January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Brophy is another where we seem a bit late to the party. Was very promising at Hamilton and I remember being surprised he ended up at Killie.

Scored a few against us including the one that went straight through Pereira

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

20 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No idea if true but a few folk saying Connor Simpson is signing,6 ft 5 inch Striker.

It might make sense as I see from his stats that he had a spell at PNE so he would be known to our new SD.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/connor-simpson/profil/spieler/504910

Edited by wavydavy

15 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Jack Byrne leaving shamrock rovers this month in a free. I'd be looking at him. Ireland International. Back to back player of the year in Ireland. Attacking midfiekder/wide player. 

Do you know why he is leaving? His profile on Transfer Marker suggests his contract runs until Dec 2021.

I see he had a spell at Killie as well but I have to say I don't remember him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-byrne/profil/spieler/217757

11 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Brophy is another where we seem a bit late to the party. Was very promising at Hamilton and I remember being surprised he ended up at Killie.

Scored a few against us including the one that went straight through Pereira

Seem to remember a post about this on an earlier thread, may have been from @Football First

Gist was that John Murray had suggested Brophy and Levein rejected it iirc ?

Rick Sanchez

I've been surprised to see Brophy on the bench so much for Killie tbh. Kabamba does good hold up work but Brophy runs into spaces and harasses the defence with plenty of energy. He can also finish.

He has confidence about him aswell. Any time you see Wighton his head is down.

O'Donnell should be out of contract now.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I've been surprised to see Brophy on the bench so much for Killie tbh. Kabamba does good hold up work but Brophy runs into spaces and harasses the defence with plenty of energy. He can also finish.

He has confidence about him aswell. Any time you see Wighton his head is down.

O'Donnell should be out of contract now.

Maybe he has his sights set on leaving the club and they are not playing him for this reason.

15 minutes ago, Rods said:

Brophy for me is similar to Washington. I am not confident of us getting him though. 

I’m bound to have seen him but can’t really remember what he’s like. Is he quite fast then?

45 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do you know why he is leaving? His profile on Transfer Marker suggests his contract runs until Dec 2021.

I see he had a spell at Killie as well but I have to say I don't remember him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-byrne/profil/spieler/217757

I just re-read the article I seen. I just assumed it was a free but it doesn't mention that so think you're right. He's been linked to a club in Cyprus as Mick McCarthy manages them.

Im sure we were linked to him previously. Can't remember if it was Neilson, Cathro or Levein. 

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m bound to have seen him but can’t really remember what he’s like. Is he quite fast then?

Think he is full of energy and running rather than lighting fast. 

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Was Savage at Hamilton also when they signed Brophy??

Possibly....

Good point actually. Seems he was chief scout at Hamilton in 2013 when they signed him 👍🏻

51 minutes ago, Rods said:

Think he is full of energy and running rather than lighting fast. 

Sounds like he’d be just what we need.

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

I just re-read the article I seen. I just assumed it was a free but it doesn't mention that so think you're right. He's been linked to a club in Cyprus as Mick McCarthy manages them.

Im sure we were linked to him previously. Can't remember if it was Neilson, Cathro or Levein. 

Good chance it would have been with Levein given the players we brought in from NI and the Republic.

Just been having a look at those players currently at PNE who will be our of contract this year and I saw that Louis Moult is one of them.

Obviously Savage our new SD will be aware of all of these guys but I remember Moult scored a lot of goals when he was at Motherwell.

Not sure if he is playing currently for them but he would be a useful acquisition.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/louis-moult/profil/spieler/125561

Rick Sanchez

O'Donnell somehow playing for Motherwell out of contract. Brophy isn't in the Kilmarnock squad at all. Same with Greg Stewart.

14 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

O'Donnell somehow playing for Motherwell out of contract. Brophy isn't in the Kilmarnock squad at all. Same with Greg Stewart.

He's not out of contract. 

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Seem to remember a post about this on an earlier thread, may have been from @Football First

Gist was that John Murray had suggested Brophy and Levein rejected it iirc ?

Heard that too ... obviously the player had the wrong agent 

Guest ToqueJambo

I hope we do go for this Roberts lad at Airdrie if he seems to be the real deal. We need a good Frenchman again and it seems like he could be a Didier Agathe or Sol Bamba type who pitches up randomly at a lower league club and turns out to be a gem.

Edited by ToqueJambo

30 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I didnt know Uche was from Penicuik!!

When I read the above posts, I thought Uche had scored for Penicuik!

7 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Brophy would be a good signing. Most people here sound like they have the right expectations of him. A chosen few will call him the next fish if he doesn't bang in 30 in his first 5 games though. But so be it. I'd be happy with him.

Strong rumours he's signed for Aberdeen today. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Strong rumours he's signed for Aberdeen today. 

You are obsessed with the sheep,every transfer thread you come on spouting absolute Aidy White about them signing everybody.

How you haven’t been launched is mind boggling.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

You are obsessed with the sheep,every transfer thread you come on spouting absolute Aidy White about them signing everybody.

Lets see what happens. Its been reported they are in for  Ross Stewart, Allan Campbell Cadden and O'Donnell. Brophy the latest.

As for Brophy its being mentioned on various forums such as Pie and Bovril. Lets see.

Also the reason I bring Aberdeen up is because I feel these are the types of players we should be signing. We are a bigger club and accordingly to last seasons books we have a larger wage budget. We should be beating to every player IMO.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They must have the biggest squad in world football

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Lets see what happens. Its been reported they are in for  Ross Stewart, Allan Campbell Cadden and O'Donnell. Brophy the latest.

As for Brophy its being mentioned on various forums such as Pie and Bovril. Lets see.

Also the reason I bring Aberdeen up is because I feel these are the types of players we should be signing. We are a bigger club and accordingly to last seasons books we have a larger wage budget. We should be beating to every player IMO.

Na you are at the ham.

At least I’ve seen the light openly admits he is a sheep pumper.

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Your biannual Sheep transfer window predictions are always miles off as they will be again this time. 

47 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I hope we do go for this Roberts lad at Airdrie if he seems to be the real deal. We need a good Frenchman again and it seems like he could be a Didier Agathe or Sol Bamba type who pitches up randomly at a lower league club and turns out to be a gem.

His name is Robert. No S. as in Lauren Robert, also with no S. pronounced Raw Berr 

2 minutes ago, dumpson said:

We’re seeing the quality of the squad tonight I’m afraid. Striker badly needed. 

We dumped Washington. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Do not give Neilson another penny. If he can’t get us up with current resources then sack him. And if he does, sack him anyway because he’ll take us nowhere in the Premiership 

Neil Dongcaster
19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Do not give Neilson another penny. If he can’t get us up with current resources then sack him. And if he does, sack him anyway because he’ll take us nowhere in the Premiership 

This is where I’m at. Not another penny.

So you think we have enough in the tank not to sign anyone? Do you seriously think that we would have signed anyone in contract in August when they are out of contract now for free?

We’re gonna F up this window too aren’t we? We haven’t signed a good CB on a permanent deal since Berra and that didn’t exactly take much scouting

18Jambo_dave74

Would be nice to get a bit of extra quality in January but may be loans that we are looking at.

I still think the summer transfer window is absolutely massive for us and is our biggest transfer window for years. We will win the league comfortably with the squad we have but going forwards there is not many that should be retained. 

I have no confidence in Neilson when it comes to identifying the correct players. The summer was a mixed bag to say the least. 

He made some shocking signings and decisions last time around. None more so than signing Sammon and deciding Jack Hamilton could be a number 1. 

At the very least we need a centre back and at least one striker.  Despite signing three wingers we need at least another.  Also need someone with pace in the midfield 

It's shocking how bare the squad is. The bench tonight was worrying 

2 new first team centre backs and wingers minimum please 

Punt Zlamal, Doyle, Berra, Walker, Frear and Roberts for a start. Then can get some of the other dross out in the summer. 

Also, a potentially smart move would be to offer O’Donnell a contract. Slot Smith at centre back and play something like:

Gordon 

O’Donnell Smith Halkett Kingsley 

For the time being. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Also, a potentially smart move would be to offer O’Donnell a contract. Slot Smith at centre back and play something like:

Gordon 

For the time being. 

This all day long.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
14 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Jack Byrne leaving shamrock rovers this month in a free. I'd be looking at him. Ireland International. Back to back player of the year in Ireland. Attacking midfiekder/wide player. 

Did he not turn us down before?

I'm sure he was in talks with us when Walker was first linked with a move to Wigan. May have even been the window before Walker made the move. Cash plus player type move I think.

Pitched up at Killie a few months later but I don't think he played much.

8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gordon 

For the time being. 

Makes our defence way better. 

Personally I would look at only loan deals this window unless there is someone who really fits the bill.

RN’s transfer dealings don’t inspire me with confidence. Hopefully Savage has some decent contacts down south and we can get a couple of loan players in to see us over the line.

No more permanent deals until we know where we are playing next season

No decent players are going to sign for us in the championship. That's why we had to go for the likes of frear and Roberts. Do folk think these two were top of the shopping list?

Or is it more likely for our wages and shit league we are in that's what we had to settle for.

19 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Just been having a look at those players currently at PNE who will be our of contract this year and I saw that Louis Moult is one of them.

Obviously Savage our new SD will be aware of all of these guys but I remember Moult scored a lot of goals when he was at Motherwell.

Not sure if he is playing currently for them but he would be a useful acquisition.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/louis-moult/profil/spieler/125561

Seen he is recovering from a serious knee injury

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )