January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

22 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

But they don't follow Hibs or (in her case) any other clubs that he's not played for. Odd.

We don't need any more dodgy knees up front tbh.

Anderson doesn't know everything that's going on, but he's broken plenty of transfer stories before they're ever mentioned on kickback.

Like telling his Twitter followers that Lafferty was at Easter road while he was actually in Tynecastle getting scarf above Heid photos taken? Or telling us that Naismith was never a player we had interest in? 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Like telling his Twitter followers that Lafferty was at Easter road while he was actually in Tynecastle getting scarf above Heid photos taken? Or telling us that Naismith was never a player we had interest in? 

So are you standing by your Moult story? 

12 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Ainsley Harriott
46 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Another insightful and informative post from you on a transfer thread.

🤣🤣 Murray has contacts, banderson just guesses and reads JKB.

I hope Barry doesn't read the info you put up he would be emptied pretty quick 

21 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Surely due diligence will have been done on Moults injuries by a qualified medical advisor/team on Hearts behalf.

They will know about recovery stages and the percentage chances of full recovery. 
Hearts wont dish out a contract on an injured player with no chance of a return.

I believe Dr Levein has rubber stamped the deal.

9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Lafferty was due to be at Easter Road for talks and only changed his mind at the last minute, as confirmed by the man himself in his Open Goal interview. In fact, Lafferty also confirmed that it looked like a deal wasn't going to be done with Hearts until we completely changed our offer on the last day, which kind of debunks the idea that it was a "done deal, announced tomorrow" several days earlier. It's worth pointing out that the BBC had us in talks with Lafferty before any threads appeared on here claiming a done deal.

I'll have to take your word for it that he said that about Naismith, but my post actually said he doesn't know everything. I do know he's come to plenty of stories before they're mentioned on here, and he's also investigated rumours from here and correctly reported them to be rubbish. It's a bit rich for you to accuse him of guessing based on existing speculation tbh.

29 minutes ago, Wilson said:

So are you standing by your Moult story? 

I am only passing on the update I was given.  If you're like most and like to have something to discuss or think over then you'll notice I just pass things on. Not upto me if you take any interest in what i post or not. I'm hardly looking to be the messiah  I just post what I am told. Some happen, some don't.  Various things change things and I'm not sitting here and forcing anyone to take my posts on or not.

I would just love people who constantly want to get on my case or abuse me to just press the ignore button if my posts aren't to their liking. Why not just scroll past my posts if you are not interested.  So many people on here take more enjoyment out of a move not happening and throwing abuse at me rather than just having a rumour  to discuss or be something to think about. 

I dont need the grief from posting a few things I pass on. I dont force people to believe me. Just please folks press the ignore button and skip my posts if all your going to do is slate me and send abuse my way. 

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Lafferty was due to be at Easter Road for talks and only changed his mind at the last minute, as confirmed by the man himself in his Open Goal interview. In fact, Lafferty also confirmed that it looked like a deal wasn't going to be done with Hearts until we completely changed our offer on the last day, which kind of debunks the idea that it was a "done deal, announced tomorrow" several days earlier. It's worth pointing out that the BBC had us in talks with Lafferty before any threads appeared on here claiming a done deal.

I'll have to take your word for it that he said that about Naismith, but my post actually said he doesn't know everything. I do know he's come to plenty of stories before they're mentioned on here, and he's also investigated rumours from here and correctly reported them to be rubbish. It's a bit rich for you to accuse him of guessing based on existing speculation tbh.

Have a look at the date on the Lafferty thread on here and find a media link that was dated before mine. I'm more than confident that I had mentioned it quite some time before any of the media did.

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Have a look at the date on the Lafferty thread on here and find a media link that was dated before mine. I'm more than confident that I had mentioned it quite some time before any of the media did.

23rd June: "Lafferty in talks with Hearts" https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40386520

25th June: "contract agreed"

Anyway, it's 2021, not 2017. It's probably time to put the Lafferty chat to rest.:lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

“ITK”

386D9CA2-A1A4-4954-8FF4-ADD47F69F48A.jpeg

I prefer Billie on my transfer threads thank you very much 

vlad on the tyne

The boy McCann at St Johnstone looks not a bad prospect, probably outwith our budget. 

If we can get damour off the wage bill we should free up a decent amount to bring in a better than average centre mid. Good recruitment is key now more than ever. Getting a player in who can push us towards promotion and also lay down a marker for next season. 

Edited by vlad on the tyne

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

...we are the Billie boys...

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

The boy McCann at St Johnstone looks not a bad prospect, probably outwith our budget. 

If we can get damour off the wage bill we should free up a decent amount to bring in a better than average centre mid. Good recruitment is key now more than ever. Getting a player in who can push us towards promotion and also lay down a marker for next season. 

Why would a st Johnston player be outside our budget unless you mean a fee

vlad on the tyne
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why would a st Johnston player be outside our budget unless you mean a fee

Transfer fee

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

I am only passing on the update I was given.  If you're like most and like to have something to discuss or think over then you'll notice I just pass things on. Not upto me if you take any interest in what i post or not. I'm hardly looking to be the messiah  I just post what I am told. Some happen, some don't.  Various things change things and I'm not sitting here and forcing anyone to take my posts on or not.

I would just love people who constantly want to get on my case or abuse me to just press the ignore button if my posts aren't to their liking. Why not just scroll past my posts if you are not interested.  So many people on here take more enjoyment out of a move not happening and throwing abuse at me rather than just having a rumour  to discuss or be something to think about. 

I dont need the grief from posting a few things I pass on. I dont force people to believe me. Just please folks press the ignore button and skip my posts if all your going to do is slate me and send abuse my way. 

Ignore the Roasters on here Daz ans there is plenty. The Ignore button is a wonderful invention on here 

Plenty of us love a rumour Daz.

You can't say fairer than that Daz. For what it's worth I enjoy the snippets.

39 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Ali McCann? went to royal high and i'm sure his brother played for hearts at youth level, possible jambo?

Not on your case, chief, just asking, given that others in MSM say different. Chill.

Dagger Is Back

Well said.

You keep on sharing what you hear. Only people who don’t know how football works, fail to understand how complicated a player signing can be from start to finish.

The ignore function I’d there and it’s easy to use. I’d suggest that those who don’t use it to block your posts are simply looking for a wee bit of online argy bargy.

They’re best ignored and not really worth your time in replying.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Quality player. Probably be a bench warmer for one of the ugly sisters soon enough. 

Tend to agree you have to be quick off the mark to get from even a bottom 6 club. 

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That would explain why he would follow those guys on social media, not the clubs they signed for.

I thought it was said that it is his wife who followed Hearts.

lost in space

Daz - keep posting please. Of course not everything that you hear is going to happen.

Hope you dont put the doubters on "ignore" - great banter between you and those who are jealous.

25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I thought it was said that it is his wife who followed Hearts.

No idea who she is so don’t know. He definitely follows Hearts on Twitter (and apparently Instagram too someone said).

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

keep the info coming Daza, most of us appreciate the snippets you do get. not everything is going to come off. get the odd piece here and there occasionally and some of it does tie in with your's, including stuff that hasn't come to pass

Ignore the haters Daz. You’ve got more right than wrong and that’s good enough. Keep the rumours coming real or made up I don’t care. 

Here’s my two pence worth and I’ll name my source. 

We are attempting to get Moult. Not new news as others have all ready stated that. My friend used to be the community officer at Motherwell and knows Moult very well due to that. He described the move as “very possible but depends on Preston”. That was Saturday morning. Same source replied “shite” when I asked if Frear was any good in the summer hahaha he seems reliable. 

WheatfieldWarrior
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thank ****, no more old crocks please. 

Players coming in need to be a higher standard than Motherwell tbh.

WheatfieldWarrior
10 hours ago, Chaps said:

Talks under way with Ginnely to sign a pre contract according to Barry Anderson.

Would be a good signing. Hope we can get this over the line.

If any of the "ignore the haters hun xx" posts are referencing me in any way then they clearly didn't actually follow the conversation.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if the Moult thing happens. Anderson and Murray are well placed to know but they aren't privy to every piece of transfer business. The EEN reported that we weren't interested in Mackay-Steven and he signed a few days later, for example.

6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

1 of only 2 I have. Think the other one is binned.  I'm patient but that took the biscuit 

Like 2 old gossipy women whispering behind their hands.

(Ignore) Reminds me of the wee boy hiding his face from his mother and because he can't see her, he thinks she can't see him:vrface:

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Players coming in need to be a higher standard than Motherwell tbh.

Is that not what I said? Have you seen me advocate signing any Motherwell players? 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

If any of the "ignore the haters hun xx" posts are referencing me in any way then they clearly didn't actually follow the conversation.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if the Moult thing happens. Anderson and Murray are well placed to know but they aren't privy to every piece of transfer business. The EEN reported that we weren't interested in Mackay-Steven and he signed a few days later, for example.

I think they said we were interested but that he was in talks with Aberdeen, which was all true. 

WheatfieldWarrior
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is that not what I said? Have you seen me advocate signing any Motherwell players? 

I think you said no crocks - all I intended was also no crocks that haven't played a higher level than Motherwell.

I don't think I am disagreeing with you :)

Pasquale for King
Just now, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think you said no crocks - all I intended was also no crocks that haven't played a higher level than Motherwell.

I don't think I am disagreeing with you :)

He’s played at Preston which is a higher level I think. 
So crocks are ok if they’ve played at a higher level than Motherwell? 
It’s late WW I’m maybe tired 😆
No crocks for me, whatever level 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

1 of only 2 I have. Think the other one is binned.  I'm patient but that took the biscuit 

Now he thinks we don’t know he can see our posts, I did ask those overworked mods if I could possibly not see anything he says but they said it’s not possible. Oh well, just need to keep ignoring him chasing me all over every thread. 

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think they said we were interested but that he was in talks with Aberdeen, which was all true. 

Two days before he signed:

GMS to Hearts?

Aberdeen are reportedly in talks with Gary Mackay-Steven over a return to Pittodire.

The winger left New York City last month.

Hearts have been mentioned as a possible destination but it is believed that the club won’t be moving for the winger.

Pasquale for King
Just now, DC_92 said:

Two days before he signed:

GMS to Hearts?

Aberdeen are reportedly in talks with Gary Mackay-Steven over a return to Pittodire.

The winger left New York City last month.

Hearts have been mentioned as a possible destination but it is believed that the club won’t be moving for the winger.

Its not that different to what I said, It doesn’t state categorically as you said that we weren’t interested. It’s quite vague really. You then had other articles talking about how secret it all was when it wasn’t. Just glad we signed him. 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s played at Preston which is a higher level I think. 
So crocks are ok if they’ve played at a higher level than Motherwell? 
It’s late WW I’m maybe tired 😆
No crocks for me, whatever level 👍🏽

I'd take a limp Messi. 

Barcelona-s-Lionel-Messi-dejected-as-walks-after-the-end-of-the-loss-to-Osasuna_17361590cdc_medium.jpg

We were keeping it quiet on GMS, as stated by the club already.   No reason to keep quiet on moult.   Hardly a secret we have connection to him.   Via Savage. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

We were keeping it quiet on GMS, as stated by the club already.   No reason to keep quiet on moult.   Hardly a secret we have connection to him.   Via Savage. 

I would rather they came out and said we don’t need another injury prone striker/player whose identical to what we’ve got that hasn’t kicked a ball in 18 months and might never again. 
Ive got PTSD from the these last few seasons of watching our club be a retirement home for crocks signed on deals where they get the same wages whether they play or not 🙄
Are we going to be linked with every PNE player, here’s hoping Joe has a much wider gaze 😆🤞

Dunno about Moult.

When he was at Motherwell, he was immense and if he is still at that level he'd be a cracking signing.

However, he's not really maintained that consistency after moving back down south and has had trouble with injuries. Seems a bit Stevie May territory, he might not be half the player he was.

Seems like a bit of a gamble if we are interested and I doubt he'd be cheap either. 

My lasting impression of moult is a player that scored through lots of energy, determination and talent.   He might not score as many like before but could come up with an odd goal.   I am not overly keen about it myself.    The GMS signing was ace though. I like him.    Can't wait until he scores v Raith. 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Indeed.....

Certainly helps to pass the time until someone complains and we all get in shit they get deleted and it goes back to slating each other and telling people someone isnt good enough for Hearts , is too good for Hearts or we can’t afford a pot to piss in so it won’t happen cause we can’t afford it

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )