Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

I posted on another thread a few days ago but it got deleted I think. A lot of the players aren’t happy. Tactics, man management etc are the main points. The fact Sky Sports are asking Ann about Robbie should tell you that things aren’t great. I’m not going to get into it tonight tho as I’m about to drive to Cambridge for a funeral tomorrow.

Coaching team aren’t happy with a lot of the players either I’d imagine. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

12 hours ago, Andyp1874 said:

Spot on. Not worth paying any more than we have to. 

Why does everyone think it is only about money? 

He’s a local hearts daft lad. But he’s not being getting played recently, despite some poor results and performances from the team. 

And we have signed a lot of midfielders recently, GMS, Mceneff, Roberts, Frear, Kastaneer and Ginnelly. 

Maybe it is the best thing for him to stay and fight for a starting position but I can see why he could

be advised to leave and go andplay somewhere where he will get more game time. And somewhere that he feels the manager wants him to play a key role.

16 hours ago, kila said:

The narrative has switched to no contracts until the league is wrapped up. So that to me says Irving is a goner if he was close to sorting a new deal.

That does not apply to Irving or Ginelly as their talks have already begun.

Just now, JamboAl said:

That does not apply to Irving or Ginelly as their talks have already begun.

Do you have proof it doesn’t apply to them ?

When the manager is quoted as saying “all contracts discussions are on hold”.....you have to assume he means all and not just some. 

19 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

When the manager is quoted as saying “all contracts discussions are on hold”.....you have to assume he means all and not just some. 

Yes

49 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The full quote indicated that no new talks would be starting but that negotiations would continue with Irving and Ginnelly.

5 hours ago, 77Mackay77 said:

He’s a local hearts daft lad. But he’s not being getting played recently, despite some poor results and performances from the team. 

And we have signed a lot of midfielders recently, GMS, Mceneff, Roberts, Frear, Kastaneer and Ginnelly. 

Maybe it is the best thing for him to stay and fight for a starting position but I can see why he could

be advised to leave and go andplay somewhere where he will get more game time. And somewhere that he feels the manager wants him to play a key role.

5 of them are wingers and not the same position as him. And if he was that hearts daft and it’s not about the money why hasn’t he just signed?

Rogue Daddy

8 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

The full quote indicated that no new talks would be starting but that negotiations would continue with Irving and Ginnelly.

Correct...

Talks are still ongoing regarding a new deal for midfielder Andy Irving and there have been discussions about signing on-loan Preston North End winger Josh Ginnelly permanently.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-put-contract-talks-with-certain-players-on-hold-3153727

I like Irving as a player but he's a long way from the finished article and, if he does decide to leave, I'll stick my neck out & predict that we'll be the biggest club he'll ever play for.

john thomas
3 hours ago, Andyp1874 said:

5 of them are wingers and not the same position as him. And if he was that hearts daft and it’s not about the money why hasn’t he just signed?

There were one or two on here who claimed to know the intimate details of the negotiations with Irving .

Quite emphatic [aggressive] about it

Surely they should be able to update us ?

Diadora Van Basten
44 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Mind when Scott Severin thought he was better than Hearts. 

Going to stick my neck out and say Irving will be better than Severin. 

Stating the obvious, potential and talent but needs to develop more of an engine, seems a bit one paced and struggles to tackle which is a problem in the modern game.  

Hope he signs and develops here before moving on.  It's natural that a delay in signing will lead to frustration amongst the fans and i'd be surprised if he moves,that he goes to a bigger club.  That said, he'll likely secure more money with a smaller team down south.  

We will be due couple of hundred grand won't we if he goes? Not sure many clubs outwith English championship will be willing to drop that on him.

Just now, Andyp1874 said:

And if he was that hearts daft and it’s not about the money why hasn’t he just signed?

I wouldn't go by that. We've seen it before with others in the past. The "hearts daft" thing is a bit of a myth in modern day football. The days of Gary Mackay and Gary Locke are well gone. The ongoing stuff with Irving is pretty standard these days. Remember Walker downing tools when he heard Rangers were interested in him? Same situation with Jason Holt as well. The Irving stuff is not to dis-similar as those two. 

I personally couldn't care less if Irving stays or goes. Don't get me wrong...i'd have liked him to stay and continue his development but as i've said previously, midfielders are ten-a-penny and he would be replaced without much trouble. A really good defender or striker is far harder to replace than a bit-part midfielder. (i don't mean that in a derogatory way, i mean it as in someone playing bit parts in games, not disrespectfully to the position) He won't hold the club to ransom, they'll eventually say that "this" is the best we can do, take it or leave it. 

credit card

I think he's overhyped albeit a decent passer of the ball. Currently though he's too slow and loses the ball too easily. Not exactly many MoM performances so far to back up the evidence for a decent contract. 

The laddie needs to get the head down and work hard. He needs to stop reading the papers and produce or he'll end up another Stephen Simmons. He looked good for a few games then was mince.

The Hogfather
11 hours ago, 77Mackay77 said:

Only one of which plays in the same position. And he's been left out of the starting lineup in the last 2 games. I'm not going to pretend I know what's going on with his contract negotiations, but I doubt it's the reasons you've mentioned here.

Charlie Adam singing Irving's praises, saying Irving is Hearts best midfield player, and in his opinion doesn't play regularly enough. 

Diadora Van Basten
21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Charlie Adam singing Irving's praises, saying Irving is Hearts best midfield player, and in his opinion doesn't play regularly enough. 

I would agree with that. It’s crazy that we are picking Halliday in front of him. McEnuff has looked decent at times but Irving has been better overall. Haring also seems to be out of favour and I would like to see Haring and Irving together.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Neilson clearly agrees. He's played more games than any of our other midfielders. He's almost been an ever present, just not the last couple of games for some reason. Contract talks distracting him?

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neilson clearly agrees. He's played more games than any of our other midfielders. He's almost been an ever present, just not the last couple of games for some reason. Contract talks distracting him?

Since McEneff has come to the club, how many games has he started ahead of him and Halliday?. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Since McEneff has come to the club, how many games has he started ahead of him and Halliday?. 

Irving has played more games than any midfielder this season. So Neilson clearly agrees with Adam (and you as you quoted Adam). McEneff has looked good. Be great to see him Irving and Haring together. I'm not a fan of Halliday.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Irving has played more games than any midfielder this season. So Neilson clearly agrees with Adam (and you as you quoted Adam). McEneff has looked good. Be great to see him Irving and Haring together. I'm not a fan of Halliday.

Do you think Irving will start tomorrow?. 

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Irving has played more games than any midfielder this season can you show me them stats?. 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Irving has played more games than any midfielder this season can you show me them stats?. 

2nd most. Halliday has 20 games 1400 minutes Irving 19 games 1100 minutes, so he’s wrong but there’s not that much in it. Unfortunately the “he’s not playing enough” does not hold water at all, it’s obviously a bit of attempted mind games from Adam. As for the last few games, Neilsons opted to go with the more experienced Halliday for bedding Mceneff into the team for his first 3-4 games at the club. I think we will see Irving-Mceneff at some point but would be surprised if it’s tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

2nd most. Halliday has 20 games 1400 minutes Irving 19 games 1100 minutes, so he’s wrong but there’s not that much in it. Unfortunately the “he’s not playing enough” does not hold water at all, it’s obviously a bit of attempted mind games from Adam. As for the last few games, Neilsons opted to go with the more experienced Halliday for bedding Mceneff into the team for his first 3-4 games at the club. I think we will see Irving-Mceneff at some point but would be surprised if it’s tomorrow. 

Sorry i don't agree, Irving hasn't started the last two games, and i doubt he would need to use mind games as an edge to beat us, judging on the last time he played against us.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry i don't agree, Irving hasn't started the last two games, and i doubt he would need to use mind games as an edge to beat us, judging on the last time he played against us.

He has played a higher percentage of games under Neilson than under Stendel for example who dropped him for Damour. How do you square that circle?

Guest ToqueJambo
47 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Fair enough with the SC I make it Halliday has 22 in all tournaments and Irving has 21. Irving missed games through his Scotland call-up he probably would have played in given he was picked either side of the period he missed. Either way Neilson clearly rates him. Most folk seems o think the contract thing is influencing his non selection right now - either it's affecting him or as others have said the club wants to to focus on pfinding combinations of players who want to play for us.

Edited by ToqueJambo

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough with the SC I make it Halliday has 22 in all tournaments and Irving has 21. Irving missed games through his Scotland call-up he probably would have played in given he was picked either side of the period he missed.

He also missed one of the Alloa games with concussion not sure if it was cup or league 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He also missed one of the Alloa games with concussion not sure if it was cup or league 

Hopefully he starts tomorrow. Would like to see him and McEneff, although who would do the DM work?

Edited by ToqueJambo

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hopefully he starts tomorrow. Would like to see him and McEneff, although who would do the DM work?

Not sure but - I think it’s worth a try, a bit of youthful energy. Would be a huge surprise to see it tomorrow but maybe in an upcoming game. 

13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He has played a higher percentage of games under Neilson than under Stendel for example who dropped him for Damour. How do you square that circle?

Well one Robbie will have how many games this season to play him 🤔

Stendel didn't even get half the season in the league to play him. 

Your comparing when Stendel came into a relegation battle, to Robbie getting a fresh start and getting a a fair crack. 

Come on mate eh 🤔

The difference in leagues alone should give you that answer. 

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I would agree with that. It’s crazy that we are picking Halliday in front of him. McEnuff has looked decent at times but Irving has been better overall. Haring also seems to be out of favour and I would like to see Haring and Irving together.

Surely that would be an incredibly slow midfield. Definitely not for me.

Guest ToqueJambo
59 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your comparing when Stendel came into a relegation battle, to Robbie getting a fresh start and getting a a fair crack. 

Come on mate eh 🤔

Stendel dropped Irving for our last 3 crucial league games and the cup game against Rangers - for Loic bloody Damour! All he got in those crucial 4 games was 30 mins against St Mirren. Imagine if Neilson did that!

Neilson by contrast has picked Irving to start for crucial games, including the first game of the season and the cup final.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Fluorescent Adolescent
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Stendel dropped Irving for our last 3 crucial league games and the cup game against Rangers - for Loic bloody Damour! All he got in those crucial 4 games was 30 mins against St Mirren. Imagine if Neilson did that!

Neilson by contrast has picked Irving to start for crucial games, including the first game of the season and the cup final.

Don’t bother engaging with this mentalist.

A proper wrong un.

Doubt he’s even Hearts. Tolerated and encouraged on here tho.

Speaks volumes about this shit tip. Hopefully the club wake up soon to the poison that is jkb.

CloustonHMFC
11 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Come on mate eh 🤔

You sometimes come with some decent points but the way you speak to other posters and your constant hard on for Stendel just makes you look like a k**b. I reckon if you toned down the 'I know better than every one else' attitude the conversations would go 100x better 

Edited by CloustonHMFC

Not at his best today, but I am still glad he is back in the starting lineup and I hope he signs a new contract as he is the best passer of the ball we have. I hope Irving and McEneff will be the core of our midfield next season. 

11 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thought he was pretty poor today. Being so one footed made him very awkward 1st half. 2nd half our midfield disappeared. 

Hearts need way better midfielders that irving. He’s mostly anonymous in the second tier in Scotland. 

I thought he was pretty effective first half and never really got going in the second. He sometimes seems to want an awful lot of time on the ball as well. 

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thought he was pretty poor today. Being so one footed made him very awkward 1st half. 2nd half our midfield disappeared. 

Hearts need way better midfielders that irving. He’s mostly anonymous in the second tier in Scotland. 

Interesting to see where he goes. Guessing abroad. 

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Composed on the ball. Sorry to see him go.

Where is he going ?   Has something been announced  ?

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Hearts need way better midfielders that irving. He’s mostly anonymous in the second tier in Scotland

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

He played well the first half and not so well the second. Certainly an asset to the team. 

Just like the rest of the team.

Guest ToqueJambo

The best passer in the team by a country mile. All you need is a couple to hit their targets and we win the game.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

This. Been saying about his 1 footedness since he came into the 1st team. No clue why he refuses to use both feet even for simple passes.

We can do better than Irving.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )