• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

32 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Think hes probably giving them game time against weaker opposition at home hoping they'll come good, I'll be amazed if either start against Dundee.

Ginelly is the only one of the three that might have a future next year imo

I think he really has to prove his fitness. Judging by the number of games he has played in the last 6 years (which I think is something like 72 in total).

He has shown bits of what he can do but the question is how many games a season would we get out of him?

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I tried to edit it once I realised my mistake but it was too late :lol:

Technically it could be true but how much of a difference in standard is there from 2nd to 8th? 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think he really has to prove his fitness. Judging by the number of games he has played in the last 6 years (which I think is something like 72 in total).

He has shown bits of what he can do but the question is how many games a season would we get out of him?

Definitely, 11 clubs too at 23 yo. Looks like it’s him that’s self isolating too, he’s not had much luck since he arrived. It’s a shame as he looks like he’s a good player. 

Kidd’s Boots
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ah yes you obviously know much more about game plans than the manager who has a >90% win percentage this season. 

Moore and Henderson have not made the cut and should absolutely be looking to leave Hearts in January in search of first team football. Its time for folk to let go of the stendel hysteria / headless chicken approach in which Moore and Henderson looked semi-good in 2 games (broken clock is right twice a day). 

Its been 3-4 years since their debuts and they have not impressed at all if you look at the bigger picture there. Moore is 22 and absolutely needs to be playing now in the best interest of his career. Good luck to them both, best case maybe Falkirk, Airdrie or Partick, but could be East Fife or back to Cowdenbeath or Montrose. 

As for Frear, championship stop gap player, Eckersley/ Keatings of this season. Works hard enough and actually can put a decent ball in the box. Clearly not premiership standard and that’s why he’s only on a 1 season contract so don’t get the hysteria. Just a bit of cover for when we rest the main men. 

Like everyone else on this forum, I have an opinion based on what I see and the outcomes not the inner workings of RN mind, and as already stated he will see more on a day to day basis. 

Both Henderson and Moore are perfectly capable at this level, and it won't surprise me to see Moore at least making a move within the league.  Young lads with the right attitude, work rate, commitment and willingness to play for the team will always impress more than Frear and Roberts, take a look at the number of posters who also want them moved on during this window!! We have a  chance of a return on Henderson and Moore who, if playing and showing willingness, more than we do on Frear and Roberts combined, that is the bigger picture for this club and has been for a while now. The only attribute that Roberts has over the other 3 is his physicality, but from what I've seen of him so far this season he doesn't use it. 

14 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I tried to edit it once I realised my mistake but it was too late :lol:

To be fair, there is a bottom six in the championship. I would have bluffed it. 😌

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, 11 clubs too at 23 yo. Looks like it’s him that’s self isolating too, he’s not had much luck since he arrived. It’s a shame as he looks like he’s a good player. 

Agree. The good news is that the new SD will know a bit about him and should be able to keep Robbie advised about whether he is worth taking on a permanent deal as it's looking as if he can leave PNE at the end of the season.

It might be worth offering him a one year deal with a potential add on depending on how many games he plays.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, there is a bottom six in the championship. I would have bluffed it. 😌

Haha aye I didnt want to be too pernickety with oor Cammy.

Basically he's Alloa/Arbroath. 

alwaysthereinspirit
44 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ah yes you obviously know much more about game plans than the manager who has a >90% win percentage this season. 

Moore and Henderson have not made the cut and should absolutely be looking to leave Hearts in January in search of first team football. Its time for folk to let go of the stendel hysteria / headless chicken approach in which Moore and Henderson looked semi-good in 2 games (broken clock is right twice a day). 

Its been 3-4 years since their debuts and they have not impressed at all if you look at the bigger picture there. Moore is 22 and absolutely needs to be playing now in the best interest of his career. Good luck to them both, best case maybe Falkirk, Airdrie or Partick, but could be East Fife or back to Cowdenbeath or Montrose. 

As for Frear, championship stop gap player, Eckersley/ Keatings of this season. Works hard enough and actually can put a decent ball in the box. Clearly not premiership standard and that’s why he’s only on a 1 season contract so don’t get the hysteria. Just a bit of cover for when we rest the main men. 

Frear wishes he had the skills of either the two you mention. Frear can’t control a rolled pass from 5 yards because his confidence is either shot or he actually is that bad. I believe it to be the latter.

18Jambo_dave74

Don’t think Moore can have too many complaints. Despite not being good enough for us (IMO) he was given a new contract in the summer during a very uncertain time financially. 

As I say, I don’t believe Moore or Henderson are of the standard required and the best thing for both of them would be to find clubs that they get regular first team football at. They should be looking at Callumn Morrison as an example of this as he appears to be doing really well at Falkirk.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Don’t think Moore can have too many complaints. Despite not being good enough for us (IMO) he was given a new contract in the summer during a very uncertain time financially. 

As I say, I don’t believe Moore or Henderson are of the standard required and the best thing for both of them would be to find clubs that they get regular first team football at. They should be looking at Callumn Morrison as an example of this as he appears to be doing really well at Falkirk.

Moore played very well last season I thought, including the games against top6 sides. 

On the fence with him, surprised he hasn't had an opportunity assuming fit and well 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Moore played very well last season I thought, including the games against top6 sides. 

On the fence with him, surprised he hasn't had an opportunity assuming fit and well 

Totally agree. Feel he at least earned the opportunity for a couple if appearances but RN is the one that will be judged on results so it's up to him. 

Personally, I'd certainly be playing Moore ahead of Frear if it was my call.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Agree. The good news is that the new SD will know a bit about him and should be able to keep Robbie advised about whether he is worth taking on a permanent deal as it's looking as if he can leave PNE at the end of the season.

It might be worth offering him a one year deal with a potential add on depending on how many games he plays.

Probably need to offer a 2 year deal to get him to sign, good that deals are more bonus lead than they used to be. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He should be embarrassed that Roberts and Frear are ahead of him, not beeling.

The lad had far more about him than the other 2 have shown so far.

Moore actually took on players and got to the bye line when he could, not this play safe shite you get from supposedly attacking players.

Samuel Camazzola
36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

True. A bottom 9 in my book too. 👍 

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The fact that Roberts and Frear are consistently in the squad ahead of Moore should tell you all you need to know about Moore.

It tells me Robbie continually picks them to try and justify the fact he brought them in when it’s clear to see to anyone that knows the slightest thing about football that Roberts and Frear are total pish!!

22 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It tells me Robbie continually picks them to try and justify the fact he brought them in when it’s clear to see to anyone that knows the slightest thing about football that Roberts and Frear are total pish!!

100% right. Inherited from CL.

18 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Anybody got any actual rumours?🤣🤣

Nut. The best I can do is a few pages ago somebody who has been itk in the past said we are bringing in a Scottish international striker. Someone else said we’ll get two signings, a striker and a winger. Surprising for this forum that we haven’t had anything more solid. 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

All managers do that. 

2 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Totally agree. Feel he at least earned the opportunity for a couple if appearances but RN is the one that will be judged on results so it's up to him. 

Personally, I'd certainly be playing Moore ahead of Frear if it was my call.

Agreed, he would be in before Frear for me and also Roberts imo.

The thing that gets me about Moore and Henderson was they played last season when we were playing teams with better players than those we are currently facing. Moore especially I thought did well in some games, so you would've thought he'd do even better against a lower calibre of player in the championship. 

Gorgie Boot boy
37 minutes ago, dougal said:

The thing that gets me about Moore and Henderson was they played last season when we were playing teams with better players than those we are currently facing. Moore especially I thought did well in some games, so you would've thought he'd do even better against a lower calibre of player in the championship. 

They have to wait for their chance to come learn as they go along. Be involved in the next game experience. Working their socks off in training,keeping the players who are in the match day side on their toes. They are looking to play in games, sitting out to so called  higher level players. They will play, both are still  prospects have ability and played in the team already.,

Just have to get into a winning side.

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

You should let Robbie know. I'm sure he'll appreciate the heads up.

fabienleclerq

I like Moore, think he done well in games last year. Henderson I've yet to see why he's still at Hearts tbh. 

I think RN is flat out going with experience until its done and dusted this time. 

16 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

They have to wait for their chance to come learn as they go along. Be involved in the next game experience. Working their socks off in training,keeping the players who are in the match day side on their toes. They are looking to play in games, sitting out to so called  higher level players. They will play, both are still  prospects have ability and played in the team already.,

Just have to get into a winning side.

They won’t get their chance under Robbie. In fact Moore will be away next month... quite sad really given how well Moore played under Stendel. What Neilson doesn’t see baffles me!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Moore did much better, in the back end games prior to Covid19, Rangers and Hibs for example, than anything that Frear or Roberts have shown thus far.

For avoidable of doubt,  I am a Neilson fan 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh but a lot then realise how shit the players are and bin them 

Let’s hope this happens soon. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, kila said:

They won’t get their chance under Robbie. In fact Moore will be away next month... quite sad really given how well Moore played under Stendel. What Neilson doesn’t see baffles me!

Not sure on how it will pan out for them both, have you heard any plans for them ? You said in fact.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Not sure on how it will pan out for them both, have you heard any plans for them ? You said in fact.

Moore hasn’t been involved with Neilson despite a new 2 year deal handed out by Ann Budge in the summer, and EEN have a shop window article on him. He’ll be away in January one way or another.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, kila said:

Moore hasn’t been involved with Neilson despite a new 2 year deal handed out by Ann Budge in the summer, and EEN have a shop window article on him. He’ll be away in January one way or another.

Take your word for it then, I try not to read that wank rag.

When Moore first played (maybe 4 years ago?) he looked like a decent prospect, but he's 22 now, and if he's not establishing himself it might not happen for him at Hearts. I'll always remember him for his assist against Rangers in the cup, maybe his best game for us.

1 hour ago, kila said:

What he probably saw was a hard-working player who gives his all for the team but doesn’t create much and hasn’t showed much on loan to lesser teams. So most of us on here were happy when Roberts and Frear were signed to take his place. Are they better than Moore? The jury is out but that doesn’t mean he is the answer to our needs.

We don't know what Moore's attitude is like in training.

I thought he did fine under Stendel but was fairly limited.

6 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

What he probably saw was a hard-working player who gives his all for the team but doesn’t create much and hasn’t showed much on loan to lesser teams. So most of us on here were happy when Roberts and Frear were signed to take his place. Are they better than Moore? The jury is out but that doesn’t mean he is the answer to our needs.

i don't think they'd need to be out for too long.

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If he doesn’t know already there really is no hope 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We don't know what Moore's attitude is like in training.

I thought he did fine under Stendel but was fairly limited.

Even a fairly limited Moore is better than Frear and Roberts mate, the aforementioned are utter pish! 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Moore has more of a presence than the others. Stood out for the reserves. 

He did. One of those players that come along that are standouts in reserve football but just can’t make the jump to consistent contribution/ performance in first team. Shame really. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Lewis Moore could have been turned into a decent attacking full back if we had some foresight. Boys got great energy and enthusiasm. 

Yeh definitely could have been a good move for him. Like his workrate and positioning but isn’t going to get enough goal contributions to make it as a winger. 

Think he played wingback couple times in his first season - including against Rangers? 

David Smith became a RB did he not. Was never in a million years going to make it here as a winger - goal at ER aside - but was played there his whole time here. Wish coaches would see these things earlier on and try something different 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

True but they are recouping their money on Fernandez. I get we don’t know or analyse their signing as much - but whilst not world beaters duds like Doidge and Newell have turned it round. 

There’s no arguing we have (on the whole) not done well in the transfer market for a number of years. 

Newell looks decent. Doidge looks terrible value for 350 grand.

Who to trust more...

Robbie Neilson, former footballer and current manager.

Or some radges on Kickback.

**** it, start Moore. 

17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Who to trust more...

Robbie Neilson, former footballer and current manager.

Or some radges on Kickback.

**** it, start Moore. 

It's odd how far away he is from starting. Can't understand why. 

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Yeh definitely could have been a good move for him. Like his workrate and positioning but isn’t going to get enough goal contributions to make it as a winger. 

Think he played wingback couple times in his first season - including against Rangers? 

David Smith became a RB did he not. Was never in a million years going to make it here as a winger - goal at ER aside - but was played there his whole time here. Wish coaches would see these things earlier on and try something different 

All the best full backs started as wingers. 🤷 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )