic, Man City and a host of other clubs interested in him. 

Continue to let other clubs show you how to develop players, and get them playing 😂 like Holt, Robinson, Paton,and even more 😂😂

Holding up Holt and Robinson as players who have flourished after leaving us is just desperate. Holt done alright for Rangers in the lower leagues and didn't play much once they were back in the Prem. Now, many years after leaving us, he is doing fairly well at Livi. 

Robinson flopped at several clubs after leaving us and is now having a good season for Livi, many years after leaving us.

Irving is a good player, he had some really good games last season but he also had some really shite ones. He's young, so you'd expect that. He has been one of our better midfielders this season, no doubt. But because of the situation with his contract and him not getting a regular start he is being built up by some to be some kind of superstar, which he plainly isn't. I'd be disappointed to see him leave, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Reminds me of when Gareth Barry got injured ahead the World Cup in 2010 for England and all of a sudden they were missing the best player in the world and they key man in their team. It was a travesty. But in reality, they were just missing Gareth Barry.

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Holt and Robinson are pish mate and you continually using them as examples is not putting up a good argument. 
Andy Irving is a decent player at this stage of his career. Nothing more. He does some good things and some bad things in games. He is yet another midfielder who looks extremely slow and takes an age to move the ball on at times which needs to improve. 
Do I want him to stay? Yes I do. But he will quickly be forgotten about if he does leave. 

Edited by Billy Hoyle

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How do you fit two young players into one position? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Irving is absolutely hopeless going back the way. 

Makes him a luxury player, we are not really a team that can afford luxury. 

Total overhaul of midfield required, bin them all, bar McEneff of course, a step in the right direction, for this long existing problem. 

Neilson and Savage to an extent have identified this but yet choose to play Halliday over Haring is baffling to me, unless Haring has lost it completely. 

Comparing Halliday and Irving is pointless, two different players for different jobs. 

One is ineffective going forwards the other a liability defensively. 

McEneff on the other hand seems to have an understanding of both, we need more of that versatility. Haring had it, which makes it surprising, disappointing, frustrating he is not playing. 

Would like to know the reason. Neilson mentioned he was too defensive, poor excuse considering the limits of Halliday. 

Irving as nice a player as he can be, really has a lot to work on to be a complete midfielder. Suspect we don't have the time to make that happen. 

Get someone else 

ooh-aah-cantona
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thanks for going off in a tangent there.

Can you tell me these games in which Irving dominated the opposition midfield last season please?

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Holding up Holt and Robinson as players who have flourished after leaving us is just desperate. Holt done alright for Rangers in the lower leagues and didn't play much once they were back in the Prem. Now, many years after leaving us, he is doing fairly well at Livi. 

Robinson flopped at several clubs after leaving us and is now having a good season for Livi, many years after leaving us.

Irving is a good player, he had some really good games last season but he also had some really shite ones. He's young, so you'd expect that. He has been one of our better midfielders this season, no doubt. But because of the situation with his contract and him not getting a regular start he is being built up by some to be some kind of superstar, which he plainly isn't. I'd be disappointed to see him leave, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Reminds me of when Gareth Barry got injured ahead the World Cup in 2010 for England and all of a sudden they were missing the best player in the world and they key man in their team. It was a travesty. But in reality, they were just missing Gareth Barry.

Excellent post, beautifully put and I remember the Barry horror..... Off topic I'd like to see McGill in for Halliday. Not a gamble in my opinion. 

15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's called bias!

4 hours ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

Can you tell me these games in which Irving dominated the opposition midfield last season please?

Good luck with this.  I predict 4 emojis in his response. 

13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's nice so what am i then?. 

Tbf there’s lot of fans criticising Neilson and Budge right now and they’re fully justified to do that with the appalling form and regression over the last few years.

You however I wouldn’t call a hearts fan. You support Stendel over the club and it’s just weird. You continuously wax lyrical about how Stendel hasn’t lost to clubs in the championship, despite him never managing in that league but contributing to our relegation there. 

I also don’t understand fans who think it’s as simple as making an offer and a player will sign. Irving might have always wanted to move on and if it’s clear that his head has been turned then I agree with him not playing. He’s a good player with plenty of potential however comments like ‘we should be making him our highest earner’ are stupid as he’s nowhere near the finished article. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, WageThief said:

Good luck with this.  I predict 4 emojis in his response. 

And a comment praising Stendel. 

Malinga the Swinga
12 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What has Hibs extending contract got to do with us. Carry on embarrassing yourself with ridiculous posts on Stendel and Irving. 

8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Aye Livingston playing in a league above us and these players playing for them means nothing, your right mate 👍

7 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Holt and Robinson are pish mate and you continually using them as examples is not putting up a good argument. 
Andy Irving is a decent player at this stage of his career. Nothing more. He does some good things and some bad things in games. He is yet another midfielder who looks extremely slow and takes an age to move the ball on at times which needs to improve. 
Do I want him to stay? Yes I do. But he will quickly be forgotten about if he does leave. 

Livingston 5th in the Scottish Premiership, Hearts are in what league respect 🤔 levels 👍

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

How do you fit two young players into one position? 

Do rangers not have two players for every position at their club?, would it of bankrupt the club to extend doigs contract 😂, no a decision was made he wasn't good enough 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye Livingston playing in a league above us and these players playing for them means nothing, your right mate 👍

It means we are not playing in the top league.  If we'd been relegated after putting Conor Sammon out on loan, he also would've been playing in the league above us.  It wouldn't change the fact he was shite.

7 hours ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

Thanks for going off in a tangent there.

Certainly. in the game against Rangers in December we got beat 5-0 away from home. 

We lined up in a 532 formation with a midfield three of, Walker, Bozanic, Whelan, experienced players but unfortunately got the run around from Davis, Kamara, Aribo, and Arfield playing just of Fredo with Kent playing as a roaming winger 👍

Hearts had 32%possession compared to Rangers 68% possession. 

Hearts pass accuracy was 63% compared to Rangers 84%.

Highlights of the game below 

Now fast forward a month Hearts play Rangers at Tynecastle. 

Rangers line up in 433, with a midfield three of Kamara, Jack, Davis, and Aribo dropping in to help out, to try dominate possession. 

Hearts lined up in a 4231 with an inexperienced midfield of new loan signing Toby sibbick 20 year old first game, and 19 year old Andrew Irving,with Steven Naismith dropping in to give the lads a help with his experience. 

What was so unique was even though Rangers had far more an experienced team than us, the youth of Hearts that had Moore playing on the right, and Henderson on the left. 

More than matched the now top of the league Rangers players. 

The difference in possession was massive this game compared to the game at Ibrox, with Hearts having 50% possession and Rangers having 50% possession. 

Hearts pass accuracy was 60% compared to Rangers 58%.

Irving was the ball playing midfield player that day, with sibbick giving us the bite in the middle of the park, and Naismith the brains of the three 😉😊

We won 2-1 i enjoy doing this if you want me to do more let me know ☺. 

Highlights below 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What has Hibs extending contract got to do with us. Carry on embarrassing yourself with ridiculous posts on Stendel and Irving. 

We are currently playing in the championship, players like paton, doig, are Playing in a division above us work it out. 

ooh-aah-cantona
24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Certainly. in the game against Rangers in December we got beat 5-0 away from home. 

We lined up in a 532 formation with a midfield three of, Walker, Bozanic, Whelan, experienced players but unfortunately got the run around from Davis, Kamara, Aribo, and Arfield playing just of Fredo with Kent playing as a roaming winger 👍

Hearts had 32%possession compared to Rangers 68% possession. 

Hearts pass accuracy was 63% compared to Rangers 84%.

Highlights of the game below 

Now fast forward a month Hearts play Rangers at Tynecastle. 

Rangers line up in 433, with a midfield three of Kamara, Jack, Davis, and Aribo dropping in to help out, to try dominate possession. 

Hearts lined up in a 4231 with an inexperienced midfield of new loan signing Toby sibbick 20 year old first game, and 19 year old Andrew Irving,with Steven Naismith dropping in to give the lads a help with his experience. 

What was so unique was even though Rangers had far more an experienced team than us, the youth of Hearts that had Moore playing on the right, and Henderson on the left. 

More than matched the now top of the league Rangers players. 

The difference in possession was massive this game compared to the game at Ibrox, with Hearts having 50% possession and Rangers having 50% possession. 

Hearts pass accuracy was 60% compared to Rangers 58%.

Irving was the ball playing midfield player that day, with sibbick giving us the bite in the middle of the park, and Naismith the brains of the three 😉😊

We won 2-1 i enjoy doing this if you want me to do more let me know ☺. 

Highlights below 

Geezo. You’ve spent the whole day researching this and you tell me about a game in which Irving wasn’t Hearts’ best centre midfielder that day. 😂

Just now, ooh-aah-cantona said:

Geezo. You’ve spent the whole day researching this and you tell me about a game in which Irving wasn’t Hearts’ best centre midfielder that day. 😂

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We are currently playing in the championship, players like paton, doig, are Playing in a division above us work it out. 

Yes, there are players in the division above us.  That's how playing in the championship works.

18Jambo_dave74

I see the forum slaver is on another thread using their bizarre logic. 

Irving is a good young player with potential who will have poor games - I hope he signs a new deal. 

He isn’t the world beater some on here make him out to be and equally he’s not at bad as some are saying. He certainly was not regularly dominating midfield last season. 

If he does sign a new deal then I’d have major concerns about him playing in the top league in a 2 man midfield, I don’t think at this stage he has the legs/energy and the defensive nous to do this. Hopefully he can improve this side of his game.

If it transpires that he want to leave or will not sign a new deal, then I’d be leaving him out the squad completely - would rather we tried to focus on guys that’ll be here next season. Hopefully that’s not the case and he does sign a new deal. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I see the forum slaver is on another thread using their bizarre logic. 

Irving is a good young player with potential who will have poor games - I hope he signs a new deal. 

He isn’t the world beater some on here make him out to be and equally he’s not at bad as some are saying. He certainly was not regularly dominating midfield last season. 

If he does sign a new deal then I’d have major concerns about him playing in the top league in a 2 man midfield, I don’t think at this stage he has the legs/energy and the defensive nous to do this. Hopefully he can improve this side of his game.

If it transpires that he want to leave or will not sign a new deal, then I’d be leaving him out the squad completely - would rather we tried to focus on guys that’ll be here next season. Hopefully that’s not the case and he does sign a new deal. 

think we can end the thread here.. spot on

On 27/02/2021 at 16:54, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah i do that's the Neilson effect on players, unless you can point out just 1 player Robbie has improved?. 

Does loaning Jordan Roberts to Motherwell or Wighton to Dunfermline count?

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do rangers not have two players for every position at their club?, would it of bankrupt the club to extend doigs contract 😂, no a decision was made he wasn't good enough 👍

No it wasn’t. It was made clear to him, via team selections etc, that Hickey was seen as the first pick at left back at that age group. Doig took the huff and left. Still haven’t seen anything to make me think it was the wrong call by the coaching teams. Hickey has a contract with Bologna, Doig has a contract with Hibs. Big difference still. 

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No it wasn’t. It was made clear to him, via team selections etc, that Hickey was seen as the first pick at left back at that age group. Doig took the huff and left. Still haven’t seen anything to make me think it was the wrong call by the coaching teams. Hickey has a contract with Bologna, Doig has a contract with Hibs. Big difference still. 

And you know josh doig personally to confirm this yeah?. 

I'm sure his dad Tommy would say differently 🤔

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Excellent post, beautifully put and I remember the Barry horror..... Off topic I'd like to see McGill in for Halliday. Not a gamble in my opinion. 

Same, the lack of appearances for youngsters this season has been disappointing.

3 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Tbf there’s lot of fans criticising Neilson and Budge right now and they’re fully justified to do that with the appalling form and regression over the last few years.

You however I wouldn’t call a hearts fan. You support Stendel over the club and it’s just weird. You continuously wax lyrical about how Stendel hasn’t lost to clubs in the championship, despite him never managing in that league but contributing to our relegation there. 

I also don’t understand fans who think it’s as simple as making an offer and a player will sign. Irving might have always wanted to move on and if it’s clear that his head has been turned then I agree with him not playing. He’s a good player with plenty of potential however comments like ‘we should be making him our highest earner’ are stupid as he’s nowhere near the finished article. 

Your entitled to your opinion mate for someone that isn't a Hearts fan, I struggle to see why i would want to be on here posting, wanting my team to be the best it can be 🤔

As far as Stendel goes it's a no brainer if it's between him or Robbie tbh 😂 levels. 

received_4170214199677831.jpeg

barnsley-v-leeds-united-efl-sky-bet-championship-football-oakwell-barnsley-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10411663ai.jpg

EPR2O_IXsAI4dt6.jpeg

2020-01-26_18-27-11-933.jpeg.54c0b1b2e0932f56986f95b6a91f8f1e.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your entitled to your opinion mate for someone that isn't a Hearts fan, I struggle to see why i would want to be on here posting, wanting my team to be the best it can be 🤔

As far as Stendel goes it's a no brainer if it's between him or Robbie tbh 😂 levels. 

received_4170214199677831.jpeg

barnsley-v-leeds-united-efl-sky-bet-championship-football-oakwell-barnsley-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10411663ai.jpg

EPR2O_IXsAI4dt6.jpeg

2020-01-26_18-27-11-933.jpeg.54c0b1b2e0932f56986f95b6a91f8f1e.jpeg

That might be the saddest most cringe thing I’ve seen on here. I honestly hope for your sake you are 12 Bongo. 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

That might be the saddest most cringe thing I’ve seen on here. I honestly hope for your sake you are 12 Bongo. 

Okay mate 👍

Considering i wasn't the one who brought the guy up 😂

But it seems to have worked 🎣

20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think the the point is that he probably can’t see an opportunity in front of him here despite wanting to have one.

We keep signing midfield players and he is spending a lot of time on the bench at age when he needs to be playing regularly. 

Given the way he is being used this season would if you were his gamer would you currently advise him to sign a new 3-4 year deal at Hearts? I’m not sure I would. 

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You’re.

and yes it means nothing.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

I think the the point is that he probably can’t see an opportunity in front of him here despite wanting to have one.

We keep signing midfield players and he is spending a lot of time on the bench at age when he needs to be playing regularly. 

Given the way he is being used this season would if you were his gamer would you currently advise him to sign a new 3-4 year deal at Hearts? I’m not sure I would. 

He's only really dropped to the bench since the contract talks started dragging on. Before then he'd established himself and was a regular after we tried a few combinations earlier in the season. Pretty sure those things are related. He's either been unsettled or we would prefer to focus on finding midfield combinations from players who we know will be here and want to be here.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And you know josh doig personally to confirm this yeah?. 

I'm sure his dad Tommy would say differently 🤔

When's Doig moving to Serie A, Celtic or Bayern? Must be any day now.

15 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

The only midfielder we signed was McEnuff. 

I would not sign for the coaching team at the club. I do not believe they can help the boy  which in reality is a short career. 

Qualities of other players, many imaginary, seem to be the focus of our head coach

Edited by Riccarton3

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )