January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Siphiwe Tshabalala

From what I’ve heard Moult isn’t fit.

PNE have signed Ched Evans but I believe Jayden Stockley is being moved on in his place.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

58 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

From what I’ve heard Moult isn’t fit.

PNE have signed Ched Evans but I believe Jayden Stockley is being moved on in his place.

There was rumours of Stockley being linked with us too, Just watched his goals from his time playing for Exeter, Not a bad record there (51 goals in 98 apps)  Can't remember him Standing out too much at aberdeen, Although i wasn't really watching him too closely, Maybe worth a loan until end of the season to see how he goes and then offer him a deal if he does well.

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

There was rumours of Stockley being linked with us too, Just watched his goals from his time playing for Exeter, Not a bad record there (51 goals in 98 apps)  Can't remember him Standing out too much at aberdeen, Although i wasn't really watching him too closely, Maybe worth a loan until end of the season to see how he goes and then offer him a deal if he does well.

stockley is more of a target man so different to Boyce. He wasn’t great at Aberdeen tbh. Does fit the description of the type of striker we were after

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ok, Savage connection, ex PNE, available end of season.

Drum roll....

Aiden McGeady:peepwall:

Unlikely....but for what is worth a decent player and would probably shine back up here. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Drum roll....

Apart from being yet another winger, won't happen, as back in favour at Sunderland, his weekly wages probably about same as half our first team squads total bill.

Stockley perhaps seems the most likely of the names mentioned to date? He did cost Preston £750k from Exeter and is reportedly on around £5k a week wage though. That said, if we can ship a couple like Zlamal and Damour out, he may be worth the investment? Would give us a different option from our current forwards. 

jimmy the jambo

Are players reluctant to leave if they’re on easy money and settled with their families,Compared to moving to a new place with local restrictions due to covid.

If it was me,I’d be holding tight and see what the summer brings if I was looking for a new club.

I doubt our wage thieves players will leave as they’re rubbish and clubs know that. 

12 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Stockley perhaps seems the most likely of the names mentioned to date? He did cost Preston £750k from Exeter and is reportedly on around £5k a week wage though. That said, if we can ship a couple like Zlamal and Damour out, he may be worth the investment? Would give us a different option from our current forwards. 

Worry is he wash pish at Aberdeen. Doesn't mean it can't work but my Aberdeen mates said he was pish.

Ginnelly saying in today's Evening News he is loving it at hearts and looking to stay.

I suppose it will all come down to money but he is saying he was not in a good place when he arrived and Robbie has got him back enjoying it again.

Edited by steve123

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Ignore the haters Daz. You’ve got more right than wrong and that’s good enough. Keep the rumours coming real or made up I don’t care. 

its just a couple of weapons who give daza a hard time.. and the rest of the board give them a hard time. 

daza concern yourself with them man. Just block them yourself. This place is much better when you block the clowns 

47 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Worry is he wash pish at Aberdeen. Doesn't mean it can't work but my Aberdeen mates said he was pish.

Yeah, a goal every 5 games at Aberdeen but 51 goals in 98 games for Exeter. Kind of indicates some players work in some teams - Rudi a prime example. 

Ainsley Harriott
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Dunno about Moult.

When he was at Motherwell, he was immense and if he is still at that level he'd be a cracking signing.

However, he's not really maintained that consistency after moving back down south and has had trouble with injuries. Seems a bit Stevie May territory, he might not be half the player he was.

Seems like a bit of a gamble if we are interested and I doubt he'd be cheap either. 

We definitely arent intrested so wouldnt worry too much. 

40 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

its just a couple of weapons who give daza a hard time.. and the rest of the board give them a hard time. 

daza concern yourself with them man. Just block them yourself. This place is much better when you block the clowns 

Agree with this. How dull a place it would be if nobody passed on rumours, gossip, ITK or whatever anyone wants to call it. Daza has some right...he has some wrong and I would be more concerned if he got everyone right as it would show a huge breach at the club in terms of all things being private.

Keep posting Daza...I for one appreciate it.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its not that different to what I said, It doesn’t state categorically as you said that we weren’t interested. It’s quite vague really. You then had other articles talking about how secret it all was when it wasn’t. Just glad we signed him. 

Are you really claiming that "It is believed the club won't be moving for the winger" is closer to what you said ("Hearts are interested") than what I said ("Hearts are not interested")?:lol:

Chilling, Trumpian stuff.

If they believed we weren't going to move for him two days before he signed then they clearly didn't have a clue, as I said.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Now he thinks we don’t know he can see our posts, I did ask those overworked mods if I could possibly not see anything he says but they said it’s not possible. Oh well, just need to keep ignoring him chasing me all over every thread. 

You give the distinct impression life is just about you.  You would like a free board with no one daring to disagree with you, as DC 92 is finding out.

You will be chased if you continually make idiotic posts and venting your spleen at every opportunity in regard to an ex-employee even when it's not relevant.

Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Ginnelly saying in today's Evening News he is loving it at hearts and looking to stay.

I suppose it will all come down to money but he is saying he was not in a good place when he arrived and Robbie has got him back enjoying it again.

You would like to think he knows Roughly what we can offer I think he will sign 

22 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Some players just fit certain clubs. I believe Ginelly is one of those. 

He’s looked excellent for us and I really hope he stays. 

I've always been jealour of teams in Scotland who've had really quick, dangerous wingers over the last few years.  There have been loads it seems at Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs and we've been on the receiving end a few times from it.  We tried it with Mulraney and basically he very very rarely used his pace, despite being possibly the quickest player in the league!

Having Ginelly is brilliant.  He's so direct.  His first thought every time he gets the ball is to drive forward.  Roberts is quick as hell too, and powerful.  Robbie needs to work hard on him to get him to use it.  He kept cutting back against Alloa.  Maybe it's a confidence thing.  It's so basic, but a guy who just runs and drives with the ball is a nightmare - I know, I was a FB in my uninspiring playing days!!  You might get the better of him 20 times, but if he gets past you the 21st, it's a goal.

Or you need to drop deep, but then the whole defence has to, and that opens space for Irving and Boyce etc to work.  If we get our target man, a deep defence allows him to boss them too, so it's a real problem for a defence to have real pace to think about.

StevenNaismith

Ginnelly and Kingsley both close to agreeing contracts with the club. If we can get those two plus Irving to sign a new deal along with bringing in GMS then I’ll be happy if we do no more business in this window. 

39 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Agree with this. How dull a place it would be if nobody passed on rumours, gossip, ITK or whatever anyone wants to call it. Daza has some right...he has some wrong and I would be more concerned if he got everyone right as it would show a huge breach at the club in terms of all things being private.

Keep posting Daza...I for one appreciate it.

Seconded,keep it coming Daz.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would rather they came out and said we don’t need another injury prone striker/player whose identical to what we’ve got that hasn’t kicked a ball in 18 months and might never again. 
Ive got PTSD from the these last few seasons of watching our club be a retirement home for crocks signed on deals where they get the same wages whether they play or not 🙄
Are we going to be linked with every PNE player, here’s hoping Joe has a much wider gaze 😆🤞

Spot on.

14 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Ginnelly and Kingsley both close to agreeing contracts with the club. If we can get those two plus Irving to sign a new deal along with bringing in GMS then I’ll be happy if we do no more business in this window. 

I’d like a striker to be honest. Without Boyce we’re a bit weak up top

Absolute Scenes

If we are after a striker I hope it’s stockley. Decent record overall, 1 in 3 near enough in his whole career. Not really shone at Aberdeen but was at a time where Aberdeen were consistently finishing 2nd and had strikers ahead of him. Not the worst record at Preston considering it’s ranked a higher league than the Scottish. Would be happy if it was him, would definitely give us grit up top 

Ainsley Harriott

3 things that happen every window:

People debate Jason Cummings endlessly

Daz pretends hes ITK and gets egg on his face but keeps coming back for more

We are supposedly signing Kyle Lafferty expect we arent.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Are you really claiming that "It is believed the club won't be moving for the winger" is closer to what you said ("Hearts are interested") than what I said ("Hearts are not interested")?:lol:

Chilling, Trumpian stuff.

If they believed we weren't going to move for him two days before he signed then they clearly didn't have a clue, as I said.

You love to argue over a vague statement, completely missing out the bit where it says “the club was believed to be interested in him” 😆

36 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Yup.

Be nice to perhaps get a wee pre-contract or two done.

Club seems to sometimes wait to see what's out there, even within windows, but I think on this occasion, getting things tied up early would be nice.  Anyone signed in the summer could then almost be a luxury!

Phil D. Corners
20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’d like a striker to be honest. Without Boyce we’re a bit weak up top

So would I. 

Can’t help but think that with little reserve football being played a loan arrangement could not be made for a quality striker that just needs game time. 

If we do get a target man his scoring rate will inevitably be lower. If a big guy can hold the ball up and also score loads they are worth millions.

Maroonblood22

Let's be honest we're not going to get a prolific striker but if we can bring in a target man type that can bring others into play and add a different dimension up top then that should improve us further.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You love to argue over a vague statement, completely missing out the bit where it says “the club was believed to be interested in him” 😆

You've literally just made that quote up. This is what it actually says. Read it again slowly this time.

Hearts have been mentioned as a possible destination but it is believed that the club won’t be moving for the winger.

Hearts have been "mentioned" (i.e. by others, not the EEN) as a possible destination, but won't be moving for him. Two days before he signed. So they clearly didn't have a clue, which is my point.

Barry Anderson's "I'm not convinced they will (move for Moult)" is far less unequivocal than the statement above but is being taken as confirmation that he won't be signing.

It was you who responded to my post and are continuing to argue something that is demonstrably wrong, so I'd suggest it's you who loves an argument.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

You've literally just made that quote up. This is what it actually says. Read it again slowly this time.

Hearts have been mentioned as a possible destination but it is believed that the club won’t be moving for the winger.

Hearts have been "mentioned" (i.e. by others, not the EEN) as a possible destination, but won't be moving for him. Two days before he signed. So they clearly didn't have a clue, which is my point.

Barry Anderson's "I'm not convinced they will (move for Moult)" is far less unequivocal than the statement above but is being taken as confirmation that he won't be signing.

It was you who responded to my post and are continuing to argue something that is demonstrably wrong, so I'd suggest it's you who loves an argument.

You wonder why folk are encouraging others to put you on ignore? Have a good night pal. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Let's be honest we're not going to get a prolific striker but if we can bring in a target man type that can bring others into play and add a different dimension up top then that should improve us further.

Let’s hope it’s someone that nobody has mentioned 😆🤞

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

In fairness it does mention GMS and Hearts as a possible destination. 

8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

You're wasting your time with this one, my friend!

Could change thread title to

Petty Squabble thread.

N.B Petty Squabble is not a French striker before you transfermarket aficionados rush off to check him out

bigsuperslim1874
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Petty Squabble thread.

N.B Petty Squabble is not a French striker before you transfermarket aficionados rush off to check him out

😂

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Petty Squabble thread.

YouTube clips? 

Its looking like big Lee Gregory is leaving Stoke. He's out of contract at the end of the season and a mate tells me they're trying to sign Cosgrove from Aberdeen as a replacement. 

His record with Stoke isn't excellent but looks alright elsewhere:

2011–2014 FC Halifax Town 129 (82)
2014–2019 Millwall 204 (64)
2019– Stoke City 46 (7)

32 y/o, but he's 6ft2, big strong aggressive striker who has at least got some goals to his name. Could be useful for next season but don't know what his wages will be like. Assuming Stoke will be paying an average of about £10k p/w... 

Just now, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Been told Moult isn’t leaving PNE this window.

He’s not fit and it will take months for him to get up to speed. I can’t see anyone taking a chance on him in this window until his fitness has been confirmed. Who knows, he might well be a target in the summer.

Maroonblood22
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s hope it’s someone that nobody has mentioned 😆🤞

As long as he's got an exotic name that's good enough for me :lol: 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I've always been jealour of teams in Scotland who've had really quick, dangerous wingers over the last few years.  There have been loads it seems at Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs and we've been on the receiving end a few times from it.  We tried it with Mulraney and basically he very very rarely used his pace, despite being possibly the quickest player in the league!

Having Ginelly is brilliant.  He's so direct.  His first thought every time he gets the ball is to drive forward.  Roberts is quick as hell too, and powerful.  Robbie needs to work hard on him to get him to use it.  He kept cutting back against Alloa.  Maybe it's a confidence thing.  It's so basic, but a guy who just runs and drives with the ball is a nightmare - I know, I was a FB in my uninspiring playing days!!  You might get the better of him 20 times, but if he gets past you the 21st, it's a goal.

Or you need to drop deep, but then the whole defence has to, and that opens space for Irving and Boyce etc to work.  If we get our target man, a deep defence allows him to boss them too, so it's a real problem for a defence to have real pace to think about.

I think part of the problem with Roberts cutting back, he does it in most games, is playing him on th right. His best performance was on the left against Dundee with Ginnelly on the right, although he’s been poor on the left too. As you say just use his pace, a frustrating player that others have obviously tried and failed to get him to do as you say, including some of the same ICT coaches who tried with Mulraney. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Maroonblood22 said:

As long as he's got an exotic name that's good enough for me :lol: 

Brexit means its unlikely to be exotic names, although Uches surname was quite difficult for the moronic commentators to master 😆

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, sadj said:

Indeed.....

Certainly helps to pass the time until someone complains and we all get in shit they get deleted and it goes back to slating each other and telling people someone isnt good enough for Hearts , is too good for Hearts or we can’t afford a pot to piss in so it won’t happen cause we can’t afford it

No fun anymore 

:sob:

colinmorewasgash
6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Drum roll....

Hibs in summer nap

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You wonder why folk are encouraging others to put you on ignore? Have a good night pal. 

Sound. Let's act was you who started a daft wee argument over an innocuous statement. :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

In fairness it does mention GMS and Hearts as a possible destination. 

It says "Hearts have been mentioned as a possible destination", and uses that as the framing to the main point that he won't be moving for him. It doesn't mention Hearts as a possible destination by itself, it's only referencing others mentioning it.

The point is that they clearly didn't know he was about to sign, in fact they believed the opposite. Just because the EEN don't know about it doesn't mean it's going to happen. I didn't think that statement would be particularly controversial, but here we are.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think part of the problem with Roberts cutting back, he does it in most games, is playing him on th right. His best performance was on the left against Dundee with Ginnelly on the right, although he’s been poor on the left too. As you say just use his pace, a frustrating player that others have obviously tried and failed to get him to do as you say, including some of the same ICT coaches who tried with Mulraney. 

Poor down the middle too. Bet ICT wouldn't take him back. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He’s not fit and it will take months for him to get up to speed. I can’t see anyone taking a chance on him in this window until his fitness has been confirmed. Who knows, he might well be a target in the summer.

The problem is he might never get back or take over a year to do so. Look at how long it took White/Wighton/Clare and now Haring, not to mention Souttar. Even Kingsley is not quite back to the level he was where he got caps. When you have two strikers at the club who are similar in style and injury prone I think it would be best to steer clear. A big guy and a quick one might be the way forward unless Savage can unearth someone who is both. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Poor down the middle too. Bet ICT wouldn't take him back. 

Possibly, not exactly done well in this tinpot league with better players around him. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )