• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, Ccjambo1874 said:

I'd say so.

Just going off what I saw on transfrmarket.

Quite good for scouting who's out of contract.

Polwarth and Campbell both seem obvious targets to me. Be nice if it was one of them. 

6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I said earlier on this thread rumour is Turner and Murray are signing pre contract with Aberdeen.

Think both came on as subs on Friday night which was surprising,maybe explains it.

I'm not convinced by Polworth. We really need energy in the middle and that's not something he offers.

I feel as though he's very similar to Lee. He has a decent number of assists and looks good in highlights, but doesn't actually make much of an impression in general play.

Moult would be a decent signing, probably wouldn't be ready to go until next season so can use this farmers league to get himself prepared. Still think we need a different type of forward as well though, we have a lot of attacking players who would benefit massively from having an intelligent hold the ball up type of forward who stays in position 

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Polwarth and Campbell both seem obvious targets to me. Be nice if it was one of them. 

Polwarth is slow and too similar to Irving (and Lee). 

kingantti1874

Think we are seeing the effect of the wage cap in England.. these guys would likely have been heading south in the past 

Edited by kingantti1874

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, DH1986 said:

I’m pretty sure we’d need to pay a decent development fee for Campbell.....he’s been attached to Motherwell for 13 years almost.

We would and I’m not convinced we would get him but we should be showing ambition. A couple 2 or 3 years and we could make money on him. 

41 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Looks like Moult will probably be in this week. Midfielder has been signed on a pre contract. Both clubs not wanting to announce yet, as Hearts think its disrespectful to the current team while still employed. We are in talks with doing the deal and getting him in now for a small fee or end of season loan but not going all out for that to happen. Happy to wait until summer. 

Defender on loan from EPL in discussions but not sure if will come off or not yet

Thanks Dazajambo.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think we are seeing the effect of the age cap in England.. these guys would likely have been heading south in the past 

We would probably still struggle to compete with championship caps for top players but as I'm sure it averages out at 12k a week in that league. 1.7k a week in league one however should be a walk in the park even for players earning above the average amount.

5 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

We would probably still struggle to compete with championship caps for top players but as I'm sure it averages out at 12k a week in that league. 1.7k a week in league one however should be a walk in the park even for players earning above the average amount.

No caps yet in English championship. League one can pay a lot more than £1.7k pw. Depends on how many players, and ages of players, they have in squad. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No caps yet in English championship. League one can pay a lot more than £1.7k pw. Depends on how many players, and ages of players, they have in squad. 

Aye I know. Its not implemented as yet. But that is just a rough calculation if the whole squad was on the same wage. Some will be on more and others less I imagine still. Same with the championship. As long as L1 doesn't exceed £3.5m p.a.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Hopefully the midfielder isn’t Butcher

i wouldn’t be averse to it.. need someone like him in the squad.. a right dirty bassa

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Cheers, although that article seems to be a year old and a few united fans seemed to think he was on his way to us this window. That chat seems to have died down though 

14 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Aye I know. Its not implemented as yet. But that is just a rough calculation if the whole squad was on the same wage. Some will be on more and others less I imagine still. Same with the championship. As long as L1 doesn't exceed £3.5m p.a.

L1 is £2.5m.  Proposal for championship is £12.5m so average of £10k per week if  25 in squad 

28 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

We would and I’m not convinced we would get him but we should be showing ambition. A couple 2 or 3 years and we could make money on him. 

A John McGinn type deal would be worth suggesting. Decent cut of any future transfer fee for Well and the player could swing it. 

Never Let Them Forget
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Mackay-Steven, Ginnelly, Naismith, Boyce and Moult playing off Armand Gnanduillet is stauner inducing.

Neilson will still set up not to lose.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I remember reading that. Maybe one of them doesn’t  fancy living up there. I wouldn’t, it’s too grey. 

Beautiful colour on the golf course today in the sun

39 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Hopefully the midfielder isn’t Butcher

What’s worrying me,Neilson very much an admirer

Looks like we're going for the right type of players now - mackay-stevens, moult and before that, Boyce. 

Be good to bring a decent centre half in and central midfielder for the summer. 

adambraejambo
33 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Neilson will still set up not to lose.

Thank god for that. What's the point setting up to get beat. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Moult's contract better have injury-related clauses in it.

One year. If his knee doesn't explode...again, another year, perhaps. Even then, I'm reticent.

Seems like an awful leap of faith 

lost in space
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

One year. If his knee doesn't explode...again, another year, perhaps. Even then, I'm reticent.

Do other teams sign injuries players??

I like Moult but he probably isnt going to play for weeks. Hopefully we have another striker comimg in - even a loan.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Do other teams sign injuries players??

I like Moult but he probably isnt going to play for weeks. Hopefully we have another striker comimg in - even a loan.

Cardiff signed Paterson from us when he was injured.

Phil D. Corners
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Every player has the risk of injury. If we are going down the low wage / large bonus route then the risk is limited. 

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Defender from the EPL?

Jimmy Dunne please

Ffs.  Any chance we could calm the obsession with Dunne?  Yes, I agree he's great but he's in the first team squad at Burnley.  Our chances are about as good as me being elected Pope.

Surely due diligence will have been done on Moults injuries by a qualified medical advisor/team on Hearts behalf.

They will know about recovery stages and the percentage chances of full recovery. 
Hearts wont dish out a contract on an injured player with no chance of a return.

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

I agree, he was a great player for Motherwell but why would you take him at the moment without seeing if he has fully recovered from his injury. If as it seems he is still another 6 weeks till he is back to fitness then it makes no sense to bring him in now. You would be better agreeing a pre-contract if you want him.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Surely due diligence will have been done on Moults injuries by a qualified medical advisor/team on Hearts behalf.

They will know about recovery stages and the percentage chances of full recovery. 
Hearts wont dish out a contract on an injured player with no chance of a return.

Have you seen our signings over the last 6 years?

Phil D. Corners
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

I could a assume we sign him on loan with an option or condition to buy if he gets fit. (Or can we get him on pre contract?) 

Basically we only pick up his wages this season when he starts playing and PNE pick up the rest. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I have some magic beans you might be interested in PJ.

Did we ever see what Professor of Medicine Leveins 2nd investigation into the medical department concluded 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?!

Our signings in this window should be made with next season in mind. The players we have at present are good enough to win this league. Signing moult and getting him up to speed in a couple of months wouldn't see us struggle this season so I'm OK with it

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I have some magic beans you might be interested in PJ.

Did we ever see what Professor of Medicine Leveins 2nd investigation into the medical department concluded 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?!

Yeah I know but hes away now. We’re a different animal now.

I’m not concerned about it if our medical team are happy.

I wouldnt have said that a year ago!

Edit: & BTW, I dont know why folk say that about magic beans. Afterall, they worked. The wee man got the goose that laid the golden eggs. Just saying

🤷‍♂️

(You got any? 😁)

Edited by Pans Jambo

29 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Ffs.  Any chance we could calm the obsession with Dunne?  Yes, I agree he's great but he's in the first team squad at Burnley.  Our chances are about as good as me being elected Pope.

Habemus Papam

If only

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Are people just ignoring what Neilson says and just assuming he'll sign players he has worked with previously, regardless of their style? Butcher doesn't fit the profile of what we're looking for, he won't be signing for Hearts. Also as discussed he's not out of contract in the summer.

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Robbie said he was after a midfielder who could score goals, Polwarth has 1 in 49 for Motherwell. 

Polworths a playmaker. 

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

He already plays in goal for Burnley

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )