January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Na it was a group of oil rigs , not sure if they still do but you used to get clothing for the different rigs and one lot of them had a wee tiger under the rig name

image.jpeg.830e5dc909f462e187916196b9cbd510.jpeg

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

LarrysRightFoot

Sorry to interrupt the North Sea thread - EEN are reporting we have scouted Robert at Airdrie.

We have been linked with him so not really news other than he’s likely to stay at Airdrie for the rest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Sorry to interrupt the North Sea thread - EEN are reporting we have scouted Robert at Airdrie.

We have been linked with him so not really news other than he’s likely to stay at Airdrie for the rest of the season. 

I get he went to Airdrie to gain first team experience but that is all I get. Why Airdrie? Surely he could have found something of a similar level in France or England. Why pitch up at a backwater in Scotland. I don’t understand. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get he went to Airdrie to gain first team experience but that is all I get. Why Airdrie? Surely he could have found something of a similar level in France or England. Why pitch up at a backwater in Scotland. I don’t understand. 

Airdrie is lovely

If you come from Barlanark

22 hours ago, DC_92 said:

23rd June: "Lafferty in talks with Hearts" https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40386520

25th June: "contract agreed"

Anyway, it's 2021, not 2017. It's probably time to put the Lafferty chat to rest.:lol:

Do the same for Berra, Naismith, Stendel

Edited by dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This threads boring.

Random Shouts please,I’ll go 1st.

Elias Mar Ommarsson.Can’t reveal my source....

That is random. Cumdog is what the thread needs though. 

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This threads boring.

He's some player... Too good for us. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣 Bugging me now but what set of platforms had a tiger as their wee motif under the names. (Going back to late 80s early 90s here) 

Not the Brent Bravo when I worked there 90-91. 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Two of the best defenders of all time Franco Beresi and Carlos Puyol Not much bigger i'd guess 

As for him marking Uche just wait til he falls over the ball or tries to control it 

Cannavaro and Baresi 5’9” & Puyol 5’10”, all fantastic players, Hamilton has little or no chance of emulating them does he? Bobby Burns is left footed and the same height as Messi, for Instance. 

Pasquale for King

Had a quick look to see if Hamilton Accies had put out a statement about Lennon and found an article linking them with Kyle Lafferty as he lives in East Kilbride 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️? Surely not 🙈

33 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Two of the best defenders of all time Franco Beresi and Carlos Puyol Not much bigger i'd guess 

As for him marking Uche just wait til he falls over the ball or tries to control it 

These guys are rare exceptions to an otherwise pretty constant requirement that a good CB is 6 foot plus. They also played in counties where they don't play hoof ball so they weren't defending high balls with an Uche over their shoulder. 

Hamilton is 5'7" if he's lucky. Think someone on here knows him and said he's not even that. Every team would just play their big guy against him and they'd bully him silly. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Had a quick look to see if Hamilton Accies had put out a statement about Lennon and found an article linking them with Kyle Lafferty as he lives in East Kilbride 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️? Surely not 🙈

Lives in East Kilbride.

Linked with Hamilton.

Linked with Hibs.

Now that's what I call down on your luck. 

55 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

👌🏻 Superb where did you find that 😮

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not the Brent Bravo when I worked there 90-91. 

Arite grandad!!! 

On the footie chat - Robert then 👍🏻 

36 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This threads boring.

Nope , not enough letters to be worth a punt

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Arite grandad!!! 

On the footie chat - Robert then 👍🏻 

I was 20, I still live in town not a retirement village with one shop 🤣😆

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cannavaro and Baresi 5’9” & Puyol 5’10”, all fantastic players, Hamilton has little or no chance of emulating them does he? Bobby Burns is left footed and the same height as Messi, for Instance. 

Cannavaro was also built like a middleweight boxer. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Lives in East Kilbride.

Linked with Hamilton.

Linked with Hibs.

Now that's what I call down on your luck. 

I can’t see him signing for either of those two, surely 😆

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Type 'north sea rigs tiger motif' into google

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

That looks familiar, my old man liked a “transfer” from company to company and maybe had a bag with that design on it. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Exactly. I’m 5’7” and the idea of playing as a centre half is laughable. 

Neilson gave him a shot at it but soon realised it wasn’t happening, hopefully he can adapt and be the new Kante 🤔.

That looks familiar, my old man liked a “transfer” from company to company and maybe had a bag with that design on it. 

image.jpeg.b04f54b7ce283f59dd430c49843fc6ce.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

image.jpeg.e76916aad0795db9b668948d00c292ea.jpeg

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Should get in there first. 

It has been mentioned on here. With Halliday signing it’s not like being an Uber Hun is a barrier. 

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Roos Stewart leaving Ross county this month according to EEN and a hobo target

Everyone is a hobo target according to EEN.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Does it not go back to when we first signed him? Seem to recall he held talks with them, even although he knew he was signing for us.

Could be wrong though.

Right.

ooh-aah-cantona

I didn’t realise ex Hearts youth Harry Paton is out of contract at Ross County at the end of the season.

I came across this interview with him and I hadn’t realised it was Neilson that signed him.

Might be a left field shout for us to replace Olly Lee with him.

Edited by ooh-aah-cantona

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

I didn’t realise ex Hearts youth Harry Paton is out of contract at Ross County at the end of the season.

I came across this interview with him and I hadn’t realised it was Neilson that signed him.

Seems to have done really well at County.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Does it not go back to when we first signed him? Seem to recall he held talks with them, even although he knew he was signing for us.

Could be wrong though.

Keith Gillespie was trying to do a deal between Hibs and Lafferty but the big guy knew nothing about it, they were waiting on him at ER but Gillespie isn’t even his agent. You can imagine how well Lennon took that 🤬😆🤪

6 minutes ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

I would be surprised. Not wanting to be disrespectful to Paton as he is doing well for himself but I think we will be aiming higher.

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was 20, I still live in town not a retirement village with one shop 🤣😆

😒🤣

34 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Type 'north sea rigs tiger motif' into google

🤣🤘🏻👍🏻

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Do the same for Berra, Naismith, Stendel

I hate to be that guy but... 

Berra: you made no posts about him prior to signing other than replying to another poster in February 2017 stating he’d be a good signing when that posted included Berra in his wish list. 

Naismith: not sure which signing you’re referring to but your first post about him signing in January 2018 was four days after the Scottish Sun reported our interest. In the summer of 2018, you reported we would be making the transfer permanent which did end up happening, but a year down the line. 

Stendel: you posted that he was in talks with the club two days after Barry Anderson posted an article on November 20th reporting Hearts had approached him. Not sure how to include screenshots but happy to send them to moderators or whatever 

Gimme an H...
6 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Berra: you made no posts about him prior to signing other than replying to another poster in February 2017 stating he’d be a good signing when that posted included Berra in his wish list. 

Naismith: not sure which signing you’re referring to but your first post about him signing in January 2018 was four days after the Scottish Sun reported our interest. In the summer of 2018, you reported we would be making the transfer permanent which did end up happening, but a year down the line. 

Stendel: you posted that he was in talks with the club two days after Barry Anderson posted an article on November 20th reporting Hearts had approached him. Not sure how to include screenshots but happy to send them to moderators or whatever 

🤣 Calm doon Columbo 

6 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

You actually love to be that guy eh. 😂😂

May not get striker till next week. Will cost money for two players we are looking at. There is an out of contract player we are talking with. But few championship and league one  teams down south are looking.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wonder what odds Lafferty and his potential new Manager have got on that one?

Pasquale for King
Just now, wavydavy said:

Wonder what odds Lafferty and his potential new Manager have got on that one?

Hahahahaha yeah that wouldn’t be a good combo right enough 😆

Hahahahaha yeah that wouldn’t be a good combo right enough 😆

Certainly not. 😍

Edited by wavydavy

52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe we could train Craig to do this, wouldn’t need a new striker 😆

Nae chance.... Gordon has never been able to kick a baw straight his entire career 😂

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The point wasn't made about ability PFK, the point being made was he was too small -  he's 6 cm shorter than Beresi

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )