January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Sound. Let's act was you who started a daft wee argument over an innocuous statement. :laugh:

It says "Hearts have been mentioned as a possible destination", and uses that as the framing to the main point that he won't be moving for him. It doesn't mention Hearts as a possible destination by itself, it's only referencing others mentioning it.

The point is that they clearly didn't know he was about to sign, in fact they believed the opposite. Just because the EEN don't know about it doesn't mean it's going to happen. I didn't think that statement would be particularly controversial, but here we are.

It’s like we’re chatting on the phone and I say I’m thinking about going to Dundee on Thursday. I speak to you Friday and say I went to St Andrews instead. You spent Thursday thinking I was in Dundee. 

:lol: 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The problem is he might never get back or take over a year to do so. Look at how long it took White/Wighton/Clare and now Haring, not to mention Souttar. Even Kingsley is not quite back to the level he was where he got caps. When you have two strikers at the club who are similar in style and injury prone I think it would be best to steer clear. A big guy and a quick one might be the way forward unless Savage can unearth someone who is both. 

I think you are spot on there. My own feeling is that Wighton won’t be offered a contract so we’ll be looking for two in the summer. We are light in that department just now so I would not be surprised to see someone in on loan shortly.

haveyouheard1874

The January transfer window is usually poor,,ill take getting Ginnelly and Irvining signed, GMS was a cracker   as we walk the Championship. Though it would be sweet  bringing in a striker of note, can but hope

12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Poor down the middle too. Bet ICT wouldn't take him back. 

Roberts is just basically shit, no matter where he is played. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think you are spot on there. My own feeling is that Wighton won’t be offered a contract so we’ll be looking for two in the summer. We are light in that department just now so I would not be surprised to see someone in on loan shortly.

I think Neilson has always liked having options up front so I would expect him to get two in the summer too depending on who we get in the next few weeks I suppose , I agree Wighton will be away. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s like we’re chatting on the phone and I say I’m thinking about going to Dundee on Thursday. I speak to you Friday and say I went to St Andrews instead. You spent Thursday thinking I was in Dundee. 

:lol: 

I would be like, why is he going to Dundee instead of St Andrews 🤔🤪

20 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Poor down the middle too. Bet ICT wouldn't take him back. 

...the thing is, I don't think he's supposed to be in the middle. He's a winger but spends most of his time coming inside. This is what frustrates me. At least Frear stays on the wing - btw, I thought he had his best game for us on Saturday (I know that's not much of a testament... but remember, I couldn't see him in the first half - thanks cameraman!), took his goal well though.

I like to give players a fair bit of game time before making a judgement - but Roberts is not good enough... I even think RN is getting a bit exasperated with him.

The Old Tolbooth
6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ok, Savage connection, ex PNE, available end of season.

Drum roll....

Aiden McGeady:peepwall:

Can you imagine the sheer seethe from a brainless tiny minority section of our support? That seethe alone would be worth it :rofl: 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Can you imagine the sheer seethe from a brainless tiny minority section of our support? That seethe alone would be worth it :rofl: 

I think James Maclean might be available too 😱🤬?!?!

A lot of talk about wingers on this thread, not much point in fielding them unless the team plays the build up for them. In the early days of the season the wingers were getting the ball played square, to feet and with an opposition player in front of them, not many wingers could do much with that other than pass back or square again. Its getting better but should always be a ball to the winger goes through the channels to the space somewhere in front of the winger allowing him to reach the ball at full speed, still not happening often enough but is getting improved upon. Once that becomes second nature then it will show up for sure who the real wingers are and aren't.

7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ok, Savage connection, ex PNE, available end of season.

Drum roll....

Aiden McGeady:peepwall:

Yes please. 

5 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

A lot of talk about wingers on this thread, not much point in fielding them unless the team plays the build up for them. In the early days of the season the wingers were getting the ball played square, to feet and with an opposition player in front of them, not many wingers could do much with that other than pass back or square again. Its getting better but should always be a ball to the winger goes through the channels to the space somewhere in front of the winger allowing him to reach the ball at full speed, still not happening often enough but is getting improved upon. Once that becomes second nature then it will show up for sure who the real wingers are and aren't.

Hm....your right.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...the thing is, I don't think he's supposed to be in the middle. He's a winger but spends most of his time coming inside. This is what frustrates me. At least Frear stays on the wing - btw, I thought he had his best game for us on Saturday (I know that's not much of a testament... but remember, I couldn't see him in the first half - thanks cameraman!), took his goal well though.

I like to give players a fair bit of game time before making a judgement - but Roberts is not good enough... I even think RN is getting a bit exasperated with him.

Agreed. 
Was the camera work not the fancy new one that follows the ball, and went up and down the line with a baldy linesman early in the season? 
The other side of the pitch looked miles away, it took me a good few minutes to realise GMS was on and couldn’t see if it was a straight red. 

The Old Tolbooth
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think James Maclean might be available too 😱🤬?!?!

I'd have the popcorn out for that one :lol: 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Definitely, when Roberts received a ball like that with nobody in front of him he slowed down and cut inside then lost the ball. Irving is a bit deep to really play them, you could see GMS playing right on the line awaiting those passes. 

It seems to me from the various snippets posted that we have enquired about Moult but it would be for next season.

Makes absolute sense considering his current injury problems.

Was there not talk that we were pursuing 4 striker options for this window? I would hope this is continuing in the background and we can get someone in. Someone able to hit the ground running and add value to the team.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We need a big name player, someone with at least 10 letters and in any random order.

Gnanduillet :laugh:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Maroonblood22 said:

As long as he's got an exotic name that's good enough for me 

_112612120_tigerkingcompo.jpg

Edited by Sir Gio

14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We need a big name player, someone with at least 10 letters and in any random order.

How about Repaercuassooons... I've heard he's good to begin with but there's always, inevitably, trouble down the line? 🤔

Making slow but forward progress in a decision with a midfielder, on the striker front personally not mentioned him but seen a lot of talk about him I believe we did speak to moults agent about a loan but there was a disagreement on the plans for summer so we moved on to discussions with other targets. We are still hopeful of having one in this week so fingers crossed 🤞🏻

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Making slow but forward progress in a decision with a midfielder, on the striker front personally not mentioned him but seen a lot of talk about him I believe we did speak to moults agent about a loan but there was a disagreement on the plans for summer so we moved on to discussions with other targets. We are still hopeful of having one in this week so fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Cheers, any more about outbound movement?

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cheers, any more about outbound movement?

Nothing more than what’s currenly common knowledge still working on moving Bobby and damour out, once we get a striker in Henderson potentially may be loaned out at the end of the window 

1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

It seems to me from the various snippets posted that we have enquired about Moult but it would be for next season.

Makes absolute sense considering his current injury problems.

Was there not talk that we were pursuing 4 striker options for this window? I would hope this is continuing in the background and we can get someone in. Someone able to hit the ground running and add value to the team.

They had a list of 4 midfielders and were going to narrow it down to 2.

Edited by WDJ87

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Could change thread title to

Petty Squabble thread.

N.B Petty Squabble is not a French striker before you transfermarket aficionados rush off to check him out

Yep, and just dust it off each window, saving having to open new threads for rinsing and repeating to take place.

Maroonblood22
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

_112612120_tigerkingcompo.jpg

Would give defenders something to worry about anyway :lol: 

Oh and... "it was that bitch Carol Baskin!"

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Sounds about right 👍🏻 , def want that striker in this window , frustrated its not happened yet as its been one of the two main goals since we started planning for this window. 

Edited by sadj

Hibs fans going daft (in the "no" sense) coz the rumour of Lafferty signing for them is circulating. My favourite so far was "he's burnt his bridges with Hibs!" Didn't know he even had any bridges with them! Total mupps!

Just now, jambonian said:

Hibs fans going daft (in the "no" sense) coz the rumour of Lafferty signing for them is circulating. My favourite so far was "he's burnt his bridges with Hibs!" Didn't know he even had any bridges with them! Total mupps!

He maybe tried to burn-down the Bridge Of Doom after a few jars one night?   :huh:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Na thats a lie , that ones far too cute for an Aberdonian. 

North Sea Tiger  :)

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

North Sea Tiger  :)

🤣🤣 Bugging me now but what set of platforms had a tiger as their wee motif under the names. (Going back to late 80s early 90s here) 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣 Bugging me now but what set of platforms had a tiger as their wee motif under the names. (Going back to late 80s early 90s here) 

Before my time  :rofl:

ginger jambo98
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Esso with the slogan “put a tiger in your tank”.

13 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Esso with the slogan “put a tiger in your tank”.

Na it was a group of oil rigs , not sure if they still do but you used to get clothing for the different rigs and one lot of them had a wee tiger under the rig name

lost in space

I have been know to go "off topic" but tigers and north sea clothing???

Could somebody come up with a reasonable suggested signing?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, sadj said:

😒 Awaiii you were nursing home age in the 60s

Haha, heading for one now I think 

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Haha, heading for one now I think 

Ach i still love ya pal , ill visit ya once a year from 2025 when its allowed again

40 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I have been know to go "off topic" but tigers and north sea clothing???

Could somebody come up with a reasonable suggested signing?

Well if they would just let us populate the thread with the odd Billie pic....Theres not much movement on signings as another poster alluded to a few posts ago. Suggested signings or ideas just got the usual bitchy comments yesterday so most are prob not bothering there arse til those posters wind their necks in. 

So.....turning it around who would you sign or why? What positions would you want to replace/upgrade til the end of the season. (Lets assume covid wasnt a factor in decisions of players at mo)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ach i still love ya pal , ill visit ya once a year from 2025 when its allowed again

Well if they would just let us populate the thread with the odd Billie pic....Theres not much movement on signings as another poster alluded to a few posts ago. Suggested signings or ideas just got the usual bitchy comments yesterday so most are prob not bothering there arse til those posters wind their necks in. 

So.....turning it around who would you sign or why? What positions would you want to replace/upgrade til the end of the season. (Lets assume covid wasnt a factor in decisions of players at mo)

In the year 2525, could be a song......

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Does it not go back to when we first signed him? Seem to recall he held talks with them, even although he knew he was signing for us.

Could be wrong though.

On 18/01/2021 at 15:45, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Cannavaro was absolutely incredible. Will never forget that 2006 WC semi. Made Germania look like a pub team. 

Two of the best defenders of all time Franco Beresi and Carlos Puyol Not much bigger i'd guess 

As for him marking Uche just wait til he falls over the ball or tries to control it 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )