Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Bazzas right boot
Just now, swilso said:

Should be nowhere the first team until he signs a new contract. We need players that are committed to the club.

Unfortunately, we have about 10 players in this position atm. 

47 minutes ago, stotty said:

He's being played far too deep, Berra was in a more advanced position than him a lot of the time today. Wasted. 

It’s his job he is being told how to play if you watch him he is never in front of the ball making space when he passes he is static and awaits the return  to pass either sideways or backwards,it’s is so easy to combat for opposing teams as no one drags any one out of position to make the space then if you watch today 

McNeff started the 2nd half out wide thought he was a box to box midfielder. 

Are the trio of coaches on their PlayStation before the game but what puzzles me is the time we won the championship we played high tempo pressing game and it produced entertaining games and winning the league very early in the season 

and then you have to look at the Celtic 4-0 game we done exactly the same but binned it for turgid stuff under both Levein and Neilson (strange they changed)we need a clear out as I think Levein still involved in this and would not surprise me if Budge has him advising Neilson in some capacity my view is players are not allowed to expresss themselves they are following a rigid system and are more concerned about the opposing teams you could see it today no leadership did you see anyone today players or coaches urging people on also why no Nasmith is he injured or is he not happy with the style of play just a thought 

Andreas Pirlo once said football is played in the head, the feet are just the tools. That explains why Irving will never make it as a footballer, zero game intelligence .

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't post shite then, Irving was played out of position, behind Berra. 

Sit doon. 

We're shite enough without making up stories. 

I didn't say that though did I, so who's making stuff up. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, stotty said:

I didn't say that though did I, so who's making stuff up. 

What did you say then?

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

What did you say then?

That Irving is being played too deep. If you can't see that he's being told to sit right in front of our CHs, you're even more clueless than I thought. And I said Berra was often in a more advanced position than him today - I didn't say he was positioned behind Berra, but you know that fine well. In my opinion, Irving should play further up the pitch, as he's the only player we have who can play a defence-splitting pass.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, samgolden said:

It’s his job he is being told how to play if you watch him he is never in front of the ball making space when he passes he is static and awaits the return  to pass either sideways or backwards,it’s is so easy to combat for opposing teams as no one drags any one out of position to make the space then if you watch today 

Are the trio of coaches on their PlayStation before the game but what puzzles me is the time we won the championship we played high tempo pressing game and it produced entertaining games and winning the league very early in the season 

and then you have to look at the Celtic 4-0 game we done exactly the same but binned it for turgid stuff under both Levein and Neilson (strange they changed)we need a clear out as I think Levein still involved in this and would not surprise me if Budge has him advising Neilson in some capacity my view is players are not allowed to expresss themselves they are following a rigid system and are more concerned about the opposing teams you could see it today no leadership did you see anyone today players or coaches urging people on also why no Nasmith is he injured or is he not happy with the style of play just a thought 

Sam, I don't want to sound like a smart-arse, though I might well be one, but honestly!  I think I got the meaning of that and it was good stuff, if I read it right, but FFS slow down and add a few commas so that I don't need to read it three times.

11 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

He’s definitely not a player to take us up a level. 

He’s absolutely struggling in a really poor league. 

Let him go. 

Barney

Cant agree with that he is being told to play a specific role in the team and is not allowed to deviate from it.

IMHO his natural game is being affected  and his confidence im sure is being drained,maybe that is why he does not want a new contract 

He feels his career is better spent elswhere,and if you think about the situation at the Club just now it makes sense to hold off I dont blame him 

14 hours ago, credit card said:

Alleged Jambo my erse. If that was full pelt effort then sonny stop reading about the one hack that said you had a good game once. If you're a real Jambo after Tuesday I expected a MoM performance.

Mirror time laddie.

If you are coming through our so called a highly rated academy how is it that rarely any of the youngsters make it, this is because the creativity is being coached out them and the system is too rigid 

You may get an odd game where we click Celtic4-0 or even when we won the league earlier

IMHO the coaching they are using now was not used in the league then it is imbedded into the clubs coaching methods it has been for the last 5 Years 

Thats how we have no creative players who can make decisions during a game that is outside the tactical formation set up for the game 

in effect slow boring lead up play 

very easy to read during a game 

15 hours ago, stotty said:

That Irving is being played too deep. If you can't see that he's being told to sit right in front of our CHs, you're even more clueless than I thought. And I said Berra was often in a more advanced position than him today - I didn't say he was positioned behind Berra, but you know that fine well. In my opinion, Irving should play further up the pitch, as he's the only player we have who can play a defence-splitting pass.

Yes. Can have some sympathy here. At times didn't know he was playing as didn't touch ball. 

But I'd also look at Irving's stats. I don't know if anyone pays to get these. but your passing accuracy should be 80%. Irving at 33% at best. Maybe he's confused and down trodden and that's all Robbie Neilson's fault. But you still need to execute. 

Jambof3tornado
17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unfortunately, we have about 10 players in this position atm. 

Not sure why thats unfortunate to be honest.

A massive cull is needed, was mentioned on the radio yesterday that getting rid of deadwood will be very hard due to the wages some of our duds are on.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not sure why thats unfortunate to be honest.

A massive cull is needed, was mentioned on the radio yesterday that getting rid of deadwood will be very hard due to the wages some of our duds are on.

It's unfortunate now, especially if we needed to get results, but aye. 

It's a good thing fur next year. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's unfortunate now, especially if we needed to get results, but aye. 

It's a good thing fur next year. 

Was always a gamble having so many in last years of contracts but maybe the big cull was always happening regardless.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Was always a gamble having so many in last years of contracts but maybe the big cull was always happening regardless.

It was/ is  imo and players know it! 

16 hours ago, ramrod said:

Andreas Pirlo once said football is played in the head, the feet are just the tools. That explains why Irving will never make it as a footballer, zero game intelligence .

Another Reference to Pirlo mind “cumdawg” chipped his pen in the semi for Hibs and said he had a pirlo Barnet he tried the dink 😂😂😂😂😂

Off to Barcelona is he? 

He’s very good on the ball but defensively an absolute liability. If Haring isn’t fit then Irving isn’t going to cut it playing holding mid. 

If we had another RB then Smith could at least play there. 

As for his contract, i hope he signs and we get the best out of him. But if he doesn’t improve defensively - including workrate - he will never make it

upgotheheads

Irving is a class player, and it's not fair to judge him when he's playing with such a load of dross around him. There was more than one occasion yesterday when he was yelling at teammates for not looking for the pass he wanted to make, nobody else as far as I noticed was doing the same. Maybe he's not signing because he knows what's going on behind the scenes at Tynecastle, and doesn't want another two years of this crap.

Malinga the Swinga

So many willing to make excuses for him is strange. Can only kick the ball with one foot has no game awareness, has no determination and no fight.

If he stays, and personally don't care if he does, then he has a massive amount to prove. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So many willing to make excuses for him is strange. Can only kick the ball with one foot has no game awareness, has no determination and no fight.

If he stays, and personally don't care if he does, then he has a massive amount to prove. 

As one of JKB’s chief excuse makers, why is it strange to you?

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As one of JKB’s chief excuse makers, why is it strange to you?

Well that added **** all to debate. Then again, you never add anything to any debate, so definitely not strange or a surprise. 

19 hours ago, samgolden said:

That's because all the wingers we have signed apart from the injured Ginnelly are all utter ponies and I include GMS is that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well that added **** all to debate. Then again, you never add anything to any debate, so definitely not strange or a surprise. 

:pleasing:

19 hours ago, samgolden said:

Yip. Zonal, that's what they're expected to do by the coaches and not have a mind of their own to create and express themselves. McEneff is already on his way backwards as well. I remember Levein playing Milinkovic is a left sided wing-back and when he took it upon himself to try to create, he ran past half the other team onto the other side of the pitch, swung in a dangerous cross that the striker mis-judged getting on the end of and Levein started on him for moving away from where he was supposed to be. Milinkovic just looked at him, shrugged his shoulders as if to say "what?" "I'm trying to get us a goal!" He got dropped more and more after that. So it seems Neilson wants to continue with this rigid, zonal  "philosophy" being that Levein was his mentor. 

gordiegords
11 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yip. Zonal, that's what they're expected to do by the coaches and not have a mind of their own to create and express themselves. McEneff is already on his way backwards as well. I remember Levein playing Milinkovic is a left sided wing-back and when he took it upon himself to try to create, he ran past half the other team onto the other side of the pitch, swung in a dangerous cross that the striker mis-judged getting on the end of and Levein started on him for moving away from where he was supposed to be. Milinkovic just looked at him, shrugged his shoulders as if to say "what?" "I'm trying to get us a goal!" He got dropped more and more after that. So it seems Neilson wants to continue with this rigid, zonal  "philosophy" being that Levein was his mentor. 

Squeezing the life out of the creativity of the players, sad.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That's because all the wingers we have signed apart from the injured Ginnelly are all utter ponies and I include GMS is that.

Thing is, GMS could walk away from Hearts right now, join another club and be a major influence for them. GMS has always been about one-touch and quick movement. He did this at Dundee Utd, Celtic & Aberdeen. Right now he's gathering the ball, running with it and finding it hard to pass to a team mate, they're all way behind him sitting back as almost extra defenders. Not the first time i've seen him turn round staring at them all and having a sly shake of the head to himself or a "fuxake!" under his breath. Maybe the Championship is making it far more difficult with teams sitting in. He's shown glimpses but there's only so much one player can do when the rest are just watching him in the hope he'll score or find a killer pass. That ain't happening when the likes of Halliday, Irving and now even McEneff are standing around the centre-circle. How can he make that killer pass into their path if they're all behind him? Even he has became just another backwards/sidewards passer, and that's never been his game.

2 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Squeezing the life out of the creativity of the players, sad.

Yip. Thing is we actually have some decent players in that squad, a few Internationals as well but even they're looking like they're wasting their time. Must be extremely hard to motivate yourself when players rarely move into space to collect a pass. It should be a simple pass-move, pass-move, use-pace but unfortunately it's pass-stop, pass-stop....and back to the fullbacks or defenders to start the whole move up again...and repeat. So easy for any team to defend against, just get bodies in there and there's nothing Hearts can do about it. It's all "right, i've done my pass, i'll pass the buck over to you" with the next player repeating the same stuff and barely moving any further than 20 yards from their area of the field.

Very true...sad.

Hate to say it but I enjoyed the Celtic v Rangers match last weekend. The players on both sides were constantly on the move, running into space, looking for the ball. We have absolutely little or no forward movement in our team. I think GMS ran into space near the box on one occasion in the second half and , I think it was Halkett ( surprisingly ) then  threaded the ball through to him and it was only a great tackle by a QOS player that prevented a shot at goal. It has to be the manager/coaches to blame. McEneff must have passed the ball backwards, never mind sideways, 30 times yesterday. The first couple of games he was passing the ball forward and then running into space, time and time again. Now he is static in far right midfield contributing nothing. I don’t accept all our players are duds - it has to be down to the manager/coaches. Get rid.

14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Thing is, GMS could walk away from Hearts right now, join another club and be a major influence for them. GMS has always been about one-touch and quick movement. He did this at Dundee Utd, Celtic & Aberdeen. Right now he's gathering the ball, running with it and finding it hard to pass to a team mate, they're all way behind him sitting back as almost extra defenders. Not the first time i've seen him turn round staring at them all and having a sly shake of the head to himself or a "fuxake!" under his breath. Maybe the Championship is making it far more difficult with teams sitting in. He's shown glimpses but there's only so much one player can do when the rest are just watching him in the hope he'll score or find a killer pass. That ain't happening when the likes of Halliday, Irving and now even McEneff are standing around the centre-circle. How can he make that killer pass into their path if they're all behind him? Even he has became just another backwards/sidewards passer, and that's never been his game.

He looks past his best to me. I don't disagree with your summary of how to get the best out of him but he looks to have lost that bit of pace he had.

Only yesterday he couldn't beat the 36 year old Willie Gibson for pace.

He has little or no upper body strength and is far to easily moved off the ball for my liking.

You are correct of course about our central midfield none of whom can do anything quickly and fail to move the ball quickly and never go for the return pass.

19 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Sam, I don't want to sound like a smart-arse, though I might well be one, but honestly!  I think I got the meaning of that and it was good stuff, if I read it right, but FFS slow down and add a few commas so that I don't need to read it three times.

I know my punctuation is awful well at least it was true reflection of my thoughts 

wattie exploited

at least Irvine was arguing at the forwards for not moving into space for him at least he cares although his performances haven't  been great of late :rifle:

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Irving is a class player, and it's not fair to judge him when he's playing with such a load of dross around him. There was more than one occasion yesterday when he was yelling at teammates for not looking for the pass he wanted to make, nobody else as far as I noticed was doing the same. Maybe he's not signing because he knows what's going on behind the scenes at Tynecastle, and doesn't want another two years of this crap.

He was yelling at team mates after he just ran straight out the park with the ball. He ran towards the line because he was incapable of adjusting his body position to play the ball to the feet of a team mate who was inside him. Mostly because his whole body position said that he didn't want to have to use his right foot. The QOS player who ushered him out probably got a telegram last week telling what Irving was trying to do it was so obvious. It was a situation of his own making yet he decided that it was his team mates fault.

wattie exploited

he is only a young guy we have a lot worse players than him some people should stop trying  to make him a scape goat because  he aint signed up and his performances have dropped off but look at the ****ing rest of the team pure shit :rifle:

Malinga the Swinga
46 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he is only a young guy we have a lot worse players than him some people should stop trying  to make him a scape goat because  he aint signed up and his performances have dropped off but look at the ****ing rest of the team pure shit :rifle:

Dropped off suggests they were decent in first place. Hyped up beyond belief and been found out as a one footed show pony, with the heart of a mouse. 

Halliday gets 10 x the abuse on here, yet never hides and doesn't continually give the ball away. 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Dropped off suggests they were decent in first place. Hyped up beyond belief and been found out as a one footed show pony, with the heart of a mouse. 

Halliday gets 10 x the abuse on here, yet never hides and doesn't continually give the ball away. 

rather have Irving over Halliday any time :rifle:

Just seen the OG! 🙈

Was that on purpose! 🤪

Edited by Thomaso

wattie exploited

what a difference a few months makes from the young guy being out standing to now being very poor the last month !

really cant see him staying now !!!!!!!!! :rifle:

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

what a difference a few months makes from the young guy being out standing to now being very poor the last month !

really cant see him staying now !!!!!!!!! :rifle:

Playing for Hearts could be the peak of the lads career. Jamie Walker excited me more than Andy Irving ever has and look where he ended up. 

If Berra isn't playing again because he is leaving then this vastly over-rated laddie should be dumped too. Trying to build a team around him 🤣🤣   

Glamorgan Jambo

Needs benched regardless of his signing intentions. Maybe he would have been benched if Halliday had been fit.

An empty jersey today. Along with Mackay Steven.

18Jambo_dave74

Swans around the pitch with his head up his backside. Doesn’t track his runners (see Brora first goal). Doesn’t want to use his right foot (O.G last week). Pathetic performance today.

Stick him in the stand. Don’t want to be here then **** off.

Central Belt 1874
22 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

If Berra isn't playing again because he is leaving then this vastly over-rated laddie should be dumped too. Trying to build a team around him 🤣🤣   

The most over rated Hearts player in a very long time. 

He should be an absolute standout week in week out at this level if he wants to go onto bigger and better things in his career. He should be pushing the team forward and leading by example with desire and energy. 

An instantly forgettable player. 

I think we need to move on from him. As Central Belt says, he should be dominating at this level. 1 good performance every month doesn't cut it.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )