January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cannavaro and Baresi 5’9” & Puyol 5’10”, all fantastic players, Hamilton has little or no chance of emulating them does he? Bobby Burns is left footed and the same height as Messi, for Instance. 

Don't think we shouted loud enough about this in the summer, Pasquale 😂

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

The point wasn't made about ability PFK, the point being made was he was too small -  he's 6 cm shorter than Beresi

Yes but you have to be excellent to be that height and play CH which is the point, he isn’t it’s that simple. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nae chance.... Gordon has never been able to kick a baw straight his entire career 😂

Indeed 😆

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't think we shouted loud enough about this in the summer, Pasquale 😂

I can’t believe it’s being brought up again 🙄

17 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nae chance.... Gordon has never been able to kick a baw straight his entire career 😂

Put Christophe in goals - he would have a chance:whistling:

colinmorewasgash
13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I doubt we can afford 150-200k that would probably release Stewart from Ross County. I'm not even sure it's worth it tbh.

Yet all I hear is Hibs are skint yet they seem to be splashing cash while we will wait as usual to see what strikers are left at end of January.They are still crap but they always seem to get half decent strikers who can score.

colinmorewasgash
Just now, colinmorewasgash said:

Yet all I hear is Hibs are skint yet they seem to be splashing cash while we will wait as usual to see what strikers are left at end of January.They are still crap but they always seem to get half decent strikers who can score.

Obviously being in lower division doesnt help us granted.

17 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

They maybe took the loan that premiership clubs can get

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, jambocub said:

They maybe took the loan that premiership clubs can get

Good point, they must’ve done considering that they had to pay half the deferred wages back in December, and seem to be linked with everyone who’s available. 

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

I hate to be that guy but... 

Berra: you made no posts about him prior to signing other than replying to another poster in February 2017 stating he’d be a good signing when that posted included Berra in his wish list. 

Naismith: not sure which signing you’re referring to but your first post about him signing in January 2018 was four days after the Scottish Sun reported our interest. In the summer of 2018, you reported we would be making the transfer permanent which did end up happening, but a year down the line. 

Stendel: you posted that he was in talks with the club two days after Barry Anderson posted an article on November 20th reporting Hearts had approached him. Not sure how to include screenshots but happy to send them to moderators or whatever 

You’ve got to laugh at this. Excellent research but FFS get more to your life 😏

HillmanHearts
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Roos Stewart leaving Ross county this month according to EEN and a hobo target

Quite fancied us going for Stewart from general tv coverage a few months ago - looked a real handful but tbh Ross County seem to be playing better without him just now. Think his scoring rate this season is quite pish.

Ironically Olly Shaw ( rejected by the hobos) is looking a player all of a sudden and grabbing a few goals.

( not that I’m suggesting we go for Olly Shaw )

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HillmanHearts said:

Quite fancied us going for Stewart from general tv coverage a few months ago - looked a real handful but tbh Ross County seem to be playing better without him just now. Think his scoring rate this season is quite pish.

Ironically Olly Shaw ( rejected by the hobos) is looking a player all of a sudden and grabbing a few goals.

You know Oli Shaw was at Hearts as a youngster eh 🙈?

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I doubt we can afford 150-200k that would probably release Stewart from Ross County. I'm not even sure it's worth it tbh.

We could use the money we got from the SG and rub their noses right in it. 

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

May not get striker till next week. Will cost money for two players we are looking at. There is an out of contract player we are talking with. But few championship and league one  teams down south are looking.

Surely we were aware that transfer fees would be involved..if you mean that money is holding the deal back? 

12 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Possibly the New Manager syndrome.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Possibly the New Manager syndrome.

Hughes has them working hard, I wish they wouldn’t put him on Sky Sports news all the time though it’s cringeworthy listening to his Leef pish. 

HillmanHearts
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You know Oli Shaw was at Hearts as a youngster eh 🙈?

Aye but was just a nipper 😊

Never Let Them Forget
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hughes has them working hard, I wish they wouldn’t put him on Sky Sports news all the time though it’s cringeworthy listening to his Leef pish. 

I think Yogi is great to listen too 🙈 and a really good manager.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Aye but was just a nipper 😊

I think they got some cash for him too. Good to see ex players doing well in the top league. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

I think Yogi is great to listen too 🙈 and a really good manager.

A cannae lisen tae mair thin aboot ten seconds like 😆
He starts ok but has failed at almost every club he’s been at.

Won the cup with ICT though. 

LarrysRightFoot
35 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

How many times have we (rightly) been accused of having a too big a squad in the recent past - Hibs must have a 1st team squad of about 50.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

How many times have we (rightly) been accused of having a too big a squad in the recent past - Hibs must have a 1st team midfield of about 50.

ftfy

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

How many times have we (rightly) been accused of having a too big a squad in the recent past - Hibs must have a 1st team squad of about 50.

Almost enough to take to Dubai 😱😆

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe we could train Craig to do this, wouldn’t need a new striker 😆

Pendant alert:

I need to look into this, you cannot score direct from a goal kick.

So, if a goal was awarded.

A. It was maybe a free kick.

B. An SFA ref was in charge.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Pendant alert:

You can score directly from a goal kick mate. Only way it doesn't count is if it somehow ends up in the goalies own net in which case a corner is awarded.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Pendant alert:

Not much of a ****ing pedant 😆, look all you want into this 🙈

5CEB9301-6771-4E57-9F9F-E258203AC397.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

You can score directly from a goal kick mate. Only way it doesn't count is if it somehow ends up in the goalies own net in which case a corner is awarded.

Indeed. 

27 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Eh?

And apparently just like a throw in a player can’t be offside if they receive the ball direct from a goal kick, which I only just found out tonight.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

And apparently just like a throw in a player can’t be offside if they receive the ball direct from a goal kick, which I only just found out tonight.

Omg are you kidding? Everyday is a school day. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Nice to be nice

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Eh?

If a GK takes a goal kick and he boots it into his in his own net it’s not a goal, a corner is awarded. 

5F7B3B8F-C45C-48D5-AAFB-7C8B7E888A1E.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Omg are you kidding? Everyday is a school day. 

Yeah Gary Lineker mentioned it on Twitter as people were saying Vardy should be offside when he wins a header. Not sure why teams who have keepers who can kick long don’t just sit forwards up in the opposition box and force the defence to go further back. Or even get wingers just run deep for a ping.

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Adebayo?

Cracking name btw.

According to Wiki his full name is...

Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yeah Gary Lineker mentioned it on Twitter as people were saying Vardy should be offside when he wins a header. Not sure why teams who have keepers who can kick long don’t just sit forwards up in the opposition box and force the defence to go further back. Or even get wingers just run deep for a ping.

He probably just found out too, he’s no guru on the rules. 
It’s been a rule for a long time, just looked it up and it also states you can’t be offside from a corner, and I was like 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Cracking name btw.

Reminds me of the noise I make when I pick something up . . . EAOOOAA 😆

Pasquale for King

Sounds interesting, a more skilful and mobile version of Uche maybe as his manager said recently “he’s unplayable on his day”. Just watched a couple of goals, seems like hes got good movement which he’s worked on and a good touch. Seems to be first choice just now. 

21 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Cracking name btw.

I shall call him E Aye E Aye Oh for short

Adebayo’s contract is up in the summer, so perhaps maybe we’ve signed him already on a pre-contract and now looking at possibility of getting him in now if it’s not going to break the bank?

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sounds interesting, a more skilful and mobile version of Uche maybe as his manager said recently “he’s unplayable on his day”. Just watched a couple of goals, seems like hes got good movement which he’s worked on and a good touch. Seems to be first choice just now. 

League 2 so ought to be in our range I’d have though

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Adebayo’s contract is up in the summer, so perhaps maybe we’ve signed him already on a pre-contract and now looking at possibility of getting him in now if it’s not going to break the bank?

Fingers crossed, he looks good. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

League 2 so ought to be in our range I’d have though

Yeah should be ok wages wise, it’s just of a deal can be done I suppose.

I’ve now watched a few clips and read a few articles, sign him up. Oh that’s how we used to sign players, my mistake. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s also playing at Walsall who are 11th in league 2. Unplayable in league 2 but how often is his day? Interestingly Wikipedia says he has played at centre half. Sounds like a Kevin McKenna bit of thinking. 

Scoring from a Goal-kick, I have never encountered.

I knew you can't be offside from one, so had it in my mind, you cant score also (as a throw-in)

Big faux pas by me. I'm a retired referee:vrface:

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Scoring from a Goal-kick, I have never encountered.

I knew you can't be offside from one, so had it in my mind, you cant score also (as a throw-in)

Big faux pas by me. I'm a retired referee:vrface:

Think it changed same time as they said you can score straight from kick off, and person kicking off not offside if in opponents half.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )