January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

What’s worrying me,Neilson very much an admirer

But it can't be Butcher who Daza is referring to as he said a midfielder has signed a pre-contract and Butcher still has over 2 years left on his current deal.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yeah I know but hes away now. We’re a different animal now.

I’m not concerned about it if our medical team are happy.

I wouldnt have said that a year ago!

Edit: & BTW, I dont know why folk say that about magic beans. Afterall, they worked. The wee man got the goose that laid the golden eggs. Just saying

🤷‍♂️

(You got any? 😁)

We do seem to have less injuries so fingers crossed, especially if we sign that old crock Moult. 
Ate the beans 😆

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I have some magic beans you might be interested in PJ.

Did we ever see what Professor of Medicine Leveins 2nd investigation into the medical department concluded 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?!

Oh dear.  PfK's obsession with CL continues.  Maybe he himself should see a Professor of Medicine/Psychology/Psychiatry to see about cleansing his head of this seemingly long term affliction.  Time is not healing too quickly.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Looks like Moult will probably be in this week. Midfielder has been signed on a pre contract. Both clubs not wanting to announce yet, as Hearts think its disrespectful to the current team while still employed. We are in talks with doing the deal and getting him in now for a small fee or end of season loan but not going all out for that to happen. Happy to wait until summer. 

Defender on loan from EPL in discussions but not sure if will come off or not yet

Interesting. Moult is one of these Sutton, Boyce, Sammon signings who had a great season or two in Scotland before going to England and you just hope he can do the same again.

As we're looking for an attacking midfielder and assuming he's in Scotland, which is why the "out of respect" thing came up as it might make life tricky for someone at another Scottish team, a filter of Transfermarkt for out of contract in summer AMs brings up Peter Pawlett, Dillon Powers and Dylan Connolly. Neilson has signed Pawlett twice already and signed Powers for D Utd. Connolly is younger and can also play both wings according to Transfermarkt. 

Liam Lindsay (ex Partick central defender) seems to have been out of the picture at  Stoke for some time but was decent a couple of years or so ago.  One downside to a loan would be his lack of match fitness,

Can't be much fun down there and not playing.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Interesting. Moult is one of these Sutton, Boyce, Sammon signings who had a great season or two in Scotland before going to England and you just hope he can do the same again.

As we're looking for an attacking midfielder and assuming he's in Scotland, which is why the "out of respect" thing came up as it might make life tricky for someone at another Scottish team, a filter of Transfermarkt for out of contract in summer AMs brings up Peter Pawlett, Dillon Powers and Dylan Connolly. Neilson has signed Pawlett twice already and signed Powers for D Utd. Connolly is younger and can also play both wings according to Transfermarkt. 

Moult was at Motherwell for 2 and half seasons and was excellent in all 3 seasons so I wouldn't be mentioning him in the same breath as Sutton and Sammon (even for the purposes of your example).

The only reason he is available is because of his bad injury so how he rebounds from that will be the issue as he has the quality.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Moult was at Motherwell for 2 and half seasons and was excellent in all 3 seasons so I wouldn't be mentioning him in the same breath as Sutton and Sammon (even for the purposes of your example).

The only reason he is available is because of his bad injury so how he rebounds from that will be the issue as he has the quality.

He seems to fit the criteria

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I'm not getting the "out of respect for current employer" bit, loads of teams announce pre-contracts, including us. 

It’s actually more in respect of the fan base. Clubs don’t want fans thinking the player’s mind is elsewhere. For example we signed up Halkett in the January but only announced days after Livingston were mathematically secure from relegation.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He seems to fit the criteria

Maybe in terms of goals scored but both players have never even played one season at the standard Moult played at in all 3 at Motherwell.

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Campbell doesn't score many goals either, I would be surprised if we were after polworth or Campbell. 

For summer 

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

For summer 

Robbie stated “We need somebody who is going to get forward and get goals," the Hearts boss confirmed.

He was taking about someone to replace Lee. Both Campbell and polworth don't fit the bill. 

13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I'm not getting the "out of respect for current employer" bit, loads of teams announce pre-contracts, including us. 

Thought you were going to delete your account if I was proved correct previously? I was, but yet your still on here seeking attention on transfer threads that you have been found out on.

As for the part I've put in bold, truly a surprise to see an "agent" not understand these things. 

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Thought you were going to delete your account if I was proved correct previously? I was, but yet your still on here seeking attention on transfer threads that you have been found out on.

As for the part I've put in bold, truly a surprise to see an "agent" not understand these things. 

🤐

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Robbie stated “We need somebody who is going to get forward and get goals," the Hearts boss confirmed.

He was taking about someone to replace Lee. Both Campbell and polworth don't fit the bill. 

He was talking about the player we want this window, not summer 

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I don’t think it will be either of them this window but in the summer.

10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Campbell doesn't score many goals either, I would be surprised if we were after polworth or Campbell. 

Go stalk them on Twitter and Instagram, see if you can get A̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ exclusive. 

4 hours ago, Hood09 said:

It’s polworth

I Hope not, 1 goal in 49 appearances is hardly prolific, The only player i would take from Motherwell is Campbell. 

Would take Kiltie from killie, but unsure if he is a cm as he is listed as Lw on transfermarket.

7 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Thought you were deleting your account after Daz proved you wrong last time???? Yet you are still here with a weird obsession with the guy and haven't kept your word on deleting your account 

Please explain AJ 

13 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Thought you were deleting your account after Daz proved you wrong last time???? Yet you are still here with a weird obsession with the guy and haven't kept your word on deleting your account 

Please explain AJ 

Remember when you wanted Hibs to beat us in the derby. You should probably have deleted your account also?

13 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Still believe he won a competition at e.g. Butlins where the prize was a pro contract. Absolute imposter. 

But harsh. The boy always tried hard but just didn't manage to impose himself (in the worst Hearts team I think I've ever seen, with awful coaching, no fixed style and all our best player constantly injured)

I really liked Sean and was rooting for him to click for us but we won't miss him so correct decision to cut ties.

He did his very best to step up and I respect that.

We've had imposter. Claire wasn't one.  Just a lad trying, perhaps struggling, to make a career.

Imo of course.

Gimme an H...
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

But harsh. The boy always tried hard but just didn't manage to impose himself (in the worst Hearts team I think I've ever seen, with awful coaching, no fixed style and all our best player constantly injured)

I really liked Sean and was rooting for him to click for us but we won't miss him so correct decision to cut ties.

We've had imposter. Claire wasn't one.  Just a lad trying, perhaps struggling, to make a career.

Imo of course.

Correct. He looked as though he found his position at RWB and was actually very good in a handful of games there. Unfortunately the damage was already done when he was played week in week out despite turning out some woeful performances. Not his fault, it was the managers. 

Always had the balls to step up for penalties though, despite the abuse he used to get from his own fans. Felt sorry for him. Hope he makes it somewhere. 

27 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Please explain AJ 

🤐

14 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Remember when you wanted Hibs to beat us in the derby. You should probably have deleted your account also?

😂 

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

I assume Declan Gallagher is going to Celtic but if not we should be seeing what he wants

BBC Gossip page :

Dundee United are willing to make Scotland centre-half Declan Gallagher one of their highest-paid players, but they face competition from Aberdeen, Cardiff City and Queens Park Rangers for the 29-year-old who has also been linked with Celtic and is a handful of appearances away from triggering an automatic contract extension with Motherwell.

Jamboscanbevicius

Would love to see us bring one or two more in, but would be more focused on pre-contacts. There are some decent ones knocking around.

IMO the biggest signings we could make are new contracts for Kingsley and Irving, and keeping Gino beyond his loan. All are for enough for step back up! 

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

3 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

BBC Gossip page :

Dundee United are willing to make Scotland centre-half Declan Gallagher one of their highest-paid players, but they face competition from Aberdeen, Cardiff City and Queens Park Rangers for the 29-year-old who has also been linked with Celtic and is a handful of appearances away from triggering an automatic contract extension with Motherwell.

Highly unlikely that he will join them or us for that matter. He’s clearly looking to maximise his last big chance at earning big wages

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Highly unlikely that he will join them or us for that matter. He’s clearly looking to maximise his last big chance at earning big wages

he will want to move to a bigger club surely. 

34 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

🤐

You should buddy up with another poster on here ,  we could call you zippy & Bongo 😄

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We do seem to have less injuries so fingers crossed, especially if we sign that old crock Moult. 
Ate the beans 😆

Hope not...or he'll have bean stalks for legs :muggy:

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Liam Lindsay (ex Partick central defender) seems to have been out of the picture at  Stoke for some time but was decent a couple of years or so ago.  One downside to a loan would be his lack of match fitness,

Can't be much fun down there and not playing.

Lack of fitness not an issue imo. This league is done. We win it with current squad.

Players we bring in now, we're building for next season. With that in mind, I'd be up for Lindsay. Good player. Did well at Barnsley too.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Imo of course.

He also never played in a Hearts team that had any confidence in itself. He didn't start playing until after our winning run had gone. With fans on the players back, trying to get up to speed and was expected to make the big difference.

As you say he never stopped trying. And when he got a proper coach in, it was no surprise he improved. He is another player that came at the wrong time.

My only worry about signing Moult is that he turns out to be our very own Daniel Prodan.  That being said, he's a proven goalscorer in the Scottish top flight if he can stay fit.

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He also never played in a Hearts team that had any confidence in itself. He didn't start playing until after our winning run had gone. With fans on the players back, trying to get up to speed and was expected to make the big difference.

As you say he never stopped trying. And when he got a proper coach in, it was no surprise he improved. He is another player that came at the wrong time.

Yup, that's how I see things with Sean too.  Also started playing before he was ready.  He hadn't played for something like 7/8 months due to injury and the plan had been to ease him in, but he got chucked in when all our injuries cropped up.

Look, it didn't work out, but I just hate when guys are called imposters or thieves etc.  99.9% of the time, they're just guys doing their best.  There are millions of reasons things don't work out.  Some on and some off the pitch.

What I will just never understand is getting on our own players' backs.  Cos, lets not kid ourselves, this place mirrors a lot of the atmos in Tynie.  Yeah if the team is shit, boo the team, I suppose, if that makes you feel better, helps you go back to the wife and back to subservience, or back to your empty flat and maybe only have 6 tugs that night, but to boo individuals???! How's that helping anyone?

If I see a guy struggling for form and confidence, but with very obvious ability, I want him to conquer his issues and start storming it for Hearts - my team - so I kind of think encouraging him may help.  You know: "supporting" him.

I really just don't get it.  When you see people booing or the ones who nearly fall over the seat infront of them when the team's read out and the likes of Clare's name is read... my first thought is always: you know very, very little about football; you may know even less about people.  Essentially they're thick.

You might be able to tell, but it's my biggest pet peeve.  I genuinely don't know if Hearts fans are any worse for it than other sets of supporters, but I would love us to just get behind our players.  I had a guy behind me a couple of seasons back who just moaned and moaned and moaned, really loudly.  All woe betide me type stuff.  Personally insulted when a player misplaces a pass or miscontrolled the ball.  But also moaned when a player did something very well that didn't quite come off, you know.  Like the fullback is one on one with their winger and ushers him wide, waiting for support: close um doooooon -taaaaackle uuummmmm!!!  He wailed every single time Djoum got the ball and went on and on about how lazy he was, even the times he was the best and hardest working player on the park!  Why was he at at the game, I always wondered?  He doesn't enjoy it.  He doesn't even understand it.  It truly baffled me!!!

The kind of guy that when Hearts scored, you wanted to say "get it up ye!"  How does that work?  Surely you should want to say that to the opposition fans!!!!!

Rantage!

StevenNaismith

Declan Gallagher would be mad to sign for anyone before the Euros, he’s likely to start for Scotland at the tournament and if he keeps up his recent performances in dark blue then he will have a whole host of clubs chasing after his signature. We could have signed him when he left Livingston but his past behaviour was held against him and we went for Halkett instead. 

32 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Lack of fitness not an issue imo. This league is done. We win it with current squad.

Players we bring in now, we're building for next season. With that in mind, I'd be up for Lindsay. Good player. Did well at Barnsley too.

Lindsay is about as pie in the sky as Dunne IMO. He's at a crucial stage in his career at 25, will be looking to revive it, and there's absolutely no way that he'll see dropping down to the Scottish Championship as a way to do that. His deal with Stoke still has 18 months to run. 

Absolutely no chance. 

6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Declan Gallagher would be mad to sign for anyone before the Euros, he’s likely to start for Scotland at the tournament and if he keeps up his recent performances in dark blue then he will have a whole host of clubs chasing after his signature. We could have signed him when he left Livingston but his past behaviour was held against him and we went for Halkett instead. 

His problem is that if he plays another 3/4 games for Well then another year on his contract is triggered. He either leaves now or summer 22 unless someone gives Well big money. 

StevenNaismith
Just now, soonbe110 said:

His problem is that if he plays another 3/4 games for Well then another year on his contract is triggered. He either leaves now or summer 22 unless someone gives Well big money. 

Wasn’t aware of that. In that case, he will sign for Celtic.

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Lindsay is about as pie in the sky as Dunne IMO. He's at a crucial stage in his career at 25, will be looking to revive it, and there's absolutely no way that he'll see dropping down to the Scottish Championship as a way to do that. His deal with Stoke still has 18 months to run. 

Absolutely no chance. 

You sure?  I think there's probably a fair bit of chat about this season being done in a way.  Especially if he isn't plahing just now, the sell from us would be next season.  And here are the plans: we're aiming top 3 next season, which means Scotland caps etc.  You up for the fight?  and if the money is right, you have a good case.

Will depend who else is in for him, but not playing for Stoke, so wonder how much interest there would be down south above L1.  So it's the usual suitors, we're up against - Aberdeen, Hibs, L1 teams.  We'd have a good chance imo.

You never know of course.  And, yeah 18 months is an issue, but again they may just want him off wage bill.  Whats his worth?  COuld they get a fee?  Don't know.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

he will want to move to a bigger club surely. 

With his name there is only one club he will want to go to.

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You sure?  I think there's probably a fair bit of chat about this season being done in a way.  Especially if he isn't plahing just now, the sell from us would be next season.  And here are the plans: we're aiming top 3 next season, which means Scotland caps etc.  You up for the fight?  and if the money is right, you have a good case.

Will depend who else is in for him, but not playing for Stoke, so wonder how much interest there would be down south above L1.  So it's the usual suitors, we're up against - Aberdeen, Hibs, L1 teams.  We'd have a good chance imo.

You never know of course.  And, yeah 18 months is an issue, but again they may just want him off wage bill.  Whats his worth?  COuld they get a fee?  Don't know.

Yeah of course - the sell for any player we bring in (this season or next) will be for next season. Pushing for 3rd place/European football and so on is a great selling point, but I don't think its big enough in this case. Considering Stoke paid something like £2M for him not 2 seasons ago, and the fact that he'll be on £10-12k p/w, 1) They're not going to let him leave for nothing; 2) We're not going to be able to offer any sort of fee that they'd be happy with; and 3) He'd need to take a >50% wage cut.

Not gonna happen. But of course I would love to be wrong because he'd be an instant upgrade on our current CB choices.

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I totally agree. Next season should be what this window is all about. Pre-contracts, players a couple of months away from fitness, young guys who need a bit of coaching to bring them up to the required level. If they can play a part this season then great.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )