January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

12 hours ago, jr ewing said:

We dumped Washington. 

No we didn’t - he made it crystal clear that he wanted out as soon as we were ejected from the Premiership.

Edited by Deevers

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No decent players are going to sign for us in the championship. That's why we had to go for the likes of frear and Roberts. Do folk think these two were top of the shopping list?

Or is it more likely for our wages and shit league we are in that's what we had to settle for.

I'm with you here. Unless some Gordon-like opportunity comes up I think this team is good enough to win the league. If rather we don't squander money. Use what we have, shift some deadwood where possible and again at the end of the season. And then recruit as a Premier league club with more wages freed up. Still too big a squad, and I see pretty much all teams plug gaps with youth to give them a chance. I'd like to see a bit more of that.

But then its easy being an armchair manager. 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

No decent players are going to sign for us in the championship. That's why we had to go for the likes of frear and Roberts. Do folk think these two were top of the shopping list?

Or is it more likely for our wages and shit league we are in that's what we had to settle for.

Ginelly looks ok. Kingsley is decent. Gordon.  They all signed for a whole season in the championship. Why would we have less chance of signing good players when we only have half a season left? 18 month deals would maybe tempt better players than we have?

Kyle turner is out of contract in may, we should be going for him this month. I also like roddy macgregor but he’s in contract for another season. 

Just now, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

I genuinely expect some signings from Ireland, watch this space...

Why Ireland in particular. 

Rick Sanchez

I would even sign O'Donnell and move Smith into one of the sitting midfield slots. Even Stendel realised he brought composure to the team and he still stood out.

Gordon

O'Donnell

Halkett

Popescu/(loan signing)

Kingsley

Smith

Irving

Ginnelly

Naismith

Loan signing like Jones or play with 10 men

Boyce

Scottie Wanshot.
On 21/12/2020 at 16:03, soonbe110 said:

There’s a guy called John Soutar who could be available in a couple of months or so. 

IF he can get fit, and play without getting the same injury.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We should change to a back three imo. 

Until we get better wingers I agree. 3-5-2 would be my choice with Naismith and Boyce the 2.  

south morocco
17 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I would even sign O'Donnell and move Smith into one of the sitting midfield slots. Even Stendel realised he brought composure to the team and he still stood out.

Gordon

O'Donnell

Halkett

Popescu/(loan signing)

Kingsley

Smith

Irving

Ginnelly

Naismith

Loan signing like Jones or play with 10 men

Boyce

Is O'Donnell a realistic target? Genuine question 

23 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Given the injury history, banking on Soutar would be absolute folly. 

If we had a young central defender from the Academy, Soutar would be an ideal mentor but, as far as I can see, we don't. 

Another area where weakness was identified but RN signed Popescu who he now thinks isn't up to it. 

Mr Brightside
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Given the injury history, banking on Soutar would be absolute folly. 

If we had a young central defender from the Academy, Soutar would be an ideal mentor but, as far as I can see, we don't. 

Another area where weakness was identified but RN signed Popescu who he now thinks isn't up to it. 

Callum Flatman is a highly rated centre half in the academy. Not sure if this season he is too young (he will be 17 this month) but possibly next year.

Chris Hamilton was also very highly regarded but hasn’t grown enough to be a centre half, he is currently getting retrained as a centre mid at Dumbarton. Seems to play regularly but not sure how well he is playing.

40 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Due to start running in next couple of weeks, fingers crossed, though not expecting to play until next season now. 

Just now, Mr Brightside said:

Callum Flatman is a highly rated centre half in the academy. Not sure if this season he is too young (he will be 17 this month) but possibly next year.

Chris Hamilton was also very highly regarded but hasn’t grown enough to be a centre half, he is currently getting retrained as a centre mid at Dumbarton. Seems to play regularly but not sure how well he is playing.

Flatman and Darge best prospects but both still on the young side. 

1 hour ago, south morocco said:

We’ve been actively trying to get him for the last month.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Someone said we’d be revealing two new signings really early in the window. I wonder if he’s one of them. 

O’Donnell contract ends soon in January. I thought he was going to be Michael smith replacement but can’t see him going any time soon

I'd honestly take Stevie May. Has found a bit of form again at St Johnstone and seems to have finally got over that big injury he had a few years back. 

Would be the perfect move as far as I'm concerned. Moving for a form player to play at the level he's already playing at. Could really help push Boyce and give us a reliable goalscorer. 

That-Day-In-May
18 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

First man I wouls sign is Scott Brown. Get some backbone into the team.

😂😂😂best joke I’ve heard so far this year. I’d genuinely rather we went back into admin

21 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Like most.....I despise Scott Brown but every team needs a shitehouse like Brown.

We need a real midfield anchor man who can control games. 

5 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Personally I would look at only loan deals this window unless there is someone who really fits the bill.

RN’s transfer dealings don’t inspire me with confidence. Hopefully Savage has some decent contacts down south and we can get a couple of loan players in to see us over the line.

No more permanent deals until we know where we are playing next season

Idea as of a couple weeks ago was two targets they have been after since summer. A winger and forward one a loan , one permanent.

I can see that changing slightly with how poor we’ve been defensively and Popescu not cutting it , add to that the midfield and wingers not performing we may look to bring a couple more in for these positions <— only my opinion though , nothing official

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Hadn’t heard that unless they are looking at him as a wingback and i got slightly off the mark info

35 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Funny but true!

Rick Sanchez
2 hours ago, south morocco said:

He's another former McCulloch signing and nothing but 2+2=5 on my part. Transfer market website says he's out of contract 1/1/21 and other outlets say 'until the January transfer window'...so he's definitely up for grabs.

If Steve Clarke says it won't affect his Euro place I reckon he'd jump at us.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He's another former McCulloch signing and nothing but 2+2=5 on my part. Transfer market website says he's out of contract 1/1/21 and other outlets say 'until the January transfer window'...so he's definitely up for grabs.

If Steve Clarke says it won't affect his Euro place I reckon he'd jump at us.

He is lucky to be in Scotland squad, complete lack of decent players in that position is only reason.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

He is lucky to be in Scotland squad, complete lack of decent players in that position is only reason.

If he’s the best in his position then it’s hardly luck.

Or you could say that about every player.

Italian Lambretta

I have absolutely no faith in the current management setup at the club to sign players that will take us to another level.

In the last week I've watched 2 clubs with tiny budgets compared to our go to Easter road and demolish Hibs. Both these to teams would have beaten Dundee last night. This is how sad our football club has fallen in stature of the last 3 years. If and when we do get back can we really compete under the current management with the likes of Ross county and Livingston?

I really despair for next season and the one after that.

Getintaethem
5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I have absolutely no faith in the current management setup at the club to sign players that will take us to another level.

In the last week I've watched 2 clubs with tiny budgets compared to our go to Easter road and demolish Hibs. Both these to teams would have beaten Dundee last night. This is how sad our football club has fallen in stature of the last 3 years. If and when we do get back can we really compete under the current management with the likes of Ross county and Livingston?

Cheer the **** up! :D 

46 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hadn’t heard that unless they are looking at him as a wingback and i got slightly off the mark info

Whenever the last Scotland get together was. Not sure if it’s still ongoing now or if it’s close. We’ve definitely made enquiries. 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

no faith in the guy who doesn’t start until tomorrow :rofl:

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no faith in the guy who doesn’t start until tomorrow :rofl:

So technically he’s not current management set up if he doesn’t start till tomorrow.

Italian Lambretta is correct that he doesn’t have faith in the current set up. 👍🏻

Edited by 1874robbo

2 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Is Flatman over 6ft? If so, go with a back 3 and stick the boy in. 

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We need pace and another striker. 

We have the makings of a good team. Ditch the hoofball and let them play, those were the tactics last night and we made it obvious we were after a point. I like the sound of Brophy, damaged goods that's the only way you'd pick him up, but we should gamble there. Mackay-Steven, always liked him worth a punt on a free. I hope not to see a repeat of yesterday's match because that won't get us promoted

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

So technically he’s not current management set up if he doesn’t start till tomorrow.

Italian Lambretta is correct that he doesn’t have faith in the current set up. 👍🏻

😆 if you say so mate. Or back in the real world it was a ****ing stupid point 👍🏻

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

😆 if you say so mate. Or back in the real world it was a ****ing stupid point 👍🏻

If you say it was then I guess it was 👍🏻

kingantti1874
Just now, 1874robbo said:

If you say it was then I guess it was 👍🏻

i don’t think it’s a matter of opinion in all Honesty.

A reasonable person would maybe realise that the club have identified that signings haven’t been the best and are trying to rectify it with a guy who is highly regarded in that field.. 

if a new chairperson was in place and hired Savage he or she would be hailed as a visionary. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

i don’t think it’s a matter of opinion in all Honesty.

A reasonable person would maybe realise that the club have identified that signings haven’t been the best and are trying to rectify it with a guy who is highly regarded in that field.. 

if a new chairperson was in place and hired Savage he or she would be hailed as a visionary. 

I’m looking forward to this guy coming in, I’ve never said any different.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Can we have some better fans in this window please

One thing I’d never slate is the hearts support!! Do we argue and disagree on a football forum, yes and rightly so.

would be boring if we all agreed

but for me we are the Best support bar none.

There's dozens of players available all over the place but modern football has changed so much that they are all too similar to each other. A lot of them seem to be developed as defensive midfielders and we've had far too many of them over the last few years. Someone posted on one of the threads that young Hamilton who's on loan, is being coached into a more defensive midfielder role rather than what he started out as...a defender. Struggled for left-backs, struggled for attacking midfielders, struggled for strikers and decent wingers. Central defenders are starting to become a rarity overall in comparison to years ago. Think back to the 80s when each of the top clubs had decent players in specific positions. Each had a 20-goal plus striker, Aberdeen, Eric Black, Hearts, Robbo, Rangers, McCoist, Dundee Utd, Sturrock, Dundee, Billy Dodds then Keith Wright, Motherwell Tommy Coyne, Andy Walker....the list goes on. Loads of solid defenders as well, Levein & McPherson, Hegarty & Narey, Miller & McLeish and they were never in any hurry to abandon their clubs either. 

I can't think of any strikers we could sign off the top of my head and only Jimmy Dunne (if it was feasible) in central defence springs to mind. Hope this new guy can find a few diamonds in the rough from down south because as it is, there's not a lot around Scotland that would improve us that's realistically affordable.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’m looking forward to this guy coming in, I’ve never said any different.

but you defended a poster who derided the current set-up, the underlying point being we are set up to fail for the next 2/3 years.. which failed to recognise that the club have already taken steps to address..

there is no doubt far to many signing have been a miss in terms of ability! Attitude or fitness.. I don’t think you will find many at hearts who would disagree.

I can’t be arsed with these dramatic, agenda based posts.. 

ann budge will move into another role once the pandemic is over.. Robbie Neilson will be judged on results over the season, Joe Savage will hopefully come in and resolve a massive weakness at the club.. if he doesn’t over 3 or 4 windows then he to will move on. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

One thing I’d never slate is the hearts support!! Do we argue and disagree on a football forum, yes and rightly so.

would be boring if we all agreed

but for me we are the Best support bar none.

i used to think this. But we have some who I am convinced would rather see us fail just to prove a point. 

Leveins Battalion

We need to start signing players with actual attributes like pace and power/strengh to fit in with our style of play (whatever that is)

As much as I dont rate Wighton what the feck was he meant to do with Berra launching high balls to him a game against Fontaine?

Walker and Lee out wide dont work as both run like they are towing a Swift 6 berth with decking on it.

Our centre midfielders were 5 yards off the 2nd ball in the 1st half due to being pegged so deep as we had no outball,embarrassing against the level of opposition we were facing.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )