• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

7 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

How many times this season has anyone thought “wow we really missed Sean Clare today”?

For him to succeed  he either needs to get better at defending or used as a wing back (who doesn’t need to defend much 😏).  When he’s got the whole game in front of him he sees opportunities and looks dangerous striding forward. When he plays wide mid he just looks lost and unsure of himself, he’s even worse in midfield. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

**** no. The boy has talent with the ball at his feet but that’s about it but he has little to no spine, hides when it gets hard.. even when he improved under stendel.. what did he do? He’s never a right back or a wing back in a million years as he can’t defend.. and going forward ?got himself into great positions but Little end product .

he can take a pen though.. chicken hearted. Not surprised to see him fail at another club

Still believe he won a competition at e.g. Butlins where the prize was a pro contract. Absolute imposter. 

kingantti1874
Just now, bobskeldon said:

Still believe he won a competition at e.g. Butlins where the prize was a pro contract. Absolute imposter. 

Yep, he got better under DS.  But wouldn’t be ****ing hard.. he will disappear from the game imo

Clare has a bit of talent, but no position. Not good enough defensively to play right-back, drifts in and out of the game too much to play in central midfield, not physical enough or good enough with his back to goal to play up front and not direct enough as a winger.

The club was right to cash in on him in the summer. There's no room in the budget for square pegs, particularly this season.

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yep, he got better under DS.  But wouldn’t be ****ing hard.. he will disappear from the game imo

Agree. Will eventually end up "finding his level" a York city or biggish non league team.

I also thought he was hopeless but when moved out wide he was decent. Too many people remembering his centre mid displays. Had the ability to go past defenders when played in wide position, would need to work on his tracking back but I’d have him back . 

Dom Thomas looks a decent player at this level - unsure how he would do in the prem but could be worth a punt and would weaken Dunfermline 😁

7 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Dom Thomas looks a decent player at this level - unsure how he would do in the prem but could be worth a punt and would weaken Dunfermline 😁

Watched them against Morton on Friday. He was poop. 

9 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

wasnt good enough at killie, think this is his level. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Not going to lie I’d actually think about taking Clare back as well. I’d at least consider it. Mainly because I think the way we play now, more methodical, with Irving’s passing range, i think it would’ve suited him quite well. I’d have him ahead of Walker, Roberts, Frear, or Henderson put it that way. Think he’d be getting on the other end of a few things Andy Irving is doing, getting on the same wavelength.

But mentally, was always a huge question mark whether he was tough enough. And that’s been the big reason we’ve needed to clear all these Levein era guys out. So for that reason, I would think there’d be no chance, we will be looking for someone who is a lot more of a fighter. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Watched them against Morton on Friday. He was poop. 

Subbed and did little or nothing while he was on the pitch. No thanks.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Get Jack Wilshere up on a short term contract. 

He's out of contract and training with random clubs. 

I'll put the glue down now. 

I’ve played more games for West Ham than him 😀

Made of snow. Andy Carroll called him sick line etc etc

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

not even once, would take Ginelly or GMS over him every day of the week.. 

half the problem was where exactly was he supposed to play? Neither a winger or a full back. And ineffective in the 10

To be fair, he showed a lot of character to come back from being taken off, fans booing him, against St Johnstone in Stendels first game. I’ve not seen many players come back from that, to the extent he was given a standing ovation when he was sent of against Aberdeen. I wish him well, but I also wouldn’t want him back, offered too little in an attacking sense

I think we did well getting a fee for Clare. Already been loaned out down the division. V similar to tavernier but tested more defensively at us

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think we did well getting a fee for Clare. Already been loaned out down the division. V similar to tavernier but tested more defensively at us

he’s not on the same planet as tavernier 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s not on the same planet as tavernier 

I wouldn’t argue with that but they are both attacking full backs who aren’t very good at defending. Good at penalties 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sure he looked better coming from right back position.

Hard to pick up a player who isn't a right back and was given licence to go anywhere he fancied without defending. 

He was pish, he didn't really improve he just got afforded more space to play in.

Football is a much easier game with time and space,  his defensive skills were akin to an ashtray on a motorcycle. 

Lovely lad though and I admire his commitment to BLM campaign on Twitter 

Edited by Sir Gio

Folk who would take back a guy like Clare need banned from here until they come to their senses.

He’s just been dumped by a club after 6 months ffs.

He’s absolutely rancid.

Looks like Moult will probably be in this week. Midfielder has been signed on a pre contract. Both clubs not wanting to announce yet, as Hearts think its disrespectful to the current team while still employed. We are in talks with doing the deal and getting him in now for a small fee or end of season loan but not going all out for that to happen. Happy to wait until summer. 

Defender on loan from EPL in discussions but not sure if will come off or not yet

ginger jambo98
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Looks like Moult will probably be in this week. Midfielder has been signed on a pre contract. Both clubs not wanting to announce yet, as Hearts think its disrespectful to the current team while still employed. We are in talks with doing the deal and getting him in now for a small fee or end of season loan but not going all out for that to happen. Happy to wait until summer. 

Defender on loan from EPL in discussions but not sure if will come off or not yet

Cheers Daz, appreciated.

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/47775439

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

would be happy with moult but how close to fitness is he?

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

That was released to media in April. Look at the date. Signed in January though.

Midfielder from scottish club daza?

12 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Any clues on the midfielder? Scottish or English league? 

moult on a permanent deal?

apologies for all the Q’s.

Edited by SectionN

12 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Jayden Stockley

The 27-year-old – a January 2019 signing from Exeter City – was not in the squad for North End’s 2-0 defeat to Bristol City yesterday, with no news of an injury picked up by the target man.

But there now may be an explanation for his absence with the Lilywhites apparently happy to let him leave the club on loan – if a buyer can pay his wages.

Stockley was in a rich vein of form for League Two outfit Exeter City before joining North End, scoring 16 goals in 25 games in the 2018/19 campaign for the Grecians.

Never Let Them Forget
14 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Liam Polworth?

3 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Pretty sure that announcement came immediately after Livi were confirmed to finish bottom 6, meaning we wouldn't play them again that season. It was rumoured that he'd signed a pre-contract a few weeks before that.

If it's true that we've signed someone on a pre-contract and aren't announcing it then I'd expect it to be from a team we're likely to play again. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

As for Moult, it's hard to explain why his wife would start following us on Twitter unless there's something in it. :lol:

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Pretty sure that announcement came immediately after Livi were confirmed to finish bottom 6, meaning we wouldn't play them again that season. It was rumoured that he'd signed a pre-contract a few weeks before that.

If it's true that we've signed someone on a pre-contract and aren't announcing it then I'd expect it to be from a team we're likely to play again. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

As for Moult, it's hard to explain why his wife would start following us on Twitter unless there's something in it. :lol:

Decent logic. So which championship midfielders would we want?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Decent logic. So which championship midfielders would we want?

Could play them in the cup. Wouldn't rule out an Spfl team.

Just now, Ccjambo1874 said:

Could play them in the cup. Wouldn't rule out an Spfl team.

True. Never thought about that. Could be a hibs player. They certainly wouldn’t want it leaked. Players life wouldn’t be worth living

Steve Lawson is the one I think we should be going after. Played brilliantly in the top league and box to box and can create. Out of contract in the summer.

adambraejambo

Just hope it can be completed soon. Can you imagine the frenzy if we have to wait a month or two then find out when someone reveals that its Peter Pawlett (nothing against him) 

Edited by adambraejambo

Fwiw a few players out of contract in midfield include

Jay Fulton at Swansea

Kyle Turner at Dunfermline

Scott Robinson at Livi

Polworth/Campbell at Mwell. 

Ryan Gauld

Be safe to say we can eliminate the top and bottom options.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Played well against us. Kyle Turner I think 

I said earlier on this thread rumour is Turner and Murray are signing pre contract with Aberdeen.

4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Defender from the EPL?

Jimmy Dunne please

That would be incredible. With all due respect to Berra, a straight swap with Dunne would completely transform our defence. 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

That would be incredible. With all due respect to Berra, a straight swap with Dunne would completely transform our defence. 

Cant see Burnley wanting Berra to be honest....

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I said earlier on this thread rumour is Turner and Murray are signing pre contract with Aberdeen.

I remember reading that. Maybe one of them doesn’t  fancy living up there. I wouldn’t, it’s too grey. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Fwiw a few players out of contract in midfield include

Jay Fulton at Swansea

Kyle Turner at Dunfermline

Scott Robinson at Livi

Polworth/Campbell at Mwell. 

Ryan Gauld

Be safe to say we can eliminate the top and bottom options.

Robinson back to being a forward these days?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Robinson back to being a forward these days?

I'd say so.

Just going off what I saw on transfrmarket.

Quite good for scouting who's out of contract.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )