January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

Johnson should of made us well over a million really bad call whoever let him leave 

Terrible call by Cathro. He was unplayable at times after he got up to full fitness and started scoring. He could have been our Cosgrove. Although we did bring in Lafferty but not sure if that was luck or the plan.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The SPFL should be stepping in and telling them they can’t sign anyone. They’ve already got a wage bill that’s about 125% of their turnover, based on last season when crowds were in the ground. Christ knows what it will be for this season.  And as Hearts fans we know more than most how that doesn’t work. 

their American owners are operating under the delusion that DUFC are a big club and it will right itself. They are however incorrect 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You also said " absolutely no chance" which with respect hardly indicates OPINION

That's your opinion.................

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Wonder what he's up to nowadays.  He was just starting to come good when Robbie left the 1st time round then Cathro ruined his time at Hearts.

He's in Korea just now...cost about 3m in total transfers since he left us.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He's in Korea just now...cost about 3m in total transfers since he left us.

Jesus.  I knew he had had a few big transfer.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

their American owners are operating under the delusion that DUFC are a big club and it will right itself. They are however incorrect 

They are indeed. A very good small club under one manager for a brief period in Scottish football history and virtually anonymous the rest of the time, battling with Killie and co for a top 6 place each season. Only 11th in the all time league table despite their 80s successes. To be a sleeping giant you have to be a giant first. Still think merging the two Dundee clubs could be in the cards again. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Barry Anderson and Ewan Murray say we're not pursuing Moult. Says Preston have put him about clubs for a loan move but Hearts not pursued it so far.

kingantti1874

I’m not surprised .. we have been bitten before with players with injuries.. would revisit in summer depending on how he goes

4 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Barry Anderson and Ewan Murray say we're not pursuing Moult. Says Preston have put him about clubs for a loan move but Hearts not pursued it so far.

Usually as good sources as you would get from within the club.

4 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Ewan Murray and Barry Anderson both saying no Hearts interest in Moult. 

Meh. Probably not what we need right now anyway and might be more of a long term project to get him back to fitness and form. Always a risk it wouldn't work considering the nature of his injury. 

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Usually as good sources as you would get from within the club.

Agree. Moult didn't sit right with me with his recent injury record anyway. Interested to see who we're pursuing instead.

32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Terrible call by Cathro. He was unplayable at times after he got up to full fitness and started scoring. He could have been our Cosgrove. Although we did bring in Lafferty but not sure if that was luck or the plan.

Did some Dutch team no buy him for 3.5 million? 
Cathro how he never seen that the boy can play is just incredible 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, biffy said:

Banderson and Ewan murray saying very unlikely we’ll sign moult 

Thank ****, no more old crocks please. 

11 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Not got a feeling either way about him, but makes his following of Hearts on social media all the more perplexing. (Not that it was anything concrete anyway)

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, j1964m said:

Moult been injured since August waste of wage and time 

August 2019 mate. Not kicked a ball in all that time. We are after a striker and Savage was at PNE so 2+2 = 5. 

1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

WJ used to work behind the bar at the jooglie bridge, I mentioned I was at tynie that day, he says that’s all I seem to have done at hearts in a sarcastic way so I says that’s accurate aye 😀

I remember him working at the jooglie. He was out with his wife when I was speaking to him in Port Seton (I think he lives there now) so he was probably a bit more mellow at the time. Got the impression he wasnt really a big Hearts fan though.

Would still love us to get Moult when fit but he doesn't fit Robbie's description of the type of striker he's looking for this window so not too surprised we're unlikely to get home now.

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not got a feeling either way about him, but makes his following of Hearts on social media all the more perplexing. (Not that it was anything concrete anyway)

Ginnelly and Savage are both at Hearts and PNE before that so he will know both of them.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Should definitely use Berra's wages on Findlay or Lindsay...left sided and you know what you're getting. We need more value for money...(I know Berra was at the time).

Berra > Findlay or Lindsay

Damour > Campbell

Walker > Jones

White > Ginnelly

Wighton > Moult

Frear and Roberts > Gnanduillet

Lee > Give it to Irving

And that's before you punt Zlamal and Doyle as well. If Ann and our benefactors are still reeling, no reason we can't build a decent squad.

Right, I'm away back to Football Manager.

And btw, I'm not saying we should sign them all...just highlighting the ridiculous waste of money on garbage. Sick of projects...GMS and potentially Moult suggests we're learning lessons.

Kingsley would probably sign tomorrow if we gave him the terms Oshaniwa was on 🤦‍♂️

Obviously skipped the maths class :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Obviously skipped the maths class :lol:

The only one unrealistic is the Wighton > Moult but it wasn't a like for like contract swap. 

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Sounds like someone has been pretending to be ITK again and some are still gullible enough to believe him 😂😂

Agree. Anderson and Murray kidding us all on again. Shameless that pair 😏

Dougie Masterton
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Sounds like someone has been pretending to be ITK again and some are still gullible enough to believe him 😂😂

If you fire enough bullets, you’re bound to hit something sometime. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ain’t that the truth 

1 of only 2 I have. Think the other one is binned.  I'm patient but that took the biscuit 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The only one unrealistic is the Wighton > Moult but it wasn't a like for like contract swap. 

3 minutes ago, the general said:

confused the hell out of me too

The symbol '>' means greater than.

When I started reading Rick's post I thought he was saying Wighton > (is greater than) Moult

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I guess his wife is just a fan of this magnificent club.

Impeccable taste.

They seem to be friendly with Elliott Frear. Unfortunately wishing Cadden well too. Turncoats

19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Ginnelly and Savage are both at Hearts and PNE before that so he will know both of them.

That would explain why he would follow those guys on social media, not the clubs they signed for.

Not been paying attention to the rumour mill.

What are the highlights of the transfer window so far? 

ITK guff? 

Any genuine transfers? 

17 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

The symbol '>' means greater than.

When I started reading Rick's post I thought he was saying Wighton > (is greater than) Moult

ditto

adambraejambo
22 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

ITK guff? 

Any genuine 

I not got a clue . It reminds me of Game of thrones.  So many players all wanting the iron throne (ITK king) some be genuine. Some attention seekers . Some genuine but getting fed false info from a Little Finger type lol 

Edited by adambraejambo

35 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

ITK guff? 

Any genuine transfers? 

absolutely no ITK stuff 😏

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I knew two Kenny Maclean’s (father and son) that were big Hibs fans and religious too, relatives of the same guy of the same name who helped save Hibs back in the day. Just put two and two together and got 666, a valuable life lesson 😆

Forgot about them but hardly what is regarded on here as a Celtic type name !

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

🙊

Another insightful and informative post from you on a transfer thread.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Agree. Anderson and Murray kidding us all on again. Shameless that pair 😏

🤣🤣 Murray has contacts, banderson just guesses and reads JKB.

52 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Moult for me is a target for next season. We need someone fully fit straight into the squad. Someone different to Boyce 

Probably Moult instead of Boyce if he gets fit. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

They seem to be friendly with Elliott Frear. Unfortunately wishing Cadden well too. Turncoats

But they don't follow Hibs or (in her case) any other clubs that he's not played for. Odd.

We don't need any more dodgy knees up front tbh.

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

🤣🤣 Murray has contacts, banderson just guesses and reads JKB.

Anderson doesn't know everything that's going on, but he's broken plenty of transfer stories before they're ever mentioned on kickback.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )