January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

kingantti1874
37 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Lindsay is about as pie in the sky as Dunne IMO. He's at a crucial stage in his career at 25, will be looking to revive it, and there's absolutely no way that he'll see dropping down to the Scottish Championship as a way to do that. His deal with Stoke still has 18 months to run. 

Absolutely no chance. 

i would agree unlikely in the next 18 months.. but remember the wage cap..  we won’t see championship or teams below with bloated squads going forward. Unless they are a success I can see a lot of these guys coming back up the road 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

lost in space

Happy with the proposed signing of Moult but I am very keen that we sign another forward - even on loan until the end of the season.

Boyce is good but hasnt been fully fit for a while and is not at the top of his form. Naismith is no longer a forward.  Wighton is probably not going to make it + Henderson and Roberts showed against Alloa that they dont have what it takes at Championship level.

If Boyce gets another injury we are not in a great position.

We should have signed another forward in the summer but RN probably thought that Wighton/Roberts/Henderson may be good enough.  They are not.

We NEED another striker.

Should we bring in another striker I'd find it hard to see Henderson or Wighton getting much game time thereafter. Normally they'd be looking to be loaned to L1 and L2 but such is the constraints on their leagues at the moment there's not much they can do unless someone like arbroath is interested. Wouldn't surprise me if Dick Campbell had enquired about the latter's availability should we sign someone.

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i would agree unlikely in the next 18 months.. but remember the wage cap..  we won’t see championship or teams below with bloated squads going forward. Unless they are a success I can see a lot of these guys coming back up the road 

Also true. 

I just think there's too many hurdles and too much money involved for this one to work out for us. Might be one to park until this time next year. 

20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah of course - the sell for any player we bring in (this season or next) will be for next season. Pushing for 3rd place/European football and so on is a great selling point, but I don't think its big enough in this case. Considering Stoke paid something like £2M for him not 2 seasons ago, and the fact that he'll be on £10-12k p/w, 1) They're not going to let him leave for nothing; 2) We're not going to be able to offer any sort of fee that they'd be happy with; and 3) He'd need to take a >50% wage cut.

Not gonna happen. But of course I would love to be wrong because he'd be an instant upgrade on our current CB choices.

Yeah of course you're right on the face of things.  I guess the bits we don't know are behind the scenes.  How desperate is he to kickstart his career?  Would a drop in wage etc benefit him longterm if he earns a move to a team bigger than Stoke in 18 months time and all that.  You just don't know where someone is at in their head, I guess.

You are right re Stoke though - decent fee, and you'd guess wouldn't just cut losses.  Again, though, if the alternative is he sits sucking up £10k a week and they don't want him...

Anyway, we both agree it'd be a longshot!!!! haha

15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah of course you're right on the face of things.  I guess the bits we don't know are behind the scenes.  How desperate is he to kickstart his career?  Would a drop in wage etc benefit him longterm if he earns a move to a team bigger than Stoke in 18 months time and all that.  You just don't know where someone is at in their head, I guess.

You are right re Stoke though - decent fee, and you'd guess wouldn't just cut losses.  Again, though, if the alternative is he sits sucking up £10k a week and they don't want him...

Anyway, we both agree it'd be a longshot!!!! haha

👍

17 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Should we bring in another striker I'd find it hard to see Henderson or Wighton getting much game time thereafter. Normally they'd be looking to be loaned to L1 and L2 but such is the constraints on their leagues at the moment there's not much they can do unless someone like arbroath is interested. Wouldn't surprise me if Dick Campbell had enquired about the latter's availability should we sign someone.

I reckon Henderson's appearance at the weekend was a test. Unfortunately he failed miserably and was completely ineffective against a team likely to be battling relegation so I'd be quite surprised if he's still here when the window shuts and think he'll be loaned out (assuming L1 resumes).

The Championship is Wighton's level, so I can't see us loaning him out to and therefore strengthening another Championship side. Would like him to go to Partick (again assuming L1 resumes) to help get them promoted, but ultimately we'll probably need him ourselves as backup to Boyce so I think he'll see out the last few months of his contract here and will move on in the summer.

Edited by Batistuta87

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

👍

I reckon Henderson's appearance at the weekend was a test. Unfortunately he failed miserably and was completely ineffective against a team likely to be battling relegation so I'd be quite surprised if he's still here when the window shuts and think he'll be loaned out.

The Championship is Wighton's level, so I can't see us loaning him out to and therefore strengthening another Championship side. Would like him to go to Partick to help get them promoted, but ultimately we'll probably need him ourselves as backup to Boyce so I think he'll see out the last few months of his contract here and will move on in the summer.

Do feel a wee bit sorry for Henderson in the fact that his best performances last season were with a fully fit naismith in the team which helped slightly. 

Whilst he should have some semblance of what he is doing it sometimes helps to have players on the pitch who help and communicate. Where as Saturday, Neilson had to tell Roberts during the game what he needs to be doing and Frear that he needs run more. So it's not like those up in attack with him would have had that same communication given they couldn't do their own roles correctly at times.

I've no doubt if he was in a squad with naisy gms and ginnelly for example he'd perform slightly better given he's surrounded by slightly more ept players.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

Ainsley Harriott
33 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Happy with the proposed signing of Moult but I am very keen that we sign another forward - even on loan until the end of the season.

Boyce is good but hasnt been fully fit for a while and is not at the top of his form. Naismith is no longer a forward.  Wighton is probably not going to make it + Henderson and Roberts showed against Alloa that they dont have what it takes at Championship level.

If Boyce gets another injury we are not in a great position.

We should have signed another forward in the summer but RN probably thought that Wighton/Roberts/Henderson may be good enough.  They are not.

We NEED another striker.

Have we been linked to moult anywhere other than on here? 

12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

👍

I reckon Henderson's appearance at the weekend was a test. Unfortunately he failed miserably and was completely ineffective against a team likely to be battling relegation so I'd be quite surprised if he's still here when the window shuts and think he'll be loaned out (assuming L1 resumes).

The Championship is Wighton's level, so I can't see us loaning him out to and therefore strengthening another Championship side. Would like him to go to Partick (again assuming L1 resumes) to help get them promoted, but ultimately we'll probably need him ourselves as backup to Boyce so I think he'll see out the last few months of his contract here and will move on in the summer.

I think Wighton is one who could do OK at Killie or similar actually.  The guy is a decent player - he just doesn't have that extra bit to make him top end of league type.  He does evething well, but nothing brilliantly.

Henderson (and Moore), I've never really thought would make it if truth be told.  Even when they both did well under Stendel, it was all effort, really.  I like both lads, they give their all.  But basically there's no end product with either of them.  Hendo could easily go to ICT or someone like that and do OK, maybe even in a couple of years be ready to get a move to prem team (or come up with them I suppose).  He's just not our level and had a few chances now.  Hold head high - always did his best.

Maiden Gorgie
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yup, that's how I see things with Sean too.  Also started playing before he was ready.  He hadn't played for something like 7/8 months due to injury and the plan had been to ease him in, but he got chucked in when all our injuries cropped up.

Look, it didn't work out, but I just hate when guys are called imposters or thieves etc.  99.9% of the time, they're just guys doing their best.  There are millions of reasons things don't work out.  Some on and some off the pitch.

What I will just never understand is getting on our own players' backs.  Cos, lets not kid ourselves, this place mirrors a lot of the atmos in Tynie.  Yeah if the team is shit, boo the team, I suppose, if that makes you feel better, helps you go back to the wife and back to subservience, or back to your empty flat and maybe only have 6 tugs that night, but to boo individuals???! How's that helping anyone?

If I see a guy struggling for form and confidence, but with very obvious ability, I want him to conquer his issues and start storming it for Hearts - my team - so I kind of think encouraging him may help.  You know: "supporting" him.

I really just don't get it.  When you see people booing or the ones who nearly fall over the seat infront of them when the team's read out and the likes of Clare's name is read... my first thought is always: you know very, very little about football; you may know even less about people.  Essentially they're thick.

You might be able to tell, but it's my biggest pet peeve.  I genuinely don't know if Hearts fans are any worse for it than other sets of supporters, but I would love us to just get behind our players.  I had a guy behind me a couple of seasons back who just moaned and moaned and moaned, really loudly.  All woe betide me type stuff.  Personally insulted when a player misplaces a pass or miscontrolled the ball.  But also moaned when a player did something very well that didn't quite come off, you know.  Like the fullback is one on one with their winger and ushers him wide, waiting for support: close um doooooon -taaaaackle uuummmmm!!!  He wailed every single time Djoum got the ball and went on and on about how lazy he was, even the times he was the best and hardest working player on the park!  Why was he at at the game, I always wondered?  He doesn't enjoy it.  He doesn't even understand it.  It truly baffled me!!!

The kind of guy that when Hearts scored, you wanted to say "get it up ye!"  How does that work?  Surely you should want to say that to the opposition fans!!!!!

Rantage!

Outstanding rantage! And an outstanding post.

lost in space
36 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Have we been linked to moult anywhere other than on here? 

I think "Daz" said he was signing. He is usually reliable. Was on a post from him last night.

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He also never played in a Hearts team that had any confidence in itself. He didn't start playing until after our winning run had gone. With fans on the players back, trying to get up to speed and was expected to make the big difference.

As you say he never stopped trying. And when he got a proper coach in, it was no surprise he improved. He is another player that came at the wrong time.

Agree. Just as he was showing his real potential and gaining in confidence.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yup, that's how I see things with Sean too.  Also started playing before he was ready.  He hadn't played for something like 7/8 months due to injury and the plan had been to ease him in, but he got chucked in when all our injuries cropped up.

Look, it didn't work out, but I just hate when guys are called imposters or thieves etc.  99.9% of the time, they're just guys doing their best.  There are millions of reasons things don't work out.  Some on and some off the pitch.

What I will just never understand is getting on our own players' backs.  Cos, lets not kid ourselves, this place mirrors a lot of the atmos in Tynie.  Yeah if the team is shit, boo the team, I suppose, if that makes you feel better, helps you go back to the wife and back to subservience, or back to your empty flat and maybe only have 6 tugs that night, but to boo individuals???! How's that helping anyone?

If I see a guy struggling for form and confidence, but with very obvious ability, I want him to conquer his issues and start storming it for Hearts - my team - so I kind of think encouraging him may help.  You know: "supporting" him.

I really just don't get it.  When you see people booing or the ones who nearly fall over the seat infront of them when the team's read out and the likes of Clare's name is read... my first thought is always: you know very, very little about football; you may know even less about people.  Essentially they're thick.

You might be able to tell, but it's my biggest pet peeve.  I genuinely don't know if Hearts fans are any worse for it than other sets of supporters, but I would love us to just get behind our players.  I had a guy behind me a couple of seasons back who just moaned and moaned and moaned, really loudly.  All woe betide me type stuff.  Personally insulted when a player misplaces a pass or miscontrolled the ball.  But also moaned when a player did something very well that didn't quite come off, you know.  Like the fullback is one on one with their winger and ushers him wide, waiting for support: close um doooooon -taaaaackle uuummmmm!!!  He wailed every single time Djoum got the ball and went on and on about how lazy he was, even the times he was the best and hardest working player on the park!  Why was he at at the game, I always wondered?  He doesn't enjoy it.  He doesn't even understand it.  It truly baffled me!!!

The kind of guy that when Hearts scored, you wanted to say "get it up ye!"  How does that work?  Surely you should want to say that to the opposition fans!!!!!

Rantage!

🤣🤣🤣 great post mate... and 100% with you on the booing. Never done it, never will. I hate hearing it also.

As for the guy behind you.. we've all had him at some point -"GO WIDE!!! GOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIIIIDE! AWWWW FUF F*********KS SAAAKE!"... whats all that about!?

33 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Outstanding rantage! And an outstanding post.

I'll second that.  We are our own worse enemies at times.

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣🤣 great post mate... and 100% with you on the booing. Never done it, never will. I hate hearing it also.

As for the guy behind you.. we've all had him at some point -"GO WIDE!!! GOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIIIIDE! AWWWW FUF F*********KS SAAAKE!"... whats all that about!?

Personal favourite “FFS HEARTS GET IT FORWARD (Hoof) FFS WHO’S THAT TO”?

Ainsley Harriott
13 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I think "Daz" said he was signing. He is usually reliable. Was on a post from him last night.

I will take that with a pinch of salt then

Rantage!

Outstanding Post 

56 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Dundee no money United willing to make Declan Gallagher one of the highest paid at club. 

Wonder how their players will feel about another player coming in on good wages while they having shown loyalty to the club are on reduced wages....

14 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Ffs Get stuck in tae him , take him out so he knows yer there... FFS you’re gonna get sent off.... 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ffs Get stuck in tae him , take him out so he knows yer there... FFS you’re gonna get sent off.... 

dinnae piss about wi the baw at the back like that, git it oot.....what the **** wiz that? jist pass the ******* baw man

6 minutes ago, Gav M said:

dinnae piss about wi the baw at the back like that, git it oot.....what the **** wiz that? jist pass the ******* baw man

Ffs just have a shot... ffs whit was that pass the baw oot wide dinna shoot fae there

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

true but a lot of the squad trimming will be non-UK players due to brexit, i'd imagine teams would rather have someone like him as a backup CH than go through the hassle of trying to get a work permit for someone of equivalent standard from abroad, most clubs will save that hassle for talent further up the park.

lost in space
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ffs just have a shot... ffs whit was that pass the baw oot wide dinna shoot fae there

Twice at games (Ozturk v hobos and Willie Jamieson v celtic), i have shouted "aww, dinnae be daft - yi cannae shoot fae there.... GOAL!!!"

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Twice at games (Ozturk v hobos and Willie Jamieson v celtic), i have shouted "aww, dinnae be daft - yi cannae shoot fae there.... GOAL!!!"

Same here, same thoughts went through my head just before both goals. Sometimes it's just great to be so very wrong.

jamboinglasgow

Rantage!

Completely agree.

I can understand frustration at players not doing well. But constantly shouting at a player who is low on confidence, shouting abuse at any mistake the player makes, is not going to improve a player. I also think people can be stubborn with opinons about players.

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Lindsay is about as pie in the sky as Dunne IMO. He's at a crucial stage in his career at 25, will be looking to revive it, and there's absolutely no way that he'll see dropping down to the Scottish Championship as a way to do that. His deal with Stoke still has 18 months to run. 

Absolutely no chance. 

A loan? He's not in the picture at Stoke he needs a biggish club but where he will be guaranteed game time to prove himself before that deals up. Stranger things have happened

kingantti1874

The booing isn’t a surprise.. on this board, on this thread we have plenty of posters who rather see hearts fail than Robbie Neilson succeed.. god only knows why.

They form a view usually based on unachievable expectations, or some irrelevant perception and that view is locked in forever more..

silence when that individual does something well, followed by booing or internet rage as soon as something negative happens.

you have to be able to praise the good and the bad to have any credibility.

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely agree.

I can understand frustration at players not doing well. But constantly shouting at a player who is low on confidence, shouting abuse at any mistake the player makes, is not going to improve a player. I also think people can be stubborn with opinons about players.

You don't say

19 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Same here, same thoughts went through my head just before both goals. Sometimes it's just great to be so very wrong.

Austin McCann vs Celtic is the one that always springs to mind for me, that and screaming at Sevvi not to pass it to McCann in the 1st place as he had a better option out right.

Byyy The Light
28 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I did the same with Lafferty at the 4-0 game against Celtic

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The booing isn’t a surprise.. on this board, on this thread we have plenty of posters who rather see hearts fail than Robbie Neilson succeed.. god only knows why.

They form a view usually based on unachievable expectations, or some irrelevant perception and that view is locked in forever more..

silence when that individual does something well, followed by booing or internet rage as soon as something negative happens.

Change that to Hearts succeed and I agree

Byyy The Light
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They'd rather have their opinions proved right than see Hearts win football matches, it's beyond weird.

lost in space
22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Praising the bad gives credibility does it? Ok, but doubt that will catch on!

Re RN, i am not a fan of his brand of football - Too "Levein" for me. However the signing of GMS gives case for optimisim. If he signs another forward and plays the kind of football he promised in EN article, i will be right behind him.

Yes, i am fickle.

33 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

A loan? He's not in the picture at Stoke he needs a biggish club but where he will be guaranteed game time to prove himself before that deals up. Stranger things have happened

I don't think we could get him in the Championship at all. It would be a massive step down for him. Maybe in the Premiership next season (if we get there) we could pull off a Naismith and get him on a season long loan with a view to getting him on a Bosman at the end. Wages could be an issue though - although he's not going to be in a position to ask for the wages he's getting currently. 

Who knows :) 

Edited by Batistuta87

15 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Austin McCann vs Celtic is the one that always springs to mind for me, that and screaming at Sevvi not to pass it to McCann in the 1st place as he had a better option out right.

In the main I don't mind the , usually misguided , advice about where to pass etc . The constant getitupthepark can be wearing though 

The worst , for me , are the real experts with their critique/analysis (emphasis on the anal) of play .

They have clearly never played football in their puff .

You know who I mean , row 26 Wheat field ?

Anyway , to save bloodshed , I have moved over to the posh seats

43 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Had the pleasure of speaking to Willie Jamieson about that goal against Celtic in The Seaglass in Port Seton last year. You could see he was very proud of it. Said he just fancied a "pop" at goal and it went in. One in 1000 shot.

:jj:

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

With his name there is only one club he will want to go to.

I thought that about Jamie Murphy and Kenny Maclean but both big Huns.  
He will be shown up in the euros, so a move before then will be the smart move. The new Celtic manager might not fancy him. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought that about Jamie Murphy and Kenny Maclean but both big Huns.  
He will be shown up in the euros, so a move before then will be the smart move. The new Celtic manager might not fancy him. 

Declan Gallagher , Jamie Murphy I get but Kenny Maclean ?

lost in space
14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Had the pleasure of speaking to Willie Jamieson about that goal against Celtic in The Seaglass in Port Seton last year. You could see he was very proud of it. Said he just fancied a "pop" at goal and it went in. One in 1000 shot.

:jj:

One of the funniest moment i have had at Tynie was in a game v hobos. Just close to us Jamieson was right up the back of Keith Wright and giving him a hard time. Fan shouts "thats right Willie, get right into that hibs c@@@". Jamieson (many years at hibs) and Wright both burst out laughing and could hardly carry on.

12 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Talks under way with Ginnely to sign a pre contract according to Barry Anderson.

We definitely need to sign him, two or three year deal preferably, I think he'd do well in the Premiership.

Aside from the usual suspects I think we've got a pretty solid team but I can't shake the feeling of dread I get every time I see Berra in the lineup or given the captains armband.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

That is precisely what makes Berra both our best and worst player! Haha

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Championship salary cap, when introduced, will still see them paying well more than anyone up here other than the ugly sisters. The only thing that will possibly help us is that squads will probably be smaller in future so they can pay more. 

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Absolutely no chance. 

I am grateful for your superior knowledge

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Gino Irving and Kingsley signed up, a midfielder and a striker in, and we've had an excellent window. I wouldn't be disappointed if we gave a 1 year extension to Wighton but that can be dealt with in the summer.

3 hours ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Do feel a wee bit sorry for Henderson in the fact that his best performances last season were with a fully fit naismith in the team which helped slightly. 

Whilst he should have some semblance of what he is doing it sometimes helps to have players on the pitch who help and communicate. Where as Saturday, Neilson had to tell Roberts during the game what he needs to be doing and Frear that he needs run more. So it's not like those up in attack with him would have had that same communication given they couldn't do their own roles correctly at times.

I've no doubt if he was in a squad with naisy gms and ginnelly for example he'd perform slightly better given he's surrounded by slightly more ept players.

The boy is awful and how he got a new deal is beyond me.

5 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

The boy is awful and how he got a new deal is beyond me.

Probably because he is 20 year old and is relatively young and could still develop. He'll get another year and if nothing shows I'd imagine he'll end up at Raith or somewhere of a similar ilk.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )